Author Topic: A Quick Question  (Read 3772 times)

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
A Quick Question
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
Hey Guys i was wondering if i managed to set up Danmakufu on my computer and started to Play around with it who would want to join me and team up to make a small fan game? Cause i have always wanted to work with a group of people and produce something special with them and form friendships whilst doing so.

So what do ya say? I Looking forward to hearing from you guys and i'm hoping to become a lot more active in this place on a practical level~

People i would like assistance from are people who can make music or sprites as well as someone who could help out with story development im alittle skilled with drawing however my art isnt of a touhou style so i would mostly come under being a programmer and extremely eager to learn how to use the danmakufu engine
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:47:58 PM by Midnight_Sparky »

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
Re: A Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
I'll consider it, but i'm not sure. :P
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »
I'll consider it, but i'm not sure. :P

Could you contact me if you decide to team up?  cause i would really appreciate it because i enjoy making new friends with similar interests!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
Just a suggestion, but you have more luck with this if you share details like what kind of game you want to make, what you would need people for what tasks, and so forth. People tend to be more willing to participate in a project when they have some idea what it is.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 05:36:38 PM »
Well im not entirely sure on what the game will come out like but i do know its going to be a denmaku game/ top down shooter and that i would mainly need people who can assist with music, sprites and coding

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
Another suggestion, if you want people to work with, it's a good idea to show what you can do yourself.
So I can make some sprite if you need (I'm not really good but I can make ZUN level characters if they are not to complexs). Also I can make bullets sprites (but only sprite because shot scripts are a pain to do -_-)

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »
Another suggestion, if you want people to work with, it's a good idea to show what you can do yourself.
So I can make some sprite if you need (I'm not really good but I can make ZUN level characters if they are not to complexs). Also I can make bullets sprites (but only sprite because shot scripts are a pain to do -_-)

May i ask exactly what ya mean by show what i can do? as in game wise? casue i have made a game project im working on now but its not danmakufu instead its using game maker: studio and my ar style is like this: http://the-alicorn-artist.deviantart.com/art/Luna-525246183

Sorry if im a pain on these forums i'm very much new to actually asking for help here

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:28:32 PM »
I'll consider it.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
I mean what you can do in term of danmakufu coding, patterns, etc. It's easier to get help (and espacially a team) for your project if you can show your own skill. I'm on another game making community and it always very advised to start by presenting your skills/project before asking help. But it's just an advice. Not an obligation =).

And your not a pain ;)

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 07:37:25 PM »
I mean what you can do in term of danmakufu coding, patterns, etc. It's easier to get help (and espacially a team) for your project if you can show your own skill. I'm on another game making community and it always very advised to start by presenting your skills/project before asking help. But it's just an advice. Not an obligation =).

And your not a pain ;)

Well like i said i haven't used danmakufu before just yet and im wanting to learn it QoQ however i have more coding skill using Game maker studio if you want the demo for my mini game Lunatic midnight just say and i will post a link to it here or something ^u^

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 08:03:48 PM »
Not to be rude, but you need to hone your skills in Danmakufu first before even attempting a fangame in it. The fact that you haven't tried the engine yet is off putting for anyone wanting to work with you in it. Why should anyone partner up with a person in using a scripting engine when the partner has no skill in it.

When group projects are concerned, its less about friendships and meeting new people, its more about working together to get the project done. Everyone contributes an equal share whatever that may be.

In short, just pick up the engine, get used to the framework and general setup and then come back with plans for a new game. Also, when pitching the idea of a game, no one will come to you just because you said, "Hey I want someone to collab on a game with me". Show evidence of what the game is, what its about, and what you need from those who will be participating.

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 08:50:16 PM »
Like Sage Ultima said, it's better to learn the base before asking for a team =). But if you need some littles things I can eventually try to do to help you (but not really as a team member, must like an occasional assistance. I'm already flooded with personnal and serious team project ><).
Furthermore I think others people will help you if you have questions or problems about danmakufu ;)

Midnight_Sparky

• Hello there frand
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »
Yeah i understand everything you guys have said. I was just looking for someone who can help out with music and such. but i guess i'm most likely going to have to try and learn how to do that myself as i'm not to big of a fan to constantly make unfinished projects and uploading them as some people might frown upon them for being unfinished thats why i try to do even small little projects and even though it's not using the same engine i was still hoping people would see what i have done on Game maker and help out a little bit as hey are problems that isn't fully engine based.

I was also calling out a little bit to people that might be where who doesn't have a lot of experience and wants to find a tiny project to work with.

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »
I would love to help the music
But your planning is still kinda vague, so yeah...
Not really trust your project yet...