Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 154672 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »
>"Put up or shut up, Lunasa."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #301 on: February 15, 2010, 10:13:36 PM »
@Suwako Purviya: Drop. The. Point. You're running in circles and ruining our chances. DROP IT!!!
> But even the Yama wants Chen finished! Even the Afterlife Judge System has become corrupt..."
> "Who here calls the shots anyway? There has to atleast one higher authority than this, and I doubt they'd allow this corrupt judidical system. Someone needs to have created this to let the souls be fairly judged."
> Say this all veeeery quietly to Yuuka.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:15:28 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Spidere

• My magic finger will make your problems go away
  • But I'm an asshole, so you won't get any of it
« Reply #302 on: February 15, 2010, 10:14:38 PM »
@Suwako Purviya: Drop. The. Point. You're running in circles and ruining the plan. DROP IT!!!

> I agree.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »
Quote from: Yuka
You need to prove Chen was where she was and when. Now.
>Brainstorm people, brainstorm. We need THIS.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
Alright, alright, we can figure it out. Why haven't I ever bothered getting Phoenix Wright?! If only there was someone to witness Chen going in the Forest of Magic....besides Marisa. And I doubt there is a option to let 'anyone in the magic forest except Marisa' testimony.

> Can't Wriggle ask one of her subordinates if they saw Chen?
> Look over Patchy and Sanae's times again. When was the time Chen entered the Magic Forest and when did the murder occur?

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »
>"Put up or shut up, Lunasa."

Lunasa sighs, rolling her eyes. "Whenever you're ready for the call, if you're so confident."

@Suwako Purviya: Drop. The. Point. You're running in circles and ruining our chances. DROP IT!!!
> But even the Yama wants Chen finished! Even the Afterlife Judge System has become corrupt..."
> "Who here calls the shots anyway? There has to atleast one higher authority than this, and I doubt they'd allow this corrupt judidical system. Someone needs to have created this to let the souls be fairly judged."
> Say this all veeeery quietly to Yuuka.

"Calm yourself the hell down. For one, there is just something that means you CAN'T call on the mirror. Even if she is corrupt, if we give her what we need, she can't make the call in good conscience."

> Can't Wriggle ask one of her subordinates if they saw Chen?
> Look over Patchy and Sanae's times again. When was the time Chen entered the Magic Forest and when did the murder occur?

You could, but there are a lot to ask, and the court is looking antsy...

You're pretty sure this means the time Chen entered the magic forest has to be at least 2:25 ago. Its simply a matter of proving she was there at 2:05...

"ARGH! Wake up, Bug brain! Screw it, How the hell did Patchy give you that time again, and what did she say directly after about it? And what does this MEAN about this method?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »
It's all about forcing Lunasa to prove a positive. That is, something formal logic can establish did happen, as opposed to Holmes-style deduction. Either way, Lunasa has to admit she can't do it, or spend time and show more of her hand doing so.

If Lunasa can't prove the deal went down, Chen is innocent. And if she can't and Chen is convicted anyways, then the court was packed to begin with. All the rest is just establishing a viable alternative and more or less doing Lunasa's work for her.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »
>"Err... she said she could determine the time in relation to her library. She said it was from Sakuya's studies. I suppose this means Patchouli would know what time it was at wherever she was... its a long shot, but we could ask Patchy where she was at around the murder time, and try to find a way to prove where Chen was off of that. But she said she was at a place not near the murder..."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:46 PM »
>"Err... she said she could determine the time in relation to her library. She said it was from Sakuya's studies. I suppose this means Patchouli would know what time it was at wherever she was... its a long shot, but we could ask Patchy where she was at around the murder time, and try to find a way to prove where Chen was off of that. But she said she was at a place not near the murder..."

"Yes. Good, And now why couldn't she expand on those studies?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:55 PM »
>"She lost the original spell and studies on it, right? Are you implying that someone else has them, or remembers them? ...if someone stole them, I'd assume it to be Marisa, but that wouldn't help if its her."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:58:09 PM by NeoGenesis »

Chaore

« Reply #310 on: February 15, 2010, 10:57:46 PM »
>"She lost the original spell and studies on it, right? Are you implying that someone else has them, or remembers them? ...if someone stole them, I'd assume it to be Marisa, but that wouldn't help if its her."

"There you go. They were stolen. Which means Marisa, someone who lives in the forest of magic, has them.

Now contemplate what exactly you have to lose here."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #311 on: February 15, 2010, 10:59:57 PM »
>"That's a good point. I guess we don't have anything to lose here. I have to say though, if you mean that I should get Marisa to prove Chen was innocent... I'm going to be pretty shocked if she does it."
>Call Marisa to the stand!
>And pray to god this works.

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
Pretty clever, that our saving grace is also our greatest enemy. Let's hope Marisa has some morality left in her heart.

> Water Yuka. If she hopped all the way here, she might be pretty dehydrated. Also, she deserves it for helping us out so much.

