Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347464 times)

Formless God

Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #630 on: May 16, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »
Player data -> Spell history. Is anyone else's No.2 showing 0/0?

« Reply #631 on: May 16, 2015, 09:12:30 PM »
Back on-topic, I think I'm now addicted to the Stage 3 theme in this game. I just can't stop listening to it, whether during work or play. What's everyone else's favorite song from the demo?
September Pumpkin. So much love. So much awesome.

Stage 3 theme would be my second favourite, but it's a distant second.

« Reply #632 on: May 16, 2015, 09:51:09 PM »
Player data -> Spell history. Is anyone else's No.2 showing 0/0?
Yeah, I'm getting that too.

Regarding the music, the soundtrack seems overall very good. I think all of the stage themes are excellent, and the boss themes are quite good too (I like Doremy's theme a bit less than the rest of the songs though). I'm really liking ZUN's music style for this game so far much more than that of the previous two main series games, TD and DDC.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #633 on: May 16, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »
I'm really liking ZUN's music style for this game so far much more than that of the previous two main series games, TD and DDC.

Same here. For the first time in a while I feel like ZUN's songs are sounding more ZUN-ish. (I can't explain...) :ohdear:

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #634 on: May 16, 2015, 10:25:10 PM »
Same here. For the first time in a while I feel like ZUN's songs are sounding more ZUN-ish. (I can't explain...)  :ohdear:

I also feel a little bit nostalgic whenever i listen to the soundtrack, the music sounds like a mix of PC-98 and Modern Touhou.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #635 on: May 17, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »
Stage 3 is simply epic.

I love its music, its danmaku overall, (Nearly) all the boss spellcards, its easily my favorite Stage 3 in the series.

« Reply #636 on: May 17, 2015, 04:35:54 AM »
I was thinking the same exact thing.
Still, if they were to "lose" against some earthlings that were already easily defeated before, the other lunarians would stop trusting them for good. Particularly, Toyohime's ability can easily send everyone back on Earth without even starting a fight (at least until the full moon passes), and everyone knows that.

Why would the Lunarians know how difficult of a time Yorihime had? The rabbits all clearly saw that Yorihime got beat up, even though she won at the end.

Also, some flawed reasoning here. This is based on the assumption that her ability will automatically "hit" the target and send them back with no resistance from the victim.

« Reply #637 on: May 17, 2015, 04:57:18 AM »
Seiran was (apparently) caught off guard, she was in the middle of punding mochi and wasn't prepared for fighting.

Possible comeback as mid-boss for later stages?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #638 on: May 17, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
Possible comeback as mid-boss for later stages?

Unlikely, she's just a rank-and-file soldier without a hint of importance. There can be OTHER moon rabbits ahead, though.

PK

• Border of Whatever
« Reply #639 on: May 17, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
Why would the Lunarians know how difficult of a time Yorihime had? The rabbits all clearly saw that Yorihime got beat up, even though she won at the end.

Also, some flawed reasoning here. This is based on the assumption that her ability will automatically "hit" the target and send them back with no resistance from the victim.
The rabbits also saw how she neutralized all of Marisa's and Sakuya's attacks with little or even no effort. It's true that Remilia managed to actually hit her, but she was playing defensive and won with a single move when she decided to counterattack. Even when fighting Reimu, her only problem was blocking the cursed ofuda from touching the ground, not resisting Reimu's attacks.
As for Toyohime, it seems to me that her ability of connecting places is pretty much absolute,  like Yukari gapping something/someone, or Komachi making impossible to move by contracting space.
Of course, if i'm wrong it is all another matter :V

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #640 on: May 17, 2015, 12:05:17 PM »
Gave the game a try on lunatic pontdevice mode. 271 retries to clear and 1 accidental bomb. Had to look at Jaimers' 1cc for strats in places though. Can see what everyone means with the difficulty and music though. I do think the difficulty should be toned down but I definitely wouldn't object to a 5th difficulty above lunatic, that is as hard as what lunatic currently is.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #641 on: May 17, 2015, 12:29:51 PM »
Eh, after how easy the Lunatics were in TD and DDC were I actually appreciate the increase in difficulty. Gives you something to keep working towards, you know? I also feel like lowering the difficulty would go against PointDevice mode, which looks to be there because of the difficulty.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:31:44 PM by Soul Devour »

« Reply #642 on: May 17, 2015, 03:42:05 PM »
Hey guys, in case anybody hasn't noticed yet the Touhou patch center apparently has a thcrap English translation for the trial version now. By that I mean there is a little American and British flag next to its entry on the front page.

Has anybody experimented or played around with that yet? If so, what are your thoughts on the accuracy and quality of the translation job?   

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #643 on: May 17, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »
Hey guys, in case anybody hasn't noticed yet the Touhou patch center apparently has a thcrap English translation for the trial version now. By that I mean there is a little American and British flag next to its entry on the front page.

Has anybody experimented or played around with that yet? If so, what are your thoughts on the accuracy and quality of the translation job?
Going from Sanae's story, all the dialogue (and only the dialogue) has been translated, it seems like. There's a line after Doremy that's untranslated, but AFAIK, that's it.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #644 on: May 17, 2015, 08:41:48 PM »

They're the leaders of the defense force. The idea of letting a human past would just make things worse for them and might even threaten their positions,
however if they were "distracted" with what I assume is mutiny on the moon then nobody would pay attention.
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

« Reply #645 on: May 17, 2015, 10:31:18 PM »
It's true that Remilia managed to actually hit her, but she was playing defensive and won with a single move when she decided to counterattack. Even when fighting Reimu, her only problem was blocking the cursed ofuda from touching the ground, not resisting Reimu's attacks.

Why would the rabbits, who would be the ones who could possibly tell this to the Lunarians be able tell how easy of a time Yorihime had.
It doesn't really matter how effortlessly she defeated the first two, the rabbits expected that.
They also never expected Yorihime to get knocked down and yet she did. So, the question remains, why would the Lunarians know how easy that fight was for Yorihime?

As for Toyohime, it seems to me that her ability of connecting places is pretty much absolute,  like Yukari gapping something/someone, or Komachi making impossible to move by contracting space.
Of course, if i'm wrong it is all another matter :V

You mean like how Reimu can effortlessly throw/spawn tons of amulets? Since the act of using a skill and the act of trying to hit someone with the skill are different things.
How would you know Yukari's gapping abilities always tags the target? Same deal with Komachi's ability?
These kind of reasonings assumes the victim has no way to avoid it.

They're the leaders of the defense force. The idea of letting a human past would just make things worse for them and might even threaten their positions,
however if they were "distracted" with what I assume is mutiny on the moon then nobody would pay attention.

It might, yes. I am still unsure why this would make them not a candidate for being either stage 4 or ex boss.

Stage 5 is not too likely, since stage 5 boss is friendly with stage 6 boss.

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
« Reply #646 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:09 AM »
Eternal Spring Dream chiptune mix thing. . Before anyone asks, I DO NOT CLAIM THIS AS MINE.

I think this is the first remix/arrange of LoLK's soundtrack on Youtube. Didn't bother checking Nico.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #647 on: May 18, 2015, 02:10:30 AM »
^ HertzDevil delivers again. Sounds really great! :3

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #648 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »
Going from Sanae's story, all the dialogue (and only the dialogue) has been translated, it seems like. There's a line after Doremy that's untranslated, but AFAIK, that's it.

So, no music room ZUN comments? No manual? No spell card names? No music theme names in the bottom right hand corner when a new theme plays? No difficulty page and character select descriptions?

"Languages with >95% coverage" my ass Touhou patch center! Nameless Legacy and his goons had one simple job to do and since they are so obsessed with speed of translation, they cant even do that right. We want quality translation work, not rushed hack jobs... like a Call of Duty yearly installment.

You took on the responsibility of patching the games over stand alone patches to try and improve the process... This is not an improvement. Get back to work Touhou patch center, your job isn't done yet!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:05:41 AM by HalfGrand »

« Reply #649 on: May 18, 2015, 10:36:30 AM »
You do realize that the demo would never have been translated at all normally, right? I'm sure you're just trying to defend the honor of... someone, but your attitude is pretty disrespectful to all translators, including the ones who you're trying to defend (who, it should be noted, could totally keep making hard patches if they really wanted to, so apparently they don't). And the whole fricking point of the patch center thing is that it uses wiki-based translations so it's in constant flux, so complaining about it not being perfect immediately is literally meaningless.

I have no idea what happened to cause all this drama, but as a translator myself who just stepped up because no one else would (despite my lack of qualifications), I feel like nothing could possibly justify the level of vitriol you're displaying. If you don't like it, do it yourself. Even someone who doesn't know Japanese or how to program can still go to the wiki and edit for better English wording. You can help out with this, but you won't, because you're an entitled bastard who wants everyone else to do the work for you, for free. And even when they release work-in-progress samples a week after the game comes out, you do nothing but complain. Frankly, you disgust me, although I guess you could probably tell from the rest of this post. As someone with no attachment to either side of this drama, you disgust me.

