Author Topic: Granblue Summer - Swimsuits and Sun!  (Read 143085 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Granblue Fantasy - Deadliest Catch in Fundoshi!
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2016, 07:14:48 PM »
...Oh, Is this some kind of limited event for summons like Grand Order?

I'm 700 off and need to grind out points/tickets still though so welp :V

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
  • "Even a failure produces valid results."
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:33 PM »
Just random rate ups. SSR rate is still 3%, but said chars and summons have a better chance to pop up.

Chaore

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »
Just random rate ups. SSR rate is still 3%, but said chars and summons have a better chance to pop up.

Mmm. Feels like I'll pass then. I need an SSR summon that is not CREB but, I can wait.

also they chose the best idolmaster to become a summon wtf when can we get that again ;;

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2016, 10:50:29 PM »
Mmm. Feels like I'll pass then. I need an SSR summon that is not CREB but, I can wait.

also they chose the best idolmaster to become a summon wtf when can we get that again ;;
Not sure if it will come up again. From what I recall, collabs are commemorations of something or promotions that happened. Well, there's an exchange in the shop for Cinderella Girls, so maybe it will happen again? Don't quote me on that.

Chaore

« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2016, 12:58:03 AM »
Not sure if it will come up again. From what I recall, collabs are commemorations of something or promotions that happened. Well, there's an exchange in the shop for Cinderella Girls, so maybe it will happen again? Don't quote me on that.

It'd be really weird if they -never- got the same collab again given usually they repeat because you have past rep with the business, but I'm extra sad then. I really wanted chuuni idol summon...

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2016, 01:22:52 AM »
It'd be really weird if they -never- got the same collab again given usually they repeat because you have past rep with the business, but I'm extra sad then. I really wanted chuuni idol summon...
BELIEVE

On a side note, The World has rocking music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ3znjUT-GY
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:25:14 AM by Ruka »

Chaore

« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2016, 01:34:56 AM »
Speaking of the shop exchanges- how do you get the stuff for those? The idolmaster summon in there is different too.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2016, 02:00:54 AM »
For the ones with banners (third tab in exchanges), those correspond to their event. You can't get the items unless the event for those rolls around. If they're keeping those banners around, then there's a chance they'll show up again later. I know the first five with summons on them showed up recently. Rumors are Diabolos (the 6th banner) is the next event, so...chances are looking good for Ranko to come back?

Others items are farmed on different islands or coop.

Chaore

« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2016, 03:38:51 AM »
For the ones with banners (third tab in exchanges), those correspond to their event. You can't get the items unless the event for those rolls around. If they're keeping those banners around, then there's a chance they'll show up again later. I know the first five with summons on them showed up recently. Rumors are Diabolos (the 6th banner) is the next event, so...chances are looking good for Ranko to come back?

Looks solid then. I guess it makes sense, since the two games are tied together pretty solidly.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2016, 05:16:39 AM »

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2016, 06:00:23 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeoWfjhcmuY for the song by itself

ANYWAYS, finally rolled the crab, will probably try to at least MLB the SR weapons but I think that's about it for the event for me.

Also, finally got to do a boosted halo dungeon grind, wound up with all the rusty non-human HP weapons and the staff  :derp:

Chaore

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2016, 09:06:33 AM »
crab defeated me.

blew resources, went hard.... less than 40 in some trash rolls, no third crab.

game wins, still no ssr lead for me.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
Re: Granblue Fantasy - Half Time Summon Farming
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »
It's that time again where you can leisurely farm mats for the current summon rotation. You can exchange them for various things, but I suggest to focus on only one item like say summon or weapons. Also, the cost increases for summons and weapons each purchase, so keep that in mind.

Don't forget to clear at least Normal and Hard of each summon's dungeon. You'll get 50 gems for each for doing so.

On top of that, there's a special promotion where BP is halved for some multi battles. So if you need to farm silver anima, this would be a good time for it. Just be quick. These things die fast.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:58:34 PM by Ruka »

Chaore

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:51 PM »
Yeah I think I'm gonna focus on the blue set, and then bugger off to story and fate episodes :v

Maybe if I do it quick, try and get a single copy of the rest of the ssr summons for leader purposes. Or do they have a bad downside like crab does? :v

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2016, 01:17:47 PM »
No bad downsides for these guys.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2016, 02:57:27 PM »
ok, so I can beat VH Diabolos but probably only Hard on the Water/Earth bosses because my Wind and Earth teams are nowhere near as good.

Anything I should be gunning for other than the Diabolos summon?

Also what is this downside to crab besides being a terrible stat stick?

Edit: Just did the fate episode for event Soriz because I was lacking light books until recently.

0/10 did not fight the crab to MANLY MUSIC
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:32:59 PM by Smashy »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2016, 06:47:27 PM »
I'd focus on the summon. If you have leftover mats after the event, you can either save them or use them for things you need.

As for the crab, having crab leader without MLB decreases you double attack chance. MLB removes that and adds a 10% damage reduction for dark.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
Well I can scrape out a win over VH Earth even though my wind team is kinda eh, so I'm going to test the water boss and try to farm him and Diabolos at least since I already have a Medusa. Evidently the earth guns are nice to have so I'll try farming a few as well to tide me over.

Edit: VH Coctyus wrecks me, guess I'm farming that gun first
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:50:49 PM by Smashy »

Chaore

« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2016, 11:46:39 PM »
Yeah VH Cocytus beats me up too, which is problematic. I guess I'll see how VH Diablos goes...

