Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: Like Fire Emblem But It's Chibi And It Lives In Your Phone  (Read 135352 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
As much as I'm glad that were randomly getting 10 stones out of nowhere for no reason, it's kind of sad that there's such a lack of content atm that this is about the only way of getting more. Besides killing 20 units everyday but that's not content.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
As much as I'm glad that were randomly getting 10 stones out of nowhere for no reason, it's kind of sad that there's such a lack of content atm that this is about the only way of getting more. Besides killing 20 units everyday but that's not content.
I wish for more on the main story to be honest I mean that cliffhanger is not doing any justice at all.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
Used the stones to try fish out camilla again but pulled a mrobin out of one of the sets that had no greens. Three stars, but his pull thing had an animation for it. What was that, who gets these? Not even marth had one. I'm guessing it's for the recent protagonists only, like maybe fcorrin had one maybe?

There is a reason. FEH has official streams in Japan, and they did a quiz thing for the JP audience, and every question was answered correctly.. Unlike Gungho though, they globalized the rewards for everyone.

It really blows my mind that they have this high-grade PR but GH doesn't.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
There is a reason. FEH has official streams in Japan, and they did a quiz thing for the JP audience, and every question was answered correctly.. Unlike Gungho though, they globalized the rewards for everyone.

OH WOW THAT MAKES SENSE! Why I got those random gems and stuff.

@Mea Marth has an animation summon one... I mean I have him, but he's 4*
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

MatsuriSakuragi

I'm seriously considering dropping this game due to how painfully slow it is. Like, I get that it's just starting off, and it takes a while for mobage to take off (god, look how long it took pad) but this game is skimpy on the content and heavy on the grind and I simply don't have the patience for it anymore.

commandercool

• alter cool
Alright, time for my next PVP frequency list. Tiki is being nerfed slightly this time since I realized I hadn't been dividing her properly between adult and young before. However it'll be a slight nerf since a VAST majority of her appearances since then have been Young Tiki, who I'll be referring to as tiki. I'm going to use the proportion of Tiki vs tiki in my last sample size to split her previous recorded numbers appropriately between her two forms. This update is almost the same sample size as all of my previous updates combined (my last list included 68 rounds and this one adds 52 more, for a total of 120) so those numbers should be fair accurate.

51/120: tiki

32/120: Lucina

29/120: Takumi

27/120: Effie

22/120: Camilla

21/120: MRobin

15/120: Marth

14/120: Ephraim, Julia, Nino, Nowi

13/120: Eirika, Ninian

12/120: Roy

11/120: Sharena

10/120: Azura, Olivia

9/120: Kagero

8/120: Lyn, Minerva, Reinhardt, Sheena

7/120: Hector, Jeorge, MCorrin, Ryoma, Seliph, Tharja

6/120: Catria, Eldigan, Lissa

5/120: Merric, Priscilla, Raven

4/120: Abel, Caida, Cordelia, Hawkeye, Klein, Lilina, Linde, Sakura, Tiki

3/120: Anna, Fae, FCorrin, Hinoka, Kagero, Peri

2/120: Beruka, Chrom, Clarine, Elise, Gordin, Gunter, Jaffar, Maria, Niles, Olwen, Ogma

1/120: Azama, Cain, Cecilia, Cherche, Felicia, Hanna, Lucius, Narcian, Odin, Rys, Sanaki, SChrom, Setsuna, Subaki, Virion

Biggest gain: tiki (as usual) with +21. She did lose a bit of ground overall, but she's still the clear frontrunner.
Newcomers to the list: Cain, Elise, Hanna, Karel, Lucius, Narcian, Odin, Spring Chrom, and Virion
Weird coincidences: Olivia and Azura in the same bracket. No Ninian though.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
I had a small epiphany and decided to try out drag back on hinoka's B-passive slot. Formerly it was quick riposte just to stick something there since I didn't have any better ideas to try out. Quick riposte was a somewhat good idea on paper, if you can counter attack and land all four hits, that's theoretically a full special charge right there, but in practice, there really isn't a whole lot of units that can withstand four jabs from her lance. Taking out does lose you out on those otkos on some bulky red sword lords like marth but it's not too missing.

I haven't yet tested it extensively, but drag back is working pretty well. I still don't have the easter camilla and so was still plagued with the ranged units problem. Drag back allows a heavy hitter to orko an enemy and then retreat back a space, who can then be further pulled back using any of my other two reposition units. As a hit-and-run strategy, it works pretty well when you've got your units positioned well and on a map that doesn't hamper it. It'll probably work a lot better once the pre-battle positioning patch is released. Currently, the worst maps for this team are the ones where the two teams are too close together. There isn't enough time or space for baiting and maneuvering.