Edit: Sorry, to everyone else.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:41:45 AM by Clarste »

Drake

« Reply #650 on: May 18, 2015, 10:56:11 AM »
No, you're right. HalfGrand, seriously, fuck right off dude. You don't have to be for or against thpatch or whatever to acknowledge you're being a total bag of dicks.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #651 on: May 18, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »
snip

A community contributor listed the game as being >95% translated by mistake. That was a very minor mistake (it doesn't affect anything) that anyone could have fixed. So basically you're being a huge ass over absolutely nothing.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #652 on: May 18, 2015, 11:37:29 AM »
(who, it should be noted, could totally keep making hard patches if they really wanted to, so apparently they don't)
On a side note, if there's one single thing I could hold against thcrap's existence, it's this.
I appreciate the effort (and even made some Polish translations for it), but since the existence of thcrap made people behind the hard patches give up and forced people to rely on it, it would be a huge boon to the community if thcrap gave us some way to create a hard patch from their translations - be it for ease of installation, less portability issues or issues of compatibility with the Playism versions.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #653 on: May 18, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »
Is that Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the stage 3 theme that I hear?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #654 on: May 18, 2015, 12:07:44 PM »
HalfGrand, by now I think everyone's familiar with your strong opinions about thcrap. Feel free to give it a rest.

On topic, I'm more inclined towards hard patches myself for the click-click-done one time ease of use, but as Clarste pointed out, there is literally nothing stopping anyone from making one. I'd welcome it, but I'm also OK with using thcrap at this point, too. Myself, I'm going to wait for the full release of LoLK before patching though. Makes it feel like Christmas!

Is that Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in the stage 3 theme that I hear?

A lot of people have been saying this, and I honestly do not hear it. I mean, beyond there being a triad played on piano for a few seconds.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #655 on: May 18, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
The game shortcuts thcrap creates function pretty much the same as a hard patched game exe to the end user. It's not like you have to update the translations every time you run the game.

Tengukami

« Reply #656 on: May 18, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »
It's not like you have to update the translations every time you run the game.

I know that. I really don't want to derail this into why I prefer hard patches, but just for the sake of an example: I have all my games in one directory. Some of them I don't want patched with thcrap; others, I have to. For whatever reason, adding a new game to the directory means I have to repatch all the games with thcrap, otherwise just this new game gets patched and the others turn up an error message. Same deal if I have to move the games to a new location, such as an external HDD, as thcrap relies on shortcuts. This isn't a problem I'd encounter with a hard patch. OTOH, this stuff might be happening because of something I'm not getting about the way thcrap works, but again, it's not something I'd even have to think about with a hard patch.

I want to emphasise that I am not complaining about thcrap here. I am 99% fine with these patches, and these examples are minor quibbles at best. I realize and appreciate the work that goes into making them. But I think it's OK for people to have their personal preferences while still being totally fine with thcrap overall.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:35:58 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #657 on: May 18, 2015, 12:37:11 PM »
A lot of people have been saying this, and I honestly do not hear it. I mean, beyond there being a triad played on piano for a few seconds.

The triad and the chord progressions are incredibly similar to that of the Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement (more specifically, the very beginning of the 1st Movement). The atmosphere of the music doesn't help, either.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:39:28 PM by Abraham Lincoln »

Gamer251

• DJ FlanFlan
  • Too lazy to type long sentences.
« Reply #658 on: May 18, 2015, 12:38:18 PM »
Uhh, HalfGrand, brliron's working on the th15 compatibility on thcrap.
He's pretty much one of the "goons" you're talking about.
Seriously, you expect EVERYTHING to be immediately translated and put into the game?
It's not easy editing all the pictures and make them clean and beautiful.
Of course, you have to work on dumping data and stuff, which brliron has been working hard to do the past few days.

tl;dr, it ain't instant, so please kindly shut up and wait.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:42:43 PM by Gamer251 »

"You ought to watch out, yourself. Even a high-school girl can make her own weapons these days, after all..."

Tengukami

« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
The triad and the chord progressions are incredibly similar to that of the Moonlight Sonata 1st Movement (more specifically, the very beginning of the 1st Movement). The atmosphere of the music doesn't help, either.

I'm familiar with the piece, trust me. I just don't hear it beyond some vague similarity. I would love to see someone do a side-by-side notation/chord comparison though.