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2016, 12:16:32 AM »
VH Diabolos is scary for me because I absolutely cannot let his orb ougi twice (I have a status guard for the first ougi) but usually I've been able to weaken it so I can unleash ougis on the main boss and kill the orb with the chain spell.

Also, frontflipped a gun from earth boss :V Soon I shall defeat the Cocytus

I like edits: Decided to roll a x10 because damnit I need to try to get some characters.

Yes, that is a dupe of my only SSR character  :colonveeplusalpha: At least I'm running a full fire SR team now
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:30:07 AM by Smashy »

Chaore

« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2016, 12:32:39 AM »
t-that's more stats on the sword, I guess?

edit: update, light team with luci friend worked for vh cocytus

editedit: it is also not consistent, because he's kind of a huge rng asshole apparently.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:07:16 AM by Chaore »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2016, 04:35:47 AM »
That's...some kind of luck to get the same SSR. And it's not even legfest. Smashy. What are you on?

Chaore

« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2016, 05:57:34 AM »
i think i need to use green vials to beat the vh bosses consistently

i might have to just take one of each and run...

Edit: ...yeah I don't suppose the gold summon pieces drop on 15 or something? 20 is frustratingly inconsistent, and even doing it 5 times for one summon is going to be a pain.

The fact that not MLBing them is going to fuck me over long-term too doesn't really help...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:42:22 AM by Chaore »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:49 PM »
i think i need to use green vials to beat the vh bosses consistently

i might have to just take one of each and run...

Edit: ...yeah I don't suppose the gold summon pieces drop on 15 or something? 20 is frustratingly inconsistent, and even doing it 5 times for one summon is going to be a pain.

The fact that not MLBing them is going to fuck me over long-term too doesn't really help...

Possibly. The one thing VH has over H is more drops at the very least. Don't expect to MLB a summon this event, but you should be able to LB it two times. I was about rank 40 when I was working on Clow (the light summon in my summon list), and I wasn't able to MLB her. I do still have mats for the next time she comes around, and they do come around again.

It's best to just focus on getting basic setups going until you get stronger. And the key to getting stronger is mainly getting a weapon pool going. Summons help, don't get me wrong, but if you have a decent weapon pool for a foundation, your overall strength will increase. Don't worry too much about getting a single element pool and actually just get weapons. SSR weapons would be nice, but SR weapons aren't bad either once you get a few of them MLB'd and max level.

Just to give an idea, this is what I'm using against the earth summon.

Also don't forget about your job. If your team is lacking a healer, be the healer. As vanilla a setup as it is, dark fencer is great for survival and offense.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:11:37 PM by Ruka »

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »
That's...some kind of luck to get the same SSR. And it's not even legfest. Smashy. What are you on?

I'm on "I need actual characters because I can't even fill out half my teams" with a side of "might roll Luci, suddenly I probably just throw the Light team at everything"

I'm not even complaining (buncle! also a few characters to fill out teams) also character pics

Is made of ougis (gives ougi meter to everyone and has DA up) and eventually gets a big nuke that I can't access yet because I don't have a fire scroll  :V

Third reason I rolled: I defeated her now she joins my party that's how it works right?  :derp:
(I still don't have a full Dark team though)

I might actually replace MANLY FISHERMAN with this guy (although it's the R version( once he hits 25 because from what I've read his buff is one of those stacking buffs and I'm already at over 4k HP on my light team from all the HP up weapons so I need offense instead of tank.

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2016, 06:50:35 PM »
That yandere imouto.

Chaore

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2016, 07:18:15 PM »
Also don't forget about your job. If your team is lacking a healer, be the healer. As vanilla a setup as it is, dark fencer is great for survival and offense.

Yeah, I'm using fencer right now to give myself time to break the boss before it hits.

My weapon pool is okay, it mostly needs levels- I got two MLB spear and sword from crab event, and the SSR fully limit broke as well. My real downside is not having a proper summon lead, and still using boomut.

Flat out it's mostly stats on my end. I might have to just change to a different idea...

I've gotten some consistency on Diablos. Almost got his summon, then I'll switch to grabbing cocytus and the earth one. Not sure the weapons are worth the time, since I can get one of each at best. Maybe for element coverage in different classes.

Even at base they'll be an upgrade from my rs and boomut atleast.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:46:07 AM by Chaore »

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2016, 06:54:23 AM »
The earth weapons have attack passives. A couple of earth guns made a huge difference in being able to beat VH Cocytus, and now I have enough stat sticks and other pieces to solo even Chev hard*. Then again, Colossus is probably untouchable for me right now because my Water team is nonexistent.

*The secret there for me was run an Odin summon and Seruel for veil :V

Chaore

« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:24 AM »
I'm mostly just beating up vohu since I got a drop of her already, and she's really easy.

Compared to Cocytus' fuckyou mode and Diablos' balancing of orb and himself, it's a simple fight. Probably go back to it every once in a while for the ap pots per day.

Should help for cocytus too, provided I get some angels to feed to her.

Edit: How does treasure hunt stacking work, by the by? I got the SR thief that has a double treasure debuff when it was 2x, so I can stack it really easily.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:31:42 PM by Chaore »

Ruka

• Lab Syndrome
    • Ruka Sari Sari
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »
Edit: How does treasure hunt stacking work, by the by? I got the SR thief that has a double treasure debuff when it was 2x, so I can stack it really easily.
I'm not sure to be honest. My guess is that it increases the chance for more chests to appear. Usually in magnas you only get 3-4 chests, but I see a lot of people using treasure hunt which sometimes a 5th chest drops.