Author Topic: What Touhou songs would you take with you on a trek/long walk.  (Read 2701 times)

Just what it says, what Touhou songs would you listen to during a long walk (in any environment). I hope this isn't odd or too specific. I'l start with my personal choices.

Crimson Belvedere

I'm not sure why but something about this song makes me want to live life to it's fullest, a sensation that I typically feel when walking around in a park or field, so I feel that it compliments it quite well.

The Gensokyo the Gods Loved

Whenever I run around the nearby fields (either because I feel like doing so, or because I'm getting chase by a big dog...) this tune plays in my head as my heart starts racing.

Sooo, how about you?

Marron

• Ordinary crow
Re: What Touhou songs would you take with you on a trek/long walk.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
Good question.

I guess that would depend of the situation like where I am, what is the scenrey, how the sky is...

If it is a long walk on the route I would listen to Sunfall, the unused stage 2 track from Touhou 2, or Dreamy Pilot.

If it's a walk with snow EVERYWHERE, definitely Paradise Deep Mountain.

For a  walk where there is many flowers during the day, I think I would listen to Flowering Night.(I don't know why, I always see that song playing the day instead of the night)

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:40:49 AM »
Seconding The Gensokyo the Gods Loved -- to me, this is a song about celebrating the beauty of outdoors and the natural world. In context, in Mountain of Faith it comes after the dark and claustrophobic Stage 2 (I'm thinking of both the music and the bullet patterns in terms of setting the mood -- it's amazing how well they go together throughout the game, but that's another topic!) and suddenly it's as if a curtain opens in front of you and you're staring into this gorgeous valley. I well remember the shiver that ran down my spine the first time I reached this stage  :)

Unsurprisingly, its partner song, Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's Kappa, is another of my picks. It's a water song with a strong, flowing melody, great for keeping up one's energy  :)

And since my third pick ought to be from a different game, The capital city of flowers in the sky is another beautiful open, expansive "outdoorsy" song. I can just imagine closing my eyes and letting its dreamy melody carry me all the way to my destination....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:44:35 AM by Mikuru »

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 01:09:42 AM »
Drunk as I Like and its variation Argue For and Against.

Both are upbeat themes that are perfect for daily life tasks. I often play them when I walk to school :3

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 01:54:58 AM »
I actually play Magical Storm and occasionally Lost Emotion in my head, alongside other songs, during my running routines. The former is probably my favorite song from DDC, and the latter is long enough to help pass the time. But the most useful part is they're the perfect beat for me to time my steps to. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

FLASH

• Still looking for the Hakurei shrine...
  • So close
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »
all of them!  :D that includes all the endless Fan remixes too!

love trekking, and when i do i always bring music with me. often, it's touhou music, i just choose whatever song depending on my mood or on what i'm seeing.

special mention to Yoshika's stage theme (let's go live in a lovely cemetary) who is especially great for rainy day walks i find.  :3

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 01:09:25 PM »
I have all soundtracks in my player at all times, and usually listen to them whole when going to/from work. But if there is one theme that is always a go-to theme for me, it's the original version of

Spring Lane ~ Colorful Path

It's both soft and uplifting, not to mention rhythmical. It feels like a theme of going on a journey, and makes sure you enjoy it all the way through.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 01:18:04 PM »
My absolute favourite in stage themes, The Shining Needle Castle Sinking in the Air would be my 'must have'. I adore every minute of it and I could listen to it forever~

I would also take a lot of other themes, like Onibashira in Fairyland or Native Faith and whole bunch of other themes. I don't think memory of my phone would be able to take them all...
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Tribow

• pichuun
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
Desire Drive

I actually jog around with this song all the time.
There's other songs I do this with, but Desire Drive seems to get me into it the most.

I also listen to a TON of fan remixes to jog around with too.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »
I'm also got to back The Gensokyo the Gods Loved as that immediately popped into my head after reading the title.  Bhava-agra As Seen Through a Child's Mind also came to mind.  And that one gets me pumped.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
Since most of my walking takes place at night, I often go for Imperishable Night's soundtrack; in particular, everything from Stage 5 onwards. But especially Voyage 1969 and Gensokyo Millenium - History of the Moon. It really perfectly sets the mood, especially on clear nights.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MetalStudios

• The Paladin of Phantasm
  • One day I'll get better
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »
A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry
Such a fantastic theme, it's both upbeat and calming at the same time

Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea
Very beautiful theme full of a lot of energy, really helps my mind work when I'm just thinking of nothing in particular

Spring Lane ~ Colorful Path
I'm quite fond of this one as well, very upbeat

Gensokyo Past and Present ~ Flower Land
Something about this theme is surprisingly soothing to me

This goes to remixes of said themes as well, ESPECIALLY the Gensou Maroku ~ Devil of Decline versions, those themes are just beautiful
"Do you believe in gravity? That there's a reason why we meet?"

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 12:26:20 AM »
Hartmann's Youkai Girl
Since I want to keep my sanity during the trip.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
The Tiger Patterned Vaisravana or Youkai Mountain ~ Mysterious Mountain when running or jogging
Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple or Green-Eyed Jealousy when walking normally

Tsuken Yasashi

• Student of War
  • Ready to start fightin' for real?
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 03:13:59 AM »
Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship
It will make you feel like you're flyyyying!

The Purest Sky and Sea
Its like as if one has completed a run and has accomplished something when they reached the end line.

Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
Gotta fight the fatigue, and what better way to do so than a song that keeps ya goin~

Between Two Dimensions - Arc One Complete

"War is a grave affair of state; it is a place of life and death, a road to survival and extinction.  A matter to be pondered carefully..."  -Sun Tzu's Art of War

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 09:04:09 AM »
The Stage 1 themes from PCB, IN, and UFO. They're not specifically my favorites, but they're energetic and I think stage 1 themes are good for quickly feeling motivated (which I assume isn't a coincidence, seeing as they're made as the first songs you hear when starting a run)

The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky and Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple because I love the airiness and the pace to them (I like the airy feel of the PCB soundtrack in general)

Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall, not sure why

The Bridge People No Longer Cross. Again not sure why, maybe because it feels mystical/magical

Lullaby of a Deserted Hell because it's calming and cheerful

The Sealed Cloud Route, kinda for the same reasons as The Bridge People No Longer Cross

Sky Ruin, because I love this song and it sounds like a traveling one to me

The Traditional Old Man and the Stylish Girl. Usually I wouldn't pick a boss theme for a walk but this one has a cool folk feel to it and IMO it retains the airy feel of its stage theme Sky Ruin

Welcome to Youkai Temple. I kinda associate this with purposeful walking, maybe 'cause its stage background involves a wide path

Let's Live in a Lovely Cemetery, for the same reasons as Lullaby of a Deserted Hell

Magical Storm. I love this song and its airy, cloudy feel

Most those songs weren't any of my particular favorites, but I guess the fact I don't listen to them as often makes them more mystical, which is part of why I think would keep me going on a walk :P