Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 115510 times)

Kind of disappointing that Revo Gabriel won't be a stall lead when he comes out in the relatively distant future. Hmm...

Awoken*

don't pair him with another awoken gabe if you want hp

commandercool

• alter cool
Right, I understand Awoken Gabe isn't a stall lead, but all reincarnated forms so far have been expansions on the awoken form, right?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I'm glad they put in the amatsu for the new monster hunter collab, I liked him and he seems a bit shafted despite essentially being the last boss of mh3p.

But now that the heart column resolve breaker skill is a thing, soon there's going to be an 'absolutely will not die this turn' shields that new descend bosses will be sporting.

e: you know, it'd be super trolly but it would be an interesting idea if future bosses could activate shields off your board if there are 5+ hearts remaining on it when you're attacking. Hopefully it'll be in a no rcv dungeon where the boss spawns hearts or in a no skyfall dungeon. They already have the mechanic built in where the boss changes attack if there are certain color orbs on the board.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Right, I understand Awoken Gabe isn't a stall lead, but all reincarnated forms so far have been expansions on the awoken form, right?

by the time that happens they can probably just add hp bonuses back because the powercreep is so high

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
I kind of feel like the new active is much worse overall, although obviously it's better if you're leading with the awoken forms.

Instant Heal has more usability by far than heart enhance, tbh.

It's less raw heal, but heart enhance is usually super overkill levels anyway in my experience.

Worst case, it differentiates them by the better in every way UUVO heroes, which is good.

commandercool

• alter cool
The heart enhance has always been most useful for adding a significant amount of damage output to bursts after a heartbreaker in my experience. That's really the most relevant on a stall team where every added scrap of damage can mean the difference between a clean one-shot or not though, so I guess that might be a lot less applicable on other kinds of teams.

And yeah, good point, being as distinct as possible from the heroes is good. Especially since Awoken Gabriel's new typing means he loses out a bit on the very particular stat distribution his super ultimate form has, and both of them have their awakenings shifted a bit closer together in their awoken forms.

MatsuriSakuragi

In the process of cleaning out my box of stuff I don't need or use to get MP and free up space.

Are there any of these that I could get away with throwing out? I feel like their uses are pretty limited and none of them really mesh up with teams or colors I tend to use-- or they're outclassed entirely by units that are strictly better:
Dupe Kaede (is there a real point in having a second one, when I have a hypermax one already?)
Barbara (I have no idea what to do with her tbh)
Fenrir Viz (honestly, regular Fenrir seems stronger and I have both?)
Mito (she's cute but I feel Ceres plays her role just as well, if not better)
Kuvia (like Barbara, I have no idea what to do with her)
Sherias
Zuoh
Wedding Bastet
Christmas Freyja
Wedding Ruka, as opposed to normal Ruka
Algedi (I really have no use for a Jammer maker?)
Any of the CyberBeasts/Dragons
Claymore
Wee Jas (maybe inheritable, idk)
Rei and Dill Sirius
Green Zhuge Liang (aka forgotten forever)
Apocalypse (I have two)
Dupe Izanagi
Dupe Astaroth (considering I have a pentamax Revo)
Green Guan Yu
Any of the Ninjas, I have all of them (fuck you hanzo)
Avalon Drake
Dupe Sakuya (considering I have pentamax Revo and Coloring Book Sakuya)
Dupe Indra
Dupe Ra (2) (considering I have a Revo one-- maybe keep for pushbutton teams?)
Dupe Freyja (considering I have a hypermax Awoken one)
Halloween Parvati (may keep just because Parvati)
Dupe Y'shtola
Terra (may keep just because Terra)
Bartz
Tidus
Auron
Zidane
Squall (may keep all the above just for collecting)
Dragon Swordsmen (have them all except Dark I think)
Fairytale Girls (have them all)
Shinji (not Scheat Shinji)
Balancile Another (the JP version has a shitton of row awakes, but I rarely use rows in light or dark-- and the NA version is trash)

Keep in mind I'm not planning on trashing all of these, it's just that I'm not really sure they're good for much. Thoughts?

commandercool

• alter cool
It's generally my policy to never trash a non-dupe, but there are things I would consider throwing out in the following categories:

-Any weapons (Claymore and pals)
-Any Beast Riders
-Any Beast Rider 2.0s except Phoenix
-Almost any collab silvers
-Most chibis
-Many event silvers
-Event gold recolors in colors I don't play
-Most PAD Z stuff
-6* GFEs in colors I don't play

As dupes go I think I lean toward keeping things I probably shouldn't, but I think you can probably safely toss any dupe that isn't in a color you play heavily. I would hang onto the extra Ra unless you already have a pushbutton team though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Off the top of my head. Fenrir Viz is a crazy leader, but for different reasons than Fenrir. Use your superior durability to wait and strike at x225 damage, or some such. Viz is also still a good sub for Fenrir if you don't intend to use Gainaut, etc etc.
For new Revo Kirin, Sherias covers colors better than LKali does.
Zuoh's active is practically obsoleted by Cauchemar in every way, who has become skill assist okay. Nice dark rows tho.
Cyberbeasts and dragons are excellent options for button>swiping dungeons, same with wizards. I know I use a few for STTD, etc.

