Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 233313 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #330 on: July 10, 2018, 09:13:55 PM »
> "Well, let's start by sharing information, I guess, so we know what we're looking at."
> "I'll go first. Caster's already out of the game, Archer beat him last night. So, between the two of us, there's only Berserker, Assassin, and Saber left to deal with."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #331 on: July 10, 2018, 09:41:22 PM »
> "Well, let's start by sharing information, I guess, so we know what we're looking at."
> "I'll go first. Caster's already out of the game, Archer beat him last night. So, between the two of us, there's only Berserker, Assassin, and Saber left to deal with."

>Lancer nods. "That's two down, then. We've been hunting for Assassin, but with no luck. I'm sure I've felt him around somewhere, but we haven't been able to find him."
>"He's biding his time," Kimimela says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2018, 10:00:54 PM »
> "Yeah, the jerk wants his noble phantasm back before he does anything. I'm glad he's around here somewhere, though, I was worried he was still camping out back in Illinois or something."
> "You heard about the korean guy, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2018, 10:25:58 PM »
> "Yeah, the jerk wants his noble phantasm back before he does anything. I'm glad he's around here somewhere, though, I was worried he was still camping out back in Illinois or something."
> "You heard about the korean guy, right?"

>"Huh?" says Kimimela.
>"Oh, certainly," Lancer says, frowning a little.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
> Explain to Kimimela. "You remember how Assassin's noble phantasm will turn any kill he makes into a world-changing event, right? Well last night they picked up a random guy from North Korea and they're blaming him for Koch's murder, saying he's an agent of the DPRK."
> "It looks really bad. I'm hoping if we kill Assassin quickly enough things will settle down, even if it's just wishful thinking."
> "Did you two ever sense his master, or just the servant?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:11 PM »
> Explain to Kimimela. "You remember how Assassin's noble phantasm will turn any kill he makes into a world-changing event, right? Well last night they picked up a random guy from North Korea and they're blaming him for Koch's murder, saying he's an agent of the DPRK."
> "It looks really bad. I'm hoping if we kill Assassin quickly enough things will settle down, even if it's just wishful thinking."
> "Did you two ever sense his master, or just the servant?"

>Kimimela frowns. "But he's clearly innocent, how are they planning to prove he did it?"
>"They find a way, they always do," Lancer says. "I am not sure if Assassin's master is around, it's fuzzier than you may thing. I've found a few magi."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2018, 12:30:12 AM »
> "Huh. You've definitely found more than I have, but I can usually tell right away if I'm looking at a master."
> "I wonder if it's possible to conceal it somehow. It would fit with Assassin's gameplan."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2018, 12:48:54 AM »
> "Huh. You've definitely found more than I have, but I can usually tell right away if I'm looking at a master."
> "I wonder if it's possible to conceal it somehow. It would fit with Assassin's gameplan."

>"It's harder for me to tell," Lancer says. "But I know a magus when they brush against my web, so to speak."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2018, 01:09:25 AM »
> "Huh, okay. I was getting the sense you might have a different way of doing it."
> "Maybe we could spend a day coordinating and doing recon on the magi you're able to sense. It's kind of a pain, but I don't think Assassin's master is going to reveal themselves by choice."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2018, 02:13:22 AM »
> "Huh, okay. I was getting the sense you might have a different way of doing it."
> "Maybe we could spend a day coordinating and doing recon on the magi you're able to sense. It's kind of a pain, but I don't think Assassin's master is going to reveal themselves by choice."

>"That could do," says Lancer, frowning thoughtfully.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2018, 02:23:27 AM »
> "As for Berserker, apparently nobody's seen him since, uh, last time." Twiddle fingers, as we know this is a sore subject.
> "We think there might be some sort of conditions for him showing up. The first time was when Koch approached me, the second was when you did. So I thought he might just be drawn by two masters being in the same place at the same time, but by now it's obvious there's more to it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2018, 02:53:18 AM »
> "As for Berserker, apparently nobody's seen him since, uh, last time." Twiddle fingers, as we know this is a sore subject.
> "We think there might be some sort of conditions for him showing up. The first time was when Koch approached me, the second was when you did. So I thought he might just be drawn by two masters being in the same place at the same time, but by now it's obvious there's more to it."

>"He came up the river," says Kimimela.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:26 AM »
> "..."
> "One minute."
> Let's get out our phone, open up Google maps, and see if we can find the spot where we first saw Berserker and encountered Koch.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2018, 03:05:02 AM »
> "..."
> "One minute."
> Let's get out our phone, open up Google maps, and see if we can find the spot where we first saw Berserker and encountered Koch.

