Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155292 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #840 on: March 02, 2010, 08:20:02 PM »
Yeah, you're destroying two prior beings to create a new one in that scenario; that's two kills right there. We owe 'em better than that.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #841 on: March 02, 2010, 08:21:26 PM »
Yeah, you're destroying two prior beings to create a new one in that scenario; that's two kills right there. We owe 'em better than that.

But fusions in other series don't involve the destruction of two beings :(

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #842 on: March 02, 2010, 09:16:20 PM »
> "Any clue on what the wish the Red Chalice grants? Or how exactly someone who be sacrificed?"

Tokiko shrugs. "I'm not one for reading these kinds of magic, myself. Terrible phrasing and vulgar. I imagine you have to kill someone and shove them in the chalice or something."

> You shoulld tottaly buy the combinae.

> Oh wait, does it have to be things thst hold a fammiliar allready, or any items we have to creat a fammiliar?

>Ask how the Familiar Combinae works. Because if it really involves fusing two familiars together, that's super gross and kinda murder. =I

Tokiko huhrms. "Well. I'm fuzzy on the ideas myself, but I'll explain what I know. It essentially takes the 'magic' of two items and merges them, adding attributes to existing familiars, or combining two familiars in a sense. Its messing with familiars themselves, so its considered familiar for that reason, I guess."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #843 on: March 02, 2010, 09:17:44 PM »
>"So, I could combine a Familiar with a magical item to try to make the familiar better?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #844 on: March 02, 2010, 09:19:46 PM »
Touhou Quest Familiar Joker

Chaore

« Reply #845 on: March 02, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »
>"So, I could combine a Familiar with a magical item to try to make the familiar better?"

Tokiko nods. "Seems to be the jist of it."

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #846 on: March 02, 2010, 09:37:01 PM »
> Buy the combinae.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
> Take a look at our own inventory while we're at it, to take a look at anything that might be worth fusing with our familiars.

Chaore

« Reply #848 on: March 03, 2010, 02:49:05 AM »
> Buy the combinae.

You buy the combinae. You're down to two credits, now.

> Take a look at our own inventory while we're at it, to take a look at anything that might be worth fusing with our familiars.

>Your inventory contains:
>Reisen's Old Clothing [Worn]
You're not sure how long Tewi had this hidden, but its not dirty or anything. It's Reisen's classic look.
>Familiar Pentagram [THE ROC]
A pentagram used to contain familiars, while it seems cruel, its actually the equivalent of a 5 star hotel in there.
>Familiar Topaz [YUMIGAMI]
An Topaz cut into a carrot shape, you're not sure how it is in there, but you're sure it must be perfectly comfortable.
>Frog Pin [Worn] [BROKEN]
A slightly Soggy Pin that Sanae treasured.
>SPACE Cape [Worn] [Unremovable]
Its a cape that appears to have space on the inside
>Broken Sword
Half a sword Meira used.
>Nyamune [Using]
Your trusty sword, it is a lot heavier than most other swords around here.
>Length Band
A band that goes to any length, so long as you can reach it.
>Red-Glass Mirror
A mirror completely turned red. It's not a good reflection for color, but good for just reflecting. Its handle is made of red-glass, hence the name.
>Silver Knives [Pair]
A pair of Silver Knives that Sakuya once used, besides the fact silver is a material well-known for its ability to conduct and counter magic, you think there isn't much magic in these anymore.
>Red Strip of Cloth [Important?]
A strip of Red cloth that Mackette's contract used to be in, you feel like you've seen it before...
>Knife Hilt [SEPERATION]
The knife hilt that used to house Seperation's blade, you can use it to call Seperation to your aid.
>Familiar Orb [MACKETTE]
A small crystalline orb, you're not sure if it is a proper container for a contract, but it seems to work well.
>Familiar Sculpture [RYUDAN]
A jade carving of a scale, You figure this one has to be a fancy palace inside, fit for a dragon.
>Higan Stone
A stone that will transport you across the Higan river from anywhere. Seems to vanish every now and then.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #849 on: March 03, 2010, 09:37:47 PM »
> Ponder if the Combinae could be reusable, if the target was separated again (using Seperation's power possibly?).

> While we're at it, let's do a quick review of our familiars and their abilities.

Spidere

« Reply #850 on: March 03, 2010, 09:41:49 PM »
Before we try this, I wanted everyone's opinion...

How about fusing the cloth with RyuDan?

> Would it work?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #851 on: March 03, 2010, 09:47:49 PM »
Make sure Dan's cool with it, first.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #852 on: March 03, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
Before we try this, I wanted everyone's opinion...

How about fusing the cloth with RyuDan?

> Would it work?

But what kind of power would the cloth give him? Ability to breathe a thick fog for escape purposes? Might come in handy, but isn't there anything else that might give him an even more powerful ability?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:09:22 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Spidere

« Reply #853 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »
But what kind of power would the cloth give him? Ability to breathe a thick fog for escape purposes? Might come in handy, but isn't there anything else that might give him an even more powerful ability?

