Author Topic: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Finish (Mod and Scum lose)  (Read 114575 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Magical Madness Mafia II, The Horrible Return (Day 2)
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
How come when i selfvote everyone thinks im scum but when actiondan selfvotes everyone avoids it like AIDS :wat:

##Vote: Actiondan

Probobly because Actiondan has hardly done anything and it's pretty much a wasted lynch. In all honesty it's more the fact he should swap out for someone or be outright modkilled at this stage, because he's a liabilty for the town, and lynching him is only wasteing our lynch.

Not to mention according to Conq ActionDan usually doesn't play like this and may be a jester wanting to be lynched.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #451 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:55 PM »
*In my opinion may be a jester wanting to be lynched. Missed out a key couple of words which made it look like Conq called him a Jester.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
chance of a jester are pretty slim and him being one are also slim.

Claiming beloved princess -> avoids being lynched -> claims jester -> again avoids being lynched.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
this is not bastard mod so no jesters

this is my best rawr impression btw

actiondan seems to be trying to not get lynched by whatever means necessary except self-voting so i dont know what to think

(This post is srs and also a test to see if rawr actually does ignore my posts)

« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
woah woah man, i still have the power of ctrl -f and search for rawr. maybe next time

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #455 on: October 03, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
Oh yeah, bastard elements maybe but not bastard itself.

OK ignore me being an idiot about Jesters then.

The point about a wasted lynch on A.D is still there.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #456 on: October 03, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »
I posted something then DATABASE ERROR.
Notepad, people. There's absolutely no reason not to be using it.

More scum than mafia. Dan, please vote mafia; we have even numbers ffs.

Chaotik: How's this. You gave a few gut reads before you made the analysis. Now that you've made the analysis, how does that inform your gut reads? That's the scummy thing about you doing the analysis and not coming to any conclusions; even if you don't have a lot of time, your post by post should have helped you evolve from your previous reads somewhat, and stating them doesn't require a lot of time. As it is, you're just performing busy work for the sake of busy work.

I leaning town on Chaotik for his recent analysis post if anything, but not onvinced and would lynch him over the above.

Raitaki has been arguing with Zakeri, and cheerleading my lynch D1 mostly. Not done much of substance. However, I do think Zakeri is town, so my opinion of him is low.

However, out of these 5, one of them isn't so much floundering, but instead always seems to be pushing on people I read town. As a result, it's him that I think is most likely to be scum out of this lot. Not to mention the suspicions most other people have against him, which I'm not gonna waste time just repeating.
Explain for me:
1) how Chaotik's conclusionless analysis post makes you lean town on him.
2) how Raitaki was cheeleading your D1 lynch
3) Why you think Zakeri is town
4) what are the suspicions that other people have against Raitaki that you speak of, because I think I've done a pretty good job addressing them and the fact that you just handwave them as not worth repeating is  :colonveeplusalpha:

Not being on the Dormio wagon doesn't exclude them from being scum. I just feel mafia are more likely to be on that wagon. I'd understand you being angry with me if this were later in the game, though, but I don't want to burn myself out chasing everybody at the same time. Also, I'm not including Rawr because his vote only came as the result of Raitaki misvoting.
So, for the purposes of wagon analysis, you're looking at Raitaki over rawr because of the deadline vote? You of all people should know that consolidation votes like that at the very end of the day are largely dependent on who's online at the time. Seems like a rather arbitrary way to use wagon analysis. Also, I could understand being "burned out" if this were a 21 player game or something, but it's 13 players and you've talked about only Raitaki for most of the day. Chaotick's position at the end of day one, for instance, was much the same as Raitaki's; what distinguishes the two that you'd look at one but not the other? Right now you're just using the wagon as an excuse to not comment on other people.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #457 on: October 03, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
I said I hadn't freaking finished it and I still haven't! I'm too busy with real life busy work to fit in the internet busy work!

As it is I'm still working for school.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #458 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »
Also, Chaotick.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #459 on: October 03, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
@my dear conq,

I feel guilty that the scum will NK you.

before this day ends I promise something.

##Unvote

to stave off the meter of death

p-edit

is it Sir Chao Tick?  like an italian bloodsucking parasite?

Don't lynch me.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #460 on: October 03, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
It's a portmanteau of chaotic(adjective) plus a tick, which is a repetitive mannerism without much reason to it. Examples are cracking your joints or fiddling with your pen. I suffer a lot from those.

Conqueror

« Reply #461 on: October 03, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »
Dan is a bad lynch today because I'm fairly sure at least one of Zakeri and Chaotick is scum, and failing that even a Raitaki lynch is better because then maybe you people will finally listen to me.

I kind of see Zakeri's Raitaki case as "look he's scum for this wait he's also scum for these other reasons (as of his previous post, which sort of made me stop waffling on him)".  Though hist latest post doesn't remedy the no other scum reads thing...
The fact that he keeps on pulling out reasons that he didn't provide in the first place should be a red flag; he keeps pulling out new points after his previous ones get shot down because he has no scumspects other than Raitaki and he knows he can't convincing push a mislynch on anyone else. I've pointed out why Zakeri's points don't hold water. But you didn't answer my question. Why do you think Zakeri is town?

Personally, I think Raitaki is scum partly due to the modvote (for lack of a better term) and his reaction to it and aside from that, gut.  I'm going to trust it on Raitaki because D2 I haven't failed to read him yet, though if his content massively improves I might just chalk it up to external factors.
The modvote is still stupid but whatever. What about his reaction is scummy about it? And why does this make his the best choice for lynch today? Today all you've done is go oh hey Raitaki vote and then eh maybe I'll switch to Raitaki and now you've gone back to Raitaki again for ??? reasons.
though if his content massively improves
You know he requested replacement and the mod gave him V/LA instead, right? What the fuck are you expecting?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #462 on: October 03, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »
SirChaotick: Off the top of your head, top scumreads. No pressure, just give us a sampling of your reads that isn't based on "activity".

Conqueror

« Reply #463 on: October 03, 2012, 06:06:08 PM »
Don't read back to crosscheck or anything. I want freeflow opinions. If you're town this should be easy.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #464 on: October 03, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »
Off the top of my head, Raitaki is an active suspect for repeatedly shoving Zakeri around in spite of the latter defending himself adequately in my opinion.
ActionDan is now moved to the active suspect department: as far as I understand, voting yourself is a fairly strong indicator of jesterness. That role is one that wards off voting. Normally that'd be fine, but he's already given himself a vote-warding role and that just seems like too much of a good thing.
I would like to say that Rawr is a suspect too, just for his horrid demeanour, but seeing as he defended himself well in his last few posts I have no case on him anymore.
Those are the ones that sprung to mind quickly: the rest is a little more muddy, except for Serela, on who I have a very strong townread. With reasons beyond the thread.

That's all the time I have for real now. Gotta go immediately. Sorry.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #465 on: October 03, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
Explain for me:
1) how Chaotik's conclusionless analysis post makes you lean town on him.
2) how Raitaki was cheeleading your D1 lynch
3) Why you think Zakeri is town
4) what are the suspicions that other people have against Raitaki that you speak of, because I think I've done a pretty good job addressing them and the fact that you just handwave them as not worth repeating is  :colonveeplusalpha:

1] Because unlike what most people have been failing to notice, I'm aware he's not finished. He is making a legitimate attempt to analyse the situation, and find which one of the two is more likely scum. I've also not seen anything from him which screams he is scummy. Now, I said I'm only leaning town on him, depending how his analysis finishes I could very easily flip the other way.

2] I believe this was already covered a few times... here are some quotes:

That said, I'll support a Raikaria lynch if the battery gets pretty low and no one else nominates a preferable lynch candidate, but I'd prefer letting him live. It's better for us newbies to get more time in the game to get more experience playing after all.

And I don't think Raikaria is scummy, but at the moment Raikaria and Bard are the only ones with people actually wanting to push a lynch on. As for Bard this kind of logicstaredown isn't uncommon for MotK mafia so I don't find him scummy either, and despite me not wanting to resort to lynching any newbies D1, unless Raikaria looks like town, Bard starts acting scummy or another lynch candidate appears I'd still prefer a Raikaria lynch over a Bard one.

