Author Topic: Touhou Hack and Slash ~ is there English patch?  (Read 64897 times)

Nyrin

• Plasma Fang
Re: Touhou Hack and Slash ~ is there English patch?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 03:04:53 AM »
If you're on tomorrow, I could play with you

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 04:18:20 AM »
kinda wanting to learn more japanese/get a more complete translation patch before I play this game, otherwise I'd hook up with you.

AgeBlader222

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
kinda wanting to learn more japanese/get a more complete translation patch before I play this game, otherwise I'd hook up with you.

Well, if more people decided to contribute to playing this game... there would be an english patch >_>

Also. Just unlocked hard mode
http://www.mediafire.com/?mj0z3z6bjbz932z

Nyrin

• Plasma Fang
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
Well, if more people decided to contribute to playing this game... there would be an english patch >_>

Also. Just unlocked hard mode
http://www.mediafire.com/?mj0z3z6bjbz932z

If I had any knowledge of coding, I'd be more than happy to make a complete english patch for this game, otherwise this is as much as we can do for it until someone with coding power comes in.

bennelsey

• Touhou fan-game Developer
  • Will make Touhou fan-games for food
    • EastGap
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
what kind of contribution? I unlocked extra about the first half of last year lol
My Sakuya totally pwns even after Reimu's hax melee elemental ribbon got nerf'd on the patch that added lunatic mode
level is somewhere near 50, i know a few people that already reached the limit ^^

AgeBlader222

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
By contribution, I meant that if a lot more people would start playing this game, someone would have to have made an english patch, and by a lot, I mean quite a lot.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »
I'm sorry, but I think you're living in a fantasy land if you think translators/hackers fall from the sky and work on a game because they were counting the number of people playing it. That might fly for commercial games, but not doujin. For example Fushigi no Gensokyo seems to have a rather large fanbase, and people have tried to translate it (Before the fanbase was as large), but given the technical difficulties, that project was scrapped unfortunately.

Besides, if I was a translator, rather than caring about how many people are playing the game, I'd be more interested in those who are not playing it but  WOULD if I translated it anyway.

AgeBlader222

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »
Oh well, can't say I didn't wish for the sky to crap translators. I'd rather just learn from a couple of my friends who can code.

Also,
If you're on tomorrow, I could play with you
I'm always, always, always, always, on the internet. Sadly I have no outside life~

Nyrin

• Plasma Fang
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 01:52:06 AM »
Oh well, can't say I didn't wish for the sky to crap translators. I'd rather just learn from a couple of my friends who can code.

Also,I'm always, always, always, always, on the internet. Sadly I have no outside life~
Yeah, well I didn't expect to have to work a full day today, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow :3 And Happy Birthday

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
I just started playing this game as well, level 22 at the moment. Also in the process of making a page on the wiki. I'll play with you guys if you have a hamachi server. If not I have my own you guys can join.

AgeBlader222

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
Sure i'll go for your server i'm lv 40~ and love to use Sakuya

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »
Sweet, server is Touhou Hack and Slash, pass is touhou.

Nyrin

• Plasma Fang
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:35 AM »
I'll come join the server now :D

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »
We got netplay working like a charm, if anyone wants to join =D

Nyrin

• Plasma Fang
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »
Wow, lack of activity much? So, anything new on the patch? I've been clearing up small stuff in the 11-41 thngs. Other than that, not much activity on my part.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
I've been trying D:

Actually, I just found a megaunpacker that says it has a lot of the common japanese packing algorithms. Except it's for mac only D:  Anyone have a mac that wants to test this?

