Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155302 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »
> Listen to what Lunasa has to say about this. Watch out. She may still have some tricks up her ectoplasmic sleeve.

You give her the cross examination. "Miss Ibuki. You say you saw the fight while returning home, correct?"

Suika nods. "Yep."

Lunasa crosses her arms, as she... apparently begins to play an AIR VIOLIN SOLO without her hands. "You're lying." She pulls an affidavit from her sleeves, which you've been walking. "I have an affidavit signed by both Tengu Border Guard and your housemate. They confirm you returned to the tengu village an hour before. The battle ended around an hour and a half. You couldn't have possibly seen the fight on your way home. Or left as soon as you claim Chen did to fight. Miss Ibuki, what were you doing for an hour and forty-five minutes, and why are you lying?"

Suika takes a sip from her gourd right in court. You wish she'd give you some of that.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2010, 02:42:17 AM »
>"Wait... I mean, OBJECTION! Cirno was there all along as well until Suika left by herself! Besides, what matters is what Chen did from the end of the shrine battle to the death of Meira. If Chen's location has been accounted for from the end of the shrine battle, 2 hours and 45 minutes ago, to heading to the fight with Marisa, 1 hour 40 minutes ago, it is obvious that she could not have been in the Bird Youkai's Forest to muder Meira, 2 hours 5 minutes ago!"

>"Therefore what Suika did in the 30 minutes gap on the way home does not affect Chen's alibi, and Cirno can also testify to this as well."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:46:57 AM by Thaws »

Chaore

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2010, 02:56:32 AM »
>"Wait... I mean, OBJECTION! Cirno was there all along as well until Suika left by herself! Besides, what matters is what Chen did from the end of the shrine battle to the death of Meira. If Chen's location has been accounted for from the end of the shrine battle, 2 hours and 45 minutes ago, to heading to the fight with Marisa, 1 hour 40 minutes ago, it is obvious that she could not have been in the Bird Youkai's Forest to muder Meira, 2 hours 5 minutes ago!"

>"Therefore what Suika did in the 30 minutes gap on the way home does not affect Chen's alibi, and Cirno can also testify to this as well."

Lunasa shakes her head. "You don't get it, do you? Her story is she left immediately and saw the fight heading home. If she couldn't have seen the fight, she wouldn't know WHEN it happened. Especially in relation to when she left. What amount of time passed when the two parted could be any amount of time.

Unless you care to present evidence she left at exactly one hour fourty and so on minutes. And spent around an hour at the scarlet devil mansion."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:18 AM »
Oh, she's going to get it...

> Summon. Patchouli. Now.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2010, 03:07:37 AM »
> Uuuuuu~ PATCHOULI!
Wotters gonna' wot

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2010, 03:14:47 AM »
>Argg why didn't anyone invent a clock in Gensokyo  :ohdear:

>"What are you getting at, Lunasa? With fairies, bugs, and Mokou by the shrine after the battle, they can all testify that Suika departed as Chen went to fight Marisa. Then anyone nearby could've seen the fight, why? Marisa actually shot stars upwards."

Quote from: Chen's Day Out! Part 1
A crapload of Stars explode upwards out of the ground. You're knocked upwards along with NYAMUNE and THE ROC. The stars don't really hurt too much, but you're sent up higher than you'd like by them. You catch THE ROC and pull yourself on. You catch NYAMUNE next.

>"In addition, she used a Master Spark, and lots of lasers. We all know how flashy Marisa's attacks are, it is very easy to notice these attacks even outside the forest. So anyone ELSE at the shrine can testify that in a short while after Chen leave for the fight, the battle began."

>"So with that out of the question, we now just have to prove that Chen's presence in the SDM before she left for the Forest of Magic."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:16:21 AM by Thaws »

Chaore

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2010, 03:34:16 AM »
Oh, she's going to get it...

> Summon. Patchouli. Now.

> Uuuuuu~ PATCHOULI!

You're going to call yourself a book ghost on her ass in a minute.

>Argg why didn't anyone invent a clock in Gensokyo  :ohdear:

>"What are you getting at, Lunasa? With fairies, bugs, and Mokou by the shrine after the battle, they can all testify that Suika departed as Chen went to fight Marisa. Then anyone nearby could've seen the fight, why? Marisa actually shot stars upwards."

>"In addition, she used a Master Spark, and lots of lasers. We all know how flashy Marisa's attacks are, it is very easy to notice these attacks even outside the forest. So anyone ELSE at the shrine can testify that in a short while after Chen leave for the fight, the battle began."

>"So with that out of the question, we now just have to prove that Chen's presence in the SDM before she left for the Forest of Magic."

