Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3  (Read 69619 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2018, 09:15:03 PM »
>"That is... understandable. And yes, many would, in her position. Witnessing that kind of brutality can... affect one deeply."

>"The depths of her emotions run deep. I don't think I was prepared for that."
>"Wouldn't you have seen worse on Makai?" White Rose asks her.
>"Yes. But her reaction to that sight was stronger than I was expecting." The fox raises its head, steadying itself. "A momentary lapse."
>"It is possible you and my Avatar will coexist more easily than you will with those of Air and Water. Like yourself, she feels a strong desire to prevent incidents like this from happening. In fact, I believe she would enjoy fighting alongside you."

« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2018, 10:02:39 PM »
>"I would feel happy to be able to call her an ally. And you as well."

« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2018, 01:00:52 AM »
>"I would feel happy to be able to call her an ally. And you as well."

>"Just not right now."

« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2018, 01:34:02 AM »
>"I will not be complicit in this world being subjugated by any force, but I still intend to forge a path where we can both get what we want. And to that end, I ask you again: can you help me establish communications with your Mother? We both stand to gain if we can remove any reason we'd have to fight one another."

« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2018, 05:18:20 AM »
>"I will not be complicit in this world being subjugated by any force, but I still intend to forge a path where we can both get what we want. And to that end, I ask you again: can you help me establish communications with your Mother? We both stand to gain if we can remove any reason we'd have to fight one another."

>"Ah, yes, we did get a bit off-track, didn't we?" It's a bit difficult to reconcile the casual tone of the Champion to the tone they used the first time you met. "But I don't think I can help you, even if I wanted to. The means by which we Champions hear our Mother's voice is unique to us. No other species can share in it."

« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2018, 05:29:27 AM »
>"Are you able to communicate with Her in the same way?"

« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2018, 05:52:50 AM »
>"Are you able to communicate with Her in the same way?"

>"We've had no need to. She is aware when we have completed our tasks."

« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »
>"But if there was a need, is it possible?"

« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2018, 03:36:30 PM »
>"But if there was a need, is it possible?"

>"If such a need ever arose, I believe she would communicate with us."
>"Quite the doting mom ya got there." Komachi remarks.
>The Champion doesn't take Komachi's casual friendliness well. "Watch your tone, Terran."
>Komachi smile shows that she is rather unfazed by the Champion's threat. "Hey, didn't mean anything bad by it. Better a doting parent than the reverse, eh?"

« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »
>"What I mean to ask is: would it be possible for you to act as an intermediary to convey words between myself and your Mother?"

« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2018, 04:08:27 PM »
>"What I mean to ask is: would it be possible for you to act as an intermediary to convey words between myself and your Mother?"

>The Fire Champion is silent and still. Its inhuman guise makes you uncertain if the fox is unwilling or unable to answer that question, or if something else gives it pause.
>Eventually you start to wonder if you should ask again, or give up on the idea, when the Champion speaks at last. Rather quietly, Fire asks, "You are sure?"

« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2018, 05:27:05 PM »
>"That I wish to speak with her?"

« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2018, 12:49:42 PM »
>"That I wish to speak with her?"

>"That you would be willing to use me as a go-between." the Champion clarifies. "That you would be comfortable enough with me."

« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2018, 09:46:45 PM »
>"I do not believe you are the type to convey either of our words falsely. Am I wrong?"

« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2018, 09:49:36 PM »
>"I do not believe you are the type to convey either of our words falsely. Am I wrong?"

>"Deceit is a Terran failing." the fox replies with a mix of pride in itself, and derision for the Terrans it speaks of. "And even if that were not the case, I would not attempt to mislead Mother, nor am I capable of being false with her. None of us are."

« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2018, 10:47:08 PM »
>"Then yes, I trust you in this."

« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2018, 06:46:33 PM »
>"Then yes, I trust you in this."

>The Fire Champion regards you evenly, silently, for a time again. "I still think you are an optimistic fool." the creature says at last. "Too much for your own good. It could be your undoing one day."
>"But in this case, it won't come from me. I would not betray your trust, but I also will not help you. You have helped us, and you have hindered us. You have said that you will continue to fight us even after you helped us today. I cannot trust you, and I will not help you."
>"However..." The Champion turns its head to look over its shoulder. Following its gaze, you see Lily and Flandre re-entering the airport terminal. Flandre appears to have recovered from the bout of sorrow the Champion described, as she and Lily are singing together. But you believe Fire is not looking at them so much as past them, out to the airstrip. "I will not help you. But I can't say that's true for every Champion." it says thoughtfully, returning its gaze to you.

« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »
>"And you would not order her otherwise?"
>Assuming Fire does mean Ice here, of course....

« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »
>"And you would not order her otherwise?"
>Assuming Fire does mean Ice here, of course....

>"If you're referring to Ice, I don't want her helping you, either." the Champion replies with a growl. "But... You helped me today. I can't deny that I owe you something for that."

« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2018, 08:00:16 PM »
>Bow our head politely
>"Remember, what I seek is a resolution that benefits both of us - that neither side needs to risk itself for its freedom. Even if you have confidence you could prevail over us in the end, surely you can see the benefit of not needing to put that question to the test; Makai has cost your kind enough already."

« Reply #380 on: May 15, 2018, 01:27:57 AM »
>Bow our head politely
>"Remember, what I seek is a resolution that benefits both of us - that neither side needs to risk itself for its freedom. Even if you have confidence you could prevail over us in the end, surely you can see the benefit of not needing to put that question to the test; Makai has cost your kind enough already."

>"I'd be happier if you got Water to go along with this idea of yours." Fire admits. "Air would never do it, of course. But... if you really want Ice's assistance, I suppose I really can't deny you. I honor my debts."

« Reply #381 on: May 18, 2018, 03:19:16 AM »
>Bow again
>"You have my thanks."
>We can't actually currently locate Ice's presence ourselves, can we?
>Assuming not: "...Ice is out near the runway at the moment, right?"

« Reply #382 on: May 18, 2018, 05:13:52 AM »
>Bow again
>"You have my thanks."
>We can't actually currently locate Ice's presence ourselves, can we?
>Assuming not: "...Ice is out near the runway at the moment, right?"

>"Your thanks are premature. I am uncertain if we even can offer you the help you want. But we do owe you the attempt at least."
>Correct.
>"For now. Your rabbit and that avian spellcaster are questioning her on how she was able to purge the corrupted of their infections."
>"I thought she couldn't talk?" White Rose asks.
>"I did not say they were successfully questioning her." the Champion remarks flatly. "I will instruct her to remain here, if you wish to speak to her yourself, Lotus."

« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2018, 08:03:45 AM »
>"I would, yes. And otherwise, I assume you have no further business here tonight?"

« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
>"I would, yes. And otherwise, I assume you have no further business here tonight?"

>A canine grin appears on the foxes face. "Will I be striking here later tonight, you mean." the Champion asks.

« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2018, 04:48:11 PM »
>Frown slightly
>"I should hope you'll be striking nowhere tonight. I would hate for our truce to last so briefly."

« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:35 AM »
>Frown slightly
>"I should hope you'll be striking nowhere tonight. I would hate for our truce to last so briefly."

>"What's this about a truce?" Flandre asks as she and Lily flutter the rest of the way over to you. Her wings sound like wind chimes when she's flying, almost as beautiful as her eyes. Which you adjust your gaze enough to not look directly into again.

« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2018, 03:30:06 AM »
>"Well, we're both in the same place at the same time and helping rather than hindering each other. I think that counts as a start."

« Reply #388 on: May 20, 2018, 02:23:19 AM »
>"Well, we're both in the same place at the same time and helping rather than hindering each other. I think that counts as a start."

>Flandre seems confused. "Is it over?"
>To your relief, the Fire Champion replies, "Not yet."
>"Good! Id've been mad at you if you started causing trouble for my friends. Oh yeah!" the Avatar shouts, and presents you with a square of red plastic attached to a chain. "They're not real backstage passes, but just show these to security or the ticket people, they'll get you a real one."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:22:59 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #389 on: May 20, 2018, 03:30:44 AM »
>Smile
>"Thank you; I look forward to it."
>Accept the token