Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155270 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #930 on: March 10, 2010, 09:53:07 AM »
>"Well, the only other idea I have is that there's places where we're going to have to leap over a trap to stay safe, and with the size of that ring, it'd probably take a couple days to hunt it out. I think I'm beat."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #931 on: March 10, 2010, 10:22:56 PM »
>"Well, the only other idea I have is that there's places where we're going to have to leap over a trap to stay safe, and with the size of that ring, it'd probably take a couple days to hunt it out. I think I'm beat."

"Seems that way. You're free to go if you want, I'm sticking around. A reporter never gives up!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #932 on: March 10, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »
>"Maybe I'll go bother Yamame, she might know about tunnels around here."
>Go bother Yamame if Aya's got nothing useful to add or suggest.

Chaore

« Reply #933 on: March 10, 2010, 11:06:07 PM »
>"Maybe I'll go bother Yamame, she might know about tunnels around here."
>Go bother Yamame if Aya's got nothing useful to add or suggest.

You head off to bother Yamame, so, you head down to the underground.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #934 on: March 10, 2010, 11:21:56 PM »
>To Underground, via THE ROC airways.
>Seek out Yamame. But Kisume would be fine too, if she's out and about.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #935 on: March 10, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »
> Look if anything has changed around here or if some event is happening.
> Fast foward to the Kisume & Yamame.
> Once again, stay away from that damn pit.

Chaore

« Reply #936 on: March 10, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »
>To Underground, via THE ROC airways.
>Seek out Yamame. But Kisume would be fine too, if she's out and about.

> Look if anything has changed around here or if some event is happening.
> Fast foward to the Kisume & Yamame.
> Once again, stay away from that damn pit.

The tunnels remain calm, and you manage to find Yamame with little trouble.

You avoid going down that pit farther than you need to. That thing gives you the creeps...

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #937 on: March 10, 2010, 11:37:11 PM »
> Ask about tunnels near or under trap zone.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: March 10, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »
>Explain the situation with the raven in general, if Yamame seems interested.

Chaore

« Reply #939 on: March 11, 2010, 02:35:42 AM »
> Ask about tunnels near or under trap zone.

"Tunnels, around there? Sure. There are a rather lot of those. Why?"

>Explain the situation with the raven in general, if Yamame seems interested.

You flesh out the situation, Yamame nods knowingly. "Ahhh. None we know of go up towards the surface around there- So there couldn't be a path shes using in our networks. If she made one herself, we could try and connect to it, but it'd take a long while."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:47 AM »
>"She's had years, hasn't she? When was the last time you got any good information from there?"

Chaore

« Reply #941 on: March 11, 2010, 03:05:53 AM »
>"She's had years, hasn't she? When was the last time you got any good information from there?"

"Pretty much. We've had tunnel checks, but nothing close to the surface like hers would possibly be. Its close to the mountain, so we'd pay more attention... But only along our own lines. Anything on the surface around there we don't really know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #942 on: March 11, 2010, 03:20:23 AM »
>"Maybe she hid it? She looks to be really good at hiding things. Those traps were really hard to find. Any unusual reports from there at all?"

Chaore

« Reply #943 on: March 11, 2010, 03:25:32 AM »
>"Maybe she hid it? She looks to be really good at hiding things. Those traps were really hard to find. Any unusual reports from there at all?"

Yamame shakes her head. "Not at all. Like I said, it is very plausible we haven't noticed it, since it isn't connected to our tunnels- So there'd probably be meters of ground between us and the tunnel. Unless we were looking for it, We'd be unlikely to find it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #944 on: March 11, 2010, 03:52:05 AM »
>"Well then. I guess we can rule that out. Thanks Yamame, you're a champ."

Chaore

« Reply #945 on: March 11, 2010, 03:52:52 AM »
>"Well then. I guess we can rule that out. Thanks Yamame, you're a champ."

Yamame nods. "No issues. Sorry I couldn't be of more help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2010, 04:09:08 AM »
>Wander out of the Underground. Pondering over what might have been missed. She can't fly away. She probably can't go underground. We've searched the area for both hidden entrances and switches, with no luck. There's no definite path through it that doesn't end in a line of traps...

Chaore

« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2010, 04:35:15 AM »
>Wander out of the Underground. Pondering over what might have been missed. She can't fly away. She probably can't go underground. We've searched the area for both hidden entrances and switches, with no luck. There's no definite path through it that doesn't end in a line of traps...

Either you missed some trick to finding the path, or she hid her alternate path better than you're thinking.

You've nothing on mind though, maybe you should just nip this in the quest book and come back to it if you've a good idea.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #948 on: March 11, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
Either you missed some trick to finding the path, or she hid her alternate path better than you're thinking.

You've nothing on mind though, maybe you should just nip this in the quest book and come back to it if you've a good idea.

>That leaves...finding Kogasa and trying to get an umbrella out of her, hoping Patchy's made a breakthrough, or dealing with Marisa.
>Go Kogasa hunting, start at Mystia's Foodhole.

Chaore

« Reply #949 on: March 11, 2010, 05:33:47 AM »
>That leaves...finding Kogasa and trying to get an umbrella out of her, hoping Patchy's made a breakthrough, or dealing with Marisa.
>Go Kogasa hunting, start at Mystia's Foodhole.

You think finding Kogasa is a better idea than fighting Marisa could possibly be.

You start off by heading to Mystia's place, which is more empty than before without the visiting news tengu. She waves. "Raven not biting, then?" You don't see Kogasa around, But knowing her, she could be trying to surprise someone...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #950 on: March 11, 2010, 05:38:53 AM »
>Enter, have seat.
>"She whupped me pretty bad. Tried everything I could think of. Even asked people Underground if she had tunnel she used there. Nothing. All that's really left is days worth of trial and error, unless there is a breakthrough of some kind. Oh well. If she wants to start something, she'll have to leave and I can hit her until answers fall out. I hope Aya doesn't get herself hurt."
>"So in the meantime, I'm looking for Kogasa. I need an umbrella, and she's the best bet. Any idea where she is?"

Chaore

« Reply #951 on: March 11, 2010, 07:01:35 AM »
>Enter, have seat.
>"She whupped me pretty bad. Tried everything I could think of. Even asked people Underground if she had tunnel she used there. Nothing. All that's really left is days worth of trial and error, unless there is a breakthrough of some kind. Oh well. If she wants to start something, she'll have to leave and I can hit her until answers fall out. I hope Aya doesn't get herself hurt."
>"So in the meantime, I'm looking for Kogasa. I need an umbrella, and she's the best bet. Any idea where she is?"

Mystia nods, giving you another glass on the house. You can only guess out of condolence. "Happens to everyone. Whoever manages to get to her would have to be something else entirely."

Mystia opens her mouth to speak again, waiting a moment before shaking her head. "Nah. If she didn't pop out to surprise us just then, she isn't here. I'd say check if shes pulled her daily one on the tengu, but given where we came from, I think its clear she has. I'd look for her where you wouldn't expect her to be, she may not have gotten better at surprising people, but she certainly has managed to become rather unpredictable."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #952 on: March 11, 2010, 07:40:39 AM »
>DELICIOUS MOOJUICE WE DRINK IT UP. Daintily.
>"I do have one idea for beating the raven's trap, but it'd take way more effort than it's worth. That would be to make a bridge directly across it. But it'd take a whole bunch of trees, and a lot of work. It'd be easier to just loiter around her and wait for her. I guess I could ask Wriggle to get her people to help, but there's just no reason for it."
>Ponder the likelihood of Kogasa lurking about Scarlet Devil Manor.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #953 on: March 11, 2010, 05:22:53 PM »
> Or she could be hiding out near the Hakurei Shrine, trying to get a scare out of the new maiden. Or she could be near the human village. Alot of wasy scaring targets around there, especially now that the arrier's down.

Also, new plan on getting some words out of that Raven:
> Find some bird seed at Kourindou/the Human Village, and throw it out over the path from Raven's House and Mystia's Bar. She'll start picking the seeds like a good little bird, allowing us to approach her while she's distracted.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:04:48 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #954 on: March 11, 2010, 09:38:15 PM »
> Ponder possibility of digging a new tunnel up to where we are clear of the traps.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #955 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59:34 PM »
> Find some bird seed at Kourindou/the Human Village, and throw it out over the path from Raven's House and Mystia's Bar. She'll start picking the seeds like a good little bird, allowing us to aproach her while she's distracted.

>She's a youkai, not an OCD vampire. And she probably doesn't eat off the ground. Probably.

Chaore

« Reply #956 on: March 11, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
>DELICIOUS MOOJUICE WE DRINK IT UP. Daintily.
>"I do have one idea for beating the raven's trap, but it'd take way more effort than it's worth. That would be to make a bridge directly across it. But it'd take a whole bunch of trees, and a lot of work. It'd be easier to just loiter around her and wait for her. I guess I could ask Wriggle to get her people to help, but there's just no reason for it."
>Ponder the likelihood of Kogasa lurking about Scarlet Devil Manor.

You savor the delicious liquid.

"It'd need supports on the ground, too. You can't just fashion a bunch of wood in the air and hope it stays up there."

It'd be unexpected, so perhaps fairly high.

> Or she could be hiding out near the Hakurei Shrine, trying to get a scare out of the new maiden. Or she could be near the human village. Alot of easy scaring targets around there, especially now that the barrier's down.

Also, new plan on getting some words out of that Raven:
> Find some bird seed at Kourindou/the Human Village, and throw it out over the path from Raven's House and Mystia's Bar. She'll start picking the seeds like a good little bird, allowing us to approach her while she's distracted.

This is also true. But logical.

>She's a youkai, not an OCD vampire. And she probably doesn't eat off the ground. Probably.

You're pretty sure Mystia would smack you for that idea as well, if she could read minds. That is about as accurate as saying you lick yourself to clean! You'll have yourself know you use soap and water like a proper lady.

> Ponder possibility of digging a new tunnel up to where we are clear of the traps.

Possible, but again requiring a LOT of manpower. You're not sure without an incident, Wriggle would rally the bug army up.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: March 11, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
>Nod in agreement with Mystia's assessment.
>And it'd be really shitty of us to ask Wriggle for even more help without a better reason that curiosity and vague ill feelings.
>Hell let's go to SDM. We burned a goodly amount of time on that trap hunt anyways, so maybe they found something.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #958 on: March 11, 2010, 11:08:04 PM »
> Does the dead magic zone affect the tunnels under the zone?  If it doesn't, we could just use Mackette.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »
I assume so, or we wouldn't be so initially hesitant to use her to begin with. It would have been nothing to just have her lurk under the soil and bite up some traps.