Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221578 times)

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #690 on: January 18, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »
What was that you said about TD being harder than UFO?  :derp: JK dude, awesome job. I'll try to follow in your footsteps and no-bomb all the games.

« Reply #691 on: January 18, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26446
And that's it! I have now cleared EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO and TD on Lunatic with no bombs and perfected the Extra stages.
Took me a bit over a year... Damn. ' 3'

I've played for over 4 years and accomplished half of that. I guess you can say that you are on fire! And I suck. Go for something even more crazy now!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #692 on: January 18, 2013, 10:31:43 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26446
And that's it! I have now cleared EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO and TD on Lunatic with no bombs and perfected the Extra stages.
Took me a bit over a year... Damn. ' 3'

At times like this I feel unaccomplished. But so, in all likelihood, does 98% of the forums. Awesome job. Just awesome.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #693 on: January 18, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
I've played for over 4 years and accomplished half of that. I guess you can say that you are on fire! And I suck. Go for something even more crazy now!

aww, poor zengeku :V I'm playing for more than 3.5 by now, and I haven't no bombed any game, so really. that's still something

major congratulations to cactu for clearing every main windows game without bombs. that's good stuff.

« Reply #694 on: January 18, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »
Very nice.  Congrats!

btw Zil: yeah, Marisa's charge.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 03:36:39 AM by K.B. »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

redlakitu

« Reply #695 on: January 19, 2013, 01:32:26 AM »
A minor accomplishment - perfect Normal Patchouli, using the EoSD replay patch. I managed to die during the stage portion, but frankly I don't care.  I only needed two attempts.

Now, is there a patch that would let you practice stages with max lives?

« Reply #696 on: January 19, 2013, 03:35:54 AM »
You can use Cheat Engine with the cheat tables linked in Drake's thread.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #697 on: January 19, 2013, 03:47:38 AM »
To add to that, you can use Cheat Engine to lock the life count at a certain value to prevent the need to set it every time you restart. I'm pretty sure it'll desync replays though (edit: that is, Cheat Engine in general usually desyncs replays, unless you have the same cheat set up when playing back the replay).

Alternately, there's always the option of setting the in-game starting lives to 5, though of course that only gives you two extra lives beyond default.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:39:31 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #698 on: January 19, 2013, 08:34:49 AM »
I'm so glad to be able to post in this thread again :D
Because I just 1cc'd TD on Normal with Reimu!

« Reply #699 on: January 19, 2013, 11:35:59 AM »
aww, poor zengeku :V I'm playing for more than 3.5 by now, and I haven't no bombed any game, so really. that's still something

To make matters worse, all my no-bombs runs suck. It's not so bad though, it just means I've got plenty of things to work on. So don't you go poor Zengeku on me!!  :V
If you are not going to 90FPS NMNB Shou then I demand that you do No-bombs 90FPS UFO. You are allowed ufo tokens of course :P

redlakitu

« Reply #700 on: January 19, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
Alternately, there's always the option of setting the in-game starting lives to 5, though of course that only gives you two extra lives beyond default.
This doesn't seem to work, though. The extra lives just don't show up in stage practice.

Anyway, here's an achievement all right: I finally managed to get AppLocale to work with the EoSD Vsync patch. Or rather, I accidentally left a "t" in the executable's name and finally noticed and removed that today.  This immediately led to my first capture of Red Magic ever. Funny how my first ever Touhou clear was EoSD with no Vsync patch installed. No wonder it took me five months to do that.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
This doesn't seem to work, though. The extra lives just don't show up in stage practice.
OK, I guess that isn't an option. I'd never tried it, but I didn't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Weird.

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #702 on: January 19, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »
My Phantasm clear vid now doesn't have any lag! ;P

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGZTL89-GAY

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #703 on: January 19, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »
To make matters worse, all my no-bombs runs suck. It's not so bad though, it just means I've got plenty of things to work on. So don't you go poor Zengeku on me!!  :V
If you are not going to 90FPS NMNB Shou then I demand that you do No-bombs 90FPS UFO. You are allowed ufo tokens of course :P

still better than not having one at all. yeah, work on them. I think you could pull a NB run of MoF with maybe 4 deaths or so, which is, I'd say, pretty impressive. similar for SA. if you don't go all trainwreck on stage 5 like last time :P

NB 90 fps UFO? you first. no seriously, I just tried and game over'd on stage 2. ask people like Zil to do this for you :V I will give it a few shots as far as I am concerned, but don't expect too much out of it. it already sounds ridiculous, seeing how I fail to 1cc MoF on 90 fps. and I am using bombs there :V

« Reply #704 on: January 19, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »
In a break from MoF to get some variety, i managed to get a No-miss, no-bombs pacifist run of Stage 3 in Ten Desires. The stage was boring as sin but Yoshika is a lot of fun so I had a good time doing this. I'll record it soon enough. Oh and Kogasa. As much as you are a perfectly awesome love doll in youkai form, you are really being a pain in the butt in this stage. So could you be as kind as to fuck off? I lost more attempts to Umbrella Cyclone clipping than to anything Yoshika had.

NB 90 fps UFO? you first.

I have learned my lesson. No more 90FPS shenanigans for me. Sometimes I might forget that lesson but this isn't one of them. It's all up to you :3 Not that I expect anything of course. Clearing a game like UFO without bombs is a pretty alright feat to begin with and doing it at 90FPS is just insane.

As for the NB runs, yeah i've got quite a few things I want to do. Improving my NB runs is among them. I'm not going to do anything with my MoF run though. I'd rather play that for score than NB'ing. Maybe I'll improve my NB on it once I have a satisfactory score but that is almost pointless since the only hard thing in MoF i'm allowed to bomb in a score run is Momiji.

Oh and on topic of SA, look at this little beast of a replay that came out today people: http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud11c0.rpy
It's a 1-miss no-bombs run of SA Lunatic with ReimuA by coa. Go watch this people, it's extremely impressive.

LepLep

• BIG
  • cat
« Reply #705 on: January 19, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
Yes! Perfect Mountain of Faith Extra Clear~! :D

Youtube
Replay

« Reply #706 on: January 19, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »
PCB Lunatic was being mean, so I cleared IN Hard with Scarlet Team.
That makes this game 1cc'd with all teams in Hard Mode.
This run was ugly, except maybe stage 5. But still, it's something I've been trying for quite some time, so it's kind of an accomplishment.

Also, it's a relief to get something done after failing so much Touhou stuff these last days.

Congrats to Cactu for LNB of all games, to L3PiK for Extra stage perfect, and to everyone else. Keep up the good work  :)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #707 on: January 20, 2013, 01:19:27 AM »
So I sat down and decided "You know what? Let's try Hard with Solo Marisa in IN." And then 1cced it. What.
Reimu was annoying to do, though, because of her familiars. Those are especially bad in her first nonspell.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #708 on: January 20, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »
Oh and on topic of SA, look at this little beast of a replay that came out today people: http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud11c0.rpy
It's a 1-miss no-bombs run of SA Lunatic with ReimuA by coa. Go watch this people, it's extremely impressive.
More impressive than this?
http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud1015.rpy

« Reply #709 on: January 20, 2013, 03:00:31 AM »
More impressive than this?
http://score.royalflare.net/th11/replay11/th11_ud1015.rpy

Definitively not. No deaths, and no BoWaP safespot. By now, I have replay of perfect Lunatic clear from PCB (Reimu-B and Sakuya-A), IN (both A and B), MoF (Reimu-C and Marisa-C), SA, UFO (both Reimus) and TD. Do you guys have one from EoSD to share? :3
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:53:44 AM by Wriggle »

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #710 on: January 20, 2013, 04:00:13 AM »
I've looked on Royalflare and don't believe there is one. Considering the books and randomness on Remilia I doubt it's been done.

« Reply #711 on: January 20, 2013, 06:57:55 AM »
Got my first EoSD Lunatic 1cc.

« Reply #712 on: January 20, 2013, 07:35:19 AM »
Got my first EoSD Lunatic 1cc.

It's better than WoW so you're moving in the right direction. Congratulations.

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #713 on: January 20, 2013, 09:12:45 AM »

major congratulations to cactu for clearing every main windows game without bombs. that's good stuff.

Speaking of years played, I'll feel really left out on this forum on that part. I've only played for one year and four months. :( For that reason I have a lot less achievements. And indeed, congratulations to cactu!

« Reply #714 on: January 20, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
Oh and 2-death timeout of Mokou's final non. I'm too slow. Tried it randomly. It's the best i've done on it. Survived for almost 30 seconds without getting hit. I think I could probably do a full timeout of it, the problem is it's quite a long way into Mokou so it's gonna be a pain to grind. I guess I'll take a few stabs at it every once in a while.

« Reply #715 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »
Yes! Perfect Mountain of Faith Extra Clear~! :D

Youtube
Replay
Very nicely done, congrats!

Jade of the Horrid River was scary, I'm hoping it's not always like that for you. Houei Era 4 was...I honestly don't know if that was pure dumb luck, all I can say is I certainly wouldn't have attempted the routes you took.  :ohdear:

Not to mention the 9:50 mark by Youtube's timer. Speaking of which, that's quite the interesting approach to Suwa War, I might steal that myself  :V

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #716 on: January 20, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
Speaking of which, that's quite the interesting approach to Suwa War, I might steal that myself  :V
Do you mean going into that "alcove" on the left? I've found that to be very effective, though often I don't quite make it there for the sixth wave (second wave after the 30-second mark) and end up failing the card because of that.

@L3PiK: 900 million without bombing the stage portion? That's a higher score than most of the MoF Extra perfects I've seen. Nice job.

LepLep

• BIG
  • cat
« Reply #717 on: January 20, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
@L3PiK: 900 million without bombing the stage portion? That's a higher score than most of the MoF Extra perfects I've seen. Nice job.
Thanks Karisa. :)
Although one less point item could've changed that. :P

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #718 on: January 21, 2013, 03:51:43 AM »
Cleared EoSD Extra with the rank locked at 48 (max rank is 18 normally) using Cheat Engine. Finished 0/2 I think.

It's an interesting challenge. Just about all of the bullets in the stage are sped up, a few patterns like the pre-Patchouli death fairy and Silent Selene are less predictable due to the bullet limit, and Flandre's nonspell firing rate is so much higher that some of the nonspells and Four of a Kind can actually be pretty dangerous. If you think EoSD Extra could use a higher difficulty setting, without making some patterns impossible like ultra patches tend to do, it may be worth a try. Replays desync though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:54:37 AM by Karisa »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #719 on: January 21, 2013, 06:58:01 AM »
I'm almost done with Reimu's spells on IN! :3

Dream Land "Super Duplex Barrier"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYpjOyrVjIs

only her Last Spell on Hard and Lunatic to go :ohdear:
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff