Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou Equipment  (Read 2831 times)

Labyrinth of Touhou Equipment
« on: May 09, 2015, 05:55:51 PM »
I have a question. While beating the bosses, I tried to get the specific drops of them but so far I failed to get the "Blade Cuisinart" from the 2f boss.
Each time I didn't get it, I restarted the game (by pressing "esc") and re-battled the boss.

So the I want to know how the drop chance works/whether it resets after I quit the game immediately or if I'm stuck in this loop of never getting the drop.

Thanks...

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou Equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 02:00:38 AM »
The drop rate is a fixed percentage. I assume that by 2F boss, you mean Youmu. She has the drop rate of 25% means that there is a chance that 25 in 100 battles will get you the drop.

In the first Labyrinth of Touhou, there is no way to increase the drop rate, sadly. However, you can always retry the battle to get the drop. It just depend on your luck.

On unrelated note, we already have a Labyrinth of Touhou forum so post there next time if you have a question.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 07:00:15 AM »
Ok thank you.

Where can I find the forum?

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 07:05:02 AM »
In the Help Me Eirin! board, there is one topic labeled "Labyrinth of Touhou - 14F". That is the current Labyrinth of Touhou forum.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:39:01 AM by Kageshirou »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:11:35 AM »
I think you failed to answer the op's question and they are being too nice to say so. Some games set a random 'seed' that do NOT reset if you quit and relaunch a game... so that quitting and reloading and doing something again will give you the SAME result every time (%s be damned...yes the %s are accurate but quitting and reloading will not give you 'additional chances', but will simply recalculate the last one).

In any case... quitting, reloading, and re-beating the boss fight CAN give you different loot drops, to answer what I THINK was your question was (If I'm wrong, feel free to tie my shoelaces between both shoes when I'm not looking then point and laugh when I fall on my face).

That said, I personally hate cheating in games but for things like this I have no shame in admitting I use cheat engine (albeit after beating the game once 'clean' first...so clean that I do not reload for new drops because I didn't know they even existed on a first playthru!) to just 'get' the drops I'm hoping to get from 1-time shot encounters that I would otherwise be willing to reload for, but only one...

that also said, blade cuisinart is not really a worthy boss drop to go thru so much trouble for. ordinary knight enemies in future floors drop them, and ordinary knight enemies appear in virtually every future floor, except the ones that drop better items like blue saber or scourge or whatever! the NEXT touhou girl boss on the other hand drops forbidden tablet, which IS a fairly difficult to obtain via ordinary means until far far later item, so maybe you should try to get hers =)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:18:30 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 05:41:01 AM »
Well... it doesn't matter now. I just re-fought Youmu on the next day and got the drop. (I DO care about getting everything the boss can drop, even if I could get it on future floors.)
Also, I was lucky with getting the Forbidden Tablet on my first success at beating Alice. And now I'm stuck at Yuugi.