Algedi is flipping WEIRD in JP. Damage shield for four combos, and 12x ATK for two jammer combos alongside.

Indra is weird. The non-awoken one is preferable when used as an assist, but Revo is preferable if used as a sub directly.

Bartz is one of the best subs for Osiris, but that requires Osiris. Definitely a useful active though in his own right.

Apparently Ronove teams like duplicate Kaede. Don't go too crazy with the second one you have.

Dragon Swordsman. There are better clerics in every color, but maybe if you want an assist so your cleric can break hearts on top? I dunno.

Apocalypse has a fantastic active. I'd save one, but it doesn't return much MP to begin with (rip GFE status).

What, uh, do you like to use when playing?

MatsuriSakuragi

I ended up selling Zuoh and a couple collab silvers and stuff. Nothing important. I now have enough for DAthena.

Re: Fenrir/Viz: I'll keep it, why not. Maybe a project for a rainy day.
Re: Sherias: True, but I also have 2 Coloring Book Kali too, so there's that. Not quite sure how they match up, but still.
Re: CyberBeasts/Dragons: The thing is, I don't really do much button/swipe grinding. I don't have the patience for it anymore. I have a pushbutton team in Goemon/ROdin/ROdin/Revo Ra/Tengu though, so it works okay for most things, like daily dungeons (except the Mythicals) and Legendary Earth, etc.
Re: Algedi: That's... interesting. I may hold on to her.
Re: Indra: Yeah, I'll keep it then.
Re: Bartz: I have Osiris but I don't run him in anything anymore. Still, I like him, so I'll hold on to Bartz in case I ever find myself wanting to run Osiris lead.
Re: Kaede: I don't have Ronove. But will hold on to her for now.
Re: Dragon Swordsmen: Eh, I'll hold on to them for potential Assist use.
Re: Apocalypse: Also saving for now.

As for what I do like to use when playing, my main leads as of right now are Revo Astaroth, Revo Tsukuyomi, and Yomi Dragon, though I still frequently use Yuna as well. Will probably drop Revo Tsukuyomi as a common lead since, while Yomi's still one of my favorite units in this game, there's no defense in using her, which limits usefulness--  that, and just no one runs RYomi. DAthena, on the other hand...

So that's why a lot of things have limited usefulness to me right now, because a lot of those leads have very particular subs that they absolutely must have (RAstaroth is particularly strict in only really wanting green devils or healers with rows, but I make her do work). It's also probably a lot of the reason why I've lost interest in PAD as of this past year-- they've gotten kind of stale for me (but that still doesn't account for the boring grind, lack of collab hype, slow updates on things that are actually good, ridiculously hard dungeons that require you to have exact team setups or you lose, rules that punish you for being good (and then slapping a solution on extremely rare REM cards), and so on. It's really the Revos that are keeping me playing right now because they give me a goal to work toward while changing up the game a bit)

MatsuriSakuragi

so DAthena is pretty cool

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I haven't really played this much lately.  Logged in today, saw DAthena (???), saw I had almost capped MP, picked her up.

What an incredibly silly card.

eldora ana looks pretty cute i might pick her up later on and see where that takes me

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
People have been whining for us to get DAthena for months.  So annoying I almost wish we got skipped for it out of spite but whatever.  I'm more interested in Eldora so I might grab her later on.

GF results so far:
Day 1:
-dupe Eschamali(screw you GH I don't need two.  I won't get rid of her but that's twice I get 6* GFE dupes when I could have gotten something actually interesting)
-Sylph Dupe #3 or 4 I forget.  Sold.

Day 2:
-evo'd Snow White(sweet, I'm certain to enjoy finally owning her)
-dupe GOdin(ugh, like I needed a second?  I guess I can make Asgardian Warlock if I'm ever in a mood or something.)

Gonna aim at one more roll for today, hopefully I manage it.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
-dupe Eschamali(screw you GH I don't need two.  I won't get rid of her but that's twice I get 6* GFE dupes when I could have gotten something actually interesting)
you mean like my strawberry dragon?

I bought dathena since I was originally a dark person and so I have a bunch of good people for her. Two built in delays is pretty darn good except for when status shields are up then it's pretty useless. With the exception of having to dilute damage a little with blue orbs, she seems a lot better than revo pandora. As usual though my current team is rather lacking in haste actives which hurts it a bit. With the +6 skillboosts you get from dual leads alone, it's nothing inherits can't fix for shorter dungeons though. Or you know, whenever gungho wants to come out with that awoken beach pandora evo.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Jq1790

Already got the fruit dragon cycle, was kiiinda hoping for a 6* GFE I didn't yet have since that's a lot of what I would like, but alas.  That's the way it goes sometimes.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Eschamali

More MechStarGods is always a good thing. Inherit, inherit, stack, lead... I mean, most people have better base cards, but even as an inherit they're all great.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Jq1790

Oh, sure, I know.  It just feels really annoying when I hit the tiny percentage and then wind up with a dupe despite how unfathomably unlikely it is.  I'll like having her when ults-chemali are a thing, I'm sure.

