Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208787 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Fate/CCCrand Order - Round 3
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2019, 02:15:11 AM »
NP2Lip wot wot
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fate/CCCrand Order - Round 3
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2019, 04:10:46 AM »
I got a second Passionlip (from a ticket, for what it's worth). Is there a reason not to use her to upgrade the first one? Does owning two of the same servant matter?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Re: Fate/CCCase Files Order - Round 3
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2019, 04:28:59 AM »
Nope, you're all good to go ahead and upgrade the first one, that's the best thing you can do with it. Since you're not allowed to place the same servant into multiple slots in your party setup, the only thing you can do while keeping two of the same servant is equip them to multiple slots in your friend support list, which... is really not a useful thing to do anyways, but it still exists.

-----

Edit: In other news, ultra-level hyped for the Case Files collab
Spoiler:
even though I don't play the JP server and have to wait lol, 2 years can't come fast enough
I'll try to update the OP with the banner/wiki links tonight'ish if I can find the appropriate info

Edit: Updated. i can't come up with a more witty title for the ongoing events than CCCase Files, plz understand
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 06:50:53 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »
Edit: Updated. i can't come up with a more witty title for the ongoing events than CCCase Files, plz understand

It's totally fine.

The new Psuedo-Servants are... a thing. The new Ruler's art is... well, it's a bit strange even for some of the stranger Servants we've had. (Also apparently now we have equal amounts of Avengers and Rulers now?)
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2019, 06:57:16 AM »
Just got spooked by Arjuna with a Ticket.  Yay!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2019, 07:23:18 AM »
And that makes three for three on Alter Egos... and now I don't have any more Embers to get BB up to speed. Shit.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2019, 08:18:48 AM »
And that makes three for three on Alter Egos... and now I don't have any more Embers to get BB up to speed. Shit.
I had to use nearly all my 4* embers to get her to L60.  If it weren't for some fortunate Super Successes and stockpiling up a little bit before hand, I would have needed to buy some from Da Vinci-chan.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:21:09 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2019, 08:41:52 AM »
I had to use nearly all my 4* embers to get her to L60.  If it weren't for some fortunate Super Successes and stockpiling up a little bit before hand, I would have needed to buy some from Da Vinci-chan.
Yeah, about that... I've already expended Da Vinci's stock (to get Melt to a reasonable level to down III/R), so I'm going to have to spend some time Ember Gathering with non-ideal Embers for her.

Well, at least I have a ton of apples to burn.

Move eternally forward,

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2019, 08:29:28 AM »
NA: Augh, my BB Map tickets have failed me on Banner 1. Melt won me over early in the story and her tsun and nobleness just increased more and more by the end. I want her (or any of the other Banner 1 servants), but I don't want to spend money until after Anniversary and need to save my 30 paid quartz for that. At least I know what my quartz plans are up until then (Onigashima and Summer 1 Banner 1 attempts).

I did 0 KP Kiara, using Nero Bride with an MLB Iron Will Training, Merlin with Prisma Cosmos, and a support Tamamo. Took 85 turns and 2 HP Command Seals, once in the middle of the 2nd phase, and once when I broke the 2nd break bar at a bad time. It was novel, but I won't try that again as that took almost 2 hours to do.

JP: While people say that Merlin/Musashi/King Hassan is the first gauntlet of servants and Abby/Ereshkigal/Hokusai is the second, I want to say KingProtea/Kama/Reines (with favorites like Kiara, MHXA, and Okitan in between) is almost up to that level. These 3 servants boast some of the most unique kits of all the servants: KP has a neat stacking HP buff that you can trade into NP gauge or damage, Kama is an especially strong Assassin with the first real counter to Alteregos, and Reines is a balanced yet strong Support Rider with a special ability to negate class disadvantage, a godsend to Berserker teammates. And all 3 hit the right character traits for me. I managed to get KP, but couldn't get Kama and currently have no Reines. Got spooked by Jack, but can't complain because Jack is almost always a worthy spook.

