Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 139968 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2010, 11:04:10 PM »
> Try to get the woman to wake up, in a polite manner.
> Is this character from Touhou, or somewhere? Or is she original? if she is from Touhou, who is it? I can't think of anyone with "black hair and a white robe"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »
>"Hello, Ms. Watcha lookin' at?"
>As you talk, she begins to wake up. "Errgh... uh whaa?" Then, she shakes her head and blinks her eyes, stumbling out the words "Woah, woah, who are... wait, you took it, didn't you!?"

What the heck is up with her?

>Now she stands up; she's about a foot shorter then you. With her raggedy hair and dress, she looks like she might be an orphan. She certainly doesn't seem to have been eating much lately. She's also glaring at you now, but her heart doesn't seem to be in it.
> Try to get the woman to wake up, in a polite manner.
> Is this character from Touhou, or somewhere? Or is she original? if she is from Touhou, who is it? I can't think of anyone with "black hair and a white robe"
>I hope that was polite enough for you.
>This entire game is original! :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »
> "Er...  Took what?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »
> "Er...  Took what?"
>The girl stops glaring and blinks. "Err, nothing! There isn't anything around here! How did you sneak past me, anyway...? She did something again, hasn't she? Aaah, there's nothing I can do about that... if you're done with whatever she wanted, just go back." She makes a gesture at the portal.
>Apparently, that portal is the only way in or out of here. Or at least, it used to be.

>Your current state:Rather confused.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2010, 01:24:09 AM »
> Look at her weirdly.
> Head for the portal.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2010, 01:24:51 AM »
>BEFORE THAT.
>"Um, uh, did I do something wrong?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2010, 01:32:30 AM »
> Look at her weirdly.
> Head for the portal.
>BEFORE THAT.
>"Um, uh, did I do something wrong?"
>You look at her weirdly, and ask her your question.
>This seems to catch her off guard. Now she looks a bit confused herself. "You... you DO know who I'm talking about, don't you? I mean, if you got in here, either I'm a really heavy sleeper, or... you had to have gotten help! Most people can't just waltz into someone else's world whenever they feel like it, no matter how bad they want that stupid orb!"
>At least she isn't trying to make you leave anymore. But now you've only gotten HER confused, too. And she's making even less sense now.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »
> "Orb?"
> Look as confused as she does.

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »
>"I don't know anything about an orb, but whoever wants me here wants to play some sick sort of "game", and I dont think I want to play anymore if I've any choice in the matter."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2010, 01:40:34 AM »
> "I found some weird path in my home that lead here. I came in here cause I was wondering what was in here. So could you please explain what your talking about, miss... miss... um, what was your name?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2010, 01:46:45 AM »
> "Orb?"
> Look as confused as she does.
>She instantly claps her hands over her mouth, then tries to change the subject. "How did you get here?!"
>"I don't know anything about an orb, but whoever wants me here wants to play some sick sort of "game", and I dont think I want to play anymore if I've any choice in the matter."
>Now she looks sad. "Oh... I'm afraid you really don't have a choice, if that's the case... maybe you better just go on and be done with it. I wish I could do something, but there's no way I could stand up to her, not anymore..." She gestures towards the portal as if she was leading a puppy to a guillotine.
> "I found some weird path in my home that lead here. I came in here cause I was wondering what was in here. So could you please explain what your talking about, miss... miss... um, what was your name?"

>"Jigen. I'm the goddess of this place... although, both this place and myself aren't very much to look at anymore, ever since she came along. Now I'm just supposed to make sure no one takes this orb she plopped in here, or else..." She shudders at the thought.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2010, 01:48:56 AM »
> Blank stare.
> "O... kay..."
> Head for the portal.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
> "Who is "she?" What did "she do to you, or this place to make it "not much to look at" as you put it?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2010, 02:01:37 AM »
> Blank stare.
> "O... kay..."
> Head for the portal.
>You stare at her blankly and try to make a response. That was waaaay too much vague for one day, much less one conversation.
> "Who is "she?" What did "she do to you, or this place to make it "not much to look at" as you put it?"
>You want some answers, dammit! "Oh, you'll know her name soon enough. She'll make sure of that. She doesn't like other people spoiling her fun by telling anything, and I can't afford to make her mad. She's destroyed my entire world! I don't know how she did it... but suddenly I stopped gaining faith, and the fairies disappeared, and all the plants started dying, and now there's hardly anything left at all... she needs a taste of her own medicine, but no one would ever stand up to her."

>Now you're confused, creeped out, and REALLY wanting to just go back home. God, she's just talking and talking and you can't even believe most of what she says...
You must be dreaming. Yeah. That would explain everything. You hope.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2010, 02:09:14 AM »
>No. This cannot be a dream. I did cut this woman into 13 pieces.
>"Well...I believe you're here. I suppose it's not much, though."
>Properly introduce self.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2010, 02:20:03 AM »
ITT this part of the game doesn't go as hoped and is 10x more long and incomprehensible then I meant it to be. It'll get less "wth k? >_>" in a little bit >:

>"Well...I believe you're here. I suppose it's not much, though."
>Properly introduce self.
>Damn. Because this game doesn't sound like fun anymore!
>"Well... thanks. Faith is more then just that, though. Its... complicated to explain."
>"It's nice to meet you, Berkeley! I wish it was on different circumstances though, you know? I'd really like to help you out; anything that might mess up her plans! But, I don't have any power left in me... although... well, I could let you take the orb, maybe... if you just tell her you snuck past me when I was sleeping! It'd be her fault for sending you in through my world anyway!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2010, 02:28:10 AM »
>Damn. Because this game doesn't sound like fun anymore!
>"Well... thanks. Faith is more then just that, though. Its... complicated to explain."
>"It's nice to meet you, Berkeley! I wish it was on different circumstances though, you know? I'd really like to help you out; anything that might mess up her plans! But, I don't have any power left in me... although... well, I could let you take the orb, maybe... if you just tell her you snuck past me when I was sleeping! It'd be her fault for sending you in through my world anyway!"

