Author Topic: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition  (Read 154747 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Chen's Day Out - Wriggle Justice Edition
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »
> We really should be getting Mokou on the stand and ask her about the burn that is on Suika. Something must have happened between the two of them. Perhaps something that occurred after the fight with marisa.

>Brilliant idea. Suika was talking with Mokou when we left her.
>If Lunasa has no questions, lets call Mokou to the stand now!

>Also, the burn mark that is on suika could probably be explained if mokou was to grab suika's arm to try and stop her from going after Meria (Or whatever her name is) after she disgraced Reimu's shrine! Also, the "white cape" could just be Mokou's hair as she began to chase after suika! After all with how long and white Mokou's hair is it would be very easy to confuse the two.

> This voice is going to have to leave so you other voices better save chen.

Lunasa is pretty much just smuggly waiting.

You call Fujiwara no Mokou to the stand. You ask her about what happened with Suika.

"Well, Nothing really. I convinced her to leave Chen be for this, then you and me started fighting. After that, I just sat around the shrine while you went into the Forest of Magic after Chen."

>Yeah, Kogasa certainly wouldn't mistake Mokou for Chen. Plus, we hardly even know who's lying and who isn't anymore. The idea of the burn coming from Mokou though, that's a good one.

Damn shame it didn't turn out. Komachi yawns and glances at you.

"I'm about ready to make my verdict, Miss Nightbug. You've got a few moments for any last objections or testimonies."

You're... completely out of ammo at this point, aren't you?

Lunasa begins her AIR VIOLIN solo, as you're left only to bury your face in your hands an- Oww!

"The hell are you doing, Bug! You've got the case right in front of you! Look for once ya damn firefly!"

Oh god no. Please. No.

You slowly glance to your side in horror.

It appears someone left a pot with a sun flower on the Defense Aid's desk.

WHY. Do the god's hate you so?!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2010, 08:31:35 PM »
>Maybe they don't hate us.
>"Just a give me a minute!"
>Dash over to Ms.Sunflower Yuka and have her whisper it in our ear
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »
> Stare dumbly at Yuka.
> Call Yuka to the stand?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Chaore

« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2010, 08:37:59 PM »
>Maybe they don't hate us.
>"Just a give me a minute!"
>Dash over to Ms.Sunflower Yuka and have her whisper it in our ear

You get a headbutt for that, damnit, she doesn't even have muscles anymore!

"Oh come on Nightbug, stop wiggling around! And calm down a bit, I'm annoyed you thought I was dead."

You'd protest, but she is right. Damnit, can't even the one person who should've died died?

> Stare dumbly at Yuka.
> Call Yuka to the stand?

You instead opt to stare at Yuka.

"What are you- NO! That isn't the answer you dumb bug. Close though. Off by an entire person what are you an IDIOT."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:12 PM »
>To Komachi. "I've yet to declare my case, your honor. For instance, we have yet to determine exactly how Chen could engage in a bloody, violent, close quarters murder, without staining her suit; as Suika confirmed. I apologize for the time being taken, but I was not given any time to prepare and have to establish things as I go."

>_

Chaore

« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »
>To Komachi. "I've yet to declare my case, your honor. For instance, we have yet to determine exactly how Chen could engage in a bloody, violent, close quarters murder, without staining her suit; as Suika confirmed. I apologize for the time being taken, but I was not given any time to prepare and have to establish things as I go."

Komachi sighs. "Very well, Continue... Wake me when you've got something." She then begins napping on her podium.

You're not sure if this is a good thing.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »
> Deep breaths.  We need to stay calm for this.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »
>When in doubt, make them do the work for you.
>"What is your explanation for that, Lunasa?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2010, 08:44:08 PM »
>To Yuka, "I... I don't know who to call anymore! You couldn't POSSIBLY mean Yukari, right? Right?! Because I'm not even sure if saving Chen would be worth it then. I've called everyone related to this that I can think of who isn't named Marisa, because we're trying to SAVE Chen and that wouldn't go over well at all..."
>And say it quietly so Lunasa won't be eavesdropping.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

« Reply #279 on: February 15, 2010, 08:47:38 PM »
> Deep breaths.  We need to stay calm for this.

You pull yourself together. Deep breaths.

"Oh! Good. You're not going hysterical. Your brain on yet?"

You can kill her later. For good this time.

>When in doubt, make them do the work for you.
>"What is your explanation for that, Lunasa?"

"Good placement to avoid blood stains, magic coating to keep blood off. Take your pick. At this point, you've far worse to worry about."

>To Yuka, "I... I don't know who to call anymore! You couldn't POSSIBLY mean Yukari, right? Right?! Because I'm not even sure if saving Chen would be worth it then. I've called everyone related to this that I can think of who isn't named Marisa, because we're trying to SAVE Chen and that wouldn't go over well at all..."
>And say it quietly so Lunasa won't be eavesdropping.

"Well yeah. But wake the hell up Nightbug.

Lets play a game of questions. When was the only time Suika was away from you, Mokou, or Chen."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #280 on: February 15, 2010, 08:51:42 PM »
> "When she went back to the Tengu Village during the Marisa fight?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: February 15, 2010, 08:52:20 PM »
>To Lunasa, when we have a moment: "Very well, what evidence do you have she was positioned in such in manner, especially given Suika described her as running in and more or less acting on instinct rather that premeditation. That doesn't suggest she took the time to get into such intricate positions at all. As for magic, by all means, prove that she had it. Given that she was a dirty mess when I first saw her, and stayed that way for quite some time. Because, quite frankly, there's no way she did this otherwise. Certainly Meira doesn't have invisible blood."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #282 on: February 15, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »
>"And when she went back to the Tengu Village, well, they said she didn't get back for an awful long time... so she could have done it. But we have no evidence she did the murder and not Chen, because there is no witnesses for Chen's location at that time either."

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #283 on: February 15, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
> Suika was also hardly mentioned on our way back from the SDM to the Hakurei Shrine. I've checked. Perhaps we lost sight of her just before we reached the Hakurei Shrine? (Only Wriggle and Mokou were there arguing.)

Chaore

« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »
> "When she went back to the Tengu Village during the Marisa fight?"

"Bah, Close enough. Really more when she slipped you and Mokou when you ran at eachother like hot heads.

Therefore, the crime had to have happened at that time.

Now, what does Chen have to be doing at that time, then?"

>To Lunasa, when we have a moment: "Very well, what evidence do you have she was positioned in such in manner, especially given Suika described her as running in and more or less acting on instinct rather that premeditation. That doesn't suggest she took the time to get into such intricate positions at all. As for magic, by all means, prove that she had it. Given that she was a dirty mess when I first saw her, and stayed that way for quite some time. Because, quite frankly, there's no way she did this otherwise. Certainly Meira doesn't have invisible blood."

"So then, what do you think the witnesses 'actually' saw, and how can you prove this?"

>"And when she went back to the Tengu Village, well, they said she didn't get back for an awful long time... so she could have done it. But we have no evidence she did the murder and not Chen, because there is no witnesses for Chen's location at that time either."

"Well yeah, We can't directly prove it. Its a pain. She'll probably get off scot free, so we need to prove she COULDN'T be there, under no circumstances."

> Suika was also hardly mentioned on our way back from the SDM to the Hakurei Shrine. I've checked. Perhaps we lost sight of her just before we reached the Hakurei Shrine? (Only Wriggle and Mokou were there arguing.)

You saw her come to the shrine, though...

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2010, 09:05:23 PM »
> "Well, we saw Chen fly away with Roc into the Magic Forest, while Suika dissapeared. I couldn't see her following Chen and Roc however"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
>Once a moment is open: "You're avoiding the question, Lunasa. Establish how Chen was able to kill this person in a messy brutal manner and stay clean. Otherwise, she could not have done it."

Chaore

« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »
> "Well, we saw Chen fly away with Roc into the Magic Forest, while Suika dissapeared. I couldn't see her following Chen and Roc however"

"Which meannnnsss?"

>Once a moment is open: "You're avoiding the question, Lunasa. Establish how Chen was able to kill this person in a messy brutal manner and stay clean. Otherwise, she could not have done it."

"Miss Nightbug. There is a witness to the killing, and someone who verifies she was there. Are you SERIOUSLY relying on something like this to clear your client? Killing someone and not getting bloody is not impossible, even in this manner. I can not see the Yama in good conscience accepting this over the evidence FOR her doing this."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »
> "The witnesses actually saw Chen on her way to fight Marisa, but Suika took a round-about way through the forest and killed off Meira to make it look like Chen did it?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:32:24 PM by Kasu »

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
> "Suika headed back to Tengu Village, but along the way found a Chen imposter? Thinking it was Chen she accompanied her, until they found Meira and this fake Chen subdued her. This fake Chen dissapeared later, only for the real Chen to pop up again?"

Chaore

« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
> "The witnesses actually saw Chen on her way to fight Marisa, but Suika took a round-about way through the forest and killed off Meira to make it look like Chen did it?"

> "Suika headed back to Tengu Village, but along the way found a Chen imposter? Thinking it was Chen she accompanied her, until they found Meira and this fake Chen subdued her. This fake Chen dissapeared later, only for the real Chen to pop up again?"

"Argh! No, No, No! Stop theorizing. Look at it plainly, or you can't see what you need.

Where does Chen HAVE to be, if the murder happened after she left for the forest of magic, and what must she be doing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2010, 09:31:53 PM »
>Need more time~
>Again, with a moment free. "Yes. It is impossible. There is no way for Chen for have physically attacked her in such a manner, severed multiple limbs, and not gotten blood on herself. Especially given that Suika testified that Chen was not in her right mind, and terribly shocked by what followed. She could not have planned it. You've suggested magic. Very well, establish that she had such magic. You claim she dodged? Alright, analyze the footprints on the site and prove that she did. We still have Aya's pictures, do we not? You're making a positive claim, the burden of proof falls upon your shoulders, Lunasa. Prove that she was the one who killed Meira, in spite of remaining clean."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »
>I think you're trying too hard for the "BUT SHE'S CLEAN" approach. Besides, Yuka is giving us hints in a different direction.
>"Well... Chen would be fighting Marisa, right? That doesn't match up with Sanae's affidavit, though... unless we can prove she couldn't have left, murdered Meira, and still have been able to go fight Marisa at the time we know she did."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #293 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
> "But Yuuka, oni's don't lie. Even if Chen couldn't be there, Suika said she was. Either there are two Chens or Suika is the bastard child of a oni and a human."

Edit:
> *lightbulb*
> "Maybe the Chen Suika found was indeed the real Chen, but she just happened to be there, trying to prepare for the Marisa battle or something, hyperventilating or comforting herself. But the murderer was someone else, who murdered Meira while Suika was searching for Chen, giving the illusion Chen killed Meira!"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 09:45:29 PM by OkashiiNaito »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #294 on: February 15, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »
>I think you're trying too hard for the "BUT SHE'S CLEAN" approach. Besides, Yuka is giving us hints in a different direction.

Every port in a storm. And it's an important point. Can't have bloody murder without a bloody mess.

Chaore

« Reply #295 on: February 15, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
>Need more time~
>Again, with a moment free. "Yes. It is impossible. There is no way for Chen for have physically attacked her in such a manner, severed multiple limbs, and not gotten blood on herself. Especially given that Suika testified that Chen was not in her right mind, and terribly shocked by what followed. She could not have planned it. You've suggested magic. Very well, establish that she had such magic. You claim she dodged? Alright, analyze the footprints on the site and prove that she did. We still have Aya's pictures, do we not? You're making a positive claim, the burden of proof falls upon your shoulders, Lunasa. Prove that she was the one who killed Meira, in spite of remaining clean."

"Everything you said applies to you as well, and it doesn't seem you have ANYTHING for her innocence now. You will not be able to make this work, you can talk till you are blue. In the end, it isn't my call, sure, but you heard the Yama."

>"Well... Chen would be fighting Marisa, right? That doesn't match up with Sanae's affidavit, though... unless we can prove she couldn't have left, murdered Meira, and still have been able to go fight Marisa at the time we know she did."

"Now you're thinking. Now, HOW does one waste an amount of time in that forest without getting where they want?"

> "But Yuuka, oni's don't lie. Even if Chen couldn't be there, Suika said she was. Either there are two Chens or Suika is the bastard child of a oni and a human."

