Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 139995 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #630 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
Urgh. What the fuck, that Ultra patch makes Aya completely ridiculous. I don't see how any of this is supposed to be dodgable. Damn, it would be nice and convinient if you could turn off that auto-bombing so you don't blow the attacks away before you get a chance to try and dodge them.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #631 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
Urgh. What the fuck, that Ultra patch makes Aya completely ridiculous. I don't see how any of this is supposed to be dodgable. Damn, it would be nice and convinient if you could turn off that auto-bombing so you don't blow the attacks away before you get a chance to try and dodge them.

Saruta Cross, 2nd nonspell and Stormy day is doable. Dunno about everything else.

« Reply #632 on: September 09, 2011, 10:45:08 AM »
I agree about Storm Day. Also Saruta Cross. 2nd non-spell dies so quickly if you bomb so I never got to attempt dodging it.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #633 on: September 09, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
1st nonspell seems doable too. It involves redirecting bullets and making tight dodges. Also, almost capped Ultra PWG.

2nd non-spell dies so quickly if you bomb so I never got to attempt dodging it.

Well, you might want to be at 4.xx power and hope Aya stays on top of you. That way you can end the attack before you get walled on the 2nd wave.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:15:27 AM by Aizo »

« Reply #634 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
MoF's Ultra Patch isn't really playable.

Storm Day is easier on it BTW, unless it's been updated since I got it.

Edit:

Suwa War :(

Also in a different run, I timed her final card down to 2 seconds left then died.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:16:14 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

« Reply #635 on: September 09, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Did anyone else try MoF Extra with Ultra Patch? I think clearing with 4 extra lives could be possible if you use ReimuB.
My ReimuA antics has gotten me a 2 extra lives 0 bombs clear, but I can't even seem to get close to that anymore :colonveeplusalpha:
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #636 on: September 09, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
4 spare lives should be legitimately possible. I think you could do 5 spare lives with TAS.

« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
4 spare lives should be legitimately possible. I think you could do 5 spare lives with TAS.

Agreed, but who cares about TASing anyway?  :V
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
How would you go about 4 lives? There is too much BS for that. Oh maybe not, but that would require perfection on pretty much anything else.

« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »
Because the only spellcard in Ultra Suwako's fight that is truly BS is Froggy. The others are at least theoretically possible, but there's some other stuff that's pretty much BS as well.

And as for Normal Suwako, why can I not stop derping 7 stones, Froggy, and Suwa War?

« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2011, 08:43:57 PM »
Because the only spellcard in Ultra Suwako's fight that is truly BS is Froggy. The others are at least theoretically possible, but there's some other stuff that's pretty much BS as well.

And as for Normal Suwako, why can I not stop derping 7 stones, Froggy, and Suwa War?

at least you didn't fail mishaguji-sama after capturing everything but that
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:39 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks midboss Nue is harder than Mamizou?

Because seriously.

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
« Reply #642 on: September 10, 2011, 12:24:12 AM »
Hey! Sunflower Fairies right before Seiga!

FUCK YOU.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #643 on: September 10, 2011, 12:53:12 AM »

Because seriously.
I think Nue's difficulty is more concentrated, but I consistently capture 1 of her 3 spells.  Mamizou I consistently get at least half of her attacks, but 2-3 of her 10 spells.

While uploading my GFW extra clear, I noticed that I got clipped by the very edge of an orb on Big Crunch.  I'd been closer to the center and not been hit without invincibility, so what the heck ZUN?

Also, choking on Suwa War with around 10 seconds left.  Because I streamed down-left instead of just left.  It's not fair.

EDIT: Attempted PCB no bombs normal, get to Yuyuko with 4 lives, get to Repository with 2, die twice to it, game over on her last spell before Reflowering.  WHY AM I BETTER AT REPOSITORY ON LUNATIC THAN ON NORMAL

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #644 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:53 AM »
I can't figure out for the life of me why I can't clear TD Ultra Normal even after doing PCB Ultra Hard  :(

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #645 on: September 10, 2011, 06:02:11 AM »
Alright, so the next chucklefuck who thinks it will be hilarious to make fairies that fire rings nonstop all the way to the bottom of the screen will need to get punched in the face. 

It's that bad for me.  Fuck.

« Reply #646 on: September 10, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »

How would go about Croaking? The first survival card is also pretty wtf for me.
Also, while the 2nd card isn't absolute BS I'd still expect a few bombs on that one due to how goddamn pixel perfect you need to be.

Nah. Midboss Nue has only one hard card. Mamizou at least has a bunch of tricky attacks. Its not her non-spells though. I've seen stages in that game that are more original.

