Author Topic: Touhou Pocket Wars EVO+ game mechanics info (and questions)  (Read 2622 times)

I'm on Version 2.02

What's the best way to win the higher level reform fights?  In the version I have, enemies periodically restore a healthy amount of HP/SP, even when there is no Hl orb in sight.  it looks like Yuyuko's "Scenery of Hell" instant death doesn't work on them (showing a RESIST message).  My best luck thus far has been with Sakuya nuking, Reiuzi using divine flames then nuking, and Sanae healing.  This is not very reliable.

What factors into synthesis?  From what I can tell, the girl you're talking to, the order of the UFOs, and the amount of synthesises completed all seem to have an effect on which item comes out.
GRG with Koishi gives a 25% hp/40 sp/25% atk/25% dod item, while GRG on anyone else gives roughly half that, and RGG/GGR seems to give nothing.
What else matters when synthesizing?  Is there a comprehensive list out there somewhere?

Also, Why do units randomly heal HP/SP throughout the fight, regardless of the presence of a Hl orb?

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Re: Touhou Pocket Wars EVO+ game mechanics info (and questions)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:58:57 PM »
The Healing:  It's the UFOs.  If you let them hang around, the greens heal 20% of the enemy's Max HP per turn.  Blues accelerate SP recovery.  Whenever one shows up, hit its bearer to make it go away.

The Reform Fights: You are only facing one opponent, which makes it possible to abuse defensive buffs.  By which I, as always, mean Orin's and Nitori's.  I personally prefer Suika to Sakuya in the close range department, but they're both usable.  Okuu is great, Sanae is great.  I am a bit worried about the lack of a long range attacker though.  If all else fails, Chen can nearly double an attack's power with her buff.

UFO Synthesis: Each girl has a specific sequence you can give them to produce a higher-quality UFO item.  I don't have them memorized but IIRC there's a file with the English patch that has them.  There is a master UFO item that increases all the stats, but in addition to having to use the right girl and sequence, you also have to synthesize a bunch of times beforehand.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:03:03 PM »
I was wondering about those floating UFOs.  The fact that both wikis completely neglect to mention them was a little maddening.

I've found myself relying on Sanae to stay alive.  If not Sakuya/Satori dropping bombs on people, then it's Sakuya/Reiuzi for the long haul.  And Reiuzi's got some long range damage.  the Devil Star is 180% C/F or so, isn't it?

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
Utsuho does have long range attacks, and she's not bad at them.  IMO, she's probably the best all-ranges damager out there.  But there's a big difference between her capping at ~180% long range and someone like Yuuka or Yuyuko who can break 300%.  And Okuu by herself covers close range very well what with Final Fusion and all.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
I'm not saying she's a match for Yuuka in the damage race, especially with sadistic heartbeat increasing her hit rate.

I'm saying I use it as a supplement to her divine flames when Marisa reform 5 unleashes a 5,000 damage master spark, or when sakuya's Za Warudo goes critical for five digits, and divine flames kicks back more than half of that damage.

Are you saying I should switch it up to Yuuka's double spark and Sakuya/Suika's Za Warudo/Missing Power, in hopes to race their healing?

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:45 PM »
Well, it's really up to you.  If you need the extra damage, then take it.  We seem to have very different strategies.  I tend to use Okuu more for attacks than to sacrifice her to deal damage.  Probably because I use Wall of the Departed/Hydro Camouflage all the time, so I'm not used to getting hit with that 5,000 point Master Spark in the first place.  But no matter the strategy, Sanae revival if the worst happens is an awesome thing to have.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »
As long as we're on the subject...

Do avatars do anything?  Where does it state their effects if so?

What's the best place to collect UFOs for synthesis?

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
What does the dice reward for beating phantasm do? More rolls during reform? Is there a good wiki that covers everything and isn't on Japanese?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 03:08:41 AM »
Avatars - As far as I can tell, the outfit your gachas are in doesn't make any mechanical difference.  They're just collectables, really.

Farmin' - Best place for UFOs is the final dungeon.  They spawn in there, and you can get them randomly off the encounters as well.

Reward - Seems like you get more base rolls, yes.  Of course if you're winning PH battles, there really isn't much left to use them on~

Wiki - Not yet.  We should probably go fix that.