Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139817 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #660 on: September 14, 2011, 08:00:18 AM »
I'm still making way more mistakes than I should be, as I've captured everything through Stage 2 but ALWAYS die to it stupidly somewhere, Ichirin has too many lasers/pink bullets behind pink fists that I can't see.  I fail at reading lasers too.  I'm sure if I could GET to Stage 4, I'd make a million stupid mistakes there too.

Its not like having captured the card before means you can do it consistently. Which part of Stage 2 kills you stupidly? Practice those parts. Try to ensure that you can do it consistently. If there are parts that you simply can't get consistent on then you just might wanna bomb that. Oh and you should really bomb King Kraken Strike for 1cc'ing purposes. Or whatever the Hard version is called.

The trick here is practice. And a hell of a lot of patience. The latter was something I really lacked.

« Reply #661 on: September 14, 2011, 08:14:41 AM »
Also, I just tried to perfect IN easy, died to Red Eyes Hypnosis, which I find HARDER on easy/normal than on hard/lunatic.
Nope. For easy don't bother trying any of the tricks from normal to lunatic. Just stay at the bottom and dodge. There's huge gaps but the way reisen shifts the bullets causes the normal method not to work.

« Reply #662 on: September 14, 2011, 08:19:02 PM »
My inability to 1cc UFO normal with MarisaB is really getting annoying.  Just had a 3rd failure to Flying Fantastica, with about a half dozen stupid deaths with bombs in stock.  Murasa went horribly, Ichirin went 1DNB, Kogasa was 1DNB, Shou went about as well as you'd expect, and Byakuren got a cheap hit on me on the first spell and the final nonspell.
I've 1cced every other windows Touhou game on every possible normal with every shot type, so WHY IS THIS ONE SO HARD!?!?!?

Also, why is UFO hard so, well, hard?  SA hard I cleared in about 5 tries, 10D hard in about 5, MoF hard in about 10 (mostly due to VoWG), UFO hard I can't get through Stage 3!

The difficulty spike on most Touhou games usually comes at Stage 4, or sometimes at the 3rd boss (Alice, Keine).
UFO's difficulty spike comes at the start of Stage 2.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Formless God

« Reply #663 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »
Half a second away from capturing Peta Flare Ultra asdasdasfsdasf
Utsuho's attacks are pretty doable on Ultra.

« Reply #664 on: September 14, 2011, 10:18:22 PM »
Hells Tokamak Ultra made me cry. Oh and fuck Nuclear Fusion.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #665 on: September 14, 2011, 10:36:29 PM »
Okay, SA, you... are odd.

Since when does someone unable to clear Stage 5 on Normal clear Stage 4 on Hard...?
Only to die from trying to PoC Orin?

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #666 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »
Okay, SA, you... are odd.

Since when does someone unable to clear Stage 5 on Normal clear Stage 4 on Hard...?
Only to die from trying to PoC Orin?

Yeah, I also cleared Stage 4 Hard before I cleared Stage 5 Normal.

Speaking of SA, I hate Spleen Eater ;_;

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #667 on: September 14, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »
I don't see what's so hard about Orin on normal.
On hard she's brutal though.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »
10D stage 1, I hate you. Stupid stupid deaths everywhere.

« Reply #669 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
Moo. I just failed PSM twice in a row. I think I'm going to need to pay some extra attention to Kogasa's movements so she doesn't bump into me. It might also be because I'm standing a bit too close to her. Other than that, I'm pretty close to consistently perfecting her. Occasionally I fuck up her 2nd or 3rd card but that's getting more and more rare.

EDIT: I also liked the part where my computer slows down to 45 FPS every time Unzans fists come on screen. Its worst at the final card where the framerate dips all the way to 45 because of the two heads and the fists and all that. King Kraken Strike is a bit more merciful but it still lags a bit. And unlike the final card which is easy, KKS is actually difficult and lag is the worst thing that can happen here since it will throw off my timing and feel for movement speed. Which is damned annoying.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:41:19 AM by Zengeku »

mikeKOSA

« Reply #670 on: September 15, 2011, 11:16:58 AM »
There's nothing like seeing a blue ufo runs away with your point items.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #671 on: September 15, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »
> Still very new to the games.
> Reaching Yuyuko with 3 full continues left (achievement! screw youmu).
> Dying completely slightly before Butterfly Resurrection.

"Man".

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #672 on: September 15, 2011, 03:34:16 PM »
> Capture Miko's last card with Youmu, no vertical, no focus, in spell practice
> hit down instead of up, therefore selecting "give up and retry" instead of "save replay"

"....."

