Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155288 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2010, 04:02:10 AM »
>"I am accusing you because you were there and you've been acting like you know more than you let on. And since you won't tell us, I can only conclude you had a role in the murder. Now, as you were saying? I don't think you finished that sentence."

"...doesn't mean I had a role in this! You're just grasping for a scapegoat! 'Oh, Kogasa looks suspicious and we're in a bad situation, lets throw accusations without real basis!'" Kogasa suddenly seems pretty huffy, you're not sure what to say.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »
>"I'm looking for a scapegoat? You come into this court' when you had no reason to even be at the crime scene; give testimony that contradicts much of we've heard up until this point, then go to pieces the moment it starts to fall apart? It seems to me you have a very vested interest in implicating Chen, and the only reason I can imagine for it is that you are trying to cover for yourself!"

Chaore

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2010, 04:20:56 AM »
>"I'm looking for a scapegoat? You come into this court' when you had no reason to even be at the crime scene; give testimony that contradicts much of we've heard up until this point, then go to pieces the moment it starts to fall apart? It seems to me you have a very vested interest in implicating Chen, and the only reason I can imagine for it is that you are trying to cover for yourself!"

"From what? Why would I need to cover myself for a crime I couldn't even be linked to before coming into this court? Unless you have any real evidence, you're blowing hot air right now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2010, 04:36:11 AM »
>"You were there. In the middle of nowhere, for no reason. Your testimony is full of holes. You became a nervous wreck the moment it started to fall apart, rather than admit your were mistaken. There is more than enough to create a reasonable doubt of your own actions. Unless you can produce some evidence otherwise, I am forced to conclude that you played a role in this crime, if not perpetrated it yourself!"

Chaore

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2010, 05:27:51 AM »
>"You were there. In the middle of nowhere, for no reason. Your testimony is full of holes. You became a nervous wreck the moment it started to fall apart, rather than admit your were mistaken. There is more than enough to create a reasonable doubt of your own actions. Unless you can produce some evidence otherwise, I am forced to conclude that you played a role in this crime, if not perpetrated it yourself!"

Lunasa takes the moment to chime in, more than enough irritation in her voice. "Then it is your place to prove that accusation, Nightbug. You're no longer in your forest, if you've let that get to your head. You can't just wave your hand and have her head lopped off. No one in this court needs to believe you. If you have anything to back up your claims, now would be the time to present it. Otherwise, can we please get on with this trial instead of arguing over a pile of suspicions?"

What a bitch. Do you have anything that could put her in her place, though?

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2010, 05:52:01 AM »
> Contemplate just saying "Fuck it" and getting into a big brawl
Wotters gonna' wot

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2010, 06:23:16 AM »
>"Kogasa, one more time. Describe the person you claim you saw there?"

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2010, 08:14:12 AM »
>Also remember to use our NIGHTBUG VISION to PERCEIVE Kogasa's NERVOUS HABITS while she continues with her testimony.

>I'd imagine her nervous habits to show in places like her umbrella's eyes/tongue, she biting her own tongue, or playing with something with her fingers. So concentrate on these places. If specifying which body parts to concentrate on perceiving is not neccesary, ignore this command. :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »
>Didn't she already say "Just because I wasn't there-" and then clamp her hands over her mouth? Sounds like she meant she wasn't even ACTUALLY there to witness Mystia and "Chen", even though she definitely didn't mean to say it. Aka, she's been lying the whole time, which would explain why she got the directions wrong; she had made them up and didn't think it all the way through.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:28:31 AM by NeoGenesis »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »
...Did that get editted in, or did I have a critical reading failure? Ah well, current line of questioning plays into it nicely.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »
...Did that get editted in, or did I have a critical reading failure? Ah well, current line of questioning plays into it nicely.
>Last post in the previous page. And then again, I don't see why she'd just flat out lie for Lunasa if she wasn't related to the murder, so we do have good reason to suspect her.