« Reply #647 on: September 10, 2011, 02:32:56 PM »
I think you could dodge Croaking with luck or TAS. I did almost dodge a wave of it during a clear just to derp one of the last things I had to dodge in it.

And although I do not think Red Frog is BS, I could be wrong. I was able to last until there were 2 without being hit, but I didn't figure out how to do the part after that.

« Reply #648 on: September 10, 2011, 02:49:36 PM »
DAMNIT FUCK YOU MOKOU

Why do you insist on being absolutely impossible to no-death?

I reach Phoenix Tail with three bombs in stock, bomb the card once. Okay, I can't capture that one every time. Fine. Rings of death, two bombs, move on. Capture Fujiyama Volcano and Possessed by Phoenix, those are easy, and so is Hourai Doll, so close, I'm going to do it...

...get hit by Hourai Doll, not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. WHAT IS THAT.

« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2011, 07:42:17 PM »
I think you could dodge Croaking with luck or TAS.

You could do the same with Froggy as well. They're both obscenely difficult. I would argue Croaking is worse than Froggy though.

« Reply #650 on: September 11, 2011, 10:15:19 AM »
Agreed. With Froggy I can at least dodge for a few seconds before getting hit.

« Reply #651 on: September 11, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
Remilia, stop fucking killing me at your opener when I have 3 bombs in stock. It's getting old.

« Reply #652 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
u-uu... everyone else dying at les fail times than me...
Shikieiki loves to rape me with danmaku ):
4 lives and she still kicked my ass...
-sighs-

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #653 on: September 12, 2011, 01:50:58 AM »
What the hell

A death to Suwa War at 00 -_-

That, and dying with Mishaguji-sama at 2s left before clear

That, and dying to Red Frog at 02.

tasukete

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
« Reply #654 on: September 12, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »
Remilia, stop fucking killing me at your opener when I have 3 bombs in stock. It's getting old.
This is so me. I misread the hitboxes in her opener all the time. I kind of lost the count of how many times I find a "safe" place, stop there to look to the next wave and then pichuun.

« Reply #655 on: September 12, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
Guys. When it comes to Remilia, a word of the wise is; Get those bombs used. Remilia's spams bullets that are so easy to misread since their hitbox is different in the rest of the series. In a situation like this, its better to just bomb pre-emptively.

My personal experiences is getting killed with bombs in stock because I didn't bomb because I was certain I was fine. I wasn't because EoSD hitboxes.

Cykyrios

• 猫巫女霊夢
  • にゃにゃにゃにゃにゃん
« Reply #656 on: September 12, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
Just got killed by Remilia, I was about to 1cc... >.>
Damn you Remilia, eat my bombs!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #657 on: September 13, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
My inability to 1cc UFO normal with MarisaB is really getting annoying.  Just had a 3rd failure to Flying Fantastica, with about a half dozen stupid deaths with bombs in stock.  Murasa went horribly, Ichirin went 1DNB, Kogasa was 1DNB, Shou went about as well as you'd expect, and Byakuren got a cheap hit on me on the first spell and the final nonspell.
I've 1cced every other windows Touhou game on every possible normal with every shot type, so WHY IS THIS ONE SO HARD!?!?!?

Also, why is UFO hard so, well, hard?  SA hard I cleared in about 5 tries, 10D hard in about 5, MoF hard in about 10 (mostly due to VoWG), UFO hard I can't get through Stage 3!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #658 on: September 14, 2011, 04:26:01 AM »
Also, why is UFO hard so, well, hard?  SA hard I cleared in about 5 tries, 10D hard in about 5, MoF hard in about 10 (mostly due to VoWG), UFO hard I can't get through Stage 3!

The early stages of UFO aren't filler. The difficulty actually exists!
And then Murasa is standard fare, Shou is WOAH RADIANT TREASURE GUN. Byakuren... Hope you have plenty of bombs!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #659 on: September 14, 2011, 04:33:25 AM »
The early stages of UFO aren't filler. The difficulty actually exists!
I'm still making way more mistakes than I should be, as I've captured everything through Stage 2 but ALWAYS die to it stupidly somewhere, Ichirin has too many lasers/pink bullets behind pink fists that I can't see.  I fail at reading lasers too.  I'm sure if I could GET to Stage 4, I'd make a million stupid mistakes there too.

Also, I just tried to perfect IN easy, died to Red Eyes Hypnosis, which I find HARDER on easy/normal than on hard/lunatic.  Ended up missing one of Kaguya's last spells too (the 4th one), which brought my total score to a million short of a billion points.  Much rage was had over the combination of stupid mistakes.