Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155278 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #960 on: March 12, 2010, 04:53:03 AM »
>Nod in agreement with Mystia's assessment.
>And it'd be really shitty of us to ask Wriggle for even more help without a better reason that curiosity and vague ill feelings.
>Hell let's go to SDM. We burned a goodly amount of time on that trap hunt anyways, so maybe they found something.

You nod slowly. Mystia has a point. You're out of ideas.

You head to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You don't see Kogasa around the grounds, as expected.

> Does the dead magic zone affect the tunnels under the zone?  If it doesn't, we could just use Mackette.

It probably has to end at some point- But how deep? You could end up lost far below the crust of Gensokyo...

The idea you could accidentally 'ascend' into the molten core shakes you away from considering this idea.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: March 12, 2010, 04:55:04 AM »
>Poke around the grounds and the house ruins, before going to the library.

Chaore

« Reply #962 on: March 12, 2010, 05:24:02 AM »
>Poke around the grounds and the house ruins, before going to the library.

You poke around the place a bit. ...Shortly, you get a bit lost after going a bit too deep into the house. Jeez, Did Sakuya even have to do anything to make this place seem large?

You're now LOST IN THE SDM.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: March 12, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
>Crap!
>Assess surroundings.

Chaore

« Reply #964 on: March 12, 2010, 05:31:10 AM »
>Crap!
>Assess surroundings.

You don't know what that word mean, but you're certainly not doing that here!

You assess your surroundings. You're in a hallway. You know a dining room is nearby, and that a long set of stairs are ahead. There are a few other rooms, which seem to have been used for fairy maids.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: March 12, 2010, 05:39:09 AM »
>Try to remember when we passed from the unknown to the unknown.
>Realize that if this could be done, we wouldn't be lost to begin with.
>Try to mentally retrace the turns we've made.

Chaore

« Reply #966 on: March 12, 2010, 05:47:49 AM »
>Try to remember when we passed from the unknown to the unknown.
>Realize that if this could be done, we wouldn't be lost to begin with.
>Try to mentally retrace the turns we've made.

You can't even recall what was unknown in the first place! But you give it a try.

You gather yourself and head through the dining room to the living room, you did go through the dining room after the living room and not before it, Right? And then you went through the study to the Left wing and end up back in the dining room and god damnit.

You wish you had a chest with a map inside it nearby. It'd be pretty helpful.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: March 12, 2010, 05:53:16 AM »
>Ah hell, head forward. We'll find a window or something to crawl out of.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #968 on: March 12, 2010, 04:46:52 PM »
> While we're at it, take a good look at the surroundings. Anything out of the ordinary, or something noticeable. We might stumble upon some dark secrets of the SDM. Finding some family paintings would be nice too. Then we finally know who spawned those vampiric buggers.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #969 on: March 12, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »
> "Anyone here?"

Chaore

« Reply #970 on: March 13, 2010, 05:10:27 AM »
>Ah hell, head forward. We'll find a window or something to crawl out of.

You decide that forward is up the stairs!

You arrive in what appears to be an observatory. You didn't know Remilia kept one.

> While we're at it, take a good look at the surroundings. Anything out of the ordinary, or something noticeable. We might stumble upon some dark secrets of the SDM. Finding some family paintings would be nice too. Then we finally know who spawned those vampiric buggers.

You glance around. The observatory...is frighteningly well kept. No. In fact, it appears to actually be clean. You notice it is a rather large room with plenty of furniture, which itself seems pretty clean. There is a HUGE ASS TELESCOPE in the far part of the room. The far part itself seems to hold a insect-eye like window dome, with a few broken windows. The closer part could double as a fancy club lounge.

> "Anyone here?"

You get no response.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: March 13, 2010, 05:21:37 AM »
>Clean suggests people were here. Look for signs of habitation. In particular those related to DEMON and Patchouli.
>Peer through the telescope.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #972 on: March 13, 2010, 02:27:36 PM »
> Take a look at the lounge part of the observatory. Any peculiar objects around it?

Chaore

« Reply #973 on: March 13, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »
>Clean suggests people were here. Look for signs of habitation. In particular those related to DEMON and Patchouli.
>Peer through the telescope.

You see a few couches seem sleeped on, and there are crumbs about. You're not sure if this exactly suggests DEMON is using this room as her room, but its possible.

You peer through the telescope!

Holy crap the moon has a fac- Oh, no. Someone just drew on the telescope and aimed it at the moon.

> Take a look at the lounge part of the observatory. Any peculiar objects around it?

You don't see anything too out of place...

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #974 on: March 13, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
> Is SHE really that childish to draw a face on a telescope? Her sanity is dropping more and more...
> Are there any bookshelves, papers or notes with some information on them? When you have a observatory, you usually make notes of your views.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #975 on: March 14, 2010, 01:20:14 AM »
> "Now who exactly did this?"

Chaore

« Reply #976 on: March 14, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »
> Is SHE really that childish to draw a face on a telescope? Her sanity is dropping more and more...
> Are there any bookshelves, papers or notes with some information on them? When you have a observatory, you usually make notes of your views.

