Author Topic: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit  (Read 72795 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Re: 東方天華楼 (Touhou Tenkarou) ~ Frantically Forbidden Fruit
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
Dunno if I should say the game is easy bc it lagged so much during the final 3 stages
Spoiler:
especially in Ringo's final spell
  :V

However it was really fun and the soundtrack is quite enjoyable for sure

Spoiler:
Also do I need to beat all LW to get the last BGM?

Btw that
Spoiler:
Yuuka
theme is so perfect
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 07:54:32 PM by Kogachii ♡ »
Mwahahahahha!

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSDQz5H2UU

Lunatic Legacy 1.121b with Yuuka.
Maybe I might push for higher? Not sure, but Sanae's and Tenshi's patterns were pretty fun to graze. Ringo's too.

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »
If you have lag problems,
1) it's gore what did you expect :V
2) do effect cut of the warping, weather and enemy particles, and maybe cut more if it's still bad for you

Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2017, 09:50:10 PM »
This game is quite fun, Got a paradise lunatic 1cc of this game. I also have an extra clear and I do plan on uploading that soon,
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 11:32:09 PM »
Sorry for doubleposting-- but I also got my extra clear uploaded now: Extra Paradise Clear
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2017, 12:58:15 AM »
Hmm... so many things to say about this game...
I love the fruit mechanic, and I love the fact that it's available in Extra too. Speaking of Extra though, holy crap, the patterns are such a mess, I couldn't tell what was going on half the time. I game overed on
Spoiler:
Flandre's third or fourth spell
I'm also in love the with music, especially the Stage 1, 3, 4 and 6 themes, as well as
Spoiler:
Yuuka's theme, and Ringo's second theme
However, I absolutely hate
Spoiler:
Iku
's spell, as well as the entirety of Stage 5 (including the music, which seems kind of out of place in my opinion), minus
Spoiler:
Seiran
Everything else was incredibly fun and enjoyable, even if a little broken, and I got a Normal 1cc with Yuuka and Sanae on my first try. Like Badz said, Paradise has a really weird balance of difficult patterns but with too many resources + it being difficult to actually die
Spoiler:
except on Tenshi and Iku's stupid lightning/laser spells.
The shot types feel a bit TOO strong... I was able to beat
Spoiler:
Sanae
's first nonspell and spell without even moving or actually having to dodge anything, while playing as Sanae. Yuuka is the worst offender because not only is her shot already strong, but all of it homes in, plus it pierces. So I'd say Yuuka is the best character for survival.

I wonder if this game's going to get a Phantasm/Miracle/whatever stage like Re.PoIB did...

(Admittedly, it was my first time ever playing a Gore game at the full 60 FPS since I borrowed my cousin's computer that actually has enough RAM lol. I did not know the fruit effects lasted for so little or that some patterns were so fast considering the demo ran at a solid 18 FPS on my own computer...)

Gregory

• I draw stuffs
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2017, 04:18:43 AM »
still, is it me or from mid stage 4 to extra stage you can see an abusive uses of Shootshape function...

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2017, 05:44:06 AM »
Gore released a v1.00b.

■Patch Note

2017/08/01 ver 1.00b BugFix Version
     ・ Stage 4C Fixed a bug that may fall when you use orange juice at the last spell.

- Fixed because there was a data embedding error in replay.
       In the replay of the previous version, the effect cut setting is made the same,
       There is no problem if you play from 1 side.

PatchFile(1.00a => 1.00b):https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZNX0Vtc-HLgROn4WvsRGcFFNBA

Translation thanks to MartinGoogle.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:01:15 AM by CrestedPeak9 »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2017, 06:00:00 AM »
i didn't translate that ffs it's on his bulletforge page, you really think i speak in broken english?  :derp:
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »
every aspect of the ringo fight is somehow 5000x more ridiculous than the mid-dev screens and videos let on and i Love It

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »
Some bugs:

(Stage 4E) Youmu's first spell on lunatic fails to slash the bubbles. This makes the spell laughably easy. Works as intended on other difficulties though.
edit: here is a vid displaying a glitch

Ringo's survival spell thing can be shot down on all difficulties.

If you change the frameskip option different from what you did a run in then your replay will desync. (i.e. if you did a run at 1/1 frameskip, closed the game and changed to 1/2, your replay will desync)

Song number 26 does not unlock properly. I presume this is the theme that plays on last words.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:27:16 PM by Satori Komeijist »

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
Gore confirmed Youmu Lunatic first spell bug, he mistimed the cut. Will be fixed in v1.00c.

