Author Topic: Time To Atone For Your Sins, MotK  (Read 133677 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: Time To Atone For Your Sins, MotK
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »
The Yama would be tempted to say you've been punished enough, but a sin is a sin and must be atoned for. As you have committed the sin of blindly following authority, you must listen to and analyze this song. I await your reasoned critique.
This song represents everything that I am except for the "paid" part. An individual with a scientific background is working for any one of a number of companies that relies on such people to keep their organization up and running. However, work has left him stressed while the company itself is milking the scientist dry. He also has the misfortune of working for a company that treats all of its employees like cogs in a wheel, regardless of effort or function. The stress has begun to wrack his nerves to a degree that he is highly considering action, but is balking due to the potential repercussions, allowing the stress to build. Though the scientist has obligations, the paycheck from this company is not worth the toll it is taking on the scientist.

That's the last time time I suffer through a 2-3 hour daily commute for a thankless chump like my last supervisor anyhow. Also, the lyricist's voice emits a secondary pitch at the resonant frequency of the human eardrum.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
I failed to beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES yesterday.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 11:12:11 PM »
I have forgotten what people have told me to do because my memory is horrible. What should i do, Eiki?

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
I play Touhou for score.

pineyappled

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
I can't find any motivation to do anything, ever.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
I haven't been able to get to sleep until like 2am recently, and even then, reluctantly.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »
The Yama has a terrible hat.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 11:51:43 PM »

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »
I lurk too much and almost never post.
Please have mercy on my wretched soul.

Is the upside-down Hungarian flag in the background intentional? :getdown:
<-- Sig by Suikama

JT

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 12:16:40 AM »
It was supposed to be the Italian flag, but I was too lazy to check Wikipedia and see that the bars are actually vertical. :I

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 12:26:58 AM »
Oh, so, you think I'm going to make you write a love poem to Amelia Earhart? Nice try, Mr. Reverse Psychology. No, your penance is to clear the first five levels of this game and screencap and post results.

Okay, to be honest, I didn't actually complete any of the levels leading up to this, but used the "skip this level" option after failing them multiple times.

And honestly I'm not that into Amelia anyway; I appreciate her accomplishments, but focusing on her alone means ignoring a lot of other women who contributed to aviation history, such as Harriet Quimby, Bessie Coleman, or Tiny Broadwick.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2012, 01:54:44 AM »
I often eat for the sake of eating instead of hunger.

Ok I lied, I ALWAYS eat for the sake of eating instead of hunger.

FOOD IS JUST SO DELICIOUS, GODDAMNIT!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2012, 01:58:13 AM »
Agh, I'll atone my sin as soon as I can
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2012, 03:49:59 AM »
I broke a part on my Figma Aya Shameimaru. Specifically, the pen broke off the hand. When my parents find that out... ;_;
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2012, 04:11:19 AM »
Tengushiki, I just reached a 5-star Wanted level with every gang AND the police in Saints Row 3.

WHAT DO?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2012, 04:54:57 AM »

I have not fully updated Elements of Gensokyo. Or my NaNoWriMo word count.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2012, 05:18:23 AM »
I literally have at least 20+ story ideas on paper and in my head and I haven't finished a single one. :ohdear:

Minch

• Your #1 Idiot Child.
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »
I love plotting the death of my enemies just to make me feel better. The gruesome the better.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2012, 06:14:39 AM »
I've lurked without posting for the entire latter half of the summer and into fall... without even being motivated enough to post the reasons for vanishing, much less showing my face anywhere when I easily could have.  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 07:19:48 AM by InfernalExuro »
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
I notice you wrote that in English. But being Canadian, and Canada being officially a bilingual country, you surely must also know French, too, don't you? Compose, then, a poem for Dormio in French, of any length (yes, haiku also counts).
I-I don't know any french actually uhm.. let me ask my good friend Google.

D est pour le nombre de morts dans l'ensemble de vos qu?tes
O est pour la fa?on dont vous allez me faire la bouche en d?tresse
R est pour la rage contre vous vous sentez lucker DotA noobs
M est pour le mouthiness vous criez quand vous perdez
I est pour moi parce que vous-m?me est num?ro un
O est pour quelque oh les gars nous allons simplement vous amuser ~

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »

French canadian here, allow me to chuckle at how half of it doesn't make sense.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2012, 02:10:55 PM »
I savescum when I play Nethack when I get bored of dying every time on the first six levels...
The only time I've ever beat Nethack was when I savescummed through the game.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
I accidentally a whole bottle of tropical strength manuka honey, the whole bottle, is this bad?
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
Some days ago I let Tails die by drowning when I was playing Sonic 2 , what should I do to save my damned soul?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »
I accidentally a whole bottle of tropical strength manuka honey, the whole bottle, is this bad?

That's a thing?  I always thought my Aussie and Kiwi friends were just making this shit up.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »
The Yama is very hungover back from consulting with the gods. Time to hand out some penance and absolution!

But it's the saying of the blessings that's causing a crisis of faith - that is bringing faith into my atheism.  My sin isn't against being a good Jew, it's against being a good atheist.   :ohdear: :doushio:

The Yama appreciates the clarification. In that case, your penance is to post a photo of yourself imitating Richard Dawkins making his smuggest smug face.

I yell at people for liking things I don't like that are bad. The things are bad, not the people. But the people are sometimes bad too but that's only a correlation.

Ah, an all-too common sin. For your penance, you must think of a game which you do not like and give us 5 sincerely good qualities about said game.

Oh great and mighty Eiki, I beseech ye!  I am guilty of making an inane and overly formal post to a person pretending to be a character of a fictional series!

How must I cleanse myself!?

This is getting very meta for the Yama. For your penance, go to Metacritic and select one movie review, arguing why they are wrong.

This song represents everything that I am except for the "paid" part. An individual with a scientific background is working for any one of a number of companies that relies on such people to keep their organization up and running. However, work has left him stressed while the company itself is milking the scientist dry. He also has the misfortune of working for a company that treats all of its employees like cogs in a wheel, regardless of effort or function. The stress has begun to wrack his nerves to a degree that he is highly considering action, but is balking due to the potential repercussions, allowing the stress to build. Though the scientist has obligations, the paycheck from this company is not worth the toll it is taking on the scientist.

That's the last time time I suffer through a 2-3 hour daily commute for a thankless chump like my last supervisor anyhow. Also, the lyricist's voice emits a secondary pitch at the resonant frequency of the human eardrum.

Congratulations, Reddyne! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

I failed to beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES yesterday.

Penance for this sin is easy: you must beat Ninja Gaiden, and post proof of such.

I have forgotten what people have told me to do because my memory is horrible. What should i do, Eiki?

This is understandable, but must be atoned for. For your penance, you must play this game until you achieve a percentage of 75% or higher, and post results.

I play Touhou for score.

Disgraceful. For your penance, you must play SA for graze through all six stages. Post results, and if your graze count impresses the Yama, you will be absolved.

I can't find any motivation to do anything, ever.

Seems to be a lot of this going around. For your penance, you must post a photo of the least clean room in your home, clean it, and then post another photo showing the results.

I haven't been able to get to sleep until like 2am recently, and even then, reluctantly.

For your penance, you must read Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-Tale Heart, and write a brief sequel in the style of a Michael Bay film.

The Yama has a terrible hat.

The Yama rather likes her hat, and you have zero taste. For your penance, you must bear this avatar.

The Yama is confused. Can you clarify your sin here?

I lurk too much and almost never post.
Please have mercy on my wretched soul.

The sin of shyness, I see. For your penance, you must go to the board where you lurk the least and make five substantial, contributive, non-spammy posts.

Okay, to be honest, I didn't actually complete any of the levels leading up to this, but used the "skip this level" option after failing them multiple times.

And honestly I'm not that into Amelia anyway; I appreciate her accomplishments, but focusing on her alone means ignoring a lot of other women who contributed to aviation history, such as Harriet Quimby, Bessie Coleman, or Tiny Broadwick.

Congratulations, TAC! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

I often eat for the sake of eating instead of hunger.

Ok I lied, I ALWAYS eat for the sake of eating instead of hunger.

FOOD IS JUST SO DELICIOUS, GODDAMNIT!

The sin of gluttony. Terrible. For your penance, you must find one vegan recipe, prepare it, and post results here in the form of a photo.

I broke a part on my Figma Aya Shameimaru. Specifically, the pen broke off the hand. When my parents find that out... ;_;

This is a most egregious sin. For your penance, you must write a brief, fawning fanfic about the reporter tengu.

Tengushiki, I just reached a 5-star Wanted level with every gang AND the police in Saints Row 3.

WHAT DO?

So it seems you've managed to piss everyone off in this video game world. For your penance, you must draw a picture of Matt Dillon in Boondock Saints eating a hot dog as he is about to be hit by a bus.

And as the Yama only doles out penance one sin at a time, new penances for your new sins will be given only after you'v atoned for this one.

I have not fully updated Elements of Gensokyo. Or my NaNoWriMo word count.

Well, this is simple: for your penance, you must update them.

I love plotting the death of my enemies just to make me feel better. The gruesome the better.

Hi Minch! For your penance, you must think of your worst enemy, and provide us with five workable good qualities about him or her.

I've lurked without posting for the entire latter half of the summer and into fall... without even being motivated enough to post the reasons for vanishing, much less showing my face anywhere when I easily could have.  :ohdear:

You must do the same penance as marukyuu.

I-I don't know any french actually uhm.. let me ask my good friend Google.

Congratulations, Shadoweh! That is some terrible, terrible French. Nonetheless, a deal is a deal. You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

I savescum when I play Nethack when I get bored of dying every time on the first six levels...
The only time I've ever beat Nethack was when I savescummed through the game.

Now this is a sin the Yama can relate to. For your penance, you must get as far as you can as a female Healer, and post results.

It is indeed very bad. For your penance, mix together a glass of milk with Pepsi, and down the whole thing in one go. Post photos to prove you have done this.

Some days ago I let Tails die by drowning when I was playing Sonic 2 , what should I do to save my damned soul?

How could you do that to Tails?! For your penance, you must make a drawing in the style of Chris-chan, of Sonic saving Tails from drowning.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »
This is understandable, but must be atoned for. For your penance, you must play this game until you achieve a percentage of 75% or higher, and post results.
Oh lord, this is gonna take so much time. I have tried twice so far and have only scored around 30%.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 06:38:55 PM »
>Beat Ninja Gaiden

Given that attempting this previously led to something resembling a mental breakdown, can I request a less impossible challenge?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
Oh lord, this is gonna take so much time. I have tried twice so far and have only scored around 30%.

Let's say 50%.

>Beat Ninja Gaiden

Given that attempting this previously led to something resembling a mental breakdown, can I request a less impossible challenge?

Fine, write a Ninja Gaiden fanfic.

Less whining, more penancing!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 07:01:32 PM »
Let's say 50%.

Fine, write a Ninja Gaiden fanfic.

Less whining, more penancing!

50% is significantly more doable, I just managed it myself. Incidentally, that's a fun little memory game. There's a little more challenge in assigning "values" to the animations, which is probably the trick to it.

Also I am totally perfect and never sin ever =D. Aren't I a perfect little angel <3?