Author Topic: Help a (9) with his PSP  (Read 9731 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Help a (9) with his PSP
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »
Okay, so I just bought a PSP bundle today...And I have some questions.

-Is it possible to put emulators onto the device without having to downgrade? I tried that with my Wii and I didn't like what I got.
-Can I transfer stuff to my memory stick, then put it into my PSP and play it from there? It feels irksome to have to use a cord because the bundle didn't come with it. =/

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Help a ⑨ with his PSP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:27:03 AM »
What model PSP?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:34:35 AM »
I god the Rock Band Unplugged bundle, so it's a 3001 model.

Edible

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 01:50:49 AM »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 02:15:15 AM »
Thanks. Looks like I will have to get a cable after all...Groan. Sony's almost as bad as Nintendo with all their foisting of gear onto us.

Edible

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 02:18:35 AM »

You're planning on playing pirated games on your PSP and you're complaining about purchasing additional hardware.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 02:47:06 AM »

You're planning on playing pirated games on your PSP and you're complaining about purchasing additional hardware.
I'm not made of money. =P

I probably shouldn't have updated anyways, the version update is 5.51 and the firmware I looked at is only for 5.03. Not like it matters. I don't play ROMs that much anyways.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 07:53:56 PM »
Well, since I can't run emulators on my PSP, I figure I might as well try to get a PSP emulator so I can at least play FFT War of the Lions or Mega Man Powered Up. Any suggestions?

Edible

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 08:17:13 PM »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 08:45:50 PM »
PSP emulator

ahaha :V
Yeah, I figured you'd say something like that. =P But I'm not too concerned about it. If in doubt, I can always get this. Or flash my DS to play ROMs.

Edible

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
Seriously though, what's preventing you from buying a cable?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030302&p_id=3896&seq=1&format=2

It's like 80 cents.  I didn't check shipping, but it's probably like two bucks.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »
Hindsight, probably. I didn't do the research and assumed the memory stick could be used in an SD card reader.

Herasy

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »
Flashing your DS will always be worth it. Not to mention it's so much easier to do than a PSP.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 04:30:30 AM »
There doesn't seem to be emulators for the GBA for the DS...And the Passthrough card i saw looks like a big massive tumor on the back. I might be wrong. Is there a a *good* page I can turn to for DS Flashing, one that gives details on which card is best and what I should use?

Herasy

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 07:06:58 AM »
There doesn't seem to be emulators for the GBA for the DS...And the Passthrough card i saw looks like a big massive tumor on the back. I might be wrong. Is there a a *good* page I can turn to for DS Flashing, one that gives details on which card is best and what I should use?

GBA emulation on the DS is impossible, best you can do is get a Slot-2 card and thats only possible if you don't have a DSi.

As for which card you should get...I am currently using an R4DS, very old junky card (no longer supported by its manufacturers either) but I have found it very reliable, you probably won't be able to find an R4 that isn't fake anywhere anymore though.

I can't really suggest the best card as I can't really decide between the brands that are out there. But what I can provide is a link to a forum with some info on cards.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=40

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »
It's funny how GBA emulation is impossible...ON A PLATFORM THAT CAN PLAY IT. WTF.

Well, thanks for the info, I probably won't get a flashcard right away but this is good to know.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »
It has to do with the fact that DS carts use Flash memory and GBA carts use a different kind that has faster read/write access or something. Running a GBA game off of a DS cart is nowhere near the same as running the GBA game off of the GBA cart, even though the DS itself is capable of running both. It's a weird technicality. :/

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 02:49:04 AM »
They must use two separate processors in the DS, then. No matter, I'll just have to get two cart(d)s, one for the GBA and the other for the DS.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 07:00:43 AM »
Well, since I won't be getting emulation on me DS for some time, can anyone recommend any good PSP games? I have Rock Band Unplugged and Gradius Collection, they're pretty good but I want to make sure I get the most out of my PSP before I consider getting a Go unit.

@Darkslime how did you get those progress pics in your signature?! They look cool. =3

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 03:00:40 PM »
Umm, I made them myself. I whipped up a C# program to put them together for me based on strings of numbers.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality