Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155274 times)

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2010, 01:53:14 AM »
> "Suika, has that spot always been vulnerable? Is that why it's covered with a chain? For protection? Or is this the first time it's been damaged?"
> Ponder if Suika's depression is possibly having an effect on her resistance to damage. Is it in fact making her more vulnerable?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2010, 01:56:53 AM »
>"On the other hand, what else other than lasers can create small, concentrated burns?"

>"Lunasa, what else could have created such a wound?"

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2010, 04:52:06 PM »
> Continue to observe the situation.
> Observe Chen's status.

Suika seems nervous, You don't know why and you have a feeling you don't WANT to know.

Chen seems confused. But seemingly in a middle of a revelation she won't like...

> "Suika, has that spot always been vulnerable? Is that why it's covered with a chain? For protection? Or is this the first time it's been damaged?"
> Ponder if Suika's depression is possibly having an effect on her resistance to damage. Is it in fact making her more vulnerable?

"What? No, No, S'never been vulnerable or anything like that..."

>"On the other hand, what else other than lasers can create small, concentrated burns?"

>"Lunasa, what else could have created such a wound?"

"This is an invitation, then? For one, take a closer look at that burn first, Nightbug."

You probably should have done this in the first place. You can't blame yourself, though.

The burn is on the side of her arm, and while pretty linear, it blotches up a bit in a few places, its more like a burn that wrapped itself around the arm.

"I'll give its small, I'll give it even looks a good bit like a grazed burn from a laser. But its a grazed burn, not something from getting hit head on by a laser. At that, why the arm, not the stomach or an easier place to hit?

What caused this was definitely a glancing attack. Perhaps something explosive?"

She can not be suggesting this. What the hell is she up to?

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
>Compare burn on Suika with the burn damage of trees at scene of crime from photos taken by Tengu...

>I hope I'm going in the wrong direction as usual.
>Why would suika dress up as Chen though if she did it? :/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 05:15:33 PM by Thaws »

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »
Wait, your saying that SUIKA murdered Meira? Parser. Your a dick.

> WHY SUIKA!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
> Ponder the possibility of Marisa using outside-world explosive devices.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2010, 05:01:19 PM »
>I considered Suika murdering Meira but... she doesn't have a sword, does she? And she was with Chen at the time of Meira's murder, wasn't she? D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Spidere

« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2010, 05:03:24 PM »
>I considered Suika murdering Meira but... she doesn't have a sword, does she? And she was with Chen at the time of Meira's murder, wasn't she? D:

But she's strong enough to take someone's block off with a clean punch.

That still doesn't explain the cut's on the corpse....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2010, 05:08:39 PM »
>Do we have any way to determine how old the wound is?
>Ponder if the court could fetch Eirin from space. Because that'd be pretty hilarious.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »
But she's strong enough to take someone's block off with a clean punch.

That still doesn't explain the cut's on the corpse....

Oni's are sometimes depicted with claws. Maybe Suika grew her nails out? Or she just increased the density in them to make them longer and sharper.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Or headbutts.

Chaore

« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »
>Compare burn on Suika with the burn damage of trees at scene of crime from photos taken by Tengu...

>I hope I'm going in the wrong direction as usual.
>Why would suika dress up as Chen though if she did it? :/

Wood burns differently, but you think you see a few trees that could evidence a nick of the same attack is possible.

You... don't like what this is bringing to mind. Suika certainly has a motive for offing Meira. But...why Chen?

> WHY SUIKA!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Meira messed with Reimu's shrine, for one thing. Suika lived there for awhile, its like stomping around someone's home while they're at work.

> Ponder the possibility of Marisa using outside-world explosive devices.

You're fairly sure she'd prefer a MASTER SPARK or twelve.

While the second you're not entirely sure on...

Well. Chen got her sword from Suika, didn't she?

>Do we have any way to determine how old the wound is?
>Ponder if the court could fetch Eirin from space. Because that'd be pretty hilarious.

You ask Komachi about that.

"That'd be a spoiler, fairly sure the audience wouldn't enjoy that."

...bwuh?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »
>Ponder how much lying and half-truths in the testimony would be required to make this all work. Oni may kill, but lie?

Chaore

« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2010, 05:37:55 PM »
>Ponder how much lying and half-truths in the testimony would be required to make this all work. Oni may kill, but lie?

You're still fairly sure its not possible Suika is outright lying. I mean, you're not sure how...

You're not sure if you want to start considering it, though.

As it stands, it could work. She could still have noticed the fight from the mountain on her way back, and ran back to check on it, and indeed have had the Marisa fight as said.

Just never happen to mention killing Meira.

The possibility exists even by this assumption.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »
>Welp. Let's close this coffin.
>"Suika, I'm only asking this to put a lid on things, you understand. Did you have anything to do with the crime?"

Chaore

« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
>Welp. Let's close this coffin.
>"Suika, I'm only asking this to put a lid on things, you understand. Did you have anything to do with the crime?"

The court goes silent for a moment.

"...Yes."

The erupts into another cacophony of murmurs. Komachi has to cleave her podium again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »

"...Yes."

The erupts into another cacophony of murmurs. Komachi has to cleave her podium again.

>Well shitballs. At least this almost certainly clears Chen, barring imposters.
>Sigh.
>"Well, Suika, with that said, you understand that a proper confession will almost certainly get you leniency. So, let's hear it. What did you do, exactly?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2010, 06:29:07 PM »

"...Yes."

How can you cleave something that's already cleaved once before? Unless the podium got replaced really fast.
Also, on Suika being the murderer: Fucknuggets... we're going to lose our best friend and a great leader :(

> Try and lessen Suika's punishment if possible.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2010, 06:31:38 PM »
Quote from: OkashiiNaito link=topic=5003.msg253303#msg253303 > Try and lessen Suika's punishment if possible.
[/quote

>Very much the plan, yes.

Chaore

« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »
>Well shitballs. At least this almost certainly clears Chen, barring imposters.
>Sigh.
>"Well, Suika, with that said, you understand that a proper confession will almost certainly get you leniency. So, let's hear it. What did you do, exactly?"

Suika nods, and starts her story.

"Well... I didn't want to talk about it, but I suppose I have to now.

Chen and I were in the middle of heading back to the shrine, when we noticed the victim. She probably thought she could get back in and try something else. We took after her immediately, and she bolted away pretty quickly. We chased after her into the Bird Youkai Forest, and she started slinging these orbs at us. I didn't know she had them, but Chen seemed to predict them coming and weaved straight through them. One of them got me on the arm, it only left the burn, but it surprised me enough I almost tripped over my own two feet. I was already a bit slower than the two of them, so I didn't catch up to them until after the orbs had stopped. I didn't notice Mystia, so I guess she had already left by then. I went off to search for Chen, and I found her kind of huddled up somewhere in the forest. I picked her up and just got us out of there. After a while, she pulled herself together, we agreed not to mention it, and resumed heading to the shrine."

Suika looks like a kicked puppy the entire time.

You're not sure what to say, your job has just turned into proving an Oni is LYING. Holy shit doesn't cover this by -half-. This shouldn't even be possible.

Chen looks pretty grim right now. You think she might know something about this...

> Try and lessen Suika's punishment if possible.

You think this just became the least of your worries.

What the hell is going on here?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2010, 07:12:54 PM »
>We were prepared for this.
>Still. Another sigh.
>"Tell us more about Chen. Did you notice anything unusual about her during the the time frame you just described?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #201 on: February 14, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
Brain....hurts....from contradictive testimony.

> "Suika, how was it possible for you two to find and pursue Meira when Chen was busy heading for Marisa? She went there on her own after all. She couldn't have accompanied you. Are you sure this was the real Chen?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #202 on: February 14, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »
Brain....hurts....from contradictive testimony.

> "Suika, how was it possible for you two to find and pursue Meira when Chen was busy heading for Marisa? She went there on her own after all. She couldn't have accompanied you. Are you sure this was the real Chen?"
>Nono, Suika was talking about going back to the shrine from the SDM.
>Errr... I don't know where to go from here. This contradicts someones testimony though, it definitely does. But I'm leaving to go to the Olive Garden in a minute so I don't have time to figure out the specifics.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
>We were prepared for this.
>Still. Another sigh.
>"Tell us more about Chen. Did you notice anything unusual about her during the the time frame you just described?"

You can't help it. Things just got worse.

"Nothing out of the usual, she has been kind of... well, shes been through a lot lately, so I suppose she just kind of broke for a moment or two. She didn't really seem to angry, just kind of like a cat chasing a mouse. She did tuck her cape in on the way. Its still a bit long for her, even if she is a lot taller than before. I think she was worried about it nipping under her heels."

"Well, when I said heading back to the shrine, I meant from the SDM. I should have clarified that a bit more."

>Errr... I don't know where to go from here. This contradicts someones testimony though, it definitely does. But I'm leaving to go to the Olive Garden in a minute so I don't have time to figure out the specifics.

There has to be a contradiction somewhere. Certainly so.

Spidere

« Reply #204 on: February 14, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »

Oh yeah....your going to the olive garden....I remember you saying that somewhere.....

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
>Glance to Chen. Does the cape look like it could be tucked in without impeding maneuverability enough to let her do proper dodging and fighting and such?

Chaore

« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
>Glance to Chen. Does the cape look like it could be tucked in without impeding maneuverability enough to let her do proper dodging and fighting and such?

If she got it into the back of the jacket, it probably wouldn't be too bad. it could seem kind of bulky, but nothing that would really impede her. If she was having trouble doing it while running, you know she could do it while riding THE ROC.

If she did it in preparation for chasing Meira through a forest, ditching THE ROC once trees got to be an annoyance for him and an advantage to Meira, it makes sense.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2010, 07:58:26 PM »
>"Did she invoke any of her familiars, that you saw?"

Chaore

« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
>"Did she invoke any of her familiars, that you saw?"

"She only had THE ROC, and going through the forest with him would be difficult, so she didn't use him once the chase came into the forest."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2010, 08:22:23 PM »
>"You say you found her huddled up in the woods, after she separated from you. What did you see of the actual final battle? And go into more detail about after you found Chen, please?"