Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 209993 times)

Mountain of Faith Hard Mode 1cc!

This had a bit of an unexpected start, with me getting to Kanako's final spell on a random run when I previously only made it to Sanae (And I don't even play regularly nowadays). Decided to go practice mode for a bit today to smoothen out my stages  a bit (as well as some boss cards) and I managed to get a run within a few tries that avoided the usual stupid mistakes in the first few stages and got to Aya losing only 1 or 2 lives. After that I had a decent stock and made it to Kanako with 4 or so lives, getting to VoWG with 3 and screwing up a little and ending up with 1 life remaining on clear with a pretty decent score of 531mil.

With that I've cleared PCB, MoF, TD and DDC on Hard Mode. Next will probably be Imperishable Night (was actually more focused on this than MoF as of late), though I wouldn't rule out EoSD.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Out of nowhere I pulled off the LNMNB UFO Stage 6. Lots of luck meant I got this much earlier than I was expecting. I'm pretty sure the attempt before this I was like "Oh hey, 4 miss. I'm getting better". Oh well. I'm gonna go for a DDC Stage 6 perfect next. I tried it a while ago but ultimately gave up since I felt like my pure dodging skills weren't good enough for it.

PurpleTheGuy

• Purple and Violet
Hey everyone, what's up?

So, I've gotten to beat Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on hard mode for the 1st time ever using Marisa A! Yeah, it's been quite a while, since I last played EoSD seriously. I've forgotten how much fun this game was, haha :)! This clear took me only a couple days to put together.

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil hard mode 1cc - Screenshot

That's that for now. So, I guess it's time for the real fight to begin, me taking it up with EoSD lunatic mode!

I just got my first EoSD Extra clear! ReimuB, of course.
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
PoFV Hard Mode cleared with all characters. That's all non-fighting games cleared on all difficulties up to Hard with all shottypes and routes. Time to do the same in 7.5, 10.5 and 12.3 before I finally give 13.5 and 14 a try.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
UFO Lunatic 1cc get.  I was trying to do that since January.   :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:56:20 PM by Cream Soda »

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
PCB LNNN

Literally shaking from heart pumping too fast, makes it hard to type >.>

Wow.
Congrats Free, that's amazing!
Pretty cool Youmu fight you had there

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
IN Hard 1cc, Border team.

I don't know...it feels undeserved. Off-and-on attempts for PCB took a total span of at least a couple months. I had just started IN Hard yesterday and already 1cc'd it on today's second run. I might go back and beat it with other teams to truly feel like I earned it. Although, on the first run I lost my last life at the very end of Hourai Jewel, so I was upset at that. But in the end...it just feels like a hollow victory. Odd.

Congratulations, FreeGothitelle! What a massive achievement. Maybe you could try playing PCB for score now, given that you can survive it on the highest difficulty without problems!

I'd still like to see you stream, though. It certainly would be interesting to see your strategies in action.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
UFO Lunatic 1cc get.  I was trying to do that since January.   :)

Now that's a milestone, congratulations! UFO 1CCs always feel great.

PCB LNNN

Wow, you've been going for that for quite some time if I recall correctly, congratulations!

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
PCB LNNN
LNN challenges are something I would probably never try but that's amazing.
Now that's a milestone, congratulations! UFO 1CCs always feel great.
Thank you!

I just got a MoF XNB! I only died to Suwa Wars and Seven Stones, so that's an improvement from my next best attempt, which died twice on the former. Now to NMNB...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:05:03 PM by Baron_Blade »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
PCB LNNN

Congratulations. Any idea what you want to do now?

Ghost

Congratulations. Any idea what you want to do now?
Do uni work
Get challenger in LoL

.....and maybe perfect some extra stages since focusing on full game survival is tiring

I :fail: but I also :toot:
;)
Keep working at it, you'll get there!
(PCB is easier than IN so it wasn't really a fair race)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:42:39 PM by FreeGothitelle »

Do uni work
Get challenger in LoL

So, exactly the same goals as me, heh. Congrats on the run.

Slowly getting better. Today marks my one year anniversary when I started playing the games.

Recent accomplishments:
Cleared all main Windows games with all shot types on Easy.
Cleared all main Windows games with at least one shot type on Normal (SA was the last).

DDC Extra Clear! I even managed a sight cap on Pristine Beat!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
I finally made it to Stage 4 again in a PCB Lunatic 1lc attempt.

While extremely tired/groggy from not sleeping well for two days.

I consider that an achievement.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Pirated

• Fairy of Average Intelljence
  • Touhou... that's an anime, right?
SA Luntaic Mode (with Ultra patch) 90fps 1lc No Focus No Bombs Pacifist No Vertical
1lc Lunatic HRtP No Amulets

Joking aside, I finally 1cc'd on normal a non-spinoff/phantasmagoria, and out of all of them Lotus Land Story.  :smug:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:19:48 AM by Pirated »

1cc N: PoDD, LLS, MS, PoFV
1cc H: You're joking, right?

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
PCB Lunatic 1-life clear!

Holy crap, what a rush. This was my first attempt that reached Stage 6 too. Thankfully I was able to keep my nerves in check for most of the Yuyuko fight. And just as I had wanted, I went into Resurrection Butterfly with enough bombs to cheese it in case i felt too uncomfortable.

This might be the last new survival accomplishment I get for PCB. Not that interested in going for a full perfect run because I don't trust the Stage 6 spam to cooperate. >.< Next up are some IN challenges, some of which are very long overdue.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
Congratulations and keep up the good work, Funen! :toot:

I finally got around to making MarisaB playable in DDC Extra, and I got to Raiko's 6th nonspell in one attempt. :)
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Ghost

EoSD LNB (7 Miss)

>die tonnes while practicing stages 4,5 and 6
>fluke everything in full run

Eh I'll take it

Died to meiling because blegh
Died to books because lol
Died at the end of stage 4 because I messed up
Didn't capture patchouli's first card because she doesn't co-operate
Pretty sure that was the first time I've captured her last card, or at least not the lowest rank version of it.
Died to sakuya's first spell card because panic
Died to killing doll because it's impossible
Fluked eternal Meek
Fluked all of Remilia, except for dying twice to Scarlet Meister because it's even more impossible than killing doll.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
TD Lunatic 1cc. It only took a week and it wasn't half as hard as UFO. :v
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:00:54 PM by Cream Soda »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
IN Stage 4A Lunatic perfect run.

Holy shit finally. This is a bigger weight off my shoulders than you'd expect, because I no longer have to worry about Reimu's Last Spell. :V

EDIT: Why does it seem like whenever I do a full run of Stage 6B, I always end up failing most of Kaguya's spells? Still not sure if I really want to perfect this stage, but there is one good result so far: I captured all her Last Spells in one go for the first time. If I can just get a bit more comfortable at Rising World, I might have a chance.

EDIT #2: Wow I must be going too fast to be making this many edits. :P

First NMNB run of IN Stage 6B Lunatic (failed the last three Last Spells, all in pretty derpy fashion lol).

My how quickly things have turned. For the first time, a full perfect run of this stage seems within reach, which is a little mind-blowing considering how much trouble I've had with this fight before.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:12:02 PM by ふねん1 »

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
As of right now, I have just got a 1cc of MoF on Normal Difficulty :). The run started off good with me doing much better then my previous runs due to some derpish stuff that happened in the first run. I can't remember what I died on but I might have a vid up tomorrow with the replay and commentary. I also got through Mountain of Faith using only one bomb and losing no lives on my first time getting to the card.

I remember where I died now I died 3 times at Stage 4 :V and 1 time to Kanako.

But I am happy that I got this as I felt like I could do it for the longest time but something always happened like I would lose all my lives on stage 4 or derp death to Hina.

EDIT: Video
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 12:46:16 PM by KingofBaka »
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
IN Stage 4A Lunatic perfect run.
Grats man. That's one of my favourite accomplishments of my own, and it's nice to see others do the same. I tried to do 6B as well back in the day (as with when I did 4A and 6A, it was partially fueled by the fact that I simply couldn't find video on youtube of a run that I was happy with, i.e. with last spells as well) but Kaguya was too hard for me and then I quit touhou in general. If you really plan to do that, good luck, because I still want to see someone do it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:19:24 PM by Chuckolator »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

If you really plan to do that, good luck, because I still want to see someone do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctfNmznWlaE

This seems to be the most appropriate place I can think of to mention this. Managed my first 1cc in Evanescent Existence. Been going for this on and off since around April. In hindsight, I should have either cleared easy or use practice mode more.

1cc Replay in normal

I don't know why, but this run came together when I decided to use my bombs for score on the stage 2 and 3 boss. I'll come back to Perfect Cherry Blossom scoring later.