Edit: Been talking with him more on twitter and he confirms
- Ringo's second last 'timeout' is programmed intentionally to be able to be shot down early. A similar mechanic has also appeared in PoIB.
    - He also says that he thought about adding health circle, but the enemy marker is already there. If you didn't notice, his enemy markers change with health.
- He says he can't fix the frameskip one to his knowledge.
- Song 26 is the Last Word theme and can only be heard from the Spell Practice (?)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:22:56 PM by CrestedPeak9 »

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2017, 02:43:24 PM »
I haven't really played the game, but watching videos of it got me curious on a thing: What exactly determines which stage 4 boss you'll be getting?

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2017, 03:28:50 PM »
I haven't really played the game, but watching videos of it got me curious on a thing: What exactly determines which stage 4 boss you'll be getting?
nothing. you can select any of them upon beating stage 3

also marisa lw unlock is bugged. i beat legacy normal and nothing happened

edit: same with everyone else... except reimu apparently. the hell?

edit2: i figured out what the bug is. the code only checks for one instance of the unlock, not all 7.

Code: [Select]
//No.201~207 特定キャラでレガシーモードのNormal以上をクリアする
ascent( d in 1..4)
{
ascent( p in 0 .. plmax)
{
if(GetAreaCommonData(ComonAreaName,dif_ClearID[d]~ScoreplID[p]~ModeID[1],0)>0)
{//どれかの装備でクリア済みならば
SetAreaCommonData(ComonAreaName,difH[d_LW]~SpellID[6+p]~"c"~plH[p]~ModeID[0],1);
SetAreaCommonData(ComonAreaName,difH[d_LW]~SpellID[6+p]~"c"~plH[p]~ModeID[1],1);

break;
}
}
}
(plmax is defined as 7)

only reimu's works properly (spell id 6). everyone else (spell id 7-12) does not.

simply replace 6+p with the number of your choice. so anything from 7 to 12, until you got them all.

and even then...
marisa's lw crashes the game LOL

warp_player_marisa is not defined at line 53 of st4bosslw01s.dnh
seems to be an extraneous line because i do not see it on any other last word.

simply comment it out and marisa's lw should function
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:37:36 PM by Satori Komeijist »

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2017, 06:31:41 PM »
one day in and we're already modifiying the games  :wat:
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2017, 04:32:06 AM »
v1.00c is out, here's the patch note on Bulletforge.
2017/08/02 ver 1.00c BugFix Version
     - Stage 4C Fixed a bug that sometimes crashes when challenging with Marisa slow shot or Sanae fast shot.
     - Stage 4E Fixed a bug that was not the first bullet on the spellcard.
     - Stage 4 Fixed the unreasonable position of enemies in Chapter 2(The enemy's HP also lowered)
     - LastWord Fixed a crash bug when trying to open No. 202.
     - LastWord Fixed a problem that may not be released even if the condition is satisfied.
     - Bug fixed that BGM No. 26 is not banned.

- Fixed display of "HighScore !!" at the end of replay playback protruding outside the STG frame.

PatchFile(1.00a/1.00b => 1.00c):https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZNX0Vtc-HLgRTU2X5KYjrHwy7M

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2017, 05:22:05 AM »
goddddddddd this game's so gooooood, it's really fun and i love it. I'm gonna have such a great time playing through to unlock everything. Now that I'm actually playing the game and reading the dialogue, it's obvious that Gore put in a ton of love into making all the different routes and stuff. (not to mention effort. a whole bunch of effort)

The music is also super super good, props to every artist who contributed. Speaking of which, does anybody recognize a couple of the melodies in Eden's Apple? This one and this one. Kanako, Shinmyoumaru, Ringo and Junko's themes are obvious, but I swear I've heard these two before somewhere-- the second one in particular-- and can't remember where.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2017, 06:48:48 AM »
goddddddddd this game's so gooooood, it's really fun and i love it. I'm gonna have such a great time playing through to unlock everything. Now that I'm actually playing the game and reading the dialogue, it's obvious that Gore put in a ton of love into making all the different routes and stuff. (not to mention effort. a whole bunch of effort)

The music is also super super good, props to every artist who contributed. Speaking of which, does anybody recognize a couple of the melodies in Eden's Apple? This one and this one. Kanako, Shinmyoumaru, Ringo and Junko's themes are obvious, but I swear I've heard these two before somewhere-- the second one in particular-- and can't remember where.
uhh no idea what the first one is but the second one is maybe this? not entirely sure btw, but it somewhat reminded me of it.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2017, 07:14:04 AM »
Idk, I feel like some of the stage 4 bosses could be good (only done 2 so far) and stage 6 is really good but the rest of the game is a slogfest full of copied/slightly tweaked cards and lag. Its like a remake of 2hu games but with a ton of added lag. Not very fun imo.
Tenshi's battle has some neat ideas but some bad execution (wow that near instant laser is weird and fast, and what is that first card??), the nons looked really cool though.

