Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155272 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2010, 03:44:41 AM »
>Well... if Chen was at the SDM during or very near the murder time, that should do it... hopefully Patchy or her assistant can tell the time!
>If we can at this moment, call Patchouli to the stand!

You call Patchouli to the stand. Hopefully it works.

>So basically this all happened but the parser didn't told us?  :o

>Wait, wasn't Patchy out when we visited SDM with Suika? Oh well lets see what she has to say.

>"Miss Knowledge, have you ever studied Human Biology? There's something I'd like to comfirm. If someone's leg has been severed, is it fatal if left untreated? How long would it take for them to die from the loss of blood if so?"

>I'm challenging the cause of death.  :D

You decide, at the moment... You need something new to bring to the case. You ask for Patchouli's opinion. She flips open her book, reading as she speaks.

"Well. I'm no doctor, but I would say that it could be possible for the wound to bleed out enough it could turn out fatal, among other possible complications. It is by no means absolutely fatal, however."

Lunasa raises a brow.

>Sanae's affidavit said there was no fatal wounds until beheading; if leg-chopping is fatal, then it would have had to be done after the beheading. Which is questionable to why it would have been done. A good question!

Does this mean the victim DIDN'T need to catch Meira, then? Indeed, the question is when and why it happened. Mystia, for example, didn't see it happen...

Did the killer come back and remove the leg for some reason?

This relies on Sanae's definition of fatal, though...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2010, 03:47:19 AM »
>"The affidavit from Sanae states that no fatal wounds were inflicted upon the victim until the beheading. If Sanae's idea of fatal includes Meira's leg being chopped off, this means it would have had to have been done after Meira was killed, when the point of such an action would be... questionable."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2010, 03:51:25 AM »
>Ask Patchouli if she could tell the time as there's a clock on the SDM building or something. If so, request exact timing of events regarding Chen.

Chaore

« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2010, 05:35:05 AM »
>"The affidavit from Sanae states that no fatal wounds were inflicted upon the victim until the beheading. If Sanae's idea of fatal includes Meira's leg being chopped off, this means it would have had to have been done after Meira was killed, when the point of such an action would be... questionable."

Lunasa raises a brow. "Indeed. But does this entirely matter? That doesn't change the identity of the killer."

>Ask Patchouli if she could tell the time as there's a clock on the SDM building or something. If so, request exact timing of events regarding Chen.

"The clock of the SDM was broken back during THE INCIDENT, unfortunately." Patchouli flips a few pages. "I am however, more than capable of making a few time discertions in relation to my library, thanks to the studies of a certain maid.

Chen Yakumo's visit was finished exactly 2:35 hours ago, and thanks to the sort of time freeze this river exerts on this side, it should be accurate with your affidavit."

Crap. This doesn't actually help you...

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2010, 06:28:40 AM »
Chen was at the human village during the time that she supposedly comited the murder, right?

> GET HINA
Wotters gonna' wot

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2010, 06:35:40 AM »
>"Patchouli, were you at the SDM when Chen visited? If not, where have you been? Have you seen anything suspicious? Especially anything regarding the murder?"

Quote from: Lunasa
"Indeed. But does this entirely matter? That doesn't change the identity of the killer."

>"It does raise questions, and as long as every doubts aren't cleared, this trial has a reason to continue."
>"Recall Mystia's testimony, she said she saw the victim collapse before being beheaded, we've thought the assailant severed the leg to stop the victim from escaping, but now this contradicts the affidavit."
>"I believe we require Mystia to come up to the stand to clear this up."

>Don't get Hina.
Here's a brief timeline again with new information:
Shrine Battle End at 2hours 45 minutes ago
--> SDM visit with Suika/Cirno, only Demon was there, ended at 2 hours 35 minutes ago, Cirno left before Chen and Suika did
--> In fact, parser parsed NOTHING on the way back yet it took much longer than it took to get to SDM! (Murder happened here at 2 hours 5 minutes ago)(Note : Kogasa claims to see Chen 2 hours ago)
--> Wriggle conversed with Mokou
--> Chen enters Forest of Magic alone
--> Master Sparked  (1 hours 40 minutes ago)
--> Sanae's pond (1 hours 30 mintes ago)
--> SDM : Patchy returns
--> I forgot when we bought Seperation Knife but Patchy separated HUMAN and CAT Chen --> Sneaked into human village
--> Met Hina
--> stuff regarding green parasite
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:34:51 PM by Thaws »

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »
I like how no one actualy goes back to check what happend :V
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2010, 07:10:47 AM »
That'd be cheating. Wriggle wasn't there. =[

Chen wasn't a bloody mess from a bloody killing. This is our holdout defense until we can gt something better. Suits aren't easy to wash, after all. Wriggle ought to really know this. It seems that our best option, presuming there is a doppelganger and not forgotten events, is to try to figure out when Suika diverged from Chen and was able to hook up with theoretically fake Chen.

Edit: To that effect.
>"Can you tell us about what Suika and Chen did in the mansion while they were there?"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:10:48 AM by Suwako Purviya »

Chaore

« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
Chen was at the human village during the time that she supposedly comited the murder, right?

> GET HINA

You didn't even know she went there. Its not within scope of the time.

>"Patchouli, were you at the SDM when Chen visited? If not, where have you been? Have you seen anything suspicious? Especially anything regarding the murder?"
>"It does raise questions, and as long as every doubts aren't cleared, this trial has a reason to continue."
>"Recall Mystia's testimony, she said she saw the victim collapse before being beheaded, we've thought the assailant severed the leg to stop the victim from escaping, but now this contradicts the affidavit."
>Don't get Hina.

"I was out on other business during her first few visits. Unfortunately, this mostly took me away from the murder site and related areas, so I wasn't able to see anything."

Lunasa raises a brow. "If you insist. Though I doubt anything will actually come from it."

>"Can you tell us about what Suika and Chen did in the mansion while they were there?"

"Unfortunately, while I can tell the times of entrances and exits, I haven't been able to modify the spell to capture images at the times. Part of this is from the difficulty of such an action, but mostly, I no longer have the studies and original copy of the spell." Patchouli sighs, flipping a few pages. "Unfortunate."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #249 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:26 PM »
>"Did your pet demon report anything about what they did?"

Chaore

« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2010, 05:05:27 PM »
>"Did your pet demon report anything about what they did?"

"I would like to stress she is a familiar, not a pet. But yes, Chen came asking about a sword with a broken contract on it. When I returned, I fixed it up for her."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2010, 05:20:12 PM »
>"Is it within your power to call her here to testify?"

Chaore

« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »
>"Is it within your power to call her here to testify?"

"Of course."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »

>Don't get Hina.
Here's a brief timeline again with new information:
Shrine Battle End at 2hours 45 minutes ago
--> SDM visit with Suika/Cirno, only Demon was there, ended at 2 hours 35 minutes ago, Cirno left before Chen and Suika did
--> In fact, parser parsed NOTHING on the way back yet it took much longer than it took to get to SDM! (Murder happened here at 2 hours 5 minutes ago)(Note : Kogasa claims to see Chen 2 hours ago)
--> Wriggle conversed with Mokou
--> Chen enters Forest of Magic alone
--> Master Sparked  (1 hours 40 minutes ago)
--> Sanae's pond (1 hours 30 mintes ago)
--> SDM : Patchy returns
--> I forgot when we bought Seperation Knife but Patchy separated HUMAN and CAT Chen --> Sneaked into human village
--> Met Hina
--> stuff regarding green parasite

We bought all our new knife and other stuff after returning from Sanae's pond and before going to the mansion.

This Wriggle Justice arc is so loooooong, and it only gets harder and harder to try and decipher it all....
I think we're suffering arc fatigue here.

> Ask Patchy if there exist such things as shapeshifters and dopplegangers.
> Also ask her if she has truth potion or something... Throw it down Chen's hatch and there you go, the opposition has to admit too Chen's truth.
> If the above option isn't avalable, just summon Koakuma and get on with her testimony.

Also Also Also! (Don't skip this!): > What is the current time actually? We've been on this quest for quite some time, and no sign of HER yet. As much as a heavy sleeper Yukari is, I'm starting to fear her nap is going to end soon...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:40:51 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »
>She practically hibernates, so I wouldn't be surprised if she naps for a week or more. But that is something worth worrying about, because it wouldn't be shocking if she only napped about a day...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »
We bought all our new knife and other stuff after returning from Sanae's pond and before going to the mansion.

This Wriggle Justice arc is so loooooong, and it only gets harder and harder to try and decipher it all....
I think we're suffering arc fatigue here.

> Ask Patchy if there exist such things as shapeshifters and dopplegangers.
> Also ask her if she has truth potion or something... Throw it down Chen's hatch and there you go, the opposition has to admit too Chen's truth.
> If the above option isn't avalable, just summon Koakuma and get on with her testimony.

Also Also Also! (Don't skip this!): > What is the current time actually? We've been on this quest for quite some time, and no sign of HER yet. As much as a heavy sleeper Yukari is, I'm starting to fear her nap is going to end soon...

>Outright, I didn't expect it'd take this long either. We're near the end, and I've even tossed a hint. You just need to find it.

You break the question to Patchouli. "Of course. You don't even need to physically change to be someone else. Illusions can work wonders.

Unfortunately, Truth potions are incredibly tricky. They're so imprecise that courts won't accept them, either."

You decide to call in Koakuma next.

...Time is currently stopped around early afternoon.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »
> "Illusions..."
> Oh geez...  As much as I don't want to admit it, couldn't Suika's manipulation of densities be used to make an illusion if she did something with mist or fog?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:10:00 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
>...is Eirin not actually in outer space but instead using some sort of illusion potion? =O I mean, Komachi said bringing in Eirin would be a spoiler... although that could be referring to the Yukari problem instead.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »
>While indulging ever more wild theories, ask Koakuma to elaborate on her experiences with Chen and Suika before the incident.

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
>We do have tokiko with with written proof that we were at her shop right after the encounter with sanae

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
>We do have tokiko with with written proof that we were at her shop right after the encounter with sanae
>Anything after the battle with Marisa is pretty insignificant, we don't need this.

Chaore

« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
> "Illusions..."
> Oh geez...  As much as I don't want to admit it, couldn't Suika's manipulation of densities be used to make an illusion if she did something with mist or fog?

It does sound somewhat plausible...

>...is Eirin not actually in outer space but instead using some sort of illusion potion? =O I mean, Komachi said bringing in Eirin would be a spoiler... although that could be referring to the Yukari problem instead.

Also possible, but how the hell do you call that?

>While indulging ever more wild theories, ask Koakuma to elaborate on her experiences with Chen and Suika before the incident.

"Well... Chen had asked about this broken contract before, so after the battle she brought the sword the contract was in with her. Suika and the Ice Fairy came in with her. They were kind of arguing while I examined the contract. I determined it was missing a few pieces and told her, the Ice Fairy had left by then, and Suika and her left together."

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
> We really should be getting Mokou on the stand and ask her about the burn that is on Suika. Something must have happened between the two of them. Perhaps something that occurred after the fight with marisa.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
>Brilliant idea. Suika was talking with Mokou when we left her.
>If Lunasa has no questions, lets call Mokou to the stand now!

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »
>Also, the burn mark that is on suika could probably be explained if mokou was to grab suika's arm to try and stop her from going after Meria (Or whatever her name is) after she disgraced Reimu's shrine! Also, the "white cape" could just be Mokou's hair as she began to chase after suika! After all with how long and white Mokou's hair is it would be very easy to confuse the two.

> This voice is going to have to leave so you other voices better save chen.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
Certainly more viable than my line of thought right now.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »
>Also, the burn mark that is on suika could probably be explained if mokou was to grab suika's arm to try and stop her from going after Meria (Or whatever her name is) after she disgraced Reimu's shrine! Also, the "white cape" could just be Mokou's hair as she began to chase after suika! After all with how long and white Mokou's hair is it would be very easy to confuse the two.

> This voice is going to have to leave so you other voices better save chen.
The only problem with this is the height difference though...

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
The only problem with this is the height difference though...

And the cat ears, unless Kogasa had poor enough eye sight to mistake her ribbon for ears....

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
>Yeah, Kogasa certainly wouldn't mistake Mokou for Chen. Plus, we hardly even know who's lying and who isn't anymore. The idea of the burn coming from Mokou though, that's a good one.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2010, 08:10:46 PM »
And just having her as a witness post SDM.