Author Topic: RPG Maker VX Ace - Old Rebellion!  (Read 6493 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
RPG Maker VX Ace - Old Rebellion!
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:28:58 PM »
I'm making a Touhou RPG and I'm looking Spell Card animator and someone that can make map, every character will have 1 spell card. I'll give you a list of some characters:

Mima (Chapter 1 and final main.)
Shinki (Chapter 2 main.)
Yumemi (Chapter 3 main.)
Elly (Chapter 4 main.)

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:56:53 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Re: RPG Maker VX Ace - Looking for...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:12:18 AM »
I love making rpg maker animations and mapping, but it really depends on what you're asking. I'm not an artist so if you want custom graphics I can't help you, but if you want maps and animations with the default graphics I'm willing to help.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Koog

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 04:16:02 AM »
Well, you can help me with maps but animations for many characters spell cards will require more than just default graphics
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:39:09 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Koog

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »
I'm still making the rpg and I have problem trying to find sprites for the PC-98, TD and DDC characters...

EDIT: Nevermind this... also changed main protagonist of the story, now Mima is the main protagonist...

In RikaNitori, authors are allowed to bump their own threads under certain conditions such as if they wish to parse questions/updates/important info. This post was a new thread with no info, which was confusing. I've merged your post with your original thread. -Hele
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:30:14 AM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 04:06:53 AM »
Have you tried using the Danmaku sprites from the fighting games? I was planning on using those and making my own for the bullets that are not shown.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Koog

Re: RPG Maker VX Ace - Old Rebellion!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 10:07:37 PM »
Here I'm announcing finally my project!
Old Rebellion!
Plot: Mima and the rest of the characters were locked in a close space by a mysterious woman, sick of staying there, all characters plan a rebellion against that mysterious woman. But, will everything go well if they are all separated after escaping the close space?
Finally showing progress:

Some characters still haven't got classes.
Have you tried using the Danmaku sprites from the fighting games? I was planning on using those and making my own for the bullets that are not shown.
The thing is most of the protagonists are PC-98 characters. (Excluding PC98 styles of Reimu, Marisa, Alice and Yuuka.)
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 06:17:48 AM »
Looks cool! Did you make those sprites yourself?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »
You wouldn't happen to have a playable demo would you? I wouldn't mind playing or testing it even if it's very small. What custom scripts are you using? Do you plan to use more Touhou like enemies or plan to use the vanilla ones?

Also if I remember correctly the danmaku used in the PC 98 games are very simple so remaking them shouldn't be too hard... but seeing as I tried to make a few spell cards in VX ace I realize how long and somewhat difficult it is. It seems to be a bit more difficult then making a animated sprite in say Fireworks or even Photoshop.

Koog

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 02:21:30 PM »
Looks cool! Did you make those sprites yourself?
No. I found them on a japanase site, and I'm obviously going to give him the credit.
You wouldn't happen to have a playable demo would you? I wouldn't mind playing or testing it even if it's very small. What custom scripts are you using? Do you plan to use more Touhou like enemies or plan to use the vanilla ones?
No, I don't, but I'm planning to release a demo with First and Shinki's chapter. I'm currently using some Galv's and Yanfly's scripts. Obviously there will be Touhou-like enemies.
Also if I remember correctly the danmaku used in the PC 98 games are very simple so remaking them shouldn't be too hard... but seeing as I tried to make a few spell cards in VX ace I realize how long and somewhat difficult it is. It seems to be a bit more difficult then making a animated sprite in say Fireworks or even Photoshop.
Yeah, it's quite hard and new to me, that's why I'm looking a spell card animator.
Mwahahahahha!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »
Well I'm not gonna make any promises but since I need to make spell cards for my own project I could work on PC 98 danmaku while I'm at it.

I'll look forward to a demo, also love yanfly's scripts. Ironic that yanfly is a touhou guy and those scripts are being used to make touhou games.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 03:11:30 AM »
Can you post a link to the site you got the sprites from? I can't find it.

Koog

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
It took me a long while to find it again...
http://revdot.web.fc2.com/dot_rpgvx_toho.html
I'll search for the other one later, school exams are coming and I'm pretty busy.
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 08:08:32 PM »
Thanks! I hope the game goes well. Good luck with your exams!

Koog

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »
Most important test finished. Got 8,50/10. I'm so happy now!!
Got 2 free days so I'll work on the game as much as I can.
Mwahahahahha!