Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 155291 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2010, 04:29:06 AM »
>"Kogasa, please think carefully. Are you sure that you've really seen everything? Your direction are clashing with previous testimony, as well as what the defendant was actually wearing. It seems like you've witnessed a completely different event."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »
>"Kogasa, please think carefully. Are you sure that you've really seen everything? Your direction are clashing with previous testimony, as well as what the defendant was actually wearing. It seems like you've witnessed a completely different event."

"N...No! I really did see it! What else could I have seen?"

Lunasa takes the moment to chime in. "Absolutely nothing. Kogasa Tatara, You're aware lying on the stand is a crime in itself, correct?"

Kogasa starts to shrink. "I...uh! I'm not lying!"

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2010, 04:47:17 AM »
>"Calm down, Kogasa, I trust you've seen this, you're just expressing it with the wrong words. Try using just left, right, front, behind you instead of North, South, East, West, and describe the event again."

>"What were you facing? Was it the Bird Youkai's forest?"

>"Was the Youkai Mountain to your RIGHT hand side?"

>"Did White Cape Youkai and Mystia came from behind you?"

>If yes to all three questions above : "I believe we've all made a mistake, Kogasa did saw something, but it was not the assailant fleeing. She saw the assailant heading towards the scene of crime!"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:12:22 AM by Thaws »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2010, 05:16:45 AM »
>"Kogasa, you seem to be much too nervous for simply giving a testimony. You know as well as I do that there's nothing that can happen to you here, but you seem really frightened. Is something wrong? You can tell us, it is better to let the truth be known and exhonerated, rather than getting caught at something."

Chaore

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
>"Calm down, Kogasa, I trust you've seen this, you're just expressing it with the wrong words. Try using just left, right, front, behind you instead of North, South, East, West, and describe the event again."

>"What were you facing? Was it the Bird Youkai's forest?"

>"Was the Youkai Mountain to your RIGHT hand side?"

>"Did White Cape Youkai and Mystia came from behind you?"

>If yes to all three questions above : "I believe we've all made a mistake, Kogasa did saw something, but it was not the assailant fleeing. She saw the assailant heading towards the scene of crime!"

Just as you expect, Kogasa answers yes to all three questions. You lay out your new belief with a gusto.

Lunasa seems less than amused.

"Hold on now, what are you getting at?"

>"Kogasa, you seem to be much too nervous for simply giving a testimony. You know as well as I do that there's nothing that can happen to you here, but you seem really frightened. Is something wrong? You can tell us, it is better to let the truth be known and exhonerated, rather than getting caught at something."

Kogasa shakes her head, still blatantly nervous. "Nothing! Its... just a surprise, that is all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »
>"Kogasa, a surprise lasts for a few moments, then the shock goes away. You're dealing with something lasting much longer than that; you seem more afraid. Are you sure something isn't bothering you? Something that the court can help you with?"

Chaore

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2010, 09:59:09 PM »
>"Kogasa, a surprise lasts for a few moments, then the shock goes away. You're dealing with something lasting much longer than that; you seem more afraid. Are you sure something isn't bothering you? Something that the court can help you with?"

You pressure Kogasa a bit, at the moment, it doesn't seem like Lunasa is about to call you on it.

"N...No. Nothing like that. Its not like I have a real connection to the case other than the testimony, anyway..."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2010, 10:15:50 PM »
> "Oh?  Are you sure you aren't hiding something?  After all, you did just bring up the fact that you may have some hidden information due to that careless comment just now."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2010, 10:27:35 PM »
> "Oh?  Are you sure you aren't hiding something?  After all, you did just bring up the fact that you may have some hidden information due to that careless comment just now."

"Wait what? I did?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »
> "I quote:  'Its not like I have a real connection to the case other than the testimony, anyway...'"
> "I'm not saying you had something to do with the murder, but that was a somewhat dangerous choice of wording you made there, like inadvertently admitting you are in fact linked to it..."

Chaore

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2010, 10:53:55 PM »
> "I quote:  'Its not like I have a real connection to the case other than the testimony, anyway...'"
> "I'm not saying you had something to do with the murder, but that was a somewhat dangerous choice of wording you made there, like inadvertently admitting you are in fact linked to it..."

"Huh? Wouldn't I have to say I had a connection to the case for something like that?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2010, 12:52:29 AM »
> Cough.
> Carry on.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2010, 01:21:37 AM »
>"Answer this truthfully. Have you seen the corpse?"

>"Have you... moved the corpse?"

Chaore

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »
> Cough.
> Carry on.