Chaore

« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2010, 11:36:35 PM »
>"That's a good point. I guess we don't have anything to lose here. I have to say though, if you mean that I should get Marisa to prove Chen was innocent... I'm going to be pretty shocked if she does it."
>Call Marisa to the stand!
>And pray to god this works.

You call Marisa to the stand, Lunasa raises a brow.

Chen hides in the witness stand. You can't blame her.

Pretty clever, that our saving grace is also our greatest enemy. Let's hope Marisa has some morality left in her heart.

> Water Yuka. If she hopped all the way here, she might be pretty dehydrated. Also, she deserves it for helping us out so much.

"Hey! Watch the face, I'm...actually not sure if I can drown like this, damnit."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »
>"Marisa, it has recently come to my attention that you may have a spell that can determine when a person was at a certain place... or, something similar to that. Meira was found in the Forest of Birds, killed about 2 hours and 5 minutes ago. Do you have a spell that could be used to determine everyone who was near her at this time?"
>If not, "Could you use a spell to determine where Suika was about 2 hours and 5 minutes ago, then?"
>If not to the first but so to the previous, "Would you please also determine where Chen was at this time?"

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #315 on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:45 PM »
> Try and act as if Chen is already a soul. No point for Marisa to blast something that is already dead.
> "Miss Kirisame, we wish to know from you at what time you faced Miss Chen Yakumo."
> "If you have anything else to add, be our guest."

Chaore

« Reply #316 on: February 15, 2010, 11:45:21 PM »
>"Marisa, it has recently come to my attention that you may have a spell that can determine when a person was at a certain place... or, something similar to that. Meira was found in the Forest of Birds, killed about 2 hours and 5 minutes ago. Do you have a spell that could be used to determine everyone who was near her at this time?"
>If not, "Could you use a spell to determine where Chen was about 2 hours and 5 minutes ago, then?"

"What?...Oh, That. I suppose one of your bugs finally told you about the fact I rigged the entire forest."

She did WHAT?

"Supposing that cat was in the forest at that moment, I should be able to prove she was there 2 hours and five minutes ago."

> Try and act as if Chen is already a soul. No point for Marisa to blast something that is already dead.
> "Miss Kirisame, we wish to know from you at what time you faced Miss Chen Yakumo."
> "If you have anything else to add, be our guest."

"Hour forty ago."

You don't think she particularly cares at the moment, luckily. Probably because she couldn't kill her at the moment.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
>She did WHAT.
>"That is... quite impressive. Would you please prove so to the court, then, that Chen was there?"
>Komachi is awake for this, right?

Chaore

« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »
>She did WHAT.
>"That is... quite impressive. Would you please prove so to the court, then, that Chen was there?"
>Komachi is awake for this, right?

You're only a hair's breadth away from going nuts.

You throw Yuka at Komachi to wake her up. You're done with her anyway. "Ungrateful bug!"

Komachi sits up. "Huzzahwha?"

Marisa clears her throat. "Anyway... Yeap. 'ppears so. Get me a surface and I can verify it, She entered the forest around 2:15 ago, left 1:30."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »
...okay I lol'd at that. Poor Yuka  :V

>"There is your proof that Chen did not commit the murder of Meira! Does anyone care to object to the fact that Chen is innocent of this crime?"

Chaore

« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2010, 11:59:18 PM »
...okay I lol'd at that. Poor Yuka  :V

>"There is your proof that Chen did not commit the murder of Meira! Does anyone care to object to the fact that Chen is innocent of this crime?"

Lunasa huhms. "...I've got nothing. Go ahead with it."

Komachi nods and clears her throat. "Ahem. PRESENTING THE KITTEN FOR JUDGING."

Wait. What?

Komachi pulls a cat from presumably her lap and sets it on the podium. It adjusts a familiar hat that its wearing, and turns around to pull up a sign with it'd mouth and shows it to the court.

It reads. 'I AM THE LAW'.

It then flips it over with 'NOT GUILTY' on the other side.

You...what?

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:14 AM »
Throwing Yuuka was rather mean, even IF it is Yuuka. (Actually, especially if it is Yuuka)

> "Your honor....is that.... Shikieiki?"
> Also, praise Sanae for Chen's innocense and freedom.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:29 AM »
>"Shikieiki is... a cat...?!"
>Did Yukari do this okay WHAT THE HELL @_@

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2010, 12:03:09 AM »
> Giant sigh of relief.
> High five Chen.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »
Throwing Yuuka was rather mean, even IF it is Yuuka. (Actually, especially if it is Yuuka)

> "Your honor....is that.... Shikieiki?"
> Also, praise Sanae for Chen's innocense and freedom.

>"Shikieiki is... a cat...?!"
>Did Yukari do this okay WHAT THE HELL @_@

You figure it is, Komachi nods boredly. "Right, Right. Not Guilty, Ectera. Snacks are in the room over there. Thanks to the Tengu Especially for all the help. Couldn't of done this without you. Oh, and stay behind first Chen. Need to discuss things with you."