I'll probably get DAthena after the daily MP dungeons get me past the 750k mark (I've got 656k). This also means I'll pick up dark, as I've been looking through my box and noticed that I've got enough cards to put together a pretty solid team. It's gonna be a completely different playstyle from the combo-based team I've been using since forever and I'm feeling like changing things up after all this time.

MatsuriSakuragi

You'll be in for a drastic change with DAthena, really. She kinda just... melts through pretty much everything like a hot knife through butter. Extremely low effort and orb cost for extremely high value. The hype around her is big for a reason.

commandercool

• alter cool
So what's up with the numbering of this week's challenge dungeons? I assumed the two C9s and C10s were the same dungeon with and without a restriction, until I got around to doing both C9s and realized that they're completely different.

MatsuriSakuragi

The conditional challenges give killer latents, C10 No Awoken Skills gives you a mail with c11, which has a god killer latent if you can beat it

MatsuriSakuragi

On another note, I am so emphatically fucking sick of Awoken Sopdet in dungeons and it is probably the cheapest fucking roadblock this game has ever made

there goes another 99 stam

Jq1790

Got a friend with Fujin?

MatsuriSakuragi

I have a DA friend with one, yeah, but their presence is spotty and I usually use my brother's DAthena with Facet to burst Kali down (I'm trying to consistently run Arena 1 for pys and exp).

It's ridiculous because even if I delay Sopdet, I'm still not safe from constant skyfalls ramping me higher than I want to go.

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, I don't totally hate the concept of Sopdet in the sense that an enemy that punishes spike teams and rewards weaker multipliers is a solid idea on paper, but the execution is very bad. Even teams that theoretically should work alright against Sopdet can have rando-losses to skyfalls. You pretty much need Fujin or no-skyfalls to actually be safe, which is kind of horseshit. And stuff like combo boost, type killers, and the increasingly enormous attack values on newer characters makes her even worse because it tends to lead to one or two cards doing waaaay higher damage than the rest, maybe unpredictably. Bleh.

Jq1790

Yeah I've gotta agree at the VERY least she needs retuned to match the current values stuff puts out, especially if she's gonna be hanging out alongside 30 million HP goddesses and the like.

MatsuriSakuragi

Yeah, I don't totally hate the concept of Sopdet in the sense that an enemy that punishes spike teams and rewards weaker multipliers is a solid idea on paper

I disagree; if it was something punishing or challenging to stronger teams, that's fine, the game needs challenge. But for some teams, she's a completely unmanageable wall unless you are just so lucky to have Fujin. And she may have been easier back in the day when "high" multipliers were what "low" multipliers are now, but after the power creep, she's just not fair at all. I shouldn't have to run a slow, tanky team (because the concept of that wore out for me 3 years ago when AA Lucifer was in vogue and I spent an hour slowly pinging down the Rainbow Keeper dungeon) just to pass her when I need a huge spike burst anyway to kill Kali reliably.

ASopdet is just frankly very bad now and needs to be adjusted for the forced power creep that she now chokes the life out of. Give her more health and a higher damage limit, I don't care. It just sucks to try to run A1 with DAthena and simply match 3 dark orbs and end up skyfalling one or two non-water combos and end up healing her. It's stupid. (at the very least, make her damage absorb timed with her countdown so delays can be a mitigating skill or SOMETHING idk)

Ninja'd: yeah basically what jq said lol

commandercool

• alter cool
Yeah, I'm not necessarily saying something that just makes it so you can't play a high-multiplier teams at all is good. That's bad, and Sopdet is too close to being that.

I *could* maybe say something like Vishnu is to stall what Sopdet is to spike and people don't complain about him nearly as much, but that's not really a fair argument. Stall teams get better at dealing with Vishnu over time while spike teams get worse at dealing with Sopdet, and as much as I like stall it's not really reasonable to expect the game to always accommodate it.

That said, the stopgap  answer here seems to be something I've been a big proponent of lately, Revo Greeks. Specifically the colored ones. They can hardly be called "stall" given that they can one-shot pretty much anything in the game with reasonable setup, and they have the damage control to handle Sopdet. Except oh yeah, not consistently, because fuuuucking skyfalls...

Jq1790

Another thought I have had in the past is simply to remove damage absorbs from the game and replace them with nulls or reductions(like "reduce damage taken by 50/75/99% when it exceeds X" etc).  That way you're still going to get some sort of penalty for overshooting but you never actively LOSE progress as a result.  I dunno.