>Anyway, come to think of it... Kogasa can shoot umbrella thingys, can't she? The trees were damaged by a spherical object... hmm. Its possible Kogasa and Mystia tag teamed Meira and they're framing Chen for it. This would explain why the attack that damaged the trees had come from the other direction, and we'd only have to assume one of the two had a sword.
>All we can say safely say about that theory at the moment though, is that Kogasa could possibly have been the one to damage the trees.

>"Kogasa, you can shoot a kind of Umbrella-ish attack, correct?"
>...if anyone can word that better, feel free to do so  :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
>Last post in the previous page. And then again, I don't see why she'd just flat out lie for Lunasa if she wasn't related to the murder, so we do have good reason to suspect her.

>Anyway, come to think of it... Kogasa can shoot umbrella thingys, can't she? The trees were damaged by a spherical object... hmm. Its possible Kogasa and Mystia tag teamed Meira and they're framing Chen for it. This would explain why the attack that damaged the trees had come from the other direction, and we'd only have to assume one of the two had a sword.
>All we can say safely say about that theory at the moment though, is that Kogasa could possibly have been the one to damage the trees.

> I'll try: "Kogasa, you have the ability to shoot out copies of your umbrella, functioning as projectiles, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2010, 06:54:30 PM »

>Let's save that til after she answers the description question, so we don't get sidetracked if she flubs it. But...
>"I am curious, how do you defend yourself while traveling alone as you seem to favor?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »
>"I am curious, how do you defend yourself while traveling alone as you seem to favor?"
>I think this version works best. It seems the least incriminating, so as the lower the chance she'd avoid saying something that might link her to the crime (Aka any kind of attack that would match what was used to damage the trees)

Chaore

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
> Contemplate just saying "Fuck it" and getting into a big brawl

There are a lot of shinigami here. You're not quite sure you could even take on Komachi, none the less all these.

>"Kogasa, one more time. Describe the person you claim you saw there?"

"Uhm. She had a white cape and cat ears. She was wearing something kinda dark and something kinda light, as well. I couldn't see the inside of her cape as I was trying to follow her..."

>Also remember to use our NIGHTBUG VISION to PERCEIVE Kogasa's NERVOUS HABITS while she continues with her testimony.

>I'd imagine her nervous habits to show in places like her umbrella's eyes/tongue, she biting her own tongue, or playing with something with her fingers. So concentrate on these places. If specifying which body parts to concentrate on perceiving is not neccesary, ignore this command. :V

You find it harder to find a time she isn't twitching...

>Didn't she already say "Just because I wasn't there-" and then clamp her hands over her mouth? Sounds like she meant she wasn't even ACTUALLY there to witness Mystia and "Chen", even though she definitely didn't mean to say it. Aka, she's been lying the whole time, which would explain why she got the directions wrong; she had made them up and didn't think it all the way through.

You're pretty sure its something like that. You wonder why you didn't pull this up sooner.

>Let's save that til after she answers the description question, so we don't get sidetracked if she flubs it. But...

"Well... I surprise people, then I run away! Or throw something at them and run away! ...or hit them with my umbrella and run away!

...I can't really fight by surprising people..."

Well. With Danmaku gone, you don't find it surprising at all she can't do much. Being well, a spirit, she has to be pretty tough to kill in a manner or two. She certainly isn't armed to the teeth, and you don't know who'd teach her how to fight.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2010, 09:03:53 PM »
>Yeah, I figured outwith danmaku, she probably isn't capable of attacking much. Lets go with that "she wasn't actually there" thing.
>...without*, how did I even do that >:
>"Come to think of it, just a minute ago... you said "Just because I wasn't there doesn't-", and then clamped your hands over your mouth. Kogasa, would it be true that you weren't actually there to witness anything at all? Perhaps someone had told you what to say to the court?"
>If someone thinks this is going a bit far, cut off that last sentence.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2010, 09:12:34 PM »
>Yeah, I figured outwith danmaku, she probably isn't capable of attacking much. Lets go with that "she wasn't actually there" thing.
>"Come to think of it, just a minute ago... you said "Just because I wasn't there doesn't-", and then clamped your hands over your mouth. Kogasa, would it be true that you weren't actually there to witness anything at all? Perhaps someone had told you what to say to the court?"