Nyrin

• Plasma Fang
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »
I've been correcting small errors here and there in the other files, but other than that, I'm about as far as I can go with this.

blozzee

• bakatenshi
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »
AH SHIMASTA!!! 'A' I DIED!!
I didn't save any item in the inventory!!! does that mean ALL MY ITEM WILL BE GONE!!! ;A;
REIMU WAKE UP!!!!  TAT

OH DAMN I LOST MY PRECIOUS ARMOR!! ;;;A;;;; NOO!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 05:57:26 PM by blozzee »

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 01:29:08 AM »
Hey everyone, I found a way to open .dxa files: http://www.mediafire.com/?hkbjrb5rjk2tbou

There is a dxadecode and dxaencode, but if you re-encode the decoded files to a .dxa again, it doesn't work properly but it will work fine if it's in a folder.
For example, say you have IMG.dxa, extract everything from it, stick it in a folder named IMG and move the original IMG.dxa.

And also, the text script is not in the dxa files! It's compressed inside the .exe so... we'll probably need some way to edit that data, anyone got any ideas?

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Yea I remember qazmlpok said the dxa files we're similar to the the ones for Labyrinth of Touhou, but when he decoded them they were slightly jumbled up.

I can disassemble the exe and take a look, it wouldn't be hard to change the text if it's directly added as strings in the exe.

Edit: Omg...this whole time the text has been on the exe, I even went through it and didn't realize that it was the game script.... *facepalm*.

I can do it all pretty easily, all I need now is the text to be translated. If someone wants to translate, I can dump the dialogue, though each sentence might not be in proper place, not sure.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:22:16 PM by MrBigz »

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »
So I'll just leave this here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5zbi8f88g15ea77
Everything but the introduction image when you first select a character is translated.
(Credits to FlanP0P)

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 09:20:06 PM »
Awesome. I'll make sure FlanP0P gets credit. Would he/she want to translate the dialogue? o.o

Edit: Mission accomplished.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/thhns.png
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:11:17 PM by MrBigz »

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:51 PM »
Awesome. I'll make sure FlanP0P gets credit. Would he/she want to translate the dialogue? o.o

Edit: Mission accomplished.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/thhns.png
A. I just PM'd him/her and haven't heard anything back yet.
B. YES. I'M SO READY FOR THIS TO BE FINISHED. o/

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38:33 PM »
Right now I'm seeing what I can do with offsets/trying to change how the dialogue box works. Hopefully it won't be a problem and I can fit all the text in.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 12:22:18 AM »
Oh my, progress is being made, and I can see it happening. This is a first. (I don't normally get to see things like this happen in real-time) Keep up the good work guys, Wish I could help, but no knowledge of japanese to work with :I
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 09:42:33 PM »
Here's a dump of the dialogue.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q9uwcwwnmcn19ye

The start of a message box is on a non-tabbed line. Tabbed lines refer to new lines in a message box in-game. Just as a reference. Also, if anyone does wish to translate, it would be awesome if you could type it up on a separate text file, in the exact same order as it appears untranslated. Actually, just message me first before you do so.

Oh, and ignore the couple file names randomly in the middle, they're just there for reference when inserting stuff back in.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:49:58 PM by MrBigz »

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »
I think I'll try translating it. I know very basic Japanese, but I'll use google for some words and kanji I don't know.

I can piece together what they're saying, it's just turning that same meaning to english words is pretty difficult.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 01:40:55 AM »
Yeah, I'm hoping for some quality control. I'll be going over the text afterward at the very least to make sure it makes sense and to fix errors.

Oh also, I've been looking through othere game exe's with IDA/hex editor and I think a lot of the untranslated games have their dialogue in the exe.  I already found that both Sanae! Challenge games are that way, so I might try to extract the dialogue from those games later too for translating.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:43:53 AM by MrBigz »

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
B. What is the translation of "Sepisu"? (It's written in Katakana)
FOUND IT.

Apparently it's "Sepith"

...I still have no idea what that is, but we'll call it that. :V

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 04:43:43 PM »
FOUND IT.

Apparently it's "Sepith"

...I still have no idea what that is, but we'll call it that. :V

Apparently another game uses it as some kind of refining phlebotinum, but it isn't really a word anyway.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear