Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams  (Read 364623 times)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You, Ei, Yume - Gameplay Translation into deep Dreams
« Reply #810 on: September 10, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
Hard mode Makura is a jerk. Double maps killed Sanae and Kogasa before I even got to her 2nd spell. Indian Amulet doesn't seem to use her map, which is quite wierd. Sweet Dream is actually not that bad, all I need are people with long range. She can't even kill anyone in that phase, so it's kinds a big old whatever.

Don't get into her MAP Range at all, save a single unit to get used to Lunatic (On hard, she maps if there are more than 2 units in range, Lunatic is more than 1)  I did my fight with Makura mostly on far range. 

Indian Amulet is completely free with Kurumi, but not necessary, it just makes it so that it is possible to sink Makura's next card a little more. 
The safest way is just cast Alert with your evasion units, Fury pass her danmaku damage debuff during Indian Amulet.  Move Kaguya last, and have her use the Shell PS to cast Grit off everyone in front.  If you really want to be super safe, summon 2 (3 on Lunatic) Alice Dolls before doing the Shell PS.  There is almost no way to have anyone die in that set up during the turn you pass over to her using her MAP that turn.  She will take the first few of her moves hitting a doll having Grit on, and then MAPing anyone in range that will just either miss or take just 10 damage.

I learn my lesson the hard way during Sweet Dream, some of my units are locked in place, but the best thing to do actually is use both Elly and Yaname movement locking PS for the 4 turns (both of them can do it twice), so she does not mess with my attack placements too badly.

It's a good thing that they took Guard off her final card where she casts everything, otherwise, it is just a shitshow.
Kogasa's Surprise, Daunt Spam, and Disturb makes surviving the final MAP attacks very easy.  Things may still die due to shit luck however.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:06:17 AM by c l e a r »

« Reply #811 on: September 11, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »
In chapter 66 there is a hidden "bonus",
if Shou and Nazrin reach the mark on the map before the appearance Ship (by default - the sixth phase of player), they throw one cell back, and the marked cell is blocked by the Magic Insect (roughly speaking, it has double stats for Armor, HP, Mobility, Attack Power and Accuracy) It additionally carries part for 10,000 points.
His appearance speeds up the reinforcements trigger for +1, Shou and Nazrin can reach the mark on the second turn, and theoretically you can cause a maximum of three such insects, since they will appear every time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 07:59:14 AM by Nikkanoffun »

« Reply #812 on: September 14, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
man doing Shinki's stage on hard made me appreciate a lot the fact that i can just time out her attacks and how Mokou doesnt care about staying at low hp. so i decided to just finish dumping my wp on Mokou and i am trying to decide what do i chose for her the mp regen, the sp regen and the extra damage are all too tempting to me.   

« Reply #813 on: September 21, 2017, 04:05:28 AM »
Hi there, I'm having some issues with GST You, and I was wondering if anyone could help. On Chapter 33, after the last turn of Resurrection Butterfly, immediately after Yukari's first dialogue box, the game goes into a soft lock state, i.e Yukari, Ran, Chen and the other fodder enemies which are supposed to appear do not appear. I initially ran into the issue when running the game with wine on OSX, however I still encounter it after running it on Windows 10. I suspect this has something to do with my save file/game data.  I'm running version 1.0.6.1 of You which came pre-patched with the english translation. My quicksave (turn 3 of RB) can be found here https://ufile.io/pajsj. I would appreciate it if someone could attempt to replicate the softlock/send me the intermission save file if you don't encounter the bug. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:14:09 AM by DImentioK »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #814 on: September 21, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »
Hi there, I'm having some issues with GST You, and I was wondering if anyone could help. On Chapter 33, after the last turn of Resurrection Butterfly, immediately after Yukari's first dialogue box, the game goes into a soft lock state, i.e Yukari, Ran, Chen and the other fodder enemies which are supposed to appear do not appear. I initially ran into the issue when running the game with wine on OSX, however I still encounter it after running it on Windows 10. I suspect this has something to do with my save file/game data.  I'm running version 1.0.6.1 of You which came pre-patched with the english translation. My quicksave (turn 3 of RB) can be found here https://ufile.io/pajsj. I would appreciate it if someone could attempt to replicate the softlock/send me the intermission save file if you don't encounter the bug. Thanks.

iirc, this is a problem with the trasnlation patch.  I was playing on JP and had no problems.
If you can get a copy of GST You in Japanese and play it normally, I'm sure it will get pass it.

« Reply #815 on: September 21, 2017, 11:51:46 PM »
Thanks for responding to my query. I did as you said and tried running a JP version of the game. The game version is ver1.0.0 . The game loads and displays the title screen okay when I ran the executable. I then tried loading my ver1.0.6.3 save file and it failed to load. I assume this is because the save files are not forward compatible.

Okay, so I then tried to apply the official sanbondo patch for v1.0.0 -> v1.2.0, i.e. https://www.axfc.net/u/3734046.zip . When I run the patch executable, I am required to select a directory. I selected the "data" folder in the Gensou Shoujo Taisen You game folder. The two progress bars filled up successfully, and this repeated twice for 1.0.4 -> 1.0.8 and 1.0.8 -> 1.2.0.
However, when I ran gsw02.exe, the game still appears to be version ver1.0.0. What did I do wrongly in applying the update patch?

EDIT: Nevermind, the save files ARE "forward compatible". Since my quicksave didn't work, I redid the chapter and managed to get past the end dialogue. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:33:34 AM by DImentioK »

« Reply #816 on: September 28, 2017, 02:29:47 AM »
Does anyone know how to fast forward the dialogue?

EDIT: Oh, it's S+W.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:50:14 AM by articneet »

« Reply #817 on: October 01, 2017, 01:41:49 AM »
Does anyone know how to fast forward the dialogue?
In Kou you could do so by pressing the "triangle" button (default "S" in keyboard), in later games for whatever reason it doesn't work anymore though you can just entirely skip all the dialogue by pressing START (default "Enter" in keyboard).

Btw, for those interested, the new 1.1.4.1 patch unlocked the Lunatic dfficulty.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:48:43 AM by Libra »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #818 on: October 05, 2017, 11:26:23 PM »
I really wish FMW 4 NG+ let you have all units from the start, even though it breaks the story.

You barely get to play with some of the new units and you only get
Spoiler:
Yuuka
for two whole maps, one of which is a speedbump chapter.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #819 on: October 06, 2017, 09:11:09 AM »
so does the latest game have a gameplay patch yet? been away quite awhile. holding off on starting the 4 game series till i can play them all at once.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #820 on: October 30, 2017, 08:13:42 AM »
Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to be patching these games to the latest version?  Every time I try with the latest/correct patch and run it with Locale Emulator, it either fails or the bars fill up to 100% (which I assume means it worked).  In either case, whenever I open the game, it doesn't update to the correct version and any bugs associated with that version is still there.   For example, with You, using the base game and updating with '100 to 120' patch changes nothing despite all the progress bars being filled in the patching process. 

This has happened with both Kou and You.

« Reply #821 on: November 22, 2017, 12:24:08 AM »
I recently completed the re-passage of the game on patch 1.1.4 (Hard)
Here are some changes:

Spoiler:

Chapter 65 and 66 - you no longer lose 10% of the MP from the forefront characters each turn.
Chapter 66 - the event with MAP attack Sanae now passes automatically (well, it was too good)
Chapter 72 - The catfish was significantly weakened (now the battle is rather boring ...), now its fields are simply cut by half of the HP characters in the forefront (at the beginning of activation and at the beginning of each turn) and immobilize them when the HP threshold is reached.
Chapter 73 - Byakuren and Mima lost their field statuses and were reduced from square to rhombic (-20% damage to Byakuren and -65% damage from shooting attacks Mima now only on the Lunatic)
Moko is resurrected 4 -> 1 time
Kaguya Blocks 6 -> 4 attacks each turn
Rabbits stopped activation field
Tenshi no longer has access to the seishins
Chapter 75 - 1 spell card Yuuka not only nullifies the effect of all defensive seishines (不屈, 閃き, 鉄壁, 集中), and also blocks the effect of seishin to increases your damage (熱血, 捨て身, ,激闘, 魂)
2 spell card will restore the downed clones at the beginning of each turn (Yuuka's position is chosen randomly?)
Chapter 77 - Makura received two additional seishins patterns (直撃→順応→集中 + 必中→不屈→激闘 + 手加減→集中→気迫 + 必中→閃き→狙撃), the nightmares called up by her spell card now have the same set of skills and seishins. In the final spell card, her HP is lowered from 450k to 350k.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #822 on: November 26, 2017, 04:40:09 PM »
What does Patchouli's friendship level with Marisa become if you choose her in Stage 29M?  Akurasu's friendship chart only indicates it increases from base 1, not how many levels it increases.

On that note, it seems that the friendship chart there hasn't been updated with any new friendships from Dream, since I'm assuming some of the obvious candidates would get friendship bonuses. 

« Reply #823 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:59 PM »
 It increases in one level, so it becomes level 2.

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #824 on: December 03, 2017, 07:37:13 AM »
It increases in one level, so it becomes level 2.
Thank you for confirming.  Some comments I found suggested more, but this is more consistent with the other friendship increases.

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #825 on: December 10, 2017, 04:47:44 AM »
idk, but I still cannot unlock lunatic.
play through 3 times, and still cannot unlock it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:51:17 AM by c l e a r »

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #826 on: December 23, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »
Out of curiosity, is Shotgunning a good investment on the new Marisa in Ei?  It seems like it would go well with Malice Canon (at times) and makes Blazing Star a great finisher.

I already spent wasted PP on being indecisive about MP Save or Predict 1 (on top of buying P-Hit, Will Limit Break, and Belief 1), so I'm trying not to waste more PP.  If Shotgunning is more useful, which skill should be replaced?

« Reply #827 on: December 23, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »
  It's not necessarily bad but I wouldn't call it very good either, it helps when dealing against regular enemies, but against bosses Marisa generally relies more on staying away and using Final Spark.

« Reply #828 on: December 23, 2017, 05:20:14 PM »
So, I have a problem with playing You. Whenever I launch the game, all the japanese text is missing (there's only blank spaces instead of it). Overall everything works without any issues, but when I try to use a Spirit spell, the game just freezes. Can anyone help me with this problem?

« Reply #829 on: December 23, 2017, 05:21:52 PM »
You've got to play with Japanese locale on for spirits to work properly, since the translation is incomplete.

« Reply #830 on: December 23, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »
You've got to play with Japanese locale on for spirits to work properly, since the translation is incomplete.
What do i do? I already tried launching the game with AppLocale on japanese, but it results in an error

« Reply #831 on: December 23, 2017, 08:22:20 PM »
What do i do? I already tried launching the game with AppLocale on japanese, but it results in an error

Maybe try a different locale switching program? Or, if the error mentions missing .dls files, then this thread might be helpful in resolving it.

« Reply #832 on: December 24, 2017, 06:14:18 AM »
Maybe try a different locale switching program? Or, if the error mentions missing .dls files, then this thread might be helpful in resolving it.
Ok, using a different program helped. Thanks a lot

« Reply #833 on: December 26, 2017, 06:58:42 AM »
If I correctly understood the messages on Twitter - Sanbondo plan to release an extra chapter. Maybe this is a hint of a new series? Previously, they did not exclude the possibility, after being shown Doremi controlling sheep.

« Reply #834 on: January 05, 2018, 07:27:15 PM »
I don't really know why, but I think I'm doing something wrong when updating the games. It still says the same version no matter how many time I try, is there a guide to update them?

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #835 on: January 07, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »
I don't really know why, but I think I'm doing something wrong when updating the games. It still says the same version no matter how many time I try, is there a guide to update them?

While I can't help, I had the same problem patching the first two games.  The third and fourth patched fine.

« Reply #836 on: January 07, 2018, 08:57:37 PM »
While I can't help, I had the same problem patching the first two games.  The third and fourth patched fine.

Oh man, I had no troubles for the first 2 actually lmao

« Reply #837 on: January 19, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »
I'm playing the NG+ on hard after finishing normal challenger for 2 runs. I have tons of cash and PP and should be fine, with many units get lots of PP put into accuracy and evasion. About 5 stages in.  Why is it so frustrating? I seem to regularly miss 95%+ hits and the enemy hits me on a 1% for about 3 times already. Freaking 1%. Is there any change in the formula or something since things seems to be super unfair and even hitting normal enemies is extremely hard when you're not reimu. Unless it's 100% or 0% I can never be sure of the outcome.
Anyone without strike will never be able to hit boss if I don't bring someone with attune if the boss cast focus.

And this isn't even Lunatic. This difficulty curve is sort of extreme and I don't even know what hit me. Also the enemy's pilot stat doesn't really seem to be all that high either. Where is this evasiveness coming from?

seki108

• Mecha lover
« Reply #838 on: January 28, 2018, 02:21:18 AM »
I have a quick question about the new difficulty sub-options (Basic, Standard, and Challenger??) that were added in Dream.

I believe earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that Hard difficulty--Standard-- was comparable to the Hard difficulty of the past 3 games (and bosses no longer start using spirits) , whereas Hard--challenger-- was comparable to Lunatic including using spirits (just with Hard difficulty's resource acquisition percentages).  Is this still true in the current patch, since there have many changes by now and Akurasu isn't up to date?

« Reply #839 on: January 28, 2018, 08:26:38 AM »
 I'm pretty sure bosses still use Spirits in Hard-Standard, you need to lower it to Basic to stop them from doing so. Hard-Challenge is basically Lunatic stat-wise, the main differences between Hard-Challenge and Lunatic is that in the latter certain mob enemies start using spirits, almost every boss gets Double Action, and all bosses who already had it get Triple Action; certain spellcard effects are also boosted accordingly. Note that the sub-options have no effect when playing on Lunatic.