Maybe.

You don't see anything of the sort, but you do notice a table by the telescope and a desk on the far side of the lounge. You suppose they might have stored files elsewhere. You search the desk for the sake of it, and do find some astrological notes.

You don't understand a word of it though.

> "Now who exactly did this?"

You muse your question aloud.

Doesn't seem like they're about to speak up...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #977 on: March 14, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
> "Okay look.  You aren't fooling anyone.  Now.  If I may ask, who exactly is hiding in here?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #978 on: March 14, 2010, 10:25:58 PM »
> If no answer comes along, leave the observatory and try and find the librsry. Ask Patchy and Demon about the observatory.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: March 14, 2010, 11:20:36 PM »
>Check the windows to see if they can be opened and climbed through. If so, open them and climb out of the mansion, then run back around to the entrance.

Chaore

« Reply #980 on: March 15, 2010, 01:10:18 AM »
> "Okay look.  You aren't fooling anyone.  Now.  If I may ask, who exactly is hiding in here?"

You hear a shuffling noise as someone crawls out from beneath a couch. Oh. Its just Demon.

> If no answer comes along, leave the observatory and try and find the library. Ask Patchy and Demon about the observatory.

Well, Demon certainly came out.

>Check the windows to see if they can be opened and climbed through. If so, open them and climb out of the mansion, then run back around to the entrance.

You could just jump from here, But hey! Demon is here. Shouldn't you speak with her?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: March 15, 2010, 01:13:10 AM »
>"Hey there! Sorry, I got kinda lost. What's up with the telescope?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #982 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:16 AM »
> Do you sleep here? Your keeping it nice and tidy, but won't the broken windows make it cold at night? Besides that it's quite comfy.
> Who drew the smiley face on the telescope?

Chaore

« Reply #983 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:04 AM »
>"Hey there! Sorry, I got kinda lost. What's up with the telescope?"

"Oh? I know how that gets. This place is kind of big. The telescope? What about it?"

> "Do you sleep here? Your keeping it nice and tidy, but won't the broken windows make it cold at night? Besides that it's quite comfy."
> "Who drew the smiley face on the telescope?"

"I do tend to sleep her now and then. Not that often, though... Have to do things in the library and all. The windows are an issue, but a nice blanket fixes that.

The smiley face? I'd assume that it was whoever broke the windows- this place was pretty much untouched by the destruction."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #984 on: March 15, 2010, 04:44:54 AM »
>"Is this your first time hearing about the face, then?"
>Frown, look around again. "How long has everything in here been smashed up? Do you think they come back much?"
>"Hey...that reminds me. You might be able to get some of the maids to come back, maybe, now that you're not hiding anything. Especially since Flandre's doing a lot better now."

Chaore

« Reply #985 on: March 15, 2010, 05:24:47 AM »
>"Is this your first time hearing about the face, then?"
>Frown, look around again. "How long has everything in here been smashed up? Do you think they come back much?"
>"Hey...that reminds me. You might be able to get some of the maids to come back, maybe, now that you're not hiding anything. Especially since Flandre's doing a lot better now."

"Yeah. Didn't notice it myself- Not much of a reason to look at the stars these days. The windows have been smashed for a while, but I haven't seen whoever did it come back. The maids though... Well, there isn't much of a use for most of the mansion at the moment, so it'd be a bit much to call them all back here."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #986 on: March 15, 2010, 06:00:11 AM »
> "Could you help me get, well... un-lost, please."

I couldn't think of a better word then un-lost, so if you have a better word, please share with me T_T

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #987 on: March 15, 2010, 06:01:50 AM »
>"They could probably use it for themselves, couldn't they? But I guess it'd be a bit much. I was just thinking it'd be nice to get things cleaned up a bit more homey. Hey...maybe you guys could rent out parts of the mansion? That'd be a good way to liven it up, don't you think?"
>Frown and flick tails. "Well...I guess you guys like it quiet around her, though. Oh! There was a reason I was poking around. I was trying to find Kogasa. Mystia told me to look where I wouldn't expect her, and here seemed like a good place."

I couldn't think of a better word then un-lost, so if you have a better word, please share with me T_T

>"Help me find my way back"

Chaore

« Reply #988 on: March 15, 2010, 10:36:55 PM »

>"They could probably use it for themselves, couldn't they? But I guess it'd be a bit much. I was just thinking it'd be nice to get things cleaned up a bit more homey. Hey...maybe you guys could rent out parts of the mansion? That'd be a good way to liven it up, don't you think?"
>Frown and flick tails. "Well...I guess you guys like it quiet around her, though. Oh! There was a reason I was poking around. I was trying to find Kogasa. Mystia told me to look where I wouldn't expect her, and here seemed like a good place."

>"Help me find my way back"

"I could, But I need to find something here before I head back. You could just jump out the window.

Renting out parts of the mansion? I suppose I could bring that up... What are you looking for Kogasa for?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #989 on: March 15, 2010, 10:39:39 PM »
> "I was hoping that she could supply an umbrella for Flandre."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.