Author Topic: Weird problem with PoFV replay.  (Read 1441 times)

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Weird problem with PoFV replay.
« on: August 18, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »
I was going to record my 1cc replay of PoFV, so I opened up the game, and started to play it.
But for whatever reason, the replay went absolutely mental: It was heavily desynched, my character would randomly start and stop firing and it would pretty much ram at every bullet that was on-screen.
However, when I play the replay through an english-patched game, it works just fine. Can somebody explain this to me? Is there a way I can make it work on both versions?
Edit: And does anyone know a good way of recording it? Fraps slows the game down to 30FPS, and Dxtory not only makes a ginourmous file (26GB for 23:30 Minutes of video), but it doesn't capture the whole screen.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 12:55:19 PM by FamilyTeam »

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Zil

Re: Weird problem with PoFV replay.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
No, it will not work on the unpatched game. The English patch (or one of them anyway) causes that.

Were you playing as Reisen, by any chance?

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:25:13 PM »
No, it will not work on the unpatched game. The English patch (or one of them anyway) causes that.

Were you playing as Reisen, by any chance?
The replay is on the attachments section. I was playing as Marisa. My main problem now is just trying to record it, since this is the first game I ever tried to record that gave me weird issues. (Extreme slodown with Fraps and resolution problems with DxTory.)

Zil

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
That's interesting. I thought only Reisen runs were effected. But yeah it's the patch's fault.

-

The world's full of recording software. OBS, Camstasia, Debut, Hypercam, to name a few I used. If one thing doesn't work then the best I can tell you is to just try something else. Or mess with the config. It's all governed by magic as far as I'm concerned.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
That's interesting. I thought only Reisen runs were effected. But yeah it's the patch's fault.

-

The world's full of recording software. OBS, Camstasia, Debut, Hypercam, to name a few I used. If one thing doesn't work then the best I can tell you is to just try something else. Or mess with the config. It's all governed by magic as far as I'm concerned.
I'll try to guess Touhou 9's resolution so I can use DxTory to record it. Tough I very much doubt it will fix the laughable file size
Edit: If anyone needs to know, Touhou 9's resolution is 640x480. Put this in Dxtory so it acutally records properly.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:36:34 PM by FamilyTeam »