Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 140551 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #480 on: March 31, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »
>Head home.
>Make plans to properly introduce Rinoa in case they do meet.
>Poor Dad ,_,
>You and Rinoa head down the path, and enter into your door. Your room looks much the same as last time; it might be a good first thing for Rinoa to see of your world, considering there isn't any advanced technology stuff in it.
>That would be... interesting, to say the least.
>Well, he hasn't really been PROVED to be dead, but he's been missing for a few weeks, soooo...
>"Alright, welcome to my humble abode!"
> "My home is no royal palace or anything of the sort, but their are many things their that probably aren't in your world. Please try to contain your excitement around so many new things. Assuming it's all new to you, which it should be."
>You introduce Rinoa to your house! She gives off "oohs" and "aahs", looking around your room at your clothes drawer, self-made stitchface dolls, and then at the mirror. "Wow... the reflection is so perfect!"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #481 on: March 31, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »
>Show her around the house a bit.
>Enjoy reactions.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #482 on: March 31, 2010, 07:50:31 PM »
>"An' this here is called a television"
>Turn on TV

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #483 on: March 31, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »
>Show her around the house a bit.
>Enjoy reactions.
>"An' this here is called a television"
>Turn on TV
>Oh boy, you can't wait to show her the TV! You bring her downstairs, trying not to make much noise since Mom might be asleep in her room. As the two of you reach the living room, you show Rinoa the TV.
>"Oh, it looks funny!", she says. Then you turn it on. She gasps as the black and white images come on. "Thats... that's amazing!"
>You're enjoying her amazement immensely. It's delicious.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #484 on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:31 PM »
>Let her get a good eyeful of it, then let her look out the window.
>After that, demonstrate plumbing~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #485 on: March 31, 2010, 08:12:13 PM »
>Let her get a good eyeful of it, then let her look out the window.
>After that, demonstrate plumbing~
>You let her stare at it for a minute, before ushering her into the kitchen. There's a bit much here to show her everything she doesn't have in her world, but she's certainly mesmerized at all the cooking implements. You show her the sink, and how it gives water; "You mean you don't have to rely on streams, rain, or snow for water?! Incredible!"
>Then, you show her the view out a window. "The buildings here are just...! An-waoh, is that river black?"
>It takes all your willpower to not burst out giggling at that comment.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #486 on: March 31, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »
>"That would be a paved road. We cover 'em with blacktop so they're smooth and don't get weeded over and stuff."
>Wait for a car to go by, try not to cackle in anticipation.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #487 on: March 31, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
>"That would be a paved road. We cover 'em with blacktop so they're smooth and don't get weeded over and stuff."
>Wait for a car to go by, try not to cackle in anticipation.
>"Oh, I see! ...kinda."
>At that moment, a car goes by! Rinoa gasps and steps back a bit. "W-what was that?! It had all this smoke coming out of the back! Was that what your world's dragons are like?"

>Your current state: :V

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #488 on: March 31, 2010, 08:35:36 PM »
>"That's a car- wait dragons!?"
>"I'll ask later...a car is a carriage, that doesn't need horses."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #489 on: March 31, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
>Cackle, lest we strain some obscure but no doubt critical muscle holding it back.
>"More like our version of the cart. We got engines in 'em, so the horses aren't necessary. The smoke comes from the engine. Guess that guy's got a lousy exhaust system."
>Delicious culture shock~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #490 on: March 31, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »
>"That's a car- wait dragons!?"
>"I'll ask later...a car is a carriage, that doesn't need horses."
>"You don't have dragons here? Aww... I've never seen one before."
>"Oooh... cool! That sounds like a lot less hassle, then!"
>Cackle, lest we strain some obscure but no doubt critical muscle holding it back.
>"More like our version of the cart. We got engines in 'em, so the horses aren't necessary. The smoke comes from the engine. Guess that guy's got a lousy exhaust system."
>Delicious culture shock~
>You cackle, much to the joy of your mouth. You try to keep it short though, so as to not be mean.
>She nods in response. You leave out that last part, though; from the little you know about cars, they're all like that!
>Yeeeeessssss