>"Answer this truthfully. Have you seen the corpse?"

>"Have you... moved the corpse?"

Kogasa blinks. "The corpse? No, I never went to the death sight. I didn't touch the corpse either."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2010, 01:32:23 AM »
> "I see...  Did you notice anything out-of-place in the area of the corpse?"

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2010, 01:41:38 AM »
Oops wrong direction.

>"Let me confirm, you said you saw Mystia chasing White Cape Youkai, right?"

>"This contradicts Mystia's testimony! She claimed that she was heading towards her place through the forest when she heard a ruckus which caused her to arrive at the scene of crime! That was when she started chasing the Cat Youkai Without White Cape. This would result in her going South, to the Forest of Magic, not coming from the Forest of Magic."

>"Which means either Mystia or you are the one lying. I really hope you're not the lying."

>"If you would, please clearly describe what you have seen again. Be confident, don't hide anything, okay?"

Chaore

« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2010, 02:07:06 AM »
> "I see...  Did you notice anything out-of-place in the area of the corpse?"

"No, I mean, I didn't see it..."

Oops wrong direction.

>"Let me confirm, you said you saw Mystia chasing White Cape Youkai, right?"

>"This contradicts Mystia's testimony! She claimed that she was heading towards her place through the forest when she heard a ruckus which caused her to arrive at the scene of crime! That was when she started chasing the Cat Youkai Without White Cape. This would result in her going South, to the Forest of Magic, not coming from the Forest of Magic."

>"Which means either Mystia or you are the one lying. I really hope you're not the lying."

>"If you would, please clearly describe what you have seen again. Be confident, don't hide anything, okay?"

"Yeah, I did...Err... Wait, what?! I uh... W... well... She chased the cat youkai at one point, right?! I saw her doing it then, then! Its as obvious as that!"

Lunasa interjects. "Actually, She never chased the assailant. After the crime, she was scared she'd be next, certainly not the state of mind for chasing someone. Her next action was to try and inform someone of the murder. While they could have left in the same direction, and I don't doubt she'd omit a meaningless encounter with you, this makes your testimony rather shaky, wouldn't you say?"

You're not sure what Lunasa is playing at, here. She could have a trap here, or she could honestly be trying to divine what Kogasa is up to.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »
TBH, it's really getting dull watching the arguments go in circles. Can we try to speed up the trial so we can enjoy more Chen antics? D:

> Be straightforward about it and ask what Lunasa what she's playing at.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2010, 02:15:24 AM »
Quote from: Lunasa
"Actually, She never chased the assailant. After the crime, she was scared she'd be next, certainly not the state of mind for chasing someone.

>"You're missing the point, putting into context of what Kogasa saw, Mystia was chasing the assailant INTO the bird youkai forest, where the crime of scene was. It is very possible that Mystia chased the assailant before the crime took place!"

>I think we should call Mystia for testimony on this claim. :/ We're getting nothing more out of Kogasa.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:19:54 AM by Thaws »

« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2010, 02:17:00 AM »
>She's probably trying to discount Kogasa's testimony now, since it can be used to poke holes in Mystia's.

Chaore

« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2010, 02:29:43 AM »
TBH, it's really getting dull watching the arguments go in circles. Can we try to speed up the trial so we can enjoy more Chen antics? D:

> Be straightforward about it and ask what Lunasa what she's playing at.

>I'll try, without you know, cheaping everything out.

You just ask her. She has done the same, after all.

"Her testimony, while ideal, is pretty much either a lie or so messed up it won't do any good. She is essentially wasting time, so, I'm going to say we might as well throw her out and discard her testimony. Any objections to that?"

Kogasa recoils on the stand. "T...Throw out?! Reconsider, please!"

>"You're missing the point, putting into context of what Kogasa saw, Mystia was chasing the assailant INTO the bird youkai forest, where the crime of scene was. It is very possible that Mystia chased the assailant before the crime took place!"

>I think we should call Mystia for testimony on this claim. :/ We're getting nothing out of Kogasa.

"This idea of yours has bothered me from the start. For one, it isn't possible. May I call you back to the affidavit? The crime occured at two hours and five minutes ago. Kogasa says she saw them around two hours ago.

While this is fine and dandy- There is something else pushing into this, Kogasa has a better method of time keeping then say, Mystia. The tengu, while still youkai, are very good at keeping pace. If the position they were at was two hours from where it is now, than there isn't more than a few minutes worth of leeway. Certainly not 5 minutes, plus however long it took for all three of them to come to the murder site.

