Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221593 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #600 on: January 10, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #601 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
Today... I consider myself... the luckiest man... on the face of the earth.

That's a Reisen No-focus no-charge constant shooting Lunatic 1cc by the way.

Zil

« Reply #602 on: January 10, 2013, 11:57:06 PM »
My dreams have become reality!

And congrats on the clear RNG!

RNG

« Reply #603 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:43 AM »
Holy crap, nice work Zil! And thanks  :blush:

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #604 on: January 11, 2013, 12:42:52 AM »
Zil's a monster. we all knew it

and now we have reinforcing proof. extraordinary job on it. congratulations.

to you, too, RNG. congratulations.

I was thinking of doing a no focus no charge challenge for PoFV myself to get my focus habit out of the way (which I noticed a while ago), but have decided against it (for now), because doing that would mean reset the game back to 60, try a bunch of times and when I go back to 90 fps, I'd be all like "OH NO, EVERYTHING SO FAST". so I suppose I'll do that challenge after I feel like I am satisfied with 9 fps achievements (I am sure to go back to improve the not-yet-existing PoFV 1cc 90 fps, because I know it will be terrifying to watch)

« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2013, 12:49:13 AM »
Whoa, congrats RNG and Zil.

Well, it blackouted over here and I took the opportunity to cap some cards with Border team on IN (laptop ftw BV). Done 220/222 so far. But the two cards missing are the worst: Rape Jewel and Fantasy Hell. Looks like I should give up by now. :V
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:51:28 AM by Wriggle »

RNG

« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2013, 12:53:49 AM »
Also Zil, get back on the sekrit IRC channel, we've missed you ;(

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2013, 02:09:44 AM »
My dreams have become reality!
Is that a reference to something? I feel like I've seen it before...

« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2013, 02:16:55 AM »
Wow congrats to RNG, Zil, and Oh for their achievements! Mine feels so small by comparison; 1cc'd all GFW routes on Lunatic. The game is more fun than I thought it was when I played it as a Normal player. I think GFW was primarily built around Lunatic, and ZUN barely play tested the easier difficulties or something. The freezing mechanic doesn't work too well on easier difficulties :V.

Anyway now that that's done, I guess it's back to attempting MoF no bombs and still trying to clear UFO Lunatic with Marisa's shot types.

Is that a reference to something? I feel like I've seen it before...
I think that's the most generic fantasy trope ever. It comes up a ton in Disney at least, so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes up somewhere in anime as well.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:27 AM »
Good work as usual, everyone.

-

Oh, and Zil, Dream on, until your dreams come true.

« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »
Zil: saw the youtube (via feed), logged on here to say holy fuck congrats.  That Reimu fight, especially.  Just... goddamn.

I know I should leave it at that, since this is your day, but I have a few nagging questions... especially since after reading in the video description how you've learned so much more about the game.
-Two or three times, it seemed like you intentionally held a lvl4 for a while instead of immediately releasing it for a boss reversal.  Is there a scoring quirk there?
-Against Marisa's boss attack that fans out in two waves, you dodge toward the outside.  Why not take the first gap to the side of under-center?  Too confining if other bullets coincide with the attack?
-With remaining lives against Yumemi... what are your thoughts on suiciding for score?  1mil is so small for a remaining life bonus, and if the ai's spent a while at half a heart - to where you get that feeling that it's about to go down - it seems like it'd be better to suicide and play another round.  Surely too crazy of a risk with Chiyuri and probably even Kana, and it'd be kind of silly with Yumemi and probably Reimu and Rikako (though scoring with ai-killers is kind of silly to begin with), but otherwise... well, I'm curious what you think and if you've toyed with this.
-How can you play a game for so long and with so much love and still use an emu that abuses the music?  My heart weeps.

By the way: crosses hiding bullets, effectively ending the potential no-miss run, is total and complete ass.  So close; you're going to get it eventually, without a doubt.  Especially when even facing Chiyuri must be so easy for you now, since you just sat there and took a laser up the butt so you could live a little on the edge and give yourself at least the semblance of a challenge.  [sorry, I had to; it was too funny.]
edit: caught up with the past three weeks of hs and rage threads... seconding Lepetit.
unrelated: i got a kick out of that pofv reply. no edit is safe, no matter how old!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:16:09 AM by K.B. »
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »
Seems like amazing things have happened again, congratulations to everyone! Happy to see that Zil's pain has ended.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:42:13 AM by Lepetit89 »

Zil

« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »
About the lvl4 holding, there is indeed a deadly glitch that I'm paranoid about. I'm pretty sure it can only happen if the boss you're trying to repel was itself a boss reversal for the enemy. What happen is if you use your lvl4 too soon, the game apparently thinks your first boss is still there and you end up using a lvl3. I usually just end up waiting until the enemy's boss has fully appeared, just to be safe about it. (On a somewhat related note, if you use a lvl2 or lvl3 too quickly after you trigger an automatic boss attack, you negate your own boss attack. That's something I also try to avoid.)

For Marisa's boss attack, yeah that's basically it. The gaps are bigger further out, and rushing straight to one side is usually a safe thing to do, since everything is going to be aimed where you were. If you stay closer to the center while going through that, it's more likely that you'll take a big cluster of bullets to the face.

Suicides against Yumemi are without a doubt a good thing. I think I suicided twice in that 98mil Mima run, for instance. In this run though, since it was already apparent that I'd get over 100mil, I figured I'd let her lose. Suiciding would have almost certainly been better for my score even if I ended up with a game over, but I really wanted to beat the game at the same as getting 100mil.

And this is the only emulator that works for me. And barely, at that! That's what all the pausing is about at the start of every stage.

Anyway, thanks everyone!

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »
You're absolutely insane, you know that? Don't start longing for 110 now or something. Geez, congratulations.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
Go for 125 imo Zil

Nicer number

If you like big scores you could always revert back to PoFV, I know there are some 300M scores somewhere in the globe (or I'm mixing up another game)

« Reply #615 on: January 12, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »

:toot:

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #616 on: January 12, 2013, 02:20:10 AM »
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #617 on: January 12, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »
Oh boy Zil, you are such a freak  :V Congrats, that's probably a WR you got there.

Zil

« Reply #618 on: January 12, 2013, 04:14:40 AM »
Unfortunately, no. Some Japanese player called K.M supposedly has a score of 119 million. It's also like 10 years old or something. http://web.archive.org/web/20081207001518/http://www.ht-net21.ne.jp/~perry/score.html

I wonder what 途中で残機つぶし means.

I'll beat it eventually I suppose, but I'll take another break from PoDD for now. Probably put a serious effort into some Psikyo game or something.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #619 on: January 12, 2013, 08:31:34 AM »
Unfortunately, no. Some Japanese player called K.M supposedly has a score of 119 million. It's also like 10 years old or something. http://web.archive.org/web/20081207001518/http://www.ht-net21.ne.jp/~perry/score.html

I wonder what 途中で残機つぶし means.

I'll beat it eventually I suppose, but I'll take another break from PoDD for now. Probably put a serious effort into some Psikyo game or something.

Going with the context of the entire comment, it seems like he had no Misses up until Yumemi, then started going through Extra Lives from that point forth.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:33:58 AM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #620 on: January 12, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
1DNB EOSD stage 6 lunatic up to Scarlet meister. :]

Spoiler:
The death was at Thousand Needle Mountain!

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »
I...I did it.
I fckin did it !
EoSD Lunatic 1cc !

First lunatic clear ever, I wanted it to be EoSD. Overall run wasn't so bad, except one silly death during stage 4 streaming.
1B1D Meiling, perfect stage 5 midboss, 12 spellcards captured, "only" used 3 bombs on Scarlet Gensokyo and finished with 1/0.
Also, I was angry after game overing with like 5% left on SG during previous attempt :V

*runs out laughing like a madman*

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #622 on: January 12, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
1DNB EOSD stage 6 lunatic up to Scarlet meister. :]
The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.

First lunatic clear ever, I wanted it to be EoSD.
hi5

« Reply #623 on: January 12, 2013, 11:13:57 PM »
It was my second. Am I cool as well? :V

Congrats btw Reiko. By that, you probably won't have any problems with PCB.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:23:57 PM by Wriggle »

« Reply #624 on: January 13, 2013, 05:14:07 AM »

WAHAHAHAHA. Rest of the run was pretty bad, but I flippin captured this card! This caaaard.

First lunatic clear ever, I wanted it to be EoSD. Overall run wasn't so bad, except one silly death during stage 4 streaming.
1B1D Meiling, perfect stage 5 midboss, 12 spellcards captured, "only" used 3 bombs on Scarlet Gensokyo and finished with 1/0.
Also, I was angry after game overing with like 5% left on SG during previous attempt :V

*runs out laughing like a madman*
Nice work! EoSD is already decently hard to 1cc, so the rest of the series aside from SA/UFO should be easily doable now. You can do it!

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #625 on: January 13, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
Unlocked StB Stage 9 and DS Stage 10! :D I aim to beat both of the photo games.

« Reply #626 on: January 13, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »

Youtube

Tumblr

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #627 on: January 13, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
Finally cleared MoF's extra!

Ha HA, take that Suwako! I even had leftover lives.  :toot:

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

« Reply #628 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »
MoF Stage 5 Perfected. Took far too long with so many dumb mistakes.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #629 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:13 PM »
MoF Stage 5 Perfected. Took far too long with so many dumb mistakes.

good work, now go perfect stage 4 :V you know you want to.