Edit:
> *lightbulb*
> "Maybe the Chen Suika found was indeed the real Chen, but she just happened to be there, trying to prepare for the Marisa battle or something, hyperventilating or comforting herself. But the murderer was someone else, who murdered Meira while Suika was searching for Chen, giving the illusion Chen killed Meira!"

"Stereotypes suck. Oni are perfectly capable of lying, they just tend to suck like hell because they're drunk all the time. So they go for honesty to save themselves some trouble, its become a bit of a pride among them, sure, but its still a stereotype.

Also. No. You're an idiot."

OkashiiKisei

« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
> "It would've been convenient if I KNEW THAT EARLIER! But yeah, Suika hasn't touched sake for quite a while. She is more than sober enough to make lies. So know we can establish that Chen couldn't have been with Suika because she was heading for the other direction AND was fighting Marisa at the time. But I'm not sure if tghis is enoygh to convience everyone that Suika lied and that Chen is innocent."
> "But if about everyone lied up till know, does this mean everyone except you and me hates Chen's guts? Despite she already fixed so much?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #297 on: February 15, 2010, 10:03:26 PM »
>"Heck, if everyone is lying to make Chen guilty, that even suggests Komachi isn't using the Yama Mirror because she wants Chen to lose even if she ISN'T guilty..."
>Make sure to that quiet enough that there isn't a chance anyone other then Yuka can hear it. The LAST thing we need is for anyone else to hear that.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
>Really need some more time.
>To Lunasa again: "How does it apply to me? I'm not claiming a physically impossible murder. I've not claimed anything at all, lately, save that it could not be Chen for the reasons I've laid down. If you want to establish it was her, prove it. All you have is some circumstantial and incomplete testimony saying she may have been there at the time. You have no evidence whatsoever that she is the one who actually did it. Again, prove to us that Chen did it in defiance of having no signs of the murder about her. You are claiming a thing is true. Establish it. Otherwise, all you can say is maybe it was her if she could find a way to stay clean despite a million to one odds. Prove those odds were filled. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time."

Chaore

« Reply #299 on: February 15, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »
> "It would've been convenient if I KNEW THAT EARLIER! But yeah, Suika hasn't touched sake for quite a while. She is more than sober enough to make lies. So know we can establish that Chen couldn't have been with Suika because she was heading for the other direction AND was fighting Marisa at the time. But I'm not sure if this is enough to convince everyone that Suika lied and that Chen is innocent."
> "But if about everyone lied up till know, does this mean everyone except you and me hates Chen's guts? Despite she already fixed so much?"

"Well yeah, I can't blame you, I'm a few centuries old while you're some upstart. You'd have to be some librarian or an oni yourself to know.

And of course not you idiot. You need to prove Chen was where she was and when. Now. How have you gotten times so far.

And not everyone lied, I suspect the karakasa probably got wrapped up in the idea she could testify about the murderer and made some things up. The bird is probably telling the truth, except Suika tricked her.

Suika has to be lying, so yeah, she probably has a grudge."

>"Heck, if everyone is lying to make Chen guilty, that even suggests Komachi isn't using the Yama Mirror because she wants Chen to lose even if she ISN'T guilty..."
>Make sure to that quiet enough that there isn't a chance anyone other then Yuka can hear it. The LAST thing we need is for anyone else to hear that.

"Well it'd defeat the point of a trial if she DID use the mirror. Though that is a damn well other matter."

>Really need some more time.
>To Lunasa again: "How does it apply to me? I'm not claiming a physically impossible murder. I've not claimed anything at all, lately, save that it could not be Chen for the reasons I've laid down. If you want to establish it was her, prove it. All you have is some circumstantial and incomplete testimony saying she may have been there at the time. You have no evidence whatsoever that she is the one who actually did it. Again, prove to us that Chen did it in defiance of having no signs of the murder about her. You are claiming a thing is true. Establish it. Otherwise, all you can say is maybe it was her if she could find a way to stay clean despite a million to one odds. Prove those odds were filled. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time."

"You're throwing words around to make yourself look good, and frankly you're just stalling."

Lunasa slams her desk. "Are you done YET, Miss Nightbug? You are wasting time, and if any of your points matter we'll find out soon when you go grumbling off."