Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread  (Read 195307 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 03:43:11 PM »
Does Icicle Fall -Easy- count??

No, because head first into the storm is the safespot.

Isn't it sad, Cirno?

Anyways, most of the time you'll fail if you rush in head first, but when you actually do start to beat spells doing it... Man, what a rush. Feels like you can take on the whole world. Like the feeling you get when you beat Border of Wave and Particle on Lunatic for the first time... Yeah, you know the feeling (or will). Except with every spell card. Oh baby.

That little "E" safespot on Kiene's extra mode first spellcard? Screw that shit. Chuck yourself in a new spot everytime you play the spellcard. You'll be better in minutes, and fucking pumped. HELLS YEAH. LET'S DO THIS.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 07:57:59 PM »
Well, safespots like that are rather hard not to use once you know they exist. Even if you try to avoid using them, you'll end up using them to avoid an attack anyway.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »
Rather hard not to use once you know they exist. Interesting excuse... I'll roll with it. So by that logic, it would take more skill to avoid using these spots than if you didn't know about them? Sounds like a challenge. Are you a bad enough dude?

Adun

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »
Link us to the spell card in your avatar so we can be more hardcore.
/wrist AAAAAAAAA

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
Duke Nukem is not emo, sir.

On topic, was playing Virtue of Wind God Lunatic today. Passed it, hit buttons at random at the end in celebration, bombed, failed spell card, raged.... Etc.

nintendonut888

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »
I thought about Q.E.D.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Adun

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2009, 10:45:47 PM »
Almost pulled an IN Extra clear but rings of death ruined it for me. Go figure.
Oh well, time to go back to work.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 06:22:58 AM »
Died a painful death in PoDD because I forgot that charge shots don't break bullets.

Had to restart MoF Normal like five times due to random bumping into bullets I should see coming - and an accidental smash into the literally first fairy in the game.

I'm still raging over the fact that I don't know what the hell's wrong with my copies of PoFV and IN.  I'm going to try something in a few moments, but I just hope it won't require me to delete my .dat files (I worked hard for that Fantasy Heaven cap, hell all of those caps!).
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Adun

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 06:25:37 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=144.msg2097#msg2097

Did a blind run of EoSD Lunatic with 5 lives and defeated at Scarlet Gensokyo.
Thus embarrassing myself.

No replay because "cannot save replay after continuing"

nintendonut888

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 06:28:30 AM »
Huh, didn't know you were that good.

Let's rephrase this: Default lives EoSD lunatic 1cc. :P THEN I'll consider playing you.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 06:41:50 AM »
Oh, and now my spyware scanner's complaining about how my IN config stuff is apparently spyware.  *sigh*
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Adun

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:51 AM »
Huh, didn't know you were that good.

Let's rephrase this: Default lives EoSD lunatic 1cc. :P THEN I'll consider playing you.

Expect results soon.
That run unlocked the stages so I can practice them nao.
I'm using MarisaB for this.

Rabbit

• Red Tenshi
  • 3x More Touhou
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »
%*"$"?$*% Parasol Star Symphony

Way to ruin a perfectly good run with a boulder from behind.

Jerk.
Too much of a good thing, and it is no longer good.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3057

Seriously? I'm going to sleep after doing this. What surprised me is the score obtained using MarisaC. Maybe its because the point item value difference between characters isn't present; the majority of graze in score runs are from stages 1,2,3 and 4. Scoring theory  x.x

Either way, a last-minute clip to ruin a perfect boss run.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:22 PM »
AHHHHGGGGG

SSG STAGE 4 BOSS LAST ATTACK. 2 BOMBS IN STOCK.  LOW RANK, THOUGHT I COULD DO IT, GOT HIT DEATHBOMB AHHHGGG

And despite this early screwup, I managed to eventually get to Vivit with 3 lives, more than I'd ever been able to.  Died to opener, deathbombed during her middle phase, bombed that bullshit red/blue arrow attack of hers, died to second form's opener.

I know I can beat this goddamn game if I would just stop wasting bombs like an idiot RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:25 AM »
Son of a bitch.  Apparently my .dat got corrupted somehow, so all my progress (including my FH cap) just went down to Jigoku.

And now I think I have to do PoFV all over again, too, if this is any indication. 

ARGH.

EDIT: Which .dat is the one with all the stuff like caps?  th08.dat or score.dat?
]

EDIT2: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IT WAS THE WRONG THING ALL ALONG

And since I deleted the old folder in its entirety...  DAMN IT
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:01:54 AM by Sol »

Move eternally forward,

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 05:03:48 AM »
I just gave Lunatic Remilia a few runs, then switched down to Hard for a couple.

The last 10 or so deaths - EVERY GODDAMN ONE - I was pushing the bomb button as I died.

EVERY.
SINGLE.
ONE.

RAAAAAAAAAGE.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 01:26:42 PM »
Son of a bitch.  Apparently my .dat got corrupted somehow, so all my progress (including my FH cap) just went down to Jigoku.

And now I think I have to do PoFV all over again, too, if this is any indication. 

ARGH.

EDIT: Which .dat is the one with all the stuff like caps?  th08.dat or score.dat?

EDIT2: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IT WAS THE WRONG THING ALL ALONG

And since I deleted the old folder in its entirety...  DAMN IT

There is no sympathy sufficient to cover this post...
Nevertheless, I offer my condolences.
Advocate of Transhumanism

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
I spent the last hour playing SA extra with Marisa A(lice), trying to finish the level with all of the shot types. First two runs were horrible and not worth talking about. Also my controller is on it's last legs, so sometimes the d-pad needs a little extra pressure to do anything.

Third time, I get to Koishi with 3 lives and 3-life items. I was at 6 power or something (remember Marisa A is maxed at 8). I felt fairly confident.

I had to deathbomb Ancestors Standing Beside Your Bed. That wasn't too bad, I was just going for completion, so I got the star item.

Then I died to Koishi's second non-card.
TWICE.
*insert WAAAAAH sound effect here*

Paranoia - capture.
Id - capture.
Superego - capture.
Polygraph - capture.
Rorschach - ****ING CLIP DEATH. (3 lives left)
Genetics- Timed out (I'm at 25% power by this point)
Philosophy - Panic and get trapped on zero power in phase 3 (2 lives left)

Get to Subterrean Rose. Get through the first part. Second part goes fine. Third part:

Go, go, go, stay. Go, go, go, stay. Go, go, go, stay. Go, go, g---GOD****INGDAMMIT CLIP DEATHSSSSSSSSSSSS

Fourth part starts up whilst I'm cursing. No lives, full power. But I have no idea where I am on screen, so I bomb.
Doing okay...I'm too low, I'll die next lap. Bomb again, move upscreen.
where the hell did Marisa go? Bomb again.
Too low again!? *bomb*
Just before Koishi dies, I smash into a bullet.

I stop playing for the night.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Adun

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2009, 05:43:41 AM »
God dammit why can't I cap Lunatic Scarlet Gensokyo?!

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009, 09:58:38 AM »

Because it's lunatic scarlet gensokyo?

Adun

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009, 10:00:34 AM »
Because it's lunatic scarlet gensokyo?

Says the guy who can probably eventually time it out.  ???

nintendonut888

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2009, 11:11:28 PM »
Okay, SA stage 4 isn't so bad anymore.

Satori still makes me RAEG though.

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 11:21:18 PM »
BAH.
What is it with Remilia's first 2 attacks? They keep killing me when I swear, I SWEAR, they shouldn't even come close.

I must have the hitbox of either the bubbles or the big blue bullets wrong... hrrr... that's annoying.

Of course, I also die on them a lot because I just suck at them anyway.
Advocate of Transhumanism

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 12:55:48 AM »
Her second's not so bad, but her opener is hell on a stick.  The blue bullets - the ones I term "Metal Fatigue" bullets, in honor of Patchy's UTTER BS CARD, which I don't think I ever captured, have ridiculous hitboxes in EoSD.  In later games, they're much smaller (see Danmaku Paranoia), but in EoSD they are basically ALL hitbox.  I HATE those bullets.

Also in the Rage thread:  Run of EoSD Extra.  Die on Royal Flare when my left key decides not to respond.  Die on the bookspam at the end when the right button decides not to respond.  Die on Maze of Love when the down button chooses not to respond.

I am pissed.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:36 AM »
A lot of Remilia's attacks have this annoying tendency to randomly screw you over for no reason occasionally, especially her opener and 1st/3rd spells.  You can practice the hell out of them and they'll still get you periodically.  It also doesn't help that all of her attacks except her 3rd nonspell use those damn bubbles.

For my rage moment for today, I died at the exact time I was about to capture DBDB(SA).  I also had two one-death stage 3 SA runs that included perfect Yuugi battles.  Both deaths were to her midboss spell, which I can usually cap no problem.

Oh, I also failed SG again, but that's so par for the course by now I shouldn't even mention it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:14:01 AM by Azinth »

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 01:09:55 AM »

Because it's one of the toughest spell cards in the entire series?

Says the guy who can probably eventually time it out.  ???

Provided you walk in with a fair amount of lives and bombs, a lot of people can time it out. If you mean timing it out without dying or using a bomb, well, that's pretty unreasonable. Running down the timer will most definitely cause rank to max out or near-max out depending on how high it is when it first starts up. This of course means those famous solid walls of shit, and honestly, I don't think that any Touhou player outside of those famous Japanese crazies is capable of such a feat, and even then, it's a big stretch.

Feel free to prove me wrong if anyone's up to the task.

*stares at Kefit*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:11:47 AM by bjw »

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 01:12:44 AM »
I thought Scarlet Gensokyo was unaffected by rank though.  Personally, the density/speed of bullets for me has always been about the same, regardless of what the rank is like.

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 01:17:10 AM »
I thought Scarlet Gensokyo was unaffected by rank though.  Personally, the density/speed of bullets for me has always been about the same, regardless of what the rank is like.

Maybe that's the case, not to mention, I know very little about EoSD's rank system :P

I will say though that Gensokyo has been different for me on many occasions. When I die to Meister, I typically don't get solid walls in Gensokyo; when I haven't died in a while, Gensokyo tends to throw complete garbage at me. Of course, this is all anecdotal and generalizations made by me >_>

nintendonut888

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 01:21:54 AM »
Because it's one of the toughest spell cards in the entire series?

Provided you walk in with a fair amount of lives and bombs, a lot of people can time it out. If you mean timing it out without dying or using a bomb, well, that's pretty unreasonable. Running down the timer will most definitely cause rank to max out or near-max out depending on how high it is when it first starts up. This of course means those famous solid walls of shit, and honestly, I don't think that any Touhou player outside of those famous Japanese crazies is capable of such a feat, and even then, it's a big stretch.

Feel free to prove me wrong if anyone's up to the task.

*stares at Kefit*

Again, I once got the timer down to 86 seconds. Not much, but I'm sure if VoWG lunatic is possible Scarlet Gensokyo is.