>You don't even need to. There was a river just a couple blocks away, you were close to some nature reserves.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2018, 03:38:25 AM »
> "Damn. I NEVER would have figured that out."
> "I think Kimimela's got it. There's no real rivers on this side of the state, so that would explain why he can't do anything."
> "...That also means it'll be incredibly easy to bait him out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2018, 03:53:14 AM »
> "Damn. I NEVER would have figured that out."
> "I think Kimimela's got it. There's no real rivers on this side of the state, so that would explain why he can't do anything."
> "...That also means it'll be incredibly easy to bait him out."

>"What if it's not just rivers?" Archer says.
>"But yes, I am liking this baiting him out," says Lancer, grinning a little.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #346 on: July 11, 2018, 04:09:40 AM »
> "Oh, I guess it could be lakes too. But that's also easy to plan around."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2018, 04:24:32 AM »
> "Oh, I guess it could be lakes too. But that's also easy to plan around."

>"Why not here, though?" says Archer. "There's a bay right over there..."

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2018, 05:34:09 AM »
>"Uhhh... My guess is that it might have to be freshwater he needs to get around? The bay would be saltwater, since it's connected to the ocean."
>"So if we wanted to lure him out, we'd have to go to the river, and that's... hang on."
>Check GMaps.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:38:08 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2018, 06:18:11 AM »
>"Uhhh... My guess is that it might have to be freshwater he needs to get around? The bay would be saltwater, since it's connected to the ocean."
>"So if we wanted to lure him out, we'd have to go to the river, and that's... hang on."
>Check GMaps.

>There are a few rivers around. Though it can be hard to tell if any of the them are backwashed.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2018, 02:47:43 PM »
> "The closest big river is the Nanticoke. As far as I can tell, it should be freshwater upstream. We could take a trip down there tomorrow."
> "Of course, if he shows up just by us being in the area, that doesn't give us a lot of time for prep work. We'd have to roll up ready to fight."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
> "The closest big river is the Nanticoke. As far as I can tell, it should be freshwater upstream. We could take a trip down there tomorrow."
> "Of course, if he shows up just by us being in the area, that doesn't give us a lot of time for prep work. We'd have to roll up ready to fight."

>"If it takes both of us, then surely one can prepare ahead of time?" says Lancer. "But, I do worry about stepping on each other's toes in that case."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2018, 06:42:00 PM »
> "Well, what's your style, Lancer? I was thinking of kiting Berserker and having Archer shoot up his arms to wear him down. We'd need to be able keep ahead of him for a while, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2018, 08:19:38 PM »
> "Well, what's your style, Lancer? I was thinking of kiting Berserker and having Archer shoot up his arms to wear him down. We'd need to be able keep ahead of him for a while, though."

>"That's a good question," he says. "I've only started to ponder what we can do together against him. Ideally, you could support us at long range."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2018, 08:57:39 PM »
> "I mean, heck, the guy's a huge target. If Archer could just stand back and shoot him the whole time it'd be a breeze. Right?"
> "If you want to do that, though, Kimimela might want to stay back with us. My main concern is Berserker ignoring you and Archer and just bowling one of us over."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #355 on: July 12, 2018, 12:33:20 AM »
> "I mean, heck, the guy's a huge target. If Archer could just stand back and shoot him the whole time it'd be a breeze. Right?"
> "If you want to do that, though, Kimimela might want to stay back with us. My main concern is Berserker ignoring you and Archer and just bowling one of us over."

>Lancer nods. "A good thing to be concerned about. Did I show you what he did to our truck?"
>"You better not've!" Kimimela says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #356 on: July 12, 2018, 12:35:58 AM »
> "Uh, I recall you mentioning it. How bad was it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #357 on: July 12, 2018, 12:48:26 AM »
> "Uh, I recall you mentioning it. How bad was it?"

>"He took a chunk out of the back," says Lancer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #358 on: July 12, 2018, 01:03:57 AM »
> "Geez. So the tailgate, if not the bumper...have the cops given you any trouble?"
> "...Let me rephrase that. How much trouble have the cops given you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #359 on: July 12, 2018, 01:20:42 AM »
> "Geez. So the tailgate, if not the bumper...have the cops given you any trouble?"
> "...Let me rephrase that. How much trouble have the cops given you?"

>"None yet," says Lancer.
>"The bumper is still there," says Kimimela, frowning. "So I think it's still street legal. Just...it's not pretty."

>_