"I'm sure you're aware of how dense the Forest of Magic is.  Flashy or not, her stars have never made much actual noise. Unless you were looking, you'd not notice them. While her Master Spark was noticed quite far away- its the same situation.

What I'm getting at, Wriggle, is how your witness' testimony doesn't match up with what happened. Unless she sat on the edge of the mountain for half an hour, she wasn't where she said she was.

Especially WHEN. Tell me, dear Nightbug, who should be called to the stand to prove the timing of the two's departure? If you're certain so many saw exactly when both events occurred..."

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2010, 03:46:25 AM »
>Recall what Wriggle was doing with Mokou outside the Forest of Magic after Chen went in.

>"Lunasa, you keep questioning what Suika did when she was alone, why don't we just ask Miss Ibuki herself?"

>"Suika, why did it take you over forty minutes to return to the mountain?"

>Activate NIGHTBUG VISION, PERCEIVE nervous twitches.

>If we can't get anything out of Suika, just summon Patchy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:48:19 AM by Thaws »

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #158 on: February 13, 2010, 03:47:37 AM »
> Summon Patchy. She saw everyone enter and leave in the SDM and can even feel one's presence around the mansion. Plus, the SDM has a huge clock tower. If anyone knows the time in Gensokyo, it's Patchy.
> Lunasa, meet Patchouli. Patchouli, meet Lunasa. Serve this bitch Patchy.

EDIT: Whoops, oh wait. Wait with summoning Patchy and first clear Thaws' points. THEN summon Patchy.

Chaore

« Reply #159 on: February 13, 2010, 04:04:59 AM »
>Recall what Wriggle was doing with Mokou outside the Forest of Magic after Chen went in.

>"Lunasa, you keep questioning what Suika did when she was alone, why don't we just ask Miss Ibuki herself?"

>"Suika, why did it take you over forty minutes to return to the mountain?"

>Activate NIGHTBUG VISION, PERCEIVE nervous twitches.

>If we can't get anything out of Suika, just summon Patchy.

There wasn't much to recall. The two of you pretty much went at each other over what Mokou said.

You two went at it for a while before it just got pointless. You couldn't outlast an immortal, after all. After that, you discussed Mokou guarding the shrine and you went off to search for Chen in the forest. You were in the middle of your search when the Master Spark went off.

You're not actually sure when Suika left. You imagine during the battle.

You ask Suika right out what went on.

"Well... Okay, I know Mokou asked me not to, but I felt guilty about letting Chen go alone. So I just went into the forest after her. I got lost and ended up killing enough time that the fight finished. After that, I went after Marisa and demanded to know what happened. She told me she killed Chen, so I started yelling at her. Eventually, she got sick of me and hit me with a laser. Surprisingly, it sent me flying and made a pretty bad mark."

You're sure Suika fiddles with her chains.

...You notice something around the point she mentions the laser.

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2010, 04:47:32 AM »
> What kind of "something?"

Chaore

« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2010, 04:55:47 AM »
> What kind of "something?"

Well. She shifts her chains a bit. You think its her tick.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2010, 05:23:23 AM »
>"Marisa shooting a laser that can sent you flying? Unless it's Master Spark, I can't say I'm not surprised as you said. Care to elaborate?"

>Keep NIGHTBUG VISION activated.

>I don't even know what I'm doing doubting Suika. @_@
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:28:14 AM by Thaws »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2010, 05:29:47 AM »
>Well, she's an oni, so it's not like she's lying. But still...
>"You're alright, right?"

Chaore

« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2010, 05:37:16 AM »
>"Marisa shooting a laser that can sent you flying? Unless it's Master Spark, I can't say I'm not surprised as you said. Care to elaborate?"

>Keep NIGHTBUG VISION activated.

>I don't even know what I'm doing doubting Suika. @_@

You don't know what you're doing. But...

You know a twitch when you see one. You ask about the spark.

"Eh? Well... I guess it was some kinda tweaked laser, more force, less burning. It caught me by surprise as well. Prolly mostly why it sent me flying."

>Well, she's an oni, so it's not like she's lying. But still...
>"You're alright, right?"

She is an oni. They've never lied. This wouldn't change, and it certainly wouldn't happen to Suika for any reason.

"Huh? Yeah. 'Course. Just a mark, as I said. Nothing serious, as if she could."

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2010, 05:47:10 AM »
> "We'll need to see this 'mark' to proove that what you are saying is true"
Wotters gonna' wot

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2010, 05:49:59 AM »
>Not telling lies is one thing, not telling something at all is another thing, right?

>"You seem especially nervous at the mention of a laser, have you seen lasers else where? Is there something other than a laser being shot? Are you not telling me something? You can't help Chen get out of this if you hide away facts!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2010, 05:56:50 AM »
>Not telling lies is one thing, not telling something at all is another thing, right?