>Shit got weird when we went from DIY birthday girl to Dimenonaut. It's time to try to make goodnice with the locals and help things make sense.
>"Can you tell me anything about the orb? Why it's important? And would she know if I were lying? I mean, this is all magic, right?"
>Gesture out toward the nothing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2010, 02:47:08 AM »
>Shit got weird when we went from DIY birthday girl to Dimenonaut. It's time to try to make goodnice with the locals and help things make sense.
>"Can you tell me anything about the orb? Why it's important? And would she know if I were lying? I mean, this is all magic, right?"
>Gesture out toward the nothing.
Well THAT was on purpose. >:3 There's a reason for it, of course.
>"Well, I don't really know all that much about it. From what I know, it's a magical item of great power. Someone tried to rebel against her, using that... she hasn't been seen since. The one who rebelled, that is. This was... I don't know, a month or so ago?"
>"I don't think she'd know if you lied; at least, not by supernatural means. And this, well, it sort of IS magic, I suppose. I've made this place all by myself... but when the last of my faith finally runs out, I think both it and me might just disappear..."
>She sits down again and hugs her knees to her chest. "Take the Orb. It's your only chance. It should be at the end of the path that you came from."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2010, 03:02:16 AM »

It was seventeen pieces. I am ashamed, Purvis. >: <

> "If she disappears, will you be able to regain faith...or...?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »
I always mess it up. Ah well.

>"You need faith to live, right? Will I be able to see you again, after I take the orb?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »
It was seventeen pieces. I am ashamed, Purvis. >: <

> "If she disappears, will you be able to regain faith...or...?"
>She seems surprised by this statement. "If you did that... that would just be, well, unbelievable. Maybe I'd get back all the faith I lost? But, I don't know if that would happen at all. If I could just get new sources of faith from people, that should help, but... it's complicated. I'd need quite a bit at this point for it to help, anyway. Maybe the Sister in the village could explain faith to you a little better?"

>"Anyway, you shouldn't be worrying about me right now. Worry about yourself! Go take the orb at the end of the path, then come back and go through this portal. If you can go back to your house, you may want to take something from there as well."
I always mess it up. Ah well.

>"You need faith to live, right? Will I be able to see you again, after I take the orb?"
>"Yes. You should be able to come back here, after you leave; you'll just have to return to the shrine this portal leads to. But... if I don't get more faith soon, I probably won't be here much longer..."

>She looks really upset. You don't think she wants to talk any more right now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 03:22:58 AM by NeoMargatroid »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2010, 03:24:26 AM »
> "If I knew how, I would give you my faith. Is it as simple as praying to you? Or is their more to it?"
> If Jigen or w/e her name is says that praying to her is all it takes to give her your faith, then pray to her that you will make it through this alive, or something like that.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2010, 03:34:01 AM »
> "If I knew how, I would give you my faith. Is it as simple as praying to you? Or is their more to it?"
> If Jigen or w/e her name is says that praying to her is all it takes to give her your faith, then pray to her that you will make it through this alive, or something like that.
>She shakes her head no to the first question. Maybe you should try to find that village's "Sister" person she was talking about if you want to learn more, because Jigen looks like she's on the verge of tears here. It would assumably be through this portal.
>It's probably about time to get that orb and get out of here. It'd be pretty awkward to watch a goddess sob her eyes out.

-Off to bed now, no more updates tonight~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2010, 03:37:05 AM »
>Hand to shoulder ACTION.
>"Thank you for telling me all this. I really appreciate it. I'll do my best to keep you in my thoughts."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
>Hand to shoulder ACTION.
>"Thank you for telling me all this. I really appreciate it. I'll do my best to keep you in my thoughts."
>She flinches as you do this.
>"...thanks." You can tell she really means it.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »
> Get ze orb!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »
holy crap a reply,I thought I messed up too badly and this died
> Get ze orb!
>You run back, and come to your bedroom door again. Upon looking behind it, you see a CLEAR ORB on the ground. It looks to be about the size of your head. You'd think it would be heavy, but when you pick it up, it feels almost weightless. Where your hands are touching it, a RED FOG flows into the Orb. It looks pretty cool.

>You put the Orb into a pocket in your coat, and it seems to disappear, not bulging your pockets at all. Nifty.

>Unless you want to take/do something in your room, you should head for the portal now. Hopefully stuff will be less weird after that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:44:52 PM by NeoMargatroid »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
>Leave a quick note on the desk/dressed/what have you: "Mystery present created portal other worlds. Out of this dimension for the time being. Stay out of closet. Don't let me forget about Jigen. -Love Berkeley."
>Don't even stop to think how absurd it sounds.
>If possible, bring pen and notepad along.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
> If we have an MP3 bring it.  We may be in need of epic battle music.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
>Leave a quick note on the desk/dressed/what have you: "Mystery present created portal other worlds. Out of this dimension for the time being. Stay out of closet. Don't let me forget about Jigen. -Love Berkeley."
>Don't even stop to think how absurd it sounds.
>If possible, bring pen and notepad along.
>You find a pen and notebook, and leave the note.

>Your mom actually may not be all that surprised; you used to do stuff like this all the time when you were younger. Then again, back then you were pretending; and you were also just a little kid.

>They fit in your coat pockets easily.

> If we have an MP3 bring it.  We may be in need of epic battle music.
>Unfortunately you don't. But maybe they have magical music playing stuff where you're going! Oooh, if this wasn't some possibly life-threatening game, this would be awesome.