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #491 on: March 31, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »
> Show her some other stuff.
> Head for bed.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #492 on: March 31, 2010, 09:00:13 PM »
>Yeah, we're gonna be doing this all night~
>Also make some dinner. Offer her some in case ghosts actually do eat.
>Set her up a proper spot on the floor with the fluffiest comforter we can give.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #493 on: April 01, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »
> Show her some other stuff.
> Head for bed.
>Yeah, we're gonna be doing this all night~
>Also make some dinner. Offer her some in case ghosts actually do eat.
>Set her up a proper spot on the floor with the fluffiest comforter we can give.
>You go back into the kitchen, and demonstrate some of its uses to Rinoa by heating up leftover spaghetti&sauce from your birthday party, using the stove.
>You ask Rinoa if she can eat, and she disappointedly replies "No, I don't think I can... I hope my body is okay, and that I find it soon! Maybe tommorow..."
>You head up to your room, and lie a nice fluffy comforter down on the floor for Rinoa. You don't think she'll need a blanket to go with that; her ghostly form probably doesn't support weight.
>When you go back downstairs, you find Rinoa looking at a calendar on the wall. "Berkeley, what's this for?", she asks.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #494 on: April 01, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »
>"That's a calender. It's to keep track of what day it is."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #495 on: April 01, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »
>"That's a calender. It's to keep track of what day it is."
>"Huh? What day it is...? So, umm... it helps tell you when the seasons will change? I don't think I understand, exactly."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #496 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »
>"We number the days so we can talk about them more easily. Like, right now it's <Date>, but in ten says it'll be <date +10>. And in one hundred days-"
>Flip the calender ahead.
>"It'll be <date +100>, or rather a couple months from now. Don't you guys keep track of time like that?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2010, 12:41:03 AM »
> "We have this kinda system...  There are seven days in a week, four weeks in a month, and twelve months in a year.  It does help keep track of seasonal changes as well."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »
>"We number the days so we can talk about them more easily. Like, right now it's <Date>, but in ten says it'll be <date +10>. And in one hundred days-"
>Flip the calender ahead.
>"It'll be <date +100>, or rather a couple months from now. Don't you guys keep track of time like that?"
> "We have this kinda system...  There are seven days in a week, four weeks in a month, and twelve months in a year.  It does help keep track of seasonal changes as well."
>You explain the calendar to Rinoa. She nods her head calmly as you show her about it. It's March 2nd, 2010, by the way.
>"That sounds very convenient. Now that I think about it, we don't really keep track of time, other then by the seasons. Maybe, if I get my body back... I'll start a calendar for my world, too!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #499 on: April 01, 2010, 12:50:25 AM »
>"How do you keep track of holidays?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #500 on: April 01, 2010, 12:53:26 AM »
>"How do you keep track of holidays?"
>"A what day?"
>You really never realized how much stuff you'd have to explain after you brought her here...

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2010, 12:54:48 AM »
>"You like, celebrate stuff on that day."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #502 on: April 01, 2010, 12:57:20 AM »
>"Yeah, like, today's the anniversary of when I was born. And there are certain dates where we celebrate every year. Don't you guys do that?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #503 on: April 01, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »
>"You like, celebrate stuff on that day."
>"Yeah, like, today's the anniversary of when I was born. And there are certain dates where we celebrate every year. Don't you guys do that?"
>"Well, we celebrate after the big harvest! We know when to do that because, well, first we have the big harvest and... yeah. And we celebrate when someone is born, or dies. Err, it's a different kind of celebration when someone dies, of course; it's not really a happy kind of celebration. But this calendar thing sounds really wonderful!"
>It's probably about time to check on the spaghetti.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #504 on: April 01, 2010, 01:08:39 AM »
>Go get that dinner on.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #505 on: April 01, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »
>Go get that dinner on.
>You go into the kitchen and check the spaghetti. It seems to be pretty warmed up now, so you turn off the stove and get a plate of spaghetti, taking it and Rinoa up to your room.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #506 on: April 01, 2010, 01:15:49 AM »
>Have some din-dins.
>"So...where did Lufie come from? I mean, I know a little bit about the forest, your town, and Veronica's town. But what else is there out there that you know of?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #507 on: April 01, 2010, 01:23:45 AM »
Shit.

Backing up Berkeley's Phantasmagoria. Please wait warmly for... well, I don't know. I assume someone will probably make a temporary/replacement forum on a free site before long, but I really just don't know.

EDIT:Oh wait April comes after March and it's the 31st *facedeskfacedeskfacedesk* Still backing this up and waiting till tommorow to update, just in case. And since I should have a back up anyway.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:45:19 AM by NeoJackson »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #508 on: April 01, 2010, 01:46:38 AM »
Ah c'mon, update til the bitter end while the world burns~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #509 on: April 01, 2010, 01:51:15 AM »
Ah c'mon, update til the bitter end while the world burns~
>Quite frankly, it's going to take like 20 more minutes for me to backup anyway, and by then I really need to get going to bed anyway, so I can wake up early...

I just started my paragraph with >, didn't I D:

Onto to backing up Page 6~