No, I wasn't finding him town, I was talking about how him pouncing on Raikaria was not too out of place unlike what Serela said about it being suspicious. To clarify, I find both Raikaria and Bard are null, but between those two I'd prefer a Raikaria lynch.

From this point he vanishes for a while, and then starts to tunnel-vision on Zakeri. Note he never actually gave any reason for backing up my lynch outside of my 'faulty logic' at one point.

Not to mention he's pretty clearly pushing for a lynch on me, despite at the same time saying I don't look scummy. Weird play.

3]
I think Zakeri is town because of posts like [img=http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,13512.msg892667.html#msg892667]http://#129[/img]; #255, where he presses flaws in Raitaki.

This post by Raitaki also gives several links and reasons to Zakeri posts which I find lean town.

I like the way Zakeri tried to make sense out of the end of Day 1, even if I don't agree with some of the points

He just gives off a town vibe from what I've seen, combined with the not-town vibes I've got from Raitaki.

4] I say they're not worth repeating because if they've been stated 4 or 5 times it's pretty pointless repeating them over and over and over again, wasteing my time and everyone else's time reading them for the 100th time, still:

Raitaki, could you please restate your case on me since it's a new day? All you really have against me that's left over from day one (as I understand) is that I only gave a handful of town reads and didn't explicitly state my dissatisfaction with Hero999 (the person I was voting for.) Also, Is there anyone else you're suspicious of? I notice you decided to stick by saying Raikaria and Bardiche are both Null-tells for you despite saying you're rather lynch Raikaria between them.

Raitaki: right now I think you're most likely to be behind the C.C. vote.  I also think the person behind it is very likely scum.  This is reflected in where my vote is.

Wait why did I say you've put points across against Raitaki, you're supporting him.

Oh god all of these congruent arguments have made my head go @_@ There was the whole Serela debacle in the middle of it, and re-reading had no make me go over Rawr again which made me go >_< and hnngk.

I'm confused now.

I'm gonna think some more. I think my previous reads of Zakeri and Raitaki's pushing on me might have clouded my judgement. Reading the Raitaki/Zakeri debate again is making me have second thoughts.

##Unvote

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #466 on: October 03, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
Tl;Dr I'm not happy about Raitaki now but re-reading is making me suddenly start to realize why people are doubting Zakeri too.

« Reply #467 on: October 03, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
So, for the purposes of wagon analysis, you're looking at Raitaki over rawr because of the deadline vote? You of all people should know that consolidation votes like that at the very end of the day are largely dependent on who's online at the time.
Wow, I've never seen someone say something so stupid for the sole sake of making me look bad.
Why in the world would you think my wanting to look at Raitaki would be solely based on the fact that he was on the Dormio wagon? I wouldn't be taking such a stance as to look only at the Dormio wagon for day one if I didn't think Raitaki would flip scum. Logic goes Raitaki is scum -> Dormio is counterwagon -> Mafia piled onto Dormio, not Dormio is town -> SHUT DOWN THE HATCHES.
The point of what I said was that I don't consider Rawr a member of the Dormio wagon.

And yes, burning myself out was a legitimate concern, considering the first thing I did after making the second post of day 2 was fall asleep. I'm not a very diligent person, so imagine how much worse my post would have been if I had to juggle reading the other half of the game into it.

The fact that he keeps on pulling out reasons that he didn't provide in the first place should be a red flag; he keeps pulling out new points after his previous ones get shot down because[...]
I had those points before, they just didn't happen to be written down in a public place, apparently. Ugh, I know that sounds shit, but you make it sound like I'm pulling random shit out of my ass that isn't even valid.

Also, I've been trying to give out my reads on Bardiche, Dan, and the people I think are town (which I hope I don't have to specify on).

A lot of your reasoning is starting to sound like "Zakeri is doing this because He's scum."

