Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155284 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #720 on: February 25, 2010, 02:21:17 AM »
> "Hey Tewi. I just came along to tell you we found a new Shrine Maiden, so the barrier should start fixing up soon. She's still young, only seven years old, so we should all give her all the support she needs. She's starting off better than Reimu was, thankfully. Sanae's also the Hakurei Goddess now, in case your wondering. But Tewi, please be gentle with the new miko. No tricks..."
> "Say, I heard Reisen's still around. Where is she hiding out now?"

You toss Tewi an update. She grins. "Oh ho ho? I'll be sure to be...gentle with her." You throw in Sanae as a threat. She drops the grin. You don't think she'll mess with Sanae's new charge any time soon, given shes now a goddess. In fact, you remember Tewi tried to avoid messing with the Moriya Shrine in the past. You wonder if there is a reason, beyond just fear.

You pop a question about Reisen. "Out, About, Maybe even nine feet under!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #721 on: February 25, 2010, 02:23:39 AM »
>Droop ears. "So you don't actually know?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #722 on: February 25, 2010, 02:24:12 AM »
> "Is that a joke of some kind, or do you mean shes dead?"

Chaore

« Reply #723 on: February 25, 2010, 02:24:49 AM »
>Droop ears. "So you don't actually know?"

> "Is that a joke of some kind, or do you mean shes dead?"

Tewi does a trademarked Tewi laugh. "Maybe, Maybe not!" You don't think you're getting a straight answer.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #724 on: February 25, 2010, 02:28:18 AM »
> Tewi's Chesshire Cat act is starting to annoy me....
> "Has anything of interest happened around here?"
> If not, just say a quick good bye and check up on the fairies (they are the only ones who don't know the news yet). Maybe we can say hi to Seperation too.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #725 on: February 25, 2010, 02:32:00 AM »
> "Tewi, I love a good joke and all, but you have me thinking that Reisen could be dead. I do not find that funny in the slightest, so if she is here and alive then please tell me. On the note of good jokes, do you have any? Verbal ones preferably.

Chaore

« Reply #726 on: February 25, 2010, 02:33:21 AM »
> Tewi's Chesshire Cat act is starting to annoy me....
> "Has anything of interest happened around here?"
> If not, just say a quick good bye and check up on the fairies (they are the only ones who don't know the news yet). Maybe we can say hi to Seperation too.

"Ah. Not really, no."

> "Tewi, I love a good joke and all, but you have me thinking that Reisen could be dead. I do not find that funny in the slightest, so if she is here and alive then please tell me. On the note of good jokes, do you have any? Verbal ones preferably.

"Well, there is one involving a priest, a rabbi, and a tasmanian devil."

You decide to book it to the fairies, instead of listening to her continue.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #727 on: February 25, 2010, 02:37:29 AM »
>We learned in our trip across the Sanzu River that Reisen is alive, didn't we? I don't remember if it was from asking or from the mirror, but I'm pretty sure we got a confirm she's okay.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #728 on: February 25, 2010, 02:41:51 AM »
>We learned in our trip across the Sanzu River that Reisen is alive, didn't we? I don't remember if it was from asking or from the mirror, but I'm pretty sure we got a confirm she's okay.

Oh yeah I forgot that, but I asked in order to try and get a straight answer from Tewi. She was pulling the Chessire Cat routine, and I hate that routine, way to round-about and annoying for those who have to deal with it.

Chaore

« Reply #729 on: February 25, 2010, 02:42:47 AM »

You're fairly sure a bootmark on her butt would've confirmed it pretty well. You didn't check, but you're sure its probably there.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #730 on: February 25, 2010, 02:49:14 AM »
>We'll find out later.
>Go find Daiyousei, tell her the news.

Chaore

« Reply #731 on: February 25, 2010, 02:54:22 AM »
>We'll find out later.
>Go find Daiyousei, tell her the news.

You get a fairy to call Daiyousei over, and tell her the news.

Including how the lake isn't actually polluted. She face palms. "I do suppose none of us checked... This is great news though, if things go back to normal..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #732 on: February 25, 2010, 03:04:11 AM »
>"I dunno if they'll ever be normal again. But, I think they'll be alright. Um, try to make sure the faeries don't cause too many problems?"

Chaore

« Reply #733 on: February 25, 2010, 03:14:25 AM »
>"I dunno if they'll ever be normal again. But, I think they'll be alright. Um, try to make sure the faeries don't cause too many problems?"

Daiyousei nods. "Of course. We can't afford to get wrapped up right now, everyone would bare in on us. We're lucky enough the lake is relatively isolated, bar the underground paths, and that the Bird youkai and Tengu don't wish us harm."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #734 on: February 25, 2010, 03:34:45 AM »
>Have we met with the bird youkai?
>If not, ask about them, for future visitings.

Chaore

« Reply #735 on: February 25, 2010, 03:44:23 AM »
>Have we met with the bird youkai?
>If not, ask about them, for future visitings.

You haven't, despite recently meeting with Mystia again. You ask Daiyousei about them. She has to frown a bit.

"Well... The Bird Youkai aren't exactly hostile, but mostly because they're not organized. They simply are concentrated and have a claim to their forest. By nature, all Bird Youkai are pretty different.

As far as strength goes, their power comes in skill, unlike the bug youkai. They're an entire race of youkai that retained the ability to fly. Its difficult to properly counterattack if you can't fly. Individually, since they broke off from the Tengu, I'd say they're a fairly weak group. Only several handfulls are worth more than an average youkai, and distinctively, there are only 5 that have any true power to their name."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #736 on: February 25, 2010, 03:46:34 AM »
>"Huh. Who are those five?"

Chaore

« Reply #737 on: February 25, 2010, 05:02:40 AM »
>"Huh. Who are those five?"

Daiyousei coughs. "I don't know much about them, but they're a wise OWL YOUKAI, generally considered the counsel for most bird youkai, and the most influential Bird Youkai in the area, a VULTURE YOUKAI, who runs a tough band of pillagers in the area, A NIGHTINGALE YOUKAI who acts in opposition to the Vulture Youkai's group with their own, A HUMMING BIRD YOUKAI who has bested almost every Bird Youkai at least once, and a RAVEN YOUKAI who simply seems to hold everyone fearful.

Its disputed if they're really the outright strongest, but they're certainly the ones most capable of stirring the bird youkai up and into trouble. The last two probably couldn't gather much of an army, but they're frightful in their own rights."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #738 on: February 25, 2010, 05:05:30 AM »
>Silently declare that THE ROC can take 'em all to school. And then there's Dan for detention >=[
>"I'll probably need to look into that, then. Especially the virtues. Hmm, do you know where Mystia lives?"

Chaore

« Reply #739 on: February 25, 2010, 05:09:24 AM »
>Silently declare that THE ROC can take 'em all to school. And then there's Dan for detention >=[
>"I'll probably need to look into that, then. Especially the virtues. Hmm, do you know where Mystia lives?"

You figure THE ROC could take them all head to head, of course. Something tells you they won't exactly play fair though...

Then again, you have a dragon, so who gives a crap about fairness.

Daiyousei nods. "Of course. Mystia has her shop set up by the Tengu Mountain, so the Tengu sometimes take lunch breaks there. Shes made quite a killing, these days. I think the new menu may be part of the change."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #740 on: February 25, 2010, 05:12:25 AM »
>"Okay, I'll go talk with her. It'd be nice if I could assure people that the birds won't be a problem, either."
>Presuming Daiyousei has nothing to add, head toward Youkai mountain, and look for stand from the air.

Chaore

« Reply #741 on: February 25, 2010, 05:16:01 AM »
>"Okay, I'll go talk with her. It'd be nice if I could assure people that the birds won't be a problem, either."
>Presuming Daiyousei has nothing to add, head toward Youkai mountain, and look for stand from the air.

You head off towards the Youkai mountain, and begin circling for the stand.

Instead, you find a building with her old sign attached to it. You guess she needed some more space. It still looks rather run down, so you can't imagine it happens to be a luxury restaurant or something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #742 on: February 25, 2010, 05:23:06 AM »
>Land!
>Look the place over from the ground!
>Enter!
>Beware of gunslingers or tack pianos upon entry!

Chaore

« Reply #743 on: February 25, 2010, 05:27:18 AM »
>Land!
>Look the place over from the ground!
>Enter!
>Beware of gunslingers or tack pianos upon entry!

You land, and look the place over from the ground. On second place, its not too bad. Looks old, but fairly sturdy. You guess Mystia just doesn't feel like renovating the place.

You enter. The only shot that is taken at you appears to be a photoshot. The place is mostly empty, except for a spare Bird Youkai or two, and AYA SHAMEIMARU. The latter of which just took your photo.

Mystia is behind the counter, she gives you a wave upon your entrance.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #744 on: February 25, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »
>Double finger point at Aya.
>Approach counter.
>Try to assess bird Youkai on the way, mostly to see what the chances are they might squeal on us before we're ready to act.

Chaore

« Reply #745 on: February 25, 2010, 05:40:52 AM »
>Double finger point at Aya.
>Approach counter.
>Try to assess bird Youkai on the way, mostly to see what the chances are they might squeal on us before we're ready to act.

You point at Aya. Twice. She blinks.

You approach the counter as well.

You're sure most of them aren't paying attention.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #746 on: February 25, 2010, 05:56:47 AM »
>"How've things been, Mystia?"
>Order some milk if it seems available. It's been for ages since milk has been an option, and a kitty has needs.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #747 on: February 25, 2010, 06:21:54 AM »
>Order some milk if it seems available. It's been for ages since milk has been an option, and a kitty has needs.

>How will we pay though?
>Ask about currencies used before ordering.  :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #748 on: February 25, 2010, 06:31:20 AM »
>NEEDS BEFORE CURRENCY DAMBIT.
>Yeah that's probably a good idea.

Chaore

« Reply #749 on: February 25, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »
>"How've things been, Mystia?"

>How will we pay though?
>Ask about currencies used before ordering.  :V

>NEEDS BEFORE CURRENCY DAMBIT.
>Yeah that's probably a good idea.

You greet Mystia. "Well, overall pretty good lately. A few unwelcome visitors now and then, but it comes with running a restaurant. Doing pretty well, overall."

You ask what she takes. "Mostly running on the barter system these days, even if the kingdoms try to enforce currencies. Have one on the house though, as an apology for the whole trial thing."

Mystia pours you a glass of milk, as if she already knew your order.

Then again, you ARE fairly predictable in this regard.