> Finally, it's about time we got to this point. We've been running circles long enough, even though we got something to finish her right in front of our noses since like, twenty posts ago. Get on with it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2010, 11:19:31 PM »
> More deep breaths.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2010, 11:22:32 PM »

"What! Of course not, I mean. Why-"

"I'm inclined to agree. Witness, you can step off the stand. Defense, call your witness."

> Finally, it's about time we got to this point. We've been running circles long enough, even though we got something to finish her right in front of our noses since like, twenty posts ago. Get on with it.

Yeah.

This was pretty pointless. Even Lunasa is annoyed, and this was supposed to help her.

> More deep breaths.

You take them.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2010, 11:24:04 PM »
> "I wish to call Suika Ibuki to the stand to testimony for Chen Yakumo."

Chaore

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
> "I wish to call Suika Ibuki to the stand to testimony for Chen Yakumo."

Lunasa doesn't seem phased. But this should work in your favor.

Suika takes the stand. You're up to direct.

This is what you're waiting on, don't mess up.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2010, 12:00:37 AM »
> "So Suika, can you remind us of the length of time you were with Chen around the time of the murder, and what you were doing during that period? Be detailed with your recount; I'm sure the court would rather not have to deal with another wild-goose chase."

Chaore

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
> "So Suika, can you remind us of the length of time you were with Chen around the time of the murder, and what you were doing during that period? Be detailed with your recount; I'm sure the court would rather not have to deal with another wild-goose chase."

Suika nods, beginning her testimony. "Well. After the battle, I was with Chen for her visit to the SDM, and after when she went to the Hakurei Shrine. Wriggle and Mokou were there, and after a brief discussion, Chen went off to the Forest of Magic. I didn't accompany her, and had to leave for the Tengu Mountain soon after. I was with her up until she went to fight Marisa, pretty much. In fact, I noticed the fight as I was going back up the mountain."

Lunasa stands patiently over by her side. Unless you've got anything else you want her to clear up, it seems like you just need to hear her say the magic words.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2010, 01:13:06 AM »
> "How long was it until you met up with her again?"

Chaore

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2010, 01:18:31 AM »
> "How long was it until you met up with her again?"

"Huhm... Didn't see her till about half an hour ago. She had Hina with her."

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2010, 01:48:37 AM »
>Awww, if Kogasa did actually see real Chen, she'd be the best alibi for Chen.  :( She's really suspicious though. Though there's no motive for her to kill Meira.

>"It's apparent this testimony accounts for the location of Chen for an hour and fifteen minutes after the battle, way past the time of murder."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2010, 01:58:06 AM »
>Awww, if Kogasa did actually see real Chen, she'd be the best alibi for Chen.  :( She's really suspicious though. Though there's no motive for her to kill Meira.

>"It's apparent this testimony accounts for the location of Chen for an hour and fifteen minutes after the battle, way past the time of murder."

She couldn't have killed Meira since she wasn't there at all. Pay attention to her speaking habits.

> But yes, Chen is now accounted for the entire period of time around the murder and the grand battle. If Lunasa still objects we can summon Hina to testify the last half hour.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2010, 01:59:02 AM »
> Unless of course a plot twist worms it's way in somehow.

Chaore

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2010, 02:01:28 AM »

Lunasa doesn't show what she seems to be thinking. "Is the direct examination over, then?"

> But yes, Chen is now accounted for the entire period of time around the murder and the grand battle. If Lunasa still objects we can summon Hina to testify the last half hour.

You can't imagine she has anything to go off of here...

> Unless of course a plot twist worms it's way in somehow.

This is a ludicrous idea and completely impossible. I mean come on.

What could possibly happen?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2010, 02:07:29 AM »
This is a ludicrous idea and completely impossible. I mean come on.

What could possibly happen?

Tempting fate...TEMPTING FATE!

> Listen to what Lunasa has to say about this. Watch out. She may still have some tricks up her ectoplasmic sleeve.