Author Topic: VirusChris' Touhou Spriteworks  (Read 4641 times)

VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
VirusChris' Touhou Spriteworks
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:19:32 AM »
Reimu Hakurei RMVX-Style Sprite WIP:

Hey there! This is my first Touhou artwork uploaded here! This is a sprite I've made of Reimu Hakurei, the main character of the popular Japanese-only PC "Bullet Hell" games called "Touhou" created by ZUN.

However I'm uploading this, because I want your opinions about which sprite version of Reimu I should use.

I'm planning on making a Touhou RPG game and my project will be made with the RPG Maker VX which is what style I'm using to make this sprite, with my own touch. I plan to create almost all the important/well-known Touhou characters from the series including the recent cast from Touhou 13: Ten Desires.

From left to right is a dark brown/regular brown haired Reimu with one slight brownish/red eyes on the left and complete red eyes on the right. The same is held true for the other two on the right except they have black hair instead.

I want to get it as close as possible to what she really looks like, officially or a close second. I made the brown-colored hair version Reimu first, but then made a black-haired variation to see if she looks better with black hair.

She officially has dark brown hair by Touhou 13, but her black hair look looks more comfortable on the eyes and such.

So I ask you, which one of the four sprites of Reimu should I use?

Please note I'm still working on her sprite sheet, so this is her only sprite frame done. I hope in the future I'll get ALL of the ones I want done and/or get help making the rest of the Touhou cast as well as releasing them for other people to use in their own Touhou RPG projects if they want. But please credit or cite your source, I'm working hard on these.

Though it took me about an hour I think to work over the Female Sprite template to get her first sprite done.

Also any ways to improve it? I try to get it detailed as possible while keeping the pseudo-VX sprite style of the RMVX program. It's pretty hard to make the detached sleeves on her sprite without making it weird.

And the color palette to show what colors I used. Tricky to find the right colors, especially getting the darker ones to outline the sprite more.

Comments, opinions, suggestions? Or did you think they're good enough?
I plan to work on the other Touhou so I'll keep on posting here to get a little help with pointing out how to tune them up a bit more!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: VirusChris' Touhou Spriteworks
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
Huh, very nice Sprites you have there.
I have to agree that Black-Hair Reimu is probably the better of the 2. Feels more natural.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
Re: VirusChris' Touhou Spriteworks
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
Huh, very nice Sprites you have there.
I have to agree that Black-Hair Reimu is probably the better of the 2. Feels more natural.

Why thank you very much! ^_^
It's nice to have some feedback on my work. Also...

Reimu Hakurei VX-Sprite Sheet

This is my complete RPG Maker VX-Style Sprite Sheet of Reimu Hakurei! Took me awhile to finish it, but I got her done!
Also, thanks to the people who picked which Reimu was better from my previous one of the WIP sheet... the third Reimu
was chosen.

I have to say it was tricky figuring out how her back should look, but I managed it somehow. I have to say it looks great
and I'm proud to have finished it! ^_^

Now there's like 60+ Touhou characters to sprite. @_@

Well my complete sprite sheet of Reimu is done and I'll allowing anyone to use it for their own Touhou RPG projects, just
give proper credit please.

I forgot to add in Reimu's alternate costume or second costume, which gives her purple hair and purple eyes as a throwback
to the original PC-98 games and I plan for my Touhou RPG for all females to have at least 8 different costumes. I plan to have
a lot of Touhou references to old games and sources.

I have planned Reimu's default look, alternative costume, schoolgirl outfit, and swimsuit costumes. Every Touhou will have a
school-theme outfit.

Tell me what you think, is there anyway for me to improve upon what I've got here?