Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 233283 times)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #360 on: July 12, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »
> "Uh, listen..." Rub our neck uncomfortably.
> "I thought Berserker was headed straight for me because he had appeared near me once before. If I knew he was attacking you and not chasing me I probably would've stayed to help."
> "So I guess I actually am sorry."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #361 on: July 12, 2018, 05:51:20 PM »
> "Uh, listen..." Rub our neck uncomfortably.
> "I thought Berserker was headed straight for me because he had appeared near me once before. If I knew he was attacking you and not chasing me I probably would've stayed to help."
> "So I guess I actually am sorry."

>"It's in the past," Kimimela says. Her tone is not exactly blaise, but it does at least sound like she's not upset about it.
>"We'll make up for it by focusing on out next move," Archer says.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #362 on: July 12, 2018, 07:50:29 PM »
> "Okay, I'm glad we're past that." Phew.
> "So, with Assassin, it's just a matter of finding the guy. Either of us can probably beat him without much trouble."
> "But with Saber, I can see us having problems with getting in each other's way, like you mentioned. Do we just want to tag team that one?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #363 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »
> "Okay, I'm glad we're past that." Phew.
> "So, with Assassin, it's just a matter of finding the guy. Either of us can probably beat him without much trouble."
> "But with Saber, I can see us having problems with getting in each other's way, like you mentioned. Do we just want to tag team that one?"

>"Do go into detail on what you mean by tag team?" Lancer says, as he idly adjusts a cufflink.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:34 PM »
> "Archer and you could just take turns going on offense, and switch out when you get tired. Saber would never get a break, so I think he'd get worn down eventually."
> "Or maybe you could do it defensively, and have one set up traps while the other keeps him busy, so he'd be caged in. That'd depend on where the fight happens, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:26 PM »
> "Archer and you could just take turns going on offense, and switch out when you get tired. Saber would never get a break, so I think he'd get worn down eventually."
> "Or maybe you could do it defensively, and have one set up traps while the other keeps him busy, so he'd be caged in. That'd depend on where the fight happens, though."

>Lancer nods. "There is merit to either approach. However, we are dancing around the primary question. What are we going to do next? What should I putting into my scheduler?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2018, 09:46:06 PM »
> "I was hoping to take tonight off since Caster almost turned me inside out and my gut is still kind of sore. I'm working on some new magic."
> "How about we spend tomorrow looking for Assassin's master, and if we don't succeed, we'll go out to the river and get this whole business with Berserker sorted?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
> "I was hoping to take tonight off since Caster almost turned me inside out and my gut is still kind of sore. I'm working on some new magic."
> "How about we spend tomorrow looking for Assassin's master, and if we don't succeed, we'll go out to the river and get this whole business with Berserker sorted?"

>Kimimela nods. "That's fine. We'll probably do some searching on our own tonight, and keep in touch."
>"Have you found anything else?" says Lancer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »
> "Lemme think."
> "Oh, Caster's master lost her command seals right after Archer finished him off. I talked to Sister Gibson about it and apparently that's normal unless the master is a member of one of the three main families. You can check afterwards to be sure, but Kimimela should be able to tell whether they're still in the game or not."
> Ponder whether we want to let them in on Explorer's crazy moon business. Decide against it for now until we can talk to Mr. Collins again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2018, 11:47:03 PM »
> "Lemme think."
> "Oh, Caster's master lost her command seals right after Archer finished him off. I talked to Sister Gibson about it and apparently that's normal unless the master is a member of one of the three main families. You can check afterwards to be sure, but Kimimela should be able to tell whether they're still in the game or not."
> Ponder whether we want to let them in on Explorer's crazy moon business. Decide against it for now until we can talk to Mr. Collins again.

>Lancer glances to Kimimela and nods. "There is a lesson in that. Do not guard your seals too strongly, lest you lose them."
>You decide to keep Explorer to yourself.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2018, 12:48:03 AM »
> "So, uh, I guess that just leaves the elephant in the room."
> "When we're the only two masters left, how should we decide the winner? Should we have some other kind of contest?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2018, 03:13:37 AM »
> "So, uh, I guess that just leaves the elephant in the room."
> "When we're the only two masters left, how should we decide the winner? Should we have some other kind of contest?"

>"Perhaps we'll decide it in a more sportsmanlike manner?" says Lancer. "I think we can put the question aside for now, who knows what things will look like, then?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #372 on: July 13, 2018, 06:30:19 AM »
That response strikes me as a red flag. The fact that Lancer doesn't think that's an important thing to sort out makes me think he doesn't expect the two of us to end up in that situation, i.e. he is probably planning on jumping us when we're vulnerable.

Regardless, his assistance will probably greatly expedite eliminating Assassin and will make fighting Berserker a breeze, so even if I knew for sure that we were going to have to deal with a Lancer ambush later, I'd still think it was worth it overall...

So, for now, I will play along.

> "I guess it's true that there are a lot of unanswered questions about this Grail War. It might not play out normally."
> "I sincerely doubt whoever organized this thing would be happy about the prospect of either of us winning it."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #373 on: July 13, 2018, 07:47:44 AM »
> "I guess it's true that there are a lot of unanswered questions about this Grail War. It might not play out normally."
> "I sincerely doubt whoever organized this thing would be happy about the prospect of either of us winning it."

>"What I want to know, then, is who would they want to win?" says Kimimela.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #374 on: July 13, 2018, 02:47:35 PM »
> "Well, I was assuming it was someone that was in it themselves, but after seeing Saber...he's tough, but not so overpowering that I think someone tried to rig the game. So now I don't know."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #375 on: July 13, 2018, 05:30:58 PM »
> "Well, I was assuming it was someone that was in it themselves, but after seeing Saber...he's tough, but not so overpowering that I think someone tried to rig the game. So now I don't know."

>"If we're thinking like that," says Kimimela, "Then wouldn't Berserker fall under that?"

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
> "Hmm. Well, just how tough is he? Did you manage to land a hit on him, Lancer?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2018, 07:25:54 PM »
> "Hmm. Well, just how tough is he? Did you manage to land a hit on him, Lancer?"

>"A couple. And, I am not all that convinced he noticed," Lancer says, frowning. "Do keep in mind, we were trying to get away from him more than fight, the circumstances were not ideal with you there to potentially play the vulture."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #378 on: July 13, 2018, 07:31:32 PM »
> "Er, I understand."
> "That's distressing though. It sounds like I've been underestimating Berserker. If the guy is an absolute freight train, then yeah, I can see his master banking on him for an easy win."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #379 on: July 14, 2018, 01:51:27 AM »
> "Er, I understand."
> "That's distressing though. It sounds like I've been underestimating Berserker. If the guy is an absolute freight train, then yeah, I can see his master banking on him for an easy win."

>"Absolute freight train is a good way to put it," says Kimimela.
>"I wonder if his Master is keeping out of the way for his own safety," says Lancer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2018, 07:58:28 PM »
> "Okay, I guess we should have a better plan than just rolling up to the river looking for a fight."
> "How about we try to figure out his identity first? Did you have any ideas?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #381 on: July 17, 2018, 08:19:08 PM »
> "Okay, I guess we should have a better plan than just rolling up to the river looking for a fight."
> "How about we try to figure out his identity first? Did you have any ideas?"

>"I didn't see him well enough," says Kimimela. "I was too busy running for the truck once Lancer started shouting."
>"All I can tell you is that he likes to throw axes, and he does not seem to walk but rather drags himself along the ground," says Lancer.

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #382 on: July 17, 2018, 10:16:19 PM »
> "The axe is a start."
> "Archer, can you remind me what kind of clothes he had?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »
> "The axe is a start."
> "Archer, can you remind me what kind of clothes he had?"

>"Some kind of breeches," says Archer. "Boots...um, a leather harness across his chest."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2018, 10:35:06 PM »
George Washington maybe? Not sure how the crawling would fit, but everything else would fit to at least some degree.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »
> "Hmm. If he throws axes and likes the water, maybe he's a viking."
> Mutter "viking with bad legs," as we punch it into Google.
> Come up with an answer shortly after. "There's a guy called 'Ivar the Boneless' who had some kind of condition that made it hard for him to walk, but he fought anyway."
> "...Although, if neither me or Kimimela has gotten a good look at him, I don't think we can get his data even if we guess right."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »
> "Hmm. If he throws axes and likes the water, maybe he's a viking."
> Mutter "viking with bad legs," as we punch it into Google.
> Come up with an answer shortly after. "There's a guy called 'Ivar the Boneless' who had some kind of condition that made it hard for him to walk, but he fought anyway."
> "...Although, if neither me or Kimimela has gotten a good look at him, I don't think we can get his data even if we guess right."

>"I'm going to be honest," says Kimimela, shaking her head.  "I'm not very good at this history stuff... Schooling on the rez is terrible, and, you know, other concerns."
>Archer has started to frown a little, looking toward the floor. "...Could be."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2018, 01:20:30 AM »
> "It's alright. Between the four of us, we'll figure it out."
> Watch Archer for a sec, and realize, oh shit, of course she knows what vikings are.
> "Have you heard of that guy, Archer?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2018, 02:15:44 AM »
> "It's alright. Between the four of us, we'll figure it out."
> Watch Archer for a sec, and realize, oh shit, of course she knows what vikings are.
> "Have you heard of that guy, Archer?"

>She nods. "Yeah. Everyone heard about him... He was practically the end of the world, as far as we had heard."

>_

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2018, 03:03:50 AM »
> Does anything click for "Ivar the Boneless" as Berserker in our database, or is it still too early to identify him as we suspect?