>"You seem especially nervous at the mention of a laser, have you seen lasers else where? Is there something other than a laser being shot? Are you not telling me something? You can't help Chen get out of this if you hide away facts!"

>Drop that last line. No need to badger Suika.

Chaore

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2010, 06:03:29 AM »
> "We'll need to see this 'mark' to prove that what you are saying is true"

>Drop that last line. No need to badger Suika.

Suika blinks. "Err...well...Alright, I'll show ya the mark..."

Suika moves a chain on her arm. You see the mark rather well. You don't dare say it but-

"...Miss Ibuki, You're aware that looks a great deal like a burn rather than just a mark?"

You're beginning to suspect you chose a very bad person to put on stand. No, You feel like you made a very drastic mistake. What the hell is going on?

No, In the first place, how can we be in this situation? Suika is Suika. She is one of the Four Devas for god's sake, she is a model Oni. This would ruin all Oni if it got out.

You think Yuugi for one, would try and do something.

Shes remaining quiet on the questions for the moment. You're not sure what to call right now.

Whatever is going on is completely and utterly beyond your comprehension at the moment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2010, 06:15:24 AM »
>"What."

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2010, 06:18:55 AM »
>"Lunasa, I believe this explains the timing discrepancy with the affidavit from the Tengu."

>Make mental note to apologize to Suika.

>I still can't comprehend what just happened.  :X It seems to be severe so...

>"I request that the testimony of Miss Suika Ibuki be treated as confidential and must not be leaked out of this court. So as to protect her status and privacy."

>Summon Patchy as witness if Lunasa has no further objection to Suika's testimony.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:15:45 AM by Thaws »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »
I don't get what any of this means, anyone care to explain?

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2010, 07:32:56 AM »
I don't get what any of this means, anyone care to explain?

Marisa tried to rape Suika :V

Honestly, I have no idea.
I thought being a lawyer was about not careing anout peoples eelings and getting shit done?
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »
Wriggle's not a lawyer, she's a (presumably) enlightened despot. Also, I presume Suika might have bent the truth just a little too much?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
PLOT TWIST!

> Clear your head.
> Deep breaths.
> Go over the factual evidence in your head.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2010, 03:28:11 PM »
>Panic.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2010, 04:26:09 PM »
>Maybe the "holyshock" is that Suika, an oni, actually got a little physically hurt from Marisa's attack? Oni, you know, that race that survived Utsuho exploding and nuking the entire underground while they were inside.
>Either that or Suika just stretched the truth a bit.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Xijiy

• What a purrfect post
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
>I will have to agree with Neo on this one. The shock is probably coming from the fact that Suika. One of the four "Great Divas of the mountain" was almost actually killed/defeated by just a mere human. Though this doesn't mess up the court case at all if what I'm thinking is true since it would prove that suika was fighting marisa.

Chaore

« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2010, 01:31:59 AM »
>"What."

You mutter it under your breath. This isn't happening.

>"Lunasa, I believe this explains the timing discrepancy with the affidavit from the Tengu."

>Make mental note to apologize to Suika.

>I still can't comprehend what just happened.  :X It seems to be severe so...

>"I request that the testimony of Miss Suika Ibuki be treated as confidential and must not be leaked out of this court. So as to protect her status and privacy."

>Summon Patchy as witness if Lunasa has no further objection to Suika's testimony.

Lunasa shakes her head, "The prosecution however, does not rest. Miss Ibuki, is that burn really from Marisa's laser? If it was a laser that exerted a great force, I would expect a bruise rather than a burn. On top of that, you're capable of hiding it with a chain. I don't think something that caused such a small burn could send you flying.

I'm thinking something smaller and more combustible."

PLOT TWIST!

> Clear your head.
> Deep breaths.
> Go over the factual evidence in your head.

You run a million thoughts at once and get yourself confused. You're not sure what to say, as long as Suika doesn't say anything this should blow over.

>Maybe the "holyshock" is that Suika, an oni, actually got a little physically hurt from Marisa's attack? Oni, you know, that race that survived Utsuho exploding and nuking the entire underground while they were inside.
>Either that or Suika just stretched the truth a bit.

>I will have to agree with Neo on this one. The shock is probably coming from the fact that Suika. One of the four "Great Divas of the mountain" was almost actually killed/defeated by just a mere human. Though this doesn't mess up the court case at all if what I'm thinking is true since it would prove that suika was fighting marisa.

Yes. This makes sense, please let it be this, Suika. Please?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2010, 01:37:41 AM »
> Continue to observe the situation.
> Observe Chen's status.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.