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #673 on: September 15, 2011, 11:48:28 PM »
I am playing so disgustingly today

A death to Parsee
A death to Minoriko
Two deaths to Satori
Failing a Phantasm Run at the fourth wave of Danmaku Bounded Field (with a full set of bombs in stock
Two deaths to Phantasm Ran

WHY DOES THE SPELL CARD INVOCATION NOISE MAKE ME BOMB
WHAT IN THE HELL

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #674 on: September 16, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
I didn't even get the 15-piece extend!!
No wonder I'm having so much trouble in this game.
There is no way I'm 1cc'ing with only 5 lives.
And just as I was happy to finally no death the first 2 stages, GRRR Stage 3 and Yoshika ate 3 lives away.

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2011, 01:02:19 PM »
Alright, wtf is wrong with me and Ten Desires? I tried to win it on EASY and I'm dying blind idiot deaths all around stage 4 and game-overing on stage 5. About 100% of these deaths are me ramming something (bullet, faerie, boss) while trying to collect the spirits.

« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2011, 05:40:27 PM »
Are you kidding, EoSD? That was so a bomb. I bombed before I died on Q.E.D. But you decided to just let me die with two bombs in stock. I hate you so much.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #677 on: September 17, 2011, 01:33:34 AM »
Dear Nazrin,

Please go fucking kill yourself.

Love,
                                       Paper_Conan

« Reply #678 on: September 17, 2011, 10:05:36 PM »
Just died twice to Yukari's first stupid spellcard after one of the best stage runs I have had in a long time.

Cue Ragequit.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #679 on: September 18, 2011, 03:50:35 AM »
MoF Hard. Pretty much a perfect run going into Sanae with 956M, then died at her opener. wtf? that shit is harder than its lunatic counterpart due to those slow bullets creating more "walls". Same goes for Kanako's 3rd nonspell.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #680 on: September 18, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »
About a dozen UFO hard stage 1 restarts, for various reasons ranging form stupidness in the stage to dying AT LEAST once to ANY AND EVERY SPELL THROUGH MIDBOSS KOGASA
which before this session, I had perfect capture records on Busy Rod, Gold Detector and Kogasa's midboss spell.

...and the session ends with a run that gets all the way to ST. Nikou's Air Scroll, before Game Overing with a bomb in stock.  I had 2 stupid deaths with bombs in stock  right before/at Shou, which combined would have given me an additional life to work with, which would have been enough to reach LFS with a life in stock.  2 deathbombs during the Byakuren battle, Ichirin killed me THREE times, and Murasa went well, as usual.

« Reply #681 on: September 18, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »
Why is Route B-1 in GFW about 5 times harder than other route!? Seriously? The Star Sapphire fight is *retarded*, it's just three spellcards of random bullshit. Twinkle Sapphire cost me 4 lives on that last run.
Quote from Myosotis:

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #682 on: September 18, 2011, 07:27:16 PM »
Oh hi Ten Desires. Why am I sucking so much right now? Shall I come back when it's 0400?

« Reply #683 on: September 18, 2011, 07:44:44 PM »
REMILIA WILL YOU STAY THE FUCK STILL ONE FOR ONE SECOND!!?
Quote from Myosotis:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #684 on: September 19, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »
UFO hard Stage 3.
I HATE THIS STAGE IT'S STUPID AND DUMB

EDIT: CHOOOOOOOOOKE!  another 2-3 seconds would have been a 1cc... Why'd I:
die with full bombs on stage 2 while grabbing a UFO
not bomb Kraken Strike until after dying
not destroy that green UFO at the start of Stage 6
die with bombs in stock on Byakuren's second nonspell

ANY ONE of those would have meant I 1cced UFO hard...and now I have to get there again.

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #685 on: September 20, 2011, 09:14:41 AM »
Dear Orin, why are you so difficult?

Vengeful Cannibal Spirit can go to hell

« Reply #686 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »
Vengeful Cannibal Spirit can go to hell

But that is by far the easiest card she has. There are Stage 2 cards more difficult than this one. Before UFO. Are you sure you just don't know how to handle it?
Go check out a replay. I believe that you should be able to handle it with ease if you get the right approach down.

« Reply #687 on: September 20, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
I was doing a pacifist attempt at Shizuha when Marisa showed up, then THIS happened :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbJx9vfTuMM
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Byaaakuren

• Animu List
« Reply #688 on: September 20, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
But that is by far the easiest card she has. There are Stage 2 cards more difficult than this one. Before UFO. Are you sure you just don't know how to handle it?
Go check out a replay. I believe that you should be able to handle it with ease if you get the right approach down.

I didn't think it's that hard, but when it's 0500 and about to go to sleep, not being able to get past Stage 5 and unlock it for practice made me frustrated :V

« Reply #689 on: September 20, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »
Oh, is that the case? Then...

Dear Orin, why are you so difficult?

Because you are playing at 5 AM. Missing out on sleep can make you suck you know?...
which is why I miss out on sleep everyday yeah. :colonveeplusalpha: