Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119157 times)

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #480 on: March 24, 2011, 02:44:07 AM »
Quote from: PX
For her early day 1, she did nothing but tunneled on PX, while providing no opinions until asked for by Conquerer.
Why the third person? Did you copy-paste your case from the scum quicktopic? :V

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #481 on: March 24, 2011, 02:45:23 AM »
Cap: Please don't fall into the trap of "well we can lynch X and if X flips town lynch Y", it very often tends to lead to both X and Y being townies (and almost as often leads to the person suggesting it being scum trying to bag two free heads).

Speculating on the second death also makes me antsy (this goes for everyone). There are a handful of potential explanations with no way to prove any of them without someone claiming the second kill, so all it serves to do is waste time.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #482 on: March 24, 2011, 02:46:10 AM »
huh what: I seem to recall this not being the first time PX has used third-person to refer to himself in this game.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #483 on: March 24, 2011, 02:47:45 AM »
Oh. Really? That's odd, but... eh. :s

For clarity, what I said about the scum quicktopic was a joke, if the :V did not make it clear enough.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #484 on: March 24, 2011, 02:51:58 AM »
Oh. Really? That's odd, but... eh. :s

For clarity, what I said about the scum quicktopic was a joke, if the :V did not make it clear enough.

Although now that you mention it, people don't refer to themselves in the third person.

« Reply #485 on: March 24, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »
Serela: While you're around, do you know what happens when a radio holder dies? I suppose Shadoweh could still use the radio to communicate with you privately, but otherwise it'd be good to know if Radio A is still in circulation, I believe.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #486 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:41 AM »
##Vote PX

For her early day 1, she did nothing but tunneled on PX, while providing no opinions until asked for by Conquerer. And even then, not much.

PX, what's the deal with this?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #487 on: March 24, 2011, 03:03:09 AM »
Serp: I believe Dormio voted for PX.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #488 on: March 24, 2011, 03:08:03 AM »
huh what: I seem to recall this not being the first time PX has used third-person to refer to himself in this game.

I don't know if this is the first time he referred to himself in the third person this game, but I searched his posts. This is the first time he refers to himself in the third person this game by name, except to vote for himself to get checked by Conqueror during the NeoSerela/Hourai wagons.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #489 on: March 24, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »
Serp: I believe Dormio voted for PX.

My bad.  Corrected count:

VOTECOUNT  -  Simpler Than Yesterday Revised Edition

Shadoweh (4):  huh what, Kilgamayan, NeoSerela, PX (L-3)
PX (2):  Dormio, capt. h

Not Voting:  Bardiche, Colt, Pesco, Schezo, Shadoweh, Zakeri

With 12 votes in play, 7 are required to lynch.  Under 70 hours remain in the day.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #490 on: March 24, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »
Eesh that's alot of votes. I woke up literally two minutes ago so I'll be right back to read over the game and post again.

To answer PX, I asked Serpentarius if I could persue that route of questioning before continuing, that's why I needed more time. To everyone that raged at me for being unclear yesterday about what I was asking NeoSerela, I deserve it even though I tried to correct it in the end. If I'd thought about it for two seconds, someone openly claiming bulletproof yet not wanting to be confirmed town... Especially since bulletproof and confirmed was the exact circumstance I was thinking about when arguing with Affinity... I'm an idiot again. The one thing I confirmed for myself is Serela stopped being insane and started making sense. I was trying to make sure he wasn't getting his information from UncertainKitten.

Trying to analyze these wagon flips is weird. Hourai was scum acting scummy, but the zombies didn't know he was a zombie? I'm not sure how to approach this. I can't remember seeing a Traitor before.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #491 on: March 24, 2011, 03:22:23 AM »
Trying to analyze these wagon flips is weird. Hourai was scum acting scummy, but the zombies didn't know he was a zombie? I'm not sure how to approach this. I can't remember seeing a Traitor before.
It's possible, but not actually confirmed. I... personally don't think that it is the case considering that his role's flip said nothing of the sort and seemed to imply that "Traitor" was the flavor replacement for "Zombie", considering that Hourai was not undead.

« Reply #492 on: March 24, 2011, 03:28:41 AM »
Oh, while I'm at it.

Shadoweh, did you pass the radio to anybody last night? I have reasons for asking this.

Shadoweh

« Reply #493 on: March 24, 2011, 03:34:48 AM »
Considering what I said about Affinity over the radio and looking at UncertainKitten's power, she might have shot him because I said his Day 1 looked terrible. I'm not sure why she wouldn't cop him instead. Her last message, sent after flips, said she doesn't think Bard is scum, hates all the terribleness of newbs, and thinks Serela was scum with HH because of the wiretap. With a >=[

This is impossible though. Traitors is not flavor text, it's a role. Traitors don't have communication with the rest of the scum team. In fact I would go as far as to say Serela is Obviously Town because Traitors tend to have an information power to help the scum team when they join them. He was the radio spy, therefore Serela was not.