Add to this the fact she saw neither the victim, heard none of the breaking trees, and the fact Mystia only came in at the end of the struggle, we have no good reason to believe that is what happened. She didn't see anyone leave either. If Mystia had been delayed by Kogasa as well, she would have mentioned it around the ruckus part.

There is no good reason to believe she saw the assailant heading TO the scene of the murder."

This is followed up by another AIR VIOLIN Solo.

>She's probably trying to discount Kogasa's testimony now, since it can be used to poke holes in Mystia's.

Well. Depending on who you think isn't lying, this is probably true.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2010, 02:47:37 AM »
Uhh...

>coffeespit
>Sweatdrop and breakdown
>Pray to Sanae

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2010, 02:56:34 AM »
>Throw a shoe at Lunasa.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2010, 02:57:36 AM »
>Throw a shoe at Lunasa.

>No! How are we going to save Chen if we're going to get into a trial for ourselves.  :-X

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2010, 03:13:47 AM »
>"There's also no good reason to believe it's Chen, given neither witness is consistent about what they saw or where. I see no reason to dismiss Kogasa's testimony, she's just a bit confused about directions. But she certainly isn't confused about what the assailant was wearing, which contradicts what Mystia saw. I'm especially interested, now, in what Kogasa's intentions are."
>"Kogasa, we can all see you're hiding something. Why don't you tell us? No one can hurt you here. And, it's important. Do you want to run the risk of condemning the wrong person for murder, when the real criminal goes free? Are you trying to protect that person, Kogasa? It's alright."
>Suspect Kogasa herself; it would be the best reason for a cover-up.

Chaore

« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2010, 03:23:23 AM »
Uhh...

>coffeespit
>Sweatdrop and breakdown
>Pray to Sanae

Its... kind of all you can really do in response to that.

>Throw a shoe at Lunasa.

>No! How are we going to save Chen if we're going to get into a trial for ourselves.  :-X

A boot to the head doesn't solve everything, after all.

>"There's also no good reason to believe it's Chen, given neither witness is consistent about what they saw or where. I see no reason to dismiss Kogasa's testimony, she's just a bit confused about directions. But she certainly isn't confused about what the assailant was wearing, which contradicts what Mystia saw. I'm especially interested, now, in what Kogasa's intentions are."
>"Kogasa, we can all see you're hiding something. Why don't you tell us? No one can hurt you here. And, it's important. Do you want to run the risk of condemning the wrong person for murder, when the real criminal goes free? Are you trying to protect that person, Kogasa? It's alright."
>Suspect Kogasa herself; it would be the best reason for a cover-up.

Lunasa is not amused by your statement, but she is certainly surprised by something about it.

Kogasa shakes her head quickly. "No! I'm not hiding anything! I swear, I saw all that and everything!"

It would explain one thing, but cause a million more questions.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:22 AM »
>Request further testimony from Mystia in response to Kogasa's claims.

We have almost 0 evidence here, so we need more testimonies.  :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2010, 03:31:58 AM »
>Welp. Let's give her another surprise, and see what falls out.
>"Kogasa, Chen wasn't there to do it. Mystia left the scene. But we know that Meira was murdered. At this point, the only person unaccounted for is the one who is mysteriously nervous for no real reason, and ruining her testimony. It's an awful big coincidence that you were there; Mystia actually someplace to be. But you? Just loitering about over the forest, rather than someplace where people go? Kogasa, I will ask you plainly, did you have a role in murdering Meira?"

Chaore

« Reply #118 on: February 12, 2010, 03:44:56 AM »
>Request further testimony from Mystia in response to Kogasa's claims.

We have almost 0 evidence here, so we need more testimonies.  :V

You might as well, but...

>Welp. Let's give her another surprise, and see what falls out.
>"Kogasa, Chen wasn't there to do it. Mystia left the scene. But we know that Meira was murdered. At this point, the only person unaccounted for is the one who is mysteriously nervous for no real reason, and ruining her testimony. It's an awful big coincidence that you were there; Mystia actually someplace to be. But you? Just loitering about over the forest, rather than someplace where people go? Kogasa, I will ask you plainly, did you have a role in murdering Meira?"

Kogasa is predictable, and Lunasa just seems to be stewing over there.

"H...huh? Why are you accusing me?! Just because I wasn't there doesn't-"

Kogasa clamps her hands over her mouth instinctively.

Well. You got something.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2010, 03:59:41 AM »
>"I am accusing you because you were there and you've been acting like you know more than you let on. And since you won't tell us, I can only conclude you had a role in the murder. Now, as you were saying? I don't think you finished that sentence."