Case Files music is outstanding, story is pretty good so far, but I slacked on the missions and am trying to figure out what to complete in order to join the loot pinata raid. Barbatos bulli is now a canon event.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »
I know the original event's released before UBW Abridged, but Actually SatanEmiya saying "I want that" regarding Edgemya's dual guns just reminds me of Shirou's running gag from it :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2019, 04:02:09 AM »
I'm bummed I won't get a chance to get BB, her animations are really fun. Does FGO ever do event reruns that give out old event rewards?

Meanwhile, I finished London and spent the better part of a week grinding before I could even start North America. Ugh.

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2019, 04:12:20 AM »
They do rerun events, usually around the same time next year or the year after. But so far each event has been rerun only once, so we don't know yet if there will be another way to obtain welfares that have already passed twice.

For BB, it will take a while for the rerun to come back around, but you will have another chance to get her. I think the only ones gone forever as of now (in NA) are Santa Artoria Alter, Halloween Elizabeth (Caster), and Nobunaga.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2019, 06:53:29 AM »
They do rerun events, usually around the same time next year or the year after. But so far each event has been rerun only once, so we don't know yet if there will be another way to obtain welfares that have already passed twice.

For BB, it will take a while for the rerun to come back around, but you will have another chance to get her. I think the only ones gone forever as of now (in NA) are Santa Artoria Alter, Halloween Elizabeth (Caster), and Nobunaga.
BB won't be back until somewhere around February 2021 assuming no major changes to the schedule.
Your next chance for a BB will be in mid to late August 2020.  Stock up on the SQ, though, this one is a 5* in the Event Gacha, not a welfare servant.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2019, 01:17:04 PM »
Cheesed Shiki with the usual Mash/Herc/Support Merlin setup, then Void Shiki told Merlin to fuck off with an instakill, but then Iri saves the day with her team guts NP letting me survive after her second NP. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2019, 06:51:33 PM »
Okay, so what's the real critical hit formula? It's a documented fact that the percentages in many Fire Emblem games are a stone-cold lie and the real rates are calculable if you know how the secret rates work. I just can't believe that the given critical hit rates in FGO are real, critical hits for player characters are far too rare.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2019, 06:10:15 AM »
Cheesed Shiki with the usual Mash/Herc/Support Merlin setup, then Void Shiki told Merlin to fuck off with an instakill, but then Iri saves the day with her team guts NP letting me survive after her second NP. :V
I used a frontline of Illya/BB/Merlin and a backline of Chloe/Ishtar/Mash.  BB to scrub away NP down and cheesed away w/ Illya.  Then Void Shiki took out Merlin, which lets Chloe to start cheesing away.
And then she ignores Invincible and team-kills me.  However Ishtar/Mash was enough to finish her off.

Nursery Rhyme's node has been my farming spot.  Single classed enemies and seemingly frequent drops of Foreign God Hearts.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:16:15 AM by Aya Reiko »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2019, 08:31:30 AM »
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I used Atlas Academy Uniform to clear NP debuff on Herc.

Anyway, while the event's still going I'm just gonna grind chains on Smart Liver. Gramps needs dem chains for...something, I dunno. :V

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »
I've been grinding the Slipped Knee with a setup that, after the properly chosen Guest Servant, has Sakura-types up 120% and Sakura Chips +11. I've never been prouder of my Lv. 60 Li Shuwen and his ability to just keep chugging along as the only Lancer in the face of an Archer swarm.

Might consider switching to Smart Liver later, though, Enkidu needs chains. x(

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2019, 10:21:15 AM »
I'm just farming Sakurament on the Weakness Ear, thanks to all the Alter Egos giving me a bunch of extra. While I have most of the shop cleared out (just the Pieces/Monuments and a few mats I have nearly a hundred each of), anyway. I haven't looked into the node-specific drops, mostly because I've also been farming EXP cards like a madman to get the Alter Egos to Third or Fourth Ascension. Haven't gone Hard or Lunatic III-R, or did much against MONSTER (because damn, the ID chance is nuking my tanks left and right).

I've been grinding the Slipped Knee with a setup that, after the properly chosen Guest Servant, has Sakura-types up 120% and Sakura Chips +11. I've never been prouder of my Lv. 60 Li Shuwen and his ability to just keep chugging along as the only Lancer in the face of an Archer swarm.

Might consider switching to Smart Liver later, though, Enkidu needs chains. x(
(I kind of hate to break it to you, but Extra Enemy % CEs cap at 100%; while you can stack The Cage and either of the other two Gacha CEs to potentially get triple Type I enemies in a node, no such thing exists for Sakuras.)

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
If all else fails against Shiki, pack at least one taunter with Necromancy and hope your luck saves the day.

...But then again, your luck seems to be the problem here, so... ?\_(ツ)_/?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2019, 11:05:55 PM »
(I kind of hate to break it to you, but Extra Enemy % CEs cap at 100%; while you can stack The Cage and either of the other two Gacha CEs to potentially get triple Type I enemies in a node, no such thing exists for Sakuras.)

Oh, I had figured. It's only 120% because the other options are 70% and 90%.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2019, 04:34:07 AM »
Alright, I finally got a five-star servant! With a ticket, for what it's worth. I got Enkidu. Not one of the ones I was hoping for, but it's something! What's Enkidu's deal, are they good?

Incidentally I got a Lil' Gilgamesh immediately after.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2019, 06:53:02 AM »
If all else fails against Shiki, pack at least one taunter with Necromancy and hope your luck saves the day.

...But then again, your luck seems to be the problem here, so... ?\_(ツ)_/?
That luck expires when the fight goes to Stage 2 and she switches her ST NP for a AoE one.

Finished emptying out the shop.  Unless there's a node with a better mat drop rate than usual, I'm done with the event and off to Ember and QP farm.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:56:01 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »
Better luck with my tanks eating MONSTER's NP without getting IDed made it much easier. Having Passionlip on the front half instead of Meltryllis helped a bunch, too, because Buster gorilla deck with Buster NP that restores party health.

Alright, I finally got a five-star servant! With a ticket, for what it's worth. I got Enkidu. Not one of the ones I was hoping for, but it's something! What's Enkidu's deal, are they good?

Incidentally I got a Lil' Gilgamesh immediately after.
People call it the SSR Cu, and that's because it's hard for enemies to deal lasting damage (though, like Cu, it has trouble actually dealing large amounts of damage). Its second skill dispels Evade, and its third skill heals 5k health at minimum, though its oppressive cooldown means you have to time it really well.

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2019, 11:02:43 AM »
That luck expires when the fight goes to Stage 2 and she switches her ST NP for a AoE one.
For the Void Shiki part, I assumed he already knew the deal and brought someone like David or even Merlin, and also Iri for good measure.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2019, 07:51:33 PM »
Ooh, every character in the banner starting tomorrow is something I want to different degrees. I won't have a ton ton of stones to spend on it but I'm definitely going to do pulls exclusively on that on the Ishtar days until it ends. Would love to get Gorgon or Lancer Medusa or something as well.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2019, 06:42:12 PM »
Did a final desperation 1-pull on the Kiara banner this morning and landed a non-Kiara 5-star. I'm thrilled to have her at all, but given the circumstances, poor Sanzang. :(
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2019, 04:31:12 AM »
Nine pulls including a ticket, seven duplicate 3* craft essences, a duplicate 4* craft essence, and a duplicate 3*. I have not been playing this game long enough to be getting 100% duplicates.  :wat:

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2019, 07:31:56 PM »
I'll probably use couple of tickets with the Arty or the Lucoa rate-up, but otherwise I'm saving for the Summer re-run.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2019, 03:10:18 AM »
Dear lord, I can't believe how many times the game made me fight Cu Alter in North America. It's what, like, six or seven times if you count the demon pillar fight? Also, the game really did him a disservice by not highlighting how cool his design is earlier. I didn't realize he was some kind of freaky xenomorph for a long time.

Edit: Goddamn, the first battle in Jerusalem kicked my ass. Massive difficulty spike and mandatory grinding, huh..?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:39:06 AM by commandercool »