The original ideas seem alright for the most part I just wish the game was mostly original rather than the obvious inspiration a fair amount of the game shows. Maybe the extra stage is better.

All my effects are turned off and I still regularly dip to 40 fps or less on a fair few attacks late game :/ oh gore

I wish this would've just been a script that was just stage 6 but extended to the length of something like GaHS. That's the best part of the game to me.

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2017, 01:42:41 PM »
This is definitely one of the most fun Touhou fangames out there.

Sure, if you're talking about survival then it is unbalanced, but the main focus of this game is scoring. Sometimes, strategically getting hit during a spellcard actually can give you more spell bonus, which is awesome.
You win in FFF not by skillful dodging alone, but by abusing the mechanics to get insane bonuses really quickly. That kind of system is certainly not for everyone, but I'm the type of person who loves seeing their score multiply to huge numbers.

The only real issue is the lag, but that's expected from Gore, who's known for his beautiful effects. Fortunately, you can turn off most effects in the options (you can even choose which effects you want to turn off!)

Additionally, I believe the game can be optimized more. We could either wait for Gore to release a patch or we could do it ourselves.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2017, 03:13:15 PM »
Even turning off all of the effects, the game still lags like heck for me... But I kinda find it hard not to love it with how the game basically begs for you to break it on Paradise. Legacy I'm a bit more if-fy on but hey it's there for runs without any juice or health bars.

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2017, 03:13:00 AM »
Oh my god the type of juice you get from graze items depends on the color of the bullet grazed, no wonder I kept suddenly getting different juice than I expected

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2017, 05:30:30 AM »
v1.00e is out on Bulletforge, by the way. This game sure gets a lot of patches!

btw I've posted the raws for the spell card names/comments and music names/comments on the FFF page. Hopefully tl's start rolling in. I'll try and do my best with spell card images too and once I unlock the final last word I'll provide my scorefile for anyone to use for reference.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:41:22 AM by Satori Komeijist »

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2017, 09:30:01 AM »
Anybody else's game start to lag more after version 1.00e?

This game is way too easy in Paradise Mode, I was able to 1-death Lunatic 1cc with Yuuka with max resources by the end... yet I can barely 1cc the official games on Hard. Still, I find it's a pretty fun game to play regardless, I've been playing it nonstop since it came out.

« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2017, 06:35:49 AM »

The second one vaguely reminds me of casket of star. I feel like it is a reference to something else though...
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2017, 09:09:05 AM »
aaaaaaand did all the last words. alot of them are easy with yuuka but yuuka is yuuka, she is in heavy need of a nerfing because she does way too much at once right now.

PM me for scorefile, treat it as you would a ZUN game, just copy it into the folder. (backup your original scorefile and put the unlocked scorefile in the main folder of your game)
for anyone who wishes to contribute to the madness of taking screenshots of spell card images.

side note... i think this is legitimately the most bs attack in the entire game, honestly.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:45:24 AM by Satori Komeijist »

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2017, 01:53:35 PM »
that was some ISC stuff

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2017, 02:48:01 PM »
fully unlocked scorefile with all spell cards in practice and music room unlocked (backup your scorefile and put this one in the main folder of your game)
for anyone who wishes to contribute to the madness of taking screenshots of spell card images.

That's my job, i think. I'll have that scorefile in mind. Maybe i'll start this weekend.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:45:06 AM by Kilgamayan »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2017, 07:24:37 PM »
That's my job, i think. I'll have that scorefile in mind. Maybe i'll start this weekend.
...aaaaaand I didn't know you had to have practice for Reimu unlocked. I totally forgot that spell practice wasn't allowed for anything that isn't a last word. I only have all difficulty practice unlocked for Yuuka, the only thing I have for Reimu is normal legacy (for last word unlock). I do have extra with everyone though.

oh well at least you can still use it for last words I guess?

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2017, 05:02:54 AM »
Probably a dumb question, but is there a download for the OST?