Look, we either upgrade him, or Yumigami.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #854 on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »
> We could also fuse Ryudan with Meira's broken sword. Wouldn't that give him his invincibility and invisibility back?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:18:25 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #855 on: March 03, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »
> What about Sakuya's knives?  Conducting and countering magic would be pretty damn useful in hairy situations.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #856 on: March 03, 2010, 10:20:06 PM »
> Couldn't we fuse 2 things, then fuse another 2? Like RyuDan with the Knives for Magic Counter and Conducting, then New RyuDan with Broken Sword and hope for moar powah.

Chaore

« Reply #857 on: March 03, 2010, 11:25:52 PM »
> Ponder if the Combinae could be reusable, if the target was separated again (using Seperation's power possibly?).

> While we're at it, let's do a quick review of our familiars and their abilities.

If you recall the principals, its not a permanent fusion. So its easily reusable, really, the combinae acts as a circuit and a 'scroll'. You're doing most of the work, hence the increased drain.

> Would it work?

You're fairly sure. You wonder what would result, though.

> We could also fuse Ryudan with Meira's broken sword. Wouldn't that give him his invincibility and invisibility back?

No, that was a result of his contract being 'broken', thus, he wasn't actually there.

> What about Sakuya's knives?  Conducting and countering magic would be pretty damn useful in hairy situations.

Another possibility. A time dragon sounds pretty cool.

> Couldn't we fuse 2 things, then fuse another 2? Like RyuDan with the Knives for Magic Counter and Conducting, then New RyuDan with Broken Sword and hope for moar powah.

Not possible, as the fusion isn't permanent.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #858 on: March 03, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
> What would be viable options for fusing with RyuDan/whatever the Dragon is called?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #859 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »
> I vote for fusing knives with Roc.  He might gain some kinda time power judging from the Parser's comment regarding Ryudan.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #860 on: March 03, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »
> How strong is Ryudan currently anyway? Could he take on Marisa as he is? Well, since he's a dragon, I think he can fend against Marisa and the Fowl Five quite well. Yukari and Giygas/Bongo Bongo/Zero Two/the Great Mighty Poo/Whatever the Hell is in that Pit might still be a bit out of his league, no matter what we fuse to him...
> Can we fuse two different familliars to two different items at once? (getting both Roc + Knives and Ryudan + Cloth in one go)

Chaore

« Reply #861 on: March 04, 2010, 02:17:39 AM »
> What would be viable options for fusing with RyuDan/whatever the Dragon is called?

> Anything really. Just each item does something different.

> I vote for fusing knives with Roc.  He might gain some kinda time power judging from the Parser's comment regarding Ryudan.

> I'll note again, it's not a permenant fusion. Its similar to calling out a familiar, except with a larger 'drain'.

> How strong is Ryudan currently anyway? Could he take on Marisa as he is? Well, since he's a dragon, I think he can fend against Marisa and the Fowl Five quite well. Yukari and Giygas/Bongo Bongo/Zero Two/the Great Mighty Poo/Whatever the Hell is in that Pit might still be a bit out of his league, no matter what we fuse to him...
> Can we fuse two different familliars to two different items at once? (getting both Roc + Knives and Ryudan + Cloth in one go)

Ryudan is a dragon, and while not elder and by far probably a weaker example just on virtue of being a familiar and not a full-fledged being, could fend off Marisa straight up firepower to firepower.

The Fowl Five would probably have trouble with THE ROC, none the less Ryudan. Barring the unknowns, of course.

> No. That is essentially the same as trying to call out two familiars at once, which Chen can not handle. The Combinae only has two slots, anyway.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #862 on: March 04, 2010, 04:30:12 AM »
> Fuse Macket and a Knife
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #863 on: March 04, 2010, 04:46:07 AM »

>This

How the hell did I not think of this? I must be drunk.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #864 on: March 04, 2010, 03:53:01 PM »

Macket anda Knife? Is that a Super Mario RPG reference?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #865 on: March 04, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »

Chaore

« Reply #866 on: March 04, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »

>This

You set Mackette and one of Sakuya's knives in the fusion Combinae. You then test the combinae out.

You summon MACKETTE THE KNIFE. She appears to be a white coloring now. After a bit of testing, you determine she has simply become stronger. You assume whatever magic the knives have did not mesh well with her abilities.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #867 on: March 04, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
> Is the combinae gone now?  If not, fuse Roc with the other knife.

Chaore

« Reply #868 on: March 05, 2010, 03:44:58 AM »
> Is the combinae gone now?  If not, fuse Roc with the other knife.

You unsummon the enhanced Mackette and combine THE ROC's pentagram and SAKUYA'S KNIVES.

You instantly feel a rather large drain as you summon THE ROC. He appears to be fully gold plated now. Upon further testing, he appears to be able to slow time for himself. It just places a worse drain on you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #869 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:59 AM »
>Give THE ROC a thumbs up.
>Wonder if Aya has gotten her bloody film yet.