Author Topic: Final Touhou Pre-Alpha  (Read 1828 times)

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Final Touhou Pre-Alpha
« on: August 28, 2012, 06:18:39 AM »
I am working on my first game in Game Maker Lite, titled Final Touhou. This game was inspired by a sketch in the Youtube video Touhou Sketches: RHE. I got permission from the creator, beats0me, to make the game in the skit a reality.

The genre is a side-scrolling beat-em-up, like Final Fight and Double Dragon. Or rather, it WILL be, once I get some screen-scrolling going :\
The plot... I haven't thought about it yet, but for now, just live with "Fairies have invaded the Hakurei Shrine. Eliminate them."
The gameplay: Go around Gensokyo in the six stages for a reason I haven't thought of yet! Defeat the boss at the end of a stage to proceed.

What are the prototype screenshots?

Kill all three fairies!

Slap the fairies to eliminate them!

I have made too little progress to post a download link yet. I will post it when I feel I have made enough progress with the game.

The final version of the game will include the following:
* 4 playable characters (Reimu, Sanae, Yuugi and an unlockable character) (I may add more unlockables if I feel like it)
* An HUD including a health bar and score
* 6 stages, each with a boss at the end
* An extra stage unlocked after 1cc'ing the game
* Multiplayer co-op^
* Better controls^
* And more!

^ = when I get the full version of Game Maker

Thanks for checking this out. If anyone wants to help, let me know. :)
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: Final Touhou Pre-Alpha
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
I wouldn't worry so much about why Reimu is doing this. She looks pissed off enough in that sprite to just want to beat the shit out of a bunch of fairies.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
Re: Final Touhou Pre-Alpha
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:44:20 PM »
By the looks of it, seems entertaining. You have my moral support, since I can't do much else.
Looking forward to see a progress in this.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile