Author Topic: Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta 2017: For Gilgamesh, it is Morphing !Time  (Read 34251 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
I couldn't bearaga my way through Soul Cannon's massive HP pool last night. Grinded for 3 levels only to wind up falling short again. Grumbled about it, but shnuck some research time into a slow morning at work and was reminded that !Hide exists. I just need to grind out about 25 AP before I go from multiple TPKs to basically invincible on the exact same boss. !Hide is basically custom tailored for this kind of thing. :V

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
Odd, i beat up Soul Cannon before it even used his attack once.

Also crap i forgot to farm Reflect Rings from the Reflect Knights.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Also crap i forgot to farm Reflect Rings from the Reflect Knights.
Oh gosh, I would have forgotten, good thing I died to Yellow Dragons to send me back.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
Geez, what is the Soul Cannon made of? How many hits it takes to kill it? It's HP is so high even the game doesn't know it's HP. The game knows Exdeath and Neo Exdeath's HP but doesn't know a simple mid boss' HP.

Thanks to Mystic Knight and Time Mage, I was able to take it out before it attacked me. I have to do this since I don't have access to Cura and Hi-Potions. So yeah, damage race.

The problem is that the Earth Crystal boss is gimmicky and tanky it's really difficult to kill it.

Too bad I don't have access to !Control to obtain 1000 Needles.

Also, goddamnit I'm a real slowpoke. Everyone's already completed this game once and yet, I'm still almost at the end of world 1.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
Geez, what is the Soul Cannon made of? How many hits it takes to kill it? It's HP is so high even the game doesn't know it's HP. The game knows Exdeath and Neo Exdeath's HP but doesn't know a simple mid boss' HP.

Soul Cannon has about 20k HP iirc, at least from my experience.

I made short work of it with Thundara Spellblade and Aera/Aqua Breath.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Soul Cannon is weird because it has 22500 hp and the launchers have 10800 hp, but each part self-destructs when reduced below 10000 hp.  I have no idea why they did it that way.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Probably made it that way so the explosions go off properly instead of being skipped for cinematic reasons (see using Lv 5 Death to take out the launchers, they'll just die instead of blowing up).

Speaking of which, revived Archaeoavis? Another victim of level multiple of 5. Also, percentage abilities (gravity, missile, harp attacks) will work on its even-numbered forms (ice/thunder-absorb) but not its odds (initial/fire-absorb). YEN might already have gotten him but if not, well, there you go, Blue and Time are rather good against it.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Your Everyday NEET

Speaking of which, revived Archaeoavis? Another victim of level multiple of 5. Also, percentage abilities (gravity, missile, harp attacks) will work on its even-numbered forms (ice/thunder-absorb) but not its odds (initial/fire-absorb). YEN might already have gotten him but if not, well, there you go, Blue and Time are rather good against it.
Yep. Already got him. Blue can target it's initial form's weakness (Wind) while Time can Slow him. I can't outheal its damage. So I just slow it to a crawl while I heal with Regen. To think this boss is the second boss on my craplist (after Liquid Flame).

I'm a fan of synchronized level. Everyone is more or less have same level right now. So I can't learn Level 5 Death without getting a TPK.

Oh boy, what job is going to be my fourth and final job. Unlocking the Earth Crystal job. Come on come on! *monotone* Chemist.

Well, Chemist is good. Despite having really mediocre stats, they can use !Drink to drink a certain medicine that acts like substitute Protect or just straight up doubles max HP (6000-8000 HP against Neo Exdeath?). They can double the effectiveness of healing item, which is useful since I don't have White Mage. And by using !Mix, they can create a truly silly effects.

Time Mage, Blue Mage, Mystic Knight, an Chemist. These are my final job roster.

EDIT: Oh yeah, in FFV, levels only increases HP and MP isn't it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:12:44 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Not quite. The amount of damage you deal does increase with levels, just not with -every- level. It's pretty weird, but you'll definitely see massive damage if you pump everybody's levels to 255 using !Mix drinks in a battle, hah.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Yep. Already got him. Blue can target it's initial form's weakness (Wind) while Time can Slow him. I can't outheal its damage. So I just slow it to a crawl while I heal with Regen.

Ah, cool. Good work. better healing would have been nice but without access to Control (forever) or Confuse (Dancing dagger in Moogle Village), White Wind is currently out of reach until... GEEZ, the red bunnies in Castle Exdeath, so basically the end of Wold 2.

I'm a fan of synchronized level. Everyone is more or less have same level right now. So I can't learn Level 5 Death without getting a TPK.

Ah, I see. Yeah the nature of learning Blue in 5 (a learner needs to be hit and affected) kinda makes that a problem. Really, the further games had better learning; Strago just has to see (no Blind/Sleep/Zombie/KO) the animation in 6... Just have to be hit by the animation while having an E-Skill on someone who doesn't know it for 7... Quistis learns everything from items in 8... Eating particular enemies via the same manner of 5's HP remaining shenanigans as !Catch in 9... Not sure about 10, something to do with Kimahri's grid? Nor would I know 10-2's or 11's.

This and 6 is when Blue Mages actually started getting nuke spells, you can really tell 5 was their first attempt at the class.

Chemist

...Ha who needs White Wind when you have double-effective High Potions, and can mix up things that can revive chars at full HP/MP, cause quad-digit drain damage, make them immune to statuses in varying assortments or give them more HP than they know what to do with? Hell, Mix almost obsoletes Mighty Guard except in time taken to buff (one cast vs 4 mixes (well, 8 mixes but Time Mages get Float anyway so that's 4 mixes you don't have to do already).. and well it also means you don't have to "waste" Turtle Shells that can be used for aforementioned drain attack.

...Geez I didn't have to be so thorough, but I couldn't help it. Thank you, my disorders. :wikipedia:
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Reddyne

Cat scratched Soul Cannon to death after triple bearaga'ing it. !Hide was a big difference maker and basically allowed me to cheese my way to a victory because I wasn't touched unless I forgot to have everyone run away before it fired. The ruins will be a whole lot more fun and I'll finally get my last two classes at the end of it. Hurrah!

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
So i guess i was the only one here that abused Mini Dragoons ? :v

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Ah, I see. Yeah the nature of learning Blue in 5 (a learner needs to be hit and affected) kinda makes that a problem. Really, the further games had better learning; Strago just has to see (no Blind/Sleep/Zombie/KO) the animation in 6... Just have to be hit by the animation while having an E-Skill on someone who doesn't know it for 7... Quistis learns everything from items in 8... Eating particular enemies via the same manner of 5's HP remaining shenanigans as !Catch in 9... Not sure about 10, something to do with Kimahri's grid? Nor would I know 10-2's or 11's.
FYI, Kimahri's Ronso Rages required using Lancet (his initial ability) on a target that had a compatible attack; it actually casting the spell wasn't necessary, so you could get Self-Destruct. Gun Mages only needed to be hit by the attack as a Gun Mage; which, given Cry In The Night required an Oversouled Mega Tonberry... Well, you can estimate how hard it would be if she needed to survive the hit. BLUs required killing an enemy that used a Blue Magic attack as a main-class BLU; they have to cast it, but it's okay if it did squat or hit an ally or something.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:21:26 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Reddyne

Had some fun after triple bearaga'ing Archeoavis into soup.

Titan was taken down by having my new time mage break a couple rods in his FACE. Poor guy never got to use Earth Shaker since I had my bard stop him, which means he hit once at the start and then he didn't matter.

The purobolos were brought down by having all 3 of my teammates control one of them. I had them self-destruct right in their friends' FACEs. Funny enough, using the self-destruct move while under the effects of !Control doesn't count as a physical attack directed at them, so when the targeted purobolo used Arise, it revived the one I had just exploded with it still under the effects of !Control. Rinse, repeat, blow up the controlled purobolos until the others run out of MP, then watch the controlled purobolos blow themselves up at themselves.

Chimera forgot to be invulnerable to stop. Chimera forgot to be heavy, too, so I just threw a bandersnatch at its FACE and it fell over.

This game is so funny.

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
You know you're too bored to do Fiesta the usual way that you decided to pay Gil Turtle a visit.
My run right now is Natural Team 750 with the team of Blue Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, and Red Mage.
Yeah with that team I think I have the chance to beat that silly turtle.

30 minutes and copious amounts of boosted Blizzara, boosted Shiva, Golems, Comets, and Elixirs later...

POOF!

Yet I don't want to save this victory because it wasted my resource too much, especially Elixir.
But it would still be an achievement in itself.

Your Everyday NEET

At least you only need to get hit once and you're guaranteed to learn the Blue Mage's spell. Compared that to Satori where she initially has 1% chance of learning basic spell in the original GoS. You can only attempt once in every battle by the way.

Kimahri can only use his Blue spell only using Overdrive by the way. One mediocre damage dealing blue spell every blue moon. Even when you got his strongest Blue spell, it still pales in comparison to Tidus', Wakka's, and Auron's offensive overdrive and Rikku's ridiculously broken Mix Overdrive.

Man, Spellblade really uberkilled anything with weakness to 3 basic elements. Plus, Time Mage really excel at increasing my turns. With the addition of Comet, they finally able to deal respectable damage without using (pretty unreliable) Gravity spell.

If you know some combination for Chemist's Mix, it can be really broken. Highlights include:
Maiden Kiss + Turtle Shell: Succubus Kiss (1500+ Drain spell. Useful when I'm without -ga spell currently)
Phoenix Down + Ether: Resurrection (revive & full HP & MP recovery)
Eye Drops + Holy Water: Elemental Power (boost power for elemental attacks)
Dark Matter + Dark Matter: Shadowflare (really strong attack)

jester147

At least you only need to get hit once and you're guaranteed to learn the Blue Mage's spell. Compared that to Satori where she initially has 1% chance of learning basic spell in the original GoS. You can only attempt once in every battle by the way.

Kimahri can only use his Blue spell only using Overdrive by the way. One mediocre damage dealing blue spell every blue moon. Even when you got his strongest Blue spell, it still pales in comparison to Tidus', Wakka's, and Auron's offensive overdrive and Rikku's ridiculously broken Mix Overdrive.

Man, Spellblade really uberkilled anything with weakness to 3 basic elements. Plus, Time Mage really excel at increasing my turns. With the addition of Comet, they finally able to deal respectable damage without using (pretty unreliable) Gravity spell.

If you know some combination for Chemist's Mix, it can be really broken. Highlights include:
Maiden Kiss + Turtle Shell: Succubus Kiss (1500+ Drain spell. Useful when I'm without -ga spell currently)
Phoenix Down + Ether: Resurrection (revive & full HP & MP recovery)
Eye Drops + Holy Water: Elemental Power (boost power for elemental attacks)
Dark Matter + Dark Matter: Shadowflare (really strong attack)

Hahahahahaha I know Satori sucks and hard to use effectively, and I do know about Kimahri

For chemists: here's some more:
The staple Maiden's Kiss + Turtle Shell = Succubus Kiss - uber powerful drain
Maiden's Kiss + Ether = Lilith's Kiss - uber powerful osmose
Maiden's Kiss + Dragon Fang = Dragon's Kiss - set Heavy and Dragon type to yourself or enemy (read: immune to gravity based spells and instant death)
Dragon Fang + Potion = Dragon Power - increase level in battle by 20
Dragon Fang + Phoenix Down = Dragon Defense - grants Protect, Shell, Reflect, and Regen
Phoenix Down + Potion = Resurrection - trvives and fully restores HP
Antidote + Maiden's Kiss = Levisalve - grants Float

and many more

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
The fuck's a Kimarhi? I played FF1 through 10-2 and I never encountered such a thing.

Also chemists are great, but the farming is such an irritance that you never actually want to use most of their cool stuff.

jester147

The fuck's a Kimarhi? I played FF1 through 10-2 and I never encountered such a thing.

Also chemists are great, but the farming is such an irritance that you never actually want to use most of their cool stuff.

How come you play from FF1 through FF10-2 and don't know about Kimahri from FF10?

Kimahri Ronso, the blue skin white fur guy with broken horn who uses spear in battle. Yuna's bodyguard.

Your Everyday NEET

Barrier Tower, a one time dungeon filled with nasty encounter. There is no way to restock once you launch the attack. While the enemies are nasty, none of them has resistance to Petrify. So Break Spellblade and watch as anything fall in a single hit. The only exception to that is the Yellow Dragons. Whereas most enemies still has 1000 HP, Yellow Dragon has 8500. Their single target and multi target attack also hurts a freaking lot. And you fight 2 of them at once. Have fun! Wish I had access to Death. Also, I hate Reflect Knight. They're tough, hits hard, and reflect your magic (Break Spellblade then).

Anyway, the third and possibly final boss that's on my crap list is Atomos, a freaky abomination of time with a big mouth that is used to eat any fallen character and send then to void.

On top of having loads of HP and no weakness, it uses Comet twice as its primary attack. Comet deals random damage and may deals 1000+ damage. So I have to get lucky and hope it won't hit the same character twice or deals more than 1000 damage. If there's a KO'ed character in the field, then it will gradually suck them toward it's mouth to Banish them. On top of Comet, it also has Slowga and Old. Both of which I can't remedy easily since I don't have Hastega and I can't use Esuna. That bastard also immune to Slow and in a state of permanent Haste.

I think it's weak to Sleep? I don't know, I try it multiple times and I can't seem to inflict it. Maiden Kiss + Turtle Shell deals great damage to it, I have Blue Magic for level and defense debuff, and Comet can deal 1000 damage against that douche as well. Phoenix Down + Ether (Resurrection) may help, but not by much. Wish I have Level 5 Death since Dark Arts + Level 5 Death = short battle.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
I managed to sleep Atomos on the second or third Sleep spell (I had everybody have !Red) and he didn't wake up for the reminder of the battle.

And you can leave Barrier Tower, the sub is still there and Xezat will just come back to drive you outside.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
How come you play from FF1 through FF10-2 and don't know about Kimahri from FF10?

Kimahri Ronso, the blue skin white fur guy with broken horn who uses spear in battle. Yuna's bodyguard.

Sounds like a fan character or something. I sure don't remember ever having to use any blue guy.

jester147

Sounds like a fan character or something. I sure don't remember ever having to use any blue guy.

Please tell me you're pulling my leg, there's no shame about hating a character

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
I'm pulling your leg. It's a commentary on how Kimahri absolutely doesn't fit into the setting at all, how he has like no story relevance at all, and how you can completely ignore him in combat and it never makes a difference. The last one is particularly telling because everyone else has a specific job, like Auron taking down heavy armors or Wakka hitting fliers. He can be completely ignored and nothing changes whatsoever.

Even in FFX-2, if you don't dick with Ronso Mountain, he just doesn't exist at all. I am baffled by the superfluousness of him. Even optional characters in earlier games had something; I think Gogo has more relevance in FF6 than Kimarhi does in FFX.

Your Everyday NEET

And you can leave Barrier Tower, the sub is still there and Xezat will just come back to drive you outside.
Whelp! That's something I did not do in my entire playthrough. So I guess that's my mistake.

Anyway, Atomos.

These scenes are just waaaaay too similar. Hero and ally going to shut down evil machine, they separate, the ally ended up getting trapped and sacrificed themselves since they knew it was going to happen.

Huh? Turns out I'm correct after all.

I'm pulling your leg. It's a commentary on how Kimahri absolutely doesn't fit into the setting at all, how he has like no story relevance at all, and how you can completely ignore him in combat and it never makes a difference. The last one is particularly telling because everyone else has a specific job, like Auron taking down heavy armors or Wakka hitting fliers. He can be completely ignored and nothing changes whatsoever.
Just like Satori, the useless mindreader. The Heroes "brought" her to find the mastermind faster. Everyone's important are immune. You had ONE JOB!

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
So since i missed Reflect Rings, what could i get to compensate for such ?

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
Drain Blade and Missile will be your best friends against the crystals, and if you can get Magic Hammer to land on Exdeath enough times you could whittle his MP down enough before his -aga spellcasting phase and have Drain Blade keep you healthy again. You also have enough heavy armor classes to wear Diamond equipment and have an Aegis shield for better random spell dodging and an Ice Shield to just outright absorb Blizzaga on one person, and well, Jump is always helpful in avoiding stuff. I guess you could grab the Flame Shield instead of the Aegis, but then you'll have to do Istory Falls to get another one and it's always nice to have at least one or even both (maybe even more if you luck out Thief Knifing Gorgimeras) for a particular couple of Petrify-inflicting attacks later...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 01:51:07 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
Beat the 4 Crystals after adjusting my strategy a little bit. I realized I could just cast Shell on everybody and spam Cure spells and wait for my Dragoon to take care of things.

And I guess my Geomancer can attack too with Sword Dance.

Monarda

• Art by Amibazh
I beat it by using Death Claw and praying for good RNG, cause the Tier 3 Spells are a pain.

Your Everyday NEET

If you have a Summoner, you can near no-damage run Exdeath with Golem and Carbuncle.