~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

Onthenet's Danmakufu Projects (Chen completed)

(1/16) > >>

CK Crash:
My first set of spellcards, meant to be played as a plural script
A second set, which is basically a harder version of the first
Completed Eirin boss with 10 attacks. Includes BGM, which is why I can't use Googlepages like normal.
Weakling All-Stars
*NEW* CHEEEEEEEEN! Now updated to not crash stuff.

Video of Chen on Lunatic from Naut.

Next project is (maybe, put probably not) Remilia.

Naut:
Welcome welcome, always nice to have another addition to the English Danmakufu family.

Man, I got excited when I saw "I just learned Danmakufu yesterday...", I was all "oh shweet there's gonna be so many mistakes in this I'm gonna have a massive essay this is awesome!"

Yeah, way to steal that pleasure away form me.

Your scripts are pretty much flawless in terms of potential mistakes, from a coding standpoint. You use looping structures effectively and accomplish what you want to make with a limited amount of variables and a concise and clear code structure. Good lord, what could you want us to say. [hypocrisy]I will nitpick just for the sake of it, but your tabbing is leaving me a bit baffled. Because you spawn so little in these scripts, it's still pretty clear to see the looping structures, but occasionally you don't tab in to show that you're entering another set of {squiggly braces}, which gets very confusing in larger scripts. Be sure to remember to tab things accurately, so the code is much easier to follow -- for yourself and any others looking at your script.[/hypocrisy]

Alrighty, I do have another gripe, but I tell this to pretty much everybody and pretty much everybody can ignore it. Make the scripts more difficult, or have multiple difficulties. I'm not gonna go on about whos better than who, but easy/normal mode gets pretty niche to people who own and code danmakufu (all that testing really bumps up your skill, even though you feel like you're hardly ever playing), so you might want to make things more difficult in the near future. Your Border of Wave and Particle wasn't bad in terms of difficulty, but even that was "oohhh, particles... Lalala~". Anywyas, you can pretty much ignore all that, because ultimately, you script what you want to play. If you're an easy/normal mode guy, then don't feel you have to make lunatic+ spellcards just because I really really want you too oh please oh god that would be awesome thank you in advance please thanks

Good work, hope to see more from you in the near future.

Darkblizer:
brilliant cards. You should add PK Love, though.

CK Crash:
Thanks for the comments!

As for difficulty, you guessed correctly since I'm one of those people who always play Normal, rarely 1CCing (right now I'm struggling with Stage 5 SA, but that's besides the point).  The most I could do is make something Extra stage-ish in difficulty (trick-based as opposed to sheer dodging skill). I'll make tougher versions, but would that require a 2nd txt for each attack, or could I achieve that by putting a variable in the plural script and having the single scripts check that?

BTW, I try not to tab TOO much, since I don't want to have to scroll notepad right all the time XD

@Darkblizer
I would if I had a decent idea of what to do for PK Love, then I would make it. Perhaps PK Flash too?

Naut:
You could definately diddle with setting and getting CommonData, and perhaps make the initialization a stage file, create an event with a difficulty choosing option, then SetCommonData based on that. Each individual script could GetCommonData, then if(GetCommonData==1){v = 3; angle = 4; etc.}else{v = 2; angle = 8; etc}. I would guide you on how to do this, but I'm not too comfortable on setting and getting common data. Your best bet right now is to make a second batch of text files, which isn't as hard as it sounds since you can just copy and paste the easier versions, and edit them from there. Honestly, for so few scripts, you should probably just make a second batch anyway rather than confuse yourself with diddling with CommonData, but for large multi-stage projects then common data is almost a necessity.

Anyways, I'm actually on the way out the door, so I'll write up some stuff on your new spellcards when I get home and test them (based on your first batch, I doubt I'll have anything other than positive remarks to give).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version