Wait what. Is everyone just calmly strolling out for snacks after all tha-

You begin foaming at the mouth.

> Giant sigh of relief.
> High five Chen.

You'd love to, but you can't High-five yourself! You make do and split, giving your kitty half a high-five.

You are CHEN YAKUMO.

You're kind of confused.

WRIGGLE NIGHTBUG appears to be in a frothing fit and is in the middle of being dragged out by Mokou and Suika.

>Your inventory contains:
>Reisen's Old Clothing [Worn]
You're not sure how long Tewi had this hidden, but its not dirty or anything. It's Reisen's classic look.
>Familiar Pentagram [THE ROC]
A pentagram used to contain familiars, while it seems cruel, its actually the equivalent of a 5 star hotel in there.
>Familiar Onyx [YUMIGAMI]
An Onyx cut into a carrot shape, you're not sure how it is in there, but you're sure it must be perfectly comfortable.
>Frog Pin [Worn] [BROKEN]
A slightly Soggy Pin that Sanae treasured.
>SPACE Cape [Worn] [Unremovable]
Its a cape that appears to have space on the inside
>Broken Sword
Half a sword Meira used.
>Nyamune [Using]
Your trusty sword, it is a lot heavier than most other swords around here.
>Length Band
A band that goes to any length, so long as you can reach it.
>Red-Glass Mirror
A mirror completely turned red. It's not a good reflection for color, but good for just reflecting. Its handle is made of red-glass, hence the name.
>Silver Knives [Pair]
A pair of Silver Knives that Sakuya once used, besides the fact silver is a material well-known for its ability to conduct and counter magic, you think there isn't much magic in these anymore.
>Red Strip of Cloth [Important?]
A strip of Red cloth that Mackette's contract used to be in, you feel like you've seen it before...
>Knife Hilt [SEPERATION]
The knife hilt that used to house Seperation's blade, you can use it to call Seperation to your aid.
>Familiar Orb [MACKETTE]
A small crystalline orb, you're not sure if it is a proper container for a contract, but it seems to work well.
>Familiar Sculpture [RYUDAN]
A jade carving of a scale, You figure this one has to be a fancy palace inside, fit for a dragon.

>Your current Quests are:

>A Shiny New Miko
You think the Hakurei Shrine could use a new shrine maiden. You may want to have her be shiny or not, though. You've reclaimed the Hakurei Shrine, too. You've talked about getting a Human from the village to be the shrine maiden.

>The Oni Blues
Suika is in a bit of a funk, Yuugi wants you to help her out of it. You talked to her about fixing what SHE messed up. She seems to atleast be drinking.

>Pit to Negative Infinity
The vertical tunnel Parsee used to guard has gone oddly endless. You're not sure why this is...

>Axe Crazy Marisa
Marisa is currently very very mad with you. In fact, She wants you dead. You probably should fix this. You think this may have something to do with the fact you killed Reimu.

>A Faithful Friend
You owe Sanae a lot right now, you need to get her some faith. You've set up for her to occupy the Hakurei Shrine, eventually.

>Keine is a Bitch
Just throwing that out there.

>Green Parasites don't taste too good
There are some very odd curses flying around here. You've got one captured, and are having Patchy and Hina look into it.

>Everybody loves Flan
You've promised to find an umbrella or something related so Flandre can head out with you.

>Potted Yuka
Yuka is a sunflower. This is kind of dentrimental to your plans. You're having Patchouli take a look at her.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
>Resolve to get Wriggle a present.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2010, 12:23:12 AM »
> Twitch.
> "WHAT.  JUST.  HAPPENED."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #327 on: February 16, 2010, 12:24:38 AM »
>Yes, Kasu, that is what we're all thinking right now.

>Red Strip of Cloth [Important?]
A strip of Red cloth that Mackette's contract used to be in, you feel like you've seen it before...
>I wonder if this used to be part of Reimu's clothes.
>Keine is a Bitch
Just throwing that out there.
>How is this even a quest D:

>"What do you need to discuss with me, Komachi?"

Chaore

« Reply #328 on: February 16, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »
>Resolve to get Wriggle a present.

You're going to have to.

> Twitch.
> "WHAT.  JUST.  HAPPENED."

You then let the moment stop sinking in.

Komachi yawns. "Oh. Nothing too much. Just the typical fan fare for- Oh, Yeah, I guess we didn't tell you this wasn't real."

You wonder if killing Komachi would be too much of a crime, given Eiki is alive.

>How is this even a quest D:

>"What do you need to discuss with me, Komachi?"

Because Keine is a bitch.

"Weeelp. See, The Eiki is kind of a kitten right here. Head Yama was drunk, got mad at her, boom kitten yama. Problem is he is a damn curse genius when drunk, and terrible with them when sober."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #329 on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »
>"...WE JUST WENT THROUGH ALL THAT AS AN EXCUSE TO ASK ME FOR HELP?!"
>Death Glare
>...ANYWAY, Hina could probably remove that curse."