Then I faced a team with two takumis and I noticed another potential problem in how I don't have a way of dealing with two takumis on demand atm. I'm going to have to figure that one out.

e: also, camilla isn't really pulling her weight much at the moment. She doesn't have reposition (leaving the unit paired with her less mobile), and her attack isn't that special without buffs. She's amazing once desperation kicks in, but that takes some setup. Most of the time, she sits behind the lines. That being the case, I'm considering either trying out another unit in her place, or swapping out her savage blow for something more supportive.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:59:22 AM by Mеа »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Friendly reminder - we're having a "permadeath" event sooner or later, where if your unit dies during the event you can't use it in event-related activities anymore.  As a result, I'd try to get the 4* units you have lying around to 40 if you aren't already doing so.

We should also be getting an announcement of the Shadows of Valentia tie-in banner in the next couple days.

commandercool

• alter cool
I had a small epiphany and decided to try out drag back on hinoka's B-passive slot. Formerly it was quick riposte just to stick something there since I didn't have any better ideas to try out. Quick riposte was a somewhat good idea on paper, if you can counter attack and land all four hits, that's theoretically a full special charge right there, but in practice, there really isn't a whole lot of units that can withstand four jabs from her lance. Taking out does lose you out on those otkos on some bulky red sword lords like marth but it's not too missing.

I haven't yet tested it extensively, but drag back is working pretty well. I still don't have the easter camilla and so was still plagued with the ranged units problem. Drag back allows a heavy hitter to orko an enemy and then retreat back a space, who can then be further pulled back using any of my other two reposition units. As a hit-and-run strategy, it works pretty well when you've got your units positioned well and on a map that doesn't hamper it. It'll probably work a lot better once the pre-battle positioning patch is released. Currently, the worst maps for this team are the ones where the two teams are too close together. There isn't enough time or space for baiting and maneuvering.

Then I faced a team with two takumis and I noticed another potential problem in how I don't have a way of dealing with two takumis on demand atm. I'm going to have to figure that one out.

e: also, camilla isn't really pulling her weight much at the moment. She doesn't have reposition (leaving the unit paired with her less mobile), and her attack isn't that special without buffs. She's amazing once desperation kicks in, but that takes some setup. Most of the time, she sits behind the lines. That being the case, I'm considering either trying out another unit in her place, or swapping out her savage blow for something more supportive.

I've strongly considered Drag Back on Camilla, it's great when it's great, but my main concern is that it will move her in situations where I don't want her to be moved, like away from my Spur Def Olivia or Fortify Atk FCorrin. Let me know what you find if you end up trying it.

As for Camilla not always pulling her weight, that's definitely true. I've said this before, but Camilla's role isn't really as a main tentpole. There are too many things that she just can't scratch. Her job is to counter certain types of units, especially magic units, which she generally does very effective. I recommend putting Glacier on her if you can for boosted damage output regardless of the situation, but really she's best suited to take on certain unit types that might otherwise give your team trouble.

As for Savage Blow, it's cool, but it probably isn't really great on her because she can't really sustain herself for very long if she's diving into the middle of the enemy team, which is where it's best used. I've considered replacing it with Spur Spd or something on my Camilla and only haven't done it because I already used all of my SP on Glacier and I like having Savage Blow for thematic reasons.

And of course replacing her entirely makes a lot of sense if you just aren't finding yourself struggling with the units she counters (Julia, MRobin, Reinhardt).

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

I don't think I'd call 'random shit out of nowhere' high quality PR, actually.

Like 90% of the english fanbase probably doesn't know what happened, and if anything they'd see it as a replacement for the daily orbs at best. Hell, it's STILL a terrible info bias to the JP users, as they were even the first to know what skill inherit even was going to be (and probably the only ones who could've stopped that fuck up).

Edit: etc, etc, also include lambasting perma-death as another method of making you regret chippering too many units after making an economy based on that

feh sux etc, new thread
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:11:30 PM by Chaore »

Friendly reminder - we're having a "permadeath" event sooner or later, where if your unit dies during the event you can't use it in event-related activities anymore.  As a result, I'd try to get the 4* units you have lying around to 40 if you aren't already doing so.

Edit: etc, etc, also include lambasting perma-death as another method of making you regret chippering too many units after making an economy based on that

it's not permadeath, it's really more akin to the ironman style of fire emblem play

if a unit gets killed you don't lose them, they just have to sit out for the rest of the event, which is odd because this is the first time they're officially supporting this mode (its fan-made)

Like 90% of the english fanbase probably doesn't know what happened, and if anything they'd see it as a replacement for the daily orbs at best. Hell, it's STILL a terrible info bias to the JP users, as they were even the first to know what skill inherit even was going to be (and probably the only ones who could've stopped that fuck up).

iirc only the quiz event has been unannounced so far, everything else showed up on the nintendo website/ingame bulletin boards/phone notification the day after (due to timezone differences), and they're still updating the april dev blog, so I wouldn't say it's as high as 90%

commandercool

• alter cool
Iron Man mode sounds fun as hell honestly. Count me in. My Camilla hasn't died yet during this voting gauntlet! It's weighted toward whales of course, as ever, but I think it might be fun depending on how it's implemented.

I can make a new thread in a while, but if anyone else wants to do it feel free.