Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 211485 times)

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Re: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
3MNB MOF Normal, perfect up until the death fairy right before Kanako. (I died to that?  :getdown:)

I'm close to my NNN :V :3
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:18:38 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
Re: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2014, 06:06:25 AM »
Now that I have a computer that doesn't totally suck, I cleared all 6 routes on Fairy Wars lunatic.

The runs are all really sloppy, but whatever. A clear is a clear.

« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2014, 03:28:19 AM »
not really a real accomplishment but i got to stage 6 on easy mode of ufo, sadly had to quit right away to stupid bullets going all over the place, still a ton of bs but at least enjoyable,(If you know why i'm so happy see my second recent post in rage thread).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:46:39 AM by pokemon123 »
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2014, 08:20:43 PM »
I just cleared DDC lunatic with Sakuya A. It was surprisingly easy with all the bombs and Sakuya A being awesome.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2014, 11:23:40 PM »
  :toot::toot: I just cleared PCB Extra Everyone!!! :toot: :toot:
Barring a few derpy mistakes(2 Lives lost at Kokkuri-san's Contract :colonveeplusalpha:, Life lost on the 8th nonspell) I think I did pretty good. As usual, Replay is below if you want to see it.
I actually regained Motivation after gameovering to Illusion God "Descent of Izuna Gongen" with 2 bombs in stock. I made a promise to myself that I would defeat Ran before the day is over and it worked. :)
I worked for a while to get this, so I hope you enjoy the replay that I have provided.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2014, 04:33:51 AM »
okay cool got first legit 1 cc with marisa  c on mof. so that makes three touhou games 1 cced!
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2014, 10:13:21 PM »
I've finally cleared DDC on Normal with Reimu A.
It took what seems like forever! Even if I played it seriously for one week during July and I've got back to it the last week aha. But for how much I love the systems in this game and the shot types and the first four stages I absolutely despise the last two, especially the final boss battle.
But while using Marisa B led me only to failure (I know I could bomb spam the entire game but I find her really fun and I prefer enjoying myself instead of doing something that would net me a simple 1cc without any joy) Reimu A made the clear possible after a few tries where essentially I adapted to the mechanics of the Gohei (it really feels awful to use) and learning how to do Benben instead of Yatsuhashi.
And also I've bombed the entirety of the sixth stage like there is no tomorrow but fuck it I hate that stage I hate midboss Seija and I hate hate hate Sukuna.

So blabbity blabbity blah here is my replay.

And here is a Sakuya A Normal 1cc which I did right after the first one. I've never really played seriously with her so I didn't really plan to get very far into the game but she's pretty broken aha. I've also managed to perfect Seija's but I can't really be satisfied with it.

« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:43 AM »
MOF 1CC Normal
IN 1CC Normal
GFW 1CC Easy
DDC 1CC Easy
POTFV 1CC Normal
PODD 1CC Normal
LLS 1CC Normal
ISC Gotten to scene 10
DS Gotten to scene 10
Never 1CC EOSD because of Sakuya
Never 1CC on Normal TD because of Miko ( with Youmu )

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2014, 05:28:57 AM »
Is it okay to resurrect the Fantastic Danmaku Festival later? Version 1.03 of the game has been released. In it includes a spellcard challenge (the only thing I can compare this to are the things like the last words in IN). As far as achievements go:

I managed to capture 4 of the stage 1 challenges

I'm going to have to do live plays just to see if the 5th spellcard lags on me while recording later.

Edit: Was double checking the forum rules. I read its better to make a new topic and link to the old one. Just not sure if I should make one right away.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:59:30 PM by t_prinny »

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2014, 02:21:04 AM »
I've going through all of the games in order on normal first. So far:

--EoSD 1cc
--PoFV 1cc
--MoF 1cc

However, I'm working on MoF hard right now because 1) Normal was so easy I was disappointed and 2) The extra stage got re-locked for some reason ???. I had 1/3 of the health bar left on VoWG on my last attempt (after screwing up the first stage a bunch of times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2014, 08:17:07 AM »
Is it okay to resurrect the Fantastic Danmaku Festival later? Version 1.03 of the game has been released. In it includes a spellcard challenge (the only thing I can compare this to are the things like the last words in IN). As far as achievements go:

I managed to capture 4 of the stage 1 challenges

I'm going to have to do live plays just to see if the 5th spellcard lags on me while recording later.

Edit: Was double checking the forum rules. I read its better to make a new topic and link to the old one. Just not sure if I should make one right away.
I'd say in the specific case of fangame threads, it's better to revive the old thread. Fan games get so little discussion that it can be useful to keep the discussion in one place.

Better to create a new thread if it's a more general topic.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »
After doing some runs for the past few days, I got a PCB Extra clear! :toot:

...Except I'm not glad at all. About half of Ran's patterns, spellcards and nonspells alike, are an unenjoyable mess I don't want to touch again, so I don't even care to do it with other shottypes. The only good part is that I can finally face Yukari, but...

« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
Got my first IN Hard 1cc just now, much to my surprise.

This was actually my first time playing IN on Hard. I had seen videos of Lunatic runs before, of course, but I'd never tried anything above Normal myself. Since I also remembered hearing that IN's Hard was supposed to be a big jump in difficulty, I thought I'd play it safe and give myself 2 extra lives to start with. I need not have worried; my inexperience did cause me some trouble occasionally, especially against Kaguya, but the Border Team's small hitbox and Reimu's ridiculous deathbomb saw me through to the end fairly easily, and I finished with 3 extra lives and 0 bombs.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2014, 05:29:33 AM »
Opened up MoF after not playing anything for months and got my first ever capture of Suwa War. Now the only one missing from the stage is Jade River. Seems like I always do my best when I'm out of practice.

Also wow profile says I haven't posted here since last December.  :ohdear: Where does the time go.

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
SA Lunatic 1cc. This seemed intimidating at first, but I guess it is one of the easier Lunatics after all, even without ReimuC's bomb.

4 main games left.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:24:36 PM by Andrew »

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2014, 05:12:06 AM »
Double Dealing Character Lunatic 2-Miss No Bombs

Pretty strange run. I NMNB'd stages 1-4. Died to Seija's last spell (I was a nervous wreck and did it weirdly). Then I failed Sukuna's last spell at the very end! ARGHHH!

I can't tell whether this is a victory or a loss. I lost a potential NMNB AND a 1MNB, yet I did improve upon my 3MNB.

Maybe I'll take this further. I've noticed some strange consistency in stage 3 I didn't have before.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
Got past "Woo."

... Actually, that's the farthest I've gotten at IN Extra...
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2014, 01:02:44 AM »
Did a few runs of IN Extra tonight as I had some time to kill. First two runs were me shaking off some rust, but on the third, I finally, finally redeemed myself on Phoenix Tail, and I even managed to luck my way through the eighth nonspell. Too bad I messed up my streaming on Possessed by Phoenix, but whatever. More mental strengthening for the future if nothing else.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2014, 05:07:58 AM »
So there I was, once again with my futile attempts trying to No-Item 5-2 in ISC and...IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED:

I FINALLY NO ITEM THIS BASTARD OF AN SCENE!!

And it "ONLY" took 5,000+ ATTEMPTS...

:wat: I don't exactly know how to feel about this, but at the end it IS a victory so yeah!  :)

This damned scene was SO CLOSE to actually make me quit trying to No Item all ISC...REALLY close!...

I actually got sick of the BGM for this scene, I DO NOT want to hear it anymore, not for a LOOONG time at least  :D

So I mostly feel good about this, but it makes me wonder, if I took this many attempts to No Item this thing, how many will the other 5 scenes left to no item (!), particularly freaking Fitful Nightmare take for me?... :ohdear:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:11:04 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
Finally did a 1cc of MoF on Hard, with no lives or bombs left by the end of VoWG...and I was about to get walled in. I am utterly shocked that I didn't have a heart attack after that. On to SA, now!

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »
I got another Normal 1cc, and this one is on Imperishable Night with the Magic Team! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34658

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmSSrgxE_k
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:52:08 PM by Ranko Hoshino »
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2014, 10:14:19 PM »
IN Extra Stage Clear (Border Team)

Extra stages are so much fun and I love Reach for the Moon Immortal Smoke so much, I think I've spent 3 or 4 hours this afternoon on this but I can't really tell since I was enjoying myself too much. Now I'll try to get a better run with the ghastly ladies, I'm still trying to figure out how to capture Fujiyama Volcano doing some cool things with Myon, it may be one of my favourite pattern in the whole game. :P

« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2014, 04:16:07 PM »
Decided to look at more danmakufu scripts.

Fairies of Sorceries Normal 690 Million Run Annotated

Second time I managed to clear this (couldn't save the replay for the first clear since I wasn't sure where the save replay option was located). Prior to this run, I had no idea there was more to the burst system other than hitting the c key to use a burst.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2014, 11:20:13 PM »

Replay - Screenshot

Not so out of practice now, it seems.

microfolk

• I'ts absolutely
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2014, 01:41:04 PM »
UFO Normal 1cc with Reimu A

I've been playing this game for just three days so my UFO routes after the third stages are pretty much improvised but still I've managed to reach Byakuren with 6 lives and 1 bomb. "No problem" I say to myself, "though I've beaten Hijiri just once I've got enough bomb to skip every single attack 'till Superhuman and the last two spellcards are not that difficult, I can do it!"
Then I proceed to LOSE ALL MY LIVES BECAUSE I'M A DUMBASS and when FF  begins I've got 0 remaining lives and 0 bombs.
And then I capture FF on the second time I've ever seen that card.
I'm still laughing.

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2014, 06:03:39 AM »
PoFV Lunatic 1cc with Marisa

That was fast. Got this on my first attempt in over a year. I was doing pretty badly against Shikieiki, but I just barely managed to pull through and beat her on my very last life.

3 main games left. TD is said to be an easy game, so I'll play that next.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:31:07 AM by Andrew »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:37:14 AM by Ranko Hoshino »
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

I just cleared Phantasmagoria Trues Standard! I've been trying for this for a while, and it certainly feels like an accomplishment. Now I guess I'll go after the hidden route...
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

Suwapyon 2 Extra Clear

I didn't expect to get the extra clear in this so soon. I sort of figured out how to play for survival by the time I managed to pull this run off.

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~

IN 134th clear. Full LNN, no failed last spells.
Will post a video link tomorrow, takes quite a while to upload a full run :<
Video here.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 08:57:06 PM by Mr Jovial »