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #468 on: October 03, 2012, 07:47:01 PM »
Dan is a bad lynch today because I'm fairly sure at least one of Zakeri and Chaotick is scum, and failing that even a Raitaki lynch is better because then maybe you people will finally listen to me.
After rereading stuff I'm inclined to agree somewhat but I wish I had 42 votes to put on all the people I want lynched.  Raitaki being on V/LA until after the day ends doesn't affect that I want him lynched still, Zakeri I guess I'm not sure on no matter how much I look at it I can't tell if his points are scum motivated or town motivated (finding Raitaki scummy means I want him lynched which as a bonus would help me with Zakeri).
Honestly though Chaotick's passive approach I can't tell if it's newbie apprehension or scummy laying low.  His stances all seem safe too, which right now is enough for me to
##Unvote
##Vote: Sir Chaotick

I'm confused now.
this.  this so much.  this game is giving me a headache trying to figure it out.

What is this I don't even.  You've got some explaining to do I think...

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #469 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »
Not sure why a stance being safe is a bad thing. They're still my stances.

And, for the fifth time or something, I don't want to make a passive approach, but every time I want to forge forward I get interrupted by school, or homework, or an unexpected barber appointment, or more homework, or me having to fix the damn TV.

And guess what? I still can't prove that, because I can't actually get a fully substantiated post out. Sleeping will knock me out for the next eight hours, the two hours I get in the morning will go to yet more homework, then school most of the day, then piano lessons, then I supposedly have some spare time. But yet again, I wouldn't be surprised if some more real life shenanigans get in my way, which is getting really, really annoying.

I wish I could make a better excuse/analysis, but my mother is calling me right now. As she has been at the end of every single one of my posts.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #470 on: October 03, 2012, 08:24:47 PM »
Re: ActionDan voting himself: head/desk, play to your win condition.

Re: the rest. I just don't know what.

Also, I've been trying to give out my reads on Bardiche, Dan

So I've been stupid, what's your read of me. And Dan. What's your motivation to have these reads.

Conqueror looks like a herder of mafia players, trying to convince everyone to play the game in a game where everyone is determined to go WHEEEE~~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #471 on: October 03, 2012, 08:38:16 PM »
Conqueror looks like a herder of mafia players, trying to convince everyone to play the game in a game where everyone is determined to go WHEEEE~~!

I have one thing to say to this:

WHEEEEE~!

« Reply #473 on: October 03, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »
The Seventeenth Votecount - finding music is too much effort your votecount system sucks px

SirChaotick (3) - Hero999, Shadoweh, IHNN
Zakeri (3) - Raitaki, Bardiche, Conq
Raitaki (2) - Zakeri, SirChaotick
ActionDan (1) - DrRawr
Bardiche (1) - Serela

Not Voting - ActionDan, Raikaria

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

|||||||12%

« Reply #474 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »
wheee...

I've read over Chaotick, and It's mind boggling. The main people that seem to be after him are Conq (likely town) Shadoweh (Confirmed town by doublevote and Raikaria, who herself is probtown) Hero (not active) and Nameless (Who I'm convinced is town). If that's so, then why is there an entire wagon dedicated to pushing a mislynch on him?

It might just be me being sympathetic since I'm always finding myself to be in the position that I'm "Inadequate" despite all my efforts to communicate, but Chaotick isn't a person that's hiding himself for fear of being lynched. He's not making himself unexaminable, or hiding from sight. He's literally been asking help trying to figure out how to scumhunt, while at the same time people are punishing him for not being able to. His Frusteration is genuine, and very founded. Even with a Mild day one, the way people are trying to push a wagon on him despite him trying to accommodate everyone on what his reads are, and doing a good job of it in 464 above makes me feel like the wagon on him is completely unfounded.

This is the exact opposite of ActionDan, who's only contributions are "Townies will never want to vote me", "Vote Dormio For no reason FOREVER!", and "I want to vote me."

If you really want to lynch someone just because they're too busy to play mafia, there are at least two people that fit those circumstances who have a higher chance of flipping mafioso than Chaotick.
##Vote: ActionDan
Yes, I seriously think lynching Dan is a better course of action than lynching Chaotick.

Also, since Bard asked, Here's the parts containing what my read on him is. Using quotes, just to prove I'm not pulling shit out of my ass again.

The reason I haven't explained my Bardiche case is because the only real thing I can hold against him (that isn't a gut feeling) is the fact that he was the chokepoint in deciding whether Dormio or Raitaki got lynched at the end of the day.

[...]

I'd rather not follow through with my Consolidation dance claim anyways, since it's a sleepy-stupor, roundabout way of just saying that I had a gut feeling that Bardiche might not be as genuine as he wanted those posts to read like.

As for Day 2, I really just don't know how to take him flipflopping on his role information. Both clearing me based on it feels like a town and scum move (town being it's the truth, scum being to get me on his side) But suddenly dropping it in favor of a quick reread also feels both scum and town at the same time (Town being again, the truth, scum being because he wants to support Conqueror getting a Mislynch on me). So despite it being terrible, it's a nulltell for me. Aside from that is restating the case on me (which I can't disagree with) and the Rage against Serela (which is really just auseless AtE, and therefore another nulltell). So I'm still not interested in pursuing Bardiche as a solo case.

« Reply #475 on: October 03, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »
To add to that, I feel like Chaotick and Rawr are both becoming easier to read as the game progresses (even though I still haven't read Rawr yet) And I feel like Chaotick's play has the chance to improve if he's given the opportunity. Dan feels like he's planning on remaining ambiguous for the rest of the game, and I already don't want him near lylo to begin with.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #476 on: October 03, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »
I'm a male Zakeri. Although I guess I kinda earned being called a female.

Anyway, I was gonna sleep on it and then I saw 12%.

In all honesty, re-reading, I'm not happy with Raitaki for the same reasons as I outlined earlier. However, I'm also not that happy with Zakeri, because of basically the whole exchange which eventually lead to him saying this:

I realize my case on Raitaki is shit, and I've been rereading him over and over to find a way to present everything neatly, but I'm having trouble finding new issues to address with it besides the fact that he's pushing a weak case on me. Of course, I'd love to point at the fact that he hasn't produced anything else, but that doesn't look like it's going to stand up to his absence.

I don't like this. I still get more town vibes from him than Raitaki, however, but they're not as strong as they were before.

Honestly, I want to cut this useless growth off, sleep on the whole issue, and then sort this out D3 when hopefully we're all more coherent, right now everything seems like a tangled web to me, and I'm not sure which strands lead where.  Lynching one problem that I think we can all agree must go is one less problem to worry about D3.

##Vote: ActionDan

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #477 on: October 03, 2012, 10:06:53 PM »
Holy shit 12% left

also that post reminds me that, yeah, Zakeri is town :T

And Chaotick is probably town too still.

I'd say I'm sheeping Zakeri's post, except I've already vaguely agreed to all of that already in previous posts.

ActionDan's ridiculousness being a scum gambit is totally believable because the longer he keeps this stuff up the less likely it seems that he's actually town.

I still kind of want to not lynch him but it's kind of hard to argue against it either. Also because I'd lynch him ten times over before Zak or Chaotick.

I'm also okay with lynching Raitaki, but I'd feel bad if I voted him, because I don't have anything even remotely resembling a case on him right now, like seriously. :T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #478 on: October 03, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »
I have no name is having a nap now.
I have no name wakes up.
12% and I'm groggy and it's almost dinnertime (yes I woke up sooner than this post it's been sitting here a while)
Yeah uhh we're cutting off Dan?  I guess if the Beloved Princess thing is true then town night actions get to go twice assuming they don't die and yeah Imma cut this here before I go into too many hypotheticals.
##Unvote
##Vote: [in]ActionDan

I probably won't be back before the end of the day.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #479 on: October 03, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
To add to that, I feel like Chaotick and Rawr are both becoming easier to read as the game progresses (even though I still haven't read Rawr yet) And I feel like Chaotick's play has the chance to improve if he's given the opportunity. Dan feels like he's planning on remaining ambiguous for the rest of the game, and I already don't want him near lylo to begin with.

it's funny as you may find out, but this is the best time to have me!

Don't lynch me.