Effectively, from scum view, yesterday was a newbie wagon, followed by a double town train for Conqueror's power. We just lucked out in that Hourai was secretly scum.

Yes, I got rid of the radio last night like I said I would.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #494 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:29 AM »
This is impossible though. Traitors is not flavor text, it's a role. Traitors don't have communication with the rest of the scum team.
So far, Serp has given all roles full flips. If Hourai has more to his role, then why did Serp not mention it during the flip? The flip implies that "Traitor" was Hourai's alignment, not role, and the red coloring implies that his alignment is not unique from scum (unless the actual scum flip a different color, which would be a little odd, all things considered).

We know for a fact that Hourai was not the radio spy, unless Serp was being a bastard and didn't give Hourai a full flip. (If this is the case, then he probably really is a traitor as well)

Noted about the radio thing. This makes me slightly less suspect of you for some reasons bordering on set-up speculation. Would prefer not to get into that right now, however.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #495 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:55 AM »
Edible4u is on the scene.

Gimme some time to read this nonsense.

Shadoweh

« Reply #496 on: March 24, 2011, 03:44:08 AM »
Quote from: The Flip
And with that, Hourai's fate was determined.  Yet rather than getting up again and trying to keep shambling around after being killed, he stayed dead as a doornail.  That's because even if he was working towards the zombies' victory, he wasn't a zombie himself.

huh what, go read up the Traitor role to see that this is exactly what a Traitor flip sounds like. If Hourai's ability to listen in on the radio was an item like the radios themselves, it wouldn't show in the flip because it's not really a part of his role.

Edible: Please don't vig me again Welcome to the Apocalypse!

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #497 on: March 24, 2011, 03:48:37 AM »
Oh my, what's this now?  Affinity had pure intents yesterday which makes me feel better about bringing this up:
This is where Affinity first starts to call out Shadoweh for shooting down questions and feeling exempt from providing any opinions of her own while at the same time making one of many "gut" clears on Conqueror.
This is brought up after Shadoweh dodges Affinities first questioning.  She just turns the question asked to he around to huh what and dodges it again here.  It's starting to look bad but maybe a misunderstanding at that point isn't beyond the impossible.
After showing more annoyance at Shadoweh, Affinity right out calls Shadoweh once again on not posting anything game related on why Conqueror gets a clear after he "cheats" once again and uses another BS excuse for why he gets the clear, heavily supporting the claim that Shadoweh knew right form the beginning that Conqueror was going to flip town and was trying to get a better stance on how he would be viewed for not being against him.  Any word at saying she misunderstood Affinities and others multiple asked questions at this point is blatantly wrong.
Then, this just blows me out of the water.  Asking for Conqueror to give an opinion on her while she still hasn't said one about Conqueror.  What.

Then we throw in "it was completely unreasonable for Neo to know that she got the radio" and had to be absolutely nitpicky on a silly fact after claiming to know enough with the pokemon song while Hourai just mentioned pokemon and it was "aye ok" for Shadoweh to buy it.  After going on with that BS for a while from 420 to 443, "Would ya look at that, Neo isn't lying after all."  It took you that long huh?  Are you sure you weren't pushing for the Serela reveal from Conqueror instead.
Even when I was confused as hell as to what was going on, I can't believe I listened to him tell me to unvote right when I swung the Hourai vote up higher than Serela's too.  I guess my suspicions on you yesterday were right.
##Vote: Shadoweh

I find it curious that Zakeri wasn't mentioned in the replacement queue like Pesco4U... Is he still playing?

Dormio: The only thing I can see that's redeemable on him is that he has the audacity to say anything about Kilga.  I feel Kilga is town and I'm almost agreeing with everything he says but I have to keep watching him.
To answer Kilga's question though, I was really confused at the whole radio partners, "he's lying, she's full of shit." thing going on and before it got even close to being resolved I had to leave and do work.  I know that was terrible to not see the rest of the day through but I remembered that someone said we don't want an accidental hammer and it just made sense to not leave it a possibility, then PX jumped in and L-2ed him while UK was screaming stop voting Houri.  Although the person who told me to unvote in the first place makes me feel like an idiot for listening to it.  In short I have no excuse for not coming back to leave a message and that was foolish of me.

I also think traitor is just a flavoring issue not a role since it's highly possible Hourai was just tipped off to claim he had listening powers.

cut: 14 or so times, gracious you people explode with posts.

« Reply #498 on: March 24, 2011, 03:51:08 AM »
... Fair enough, if you're willing to count the flavor as part of the flip. I admit that I had not thought about the possibility of another item going around. Willing to drop this for now, if Hourai's buddies did not know of his existance then most of the case on you is null. (It should also be noted that I have reason to believe you are not an active scum role.)

##Unvote
##Vote Colt

Low presence, posts full of waffles, awkward jump on capt. h followed by an empty unvote, showed a desire to get on a flipped townie wagon but lacked the conviction to actually do so. None of these are traits I like to see in newbies, and I think his intention to jump on Conqueror is as damning as those who actually did so, if not worse.

Without a strong reason to believe Shadoweh is scum, PX has shot up on my list as well. I would prefer to take Colt out over him, however, because Colt did everything PX did except worse.

Ninja'd by Schezo. Haven't read it yet, but did he really need to push Shadoweh to L-2 this early?

Shadoweh

« Reply #499 on: March 24, 2011, 04:05:27 AM »
Shame on at least three of you for capt.h figuring out what I'm saying about Traitors before you all did. I'm still reading over the posts made before now and PX strikes me as.. just as bad as yesterday actually. It's like he's taking Affinity's argument and running with it. Whoever has my radio now can confirm that the name isn't "Set B" if they really feel like coming forward. I should have cleared Serela for saying that though since I hadn't said it over the radio yet, but you try keeping track of if something you said over fifteen hours ago got through or not yet when you're in a rush.

Okay, too many people are voting for me and I wouldn't want you all to be surprised if I reset the wagon so it's time for this.

Shadoweh

« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2011, 04:05:44 AM »
Quote from: Kilgajesus
Just remember; you're playing a team game. It's important to hunt scum, but it's also important to make yourself believable, both in regards to "is this case valid?" and "do I trust this person?". If you can't accomplish those, whatever scumhunting you do is very likely to be in vain.

Ordinarily this statement is true. Being obviously town and convincing to other players is just as important as figuring out who the scum are to win for town. However my role this game takes the first two points out of the equation. I need to know how I feel about the players because my feelings are all that matter for what I need to do. Today for one of you they will be all that matter to you because your life is entirely in my hands. It is Day 2 and my role is now active.

Attention! Serpentarius is my fairy godmother and heard my prayers from last game. The following players have until 36 hours into the day to convince me not to shoot them. One of you is getting shot today, openly, in front of everyone. This list will change according to how I feel. You can try to convince me who you want me to shoot but ultimately it is my gun and I will shoot who I think is the best target.

Gonna eat buckshot
Bardiche
capt. h
Colt
Dormio
huh what
Kilgamayan
PX
Schezo
Zakeri if he's not getting modkilled

I am the Vigilante and today I am the law.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #501 on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:00 AM »
I find it curious that Zakeri wasn't mentioned in the replacement queue like Pesco4U... Is he still playing?

Yeah, he told me last night that he's still in.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #502 on: March 24, 2011, 04:14:08 AM »
I don't particularly doubt your claim since it lines up with what I know, but your list doesn't actually say who you currently think is scummiest/the best target. More opinions, please. That said, I would obviously prefer a vig on Colt, or alternately PX or Zak.

What do you think of Colt, anyway? He was pretty much a worse PX on D1, and considering how much you seem to hate PX, some comments on him would be appreciated.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #503 on: March 24, 2011, 04:14:55 AM »
I thought you said that if you were vig that you would instant shoot me and huh what?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #504 on: March 24, 2011, 04:18:27 AM »
Also, does my referring to myself in 3rd person really seem that weird when I've been switching between h. capt and capt. h, huh what and what huh, and calling Kitten4U Pesco?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #505 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:18 AM »
One more for the triple post. Shadoweh, post the full details of your ability.

Shadoweh

« Reply #506 on: March 24, 2011, 04:19:57 AM »
If Colt doesn't stop giving me Doll flashbacks I will probably honor Affinity's wish and blow him out of the water. If you look back at my argument about who to use Conqueror's power on with the knowledge that I'm the vigilante you should understand my side better.

PX: The actual quote is "It's like you're reading my posts through Google Translator. If I had an unlimited dayvig I would shoot you(Schezo) and PX in the face right now." Serpentarius wasn't THAT nice to me.  :V How about you stop trying to get me to defend myself and give me a reason not to shoot you instead?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #507 on: March 24, 2011, 04:20:15 AM »
Also, does my referring to myself in 3rd person really seem that weird when I've been switching between h. capt and capt. h, huh what and what huh, and calling Kitten4U Pesco?

I checked both this game and your previous game when you were town for instances of you refering to yourself as "PX", and this is the only one. Would you also like me to check the previous game's quick topic as well as other games you were in?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2011, 04:22:20 AM »
So let me ask you something. How does that make me scum, exactly?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2011, 04:23:34 AM »
So let me ask you something. How does that make me scum, exactly?

It means someone else probably wrote your arguments for you.