Author Topic: Touhou Hall of Records  (Read 214690 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: Touhou Hall of Records
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2013, 11:08:41 PM »
No, but this run failed Kaguya's 3rd last spell instead, which cost even more points (extra 30m night bonus). I guess there was a larger improvement elsewhere in the run.

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:40 PM »
On top of that, a death in stage 5 and a bomb at Kaguya costs 20m because of lower bomb stock. Add that to the night bonus loss and the spell bonus loss and the run could be 6.6B.

Also, the recovery strat during Kaguya's Last Words was impressive. I don't think I knew you could squeeze a bomb in between the spells.

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »
Ouch that 3rd last spell cost a lot yeah.

Looked like a subpar cancel on the last bunch of fairies before Mystia (maybe a somewhat bad cancel on the first big fairy in stage 2 as well?) and a deathbomb to her killer non, otherwise the early stages seemed incredibly good, very good midboss Mystia grazing. Deathbomb on Keine's last non seemed intentional to get more graze. Looks like he handles Marisa's nons better now, he recall him getting cornered and bombing there quite often but I guess that might also be intentional lol!

Tewi dropping the extra life this time! Happiness!! Reisen fight was really impressive with the yolo grazing methods all over the place.

Seems like he got rather tricky lines of fairies in stage 6, totally handled it like a boss. Eirin got schooled hard and main Kaguya fight was also great!

Super impressive run, will probably watch it again sometime!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2013, 02:05:22 AM »
I also thought that the loss of the 3rd last spell must have hurt. the run went so well overall and then such a serious mistake on the last spells.

but the run was very impressive nontheless. amazing stuff all over the place. I didn't know you could graze mystia midboss spell like that, actually! (what, have I never seen another superplay before ?) so that was really mindblogging for me. and yeah, the deathbomb was definitely intentional. there is no way dashing into keine like that wasn't on purpose. at least I'd be surprised if it was a legit mistake. the death in stage 5 was really unfortunate, but mistakes like these happen, I guess. luckily it was right before tei, so he could get the lost life back.

he got 2 tricks lines in stage 6, but also a few really simple ones. it's hilarious how that made almost 1/6th of his score. 1b from that section alone.

bhuddist diamond capture was most impressive to me, I have to say. there were several situations where I'd have bombed the card. but he just continued and captured it must have been really nervewrecking for him, too. I will definitely watch it again sometime. that was just too good.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2013, 02:39:55 AM »
On top of that, a death in stage 5 and a bomb at Kaguya costs 20m because of lower bomb stock. Add that to the night bonus loss and the spell bonus loss and the run could be 6.6B.
Simply capturing Kaguya's 3rd last spell should be enough to bring it up to 6.65 billion. 60m night bonus + ~41m spell bonus + ~12m from time orbs (~1300 time orbs at 8230+1500 value) + 7.5m extra bomb is about 120m. (Spell bonus and time orb counts are from Alan's previous record.)

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Okay! That should be everything up to date. Sorry about my absence, I've had severe internet issues over the past few days.

As always, let me know if you see anything incorrect.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »
Playlist of each game's overall Lunatic and Extra world records.
Well, except the records that don't seem to have a replay (currently PCB/MoF Lunatic). For those I included the highest-scoring replay from Royalflare instead.

The idea is to provide videos that can be used for quick reference links (like this) to supergrazes and other scoring techniques, as well as allow people to more easily skip back while watching (e.g. to study the timing/movements, or find out how much a particular scoring trick is worth). And perhaps to show the world records to people who don't have a particular game, though I'm not sure who would care to watch.

If this gets enough interest, I'm thinking of also including the Easy records (I think Lunatic+Easy should be enough to show the majority of scoring strategies), and perhaps enough replays to show the rest of the stages (the other 5 GFW routes, IN 4A, IN 6A, PCB Extra), but probably not anytime soon. These took a while to record.
(Edit: And yes, there's also the issue of how many records I'd care to keep the videos updated for. Probably no more than 20-30 on my own, though I wouldn't mind keeping the playlist updated if there did happen to be some sort of collaboration.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:58:15 AM by Karisa »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:15 AM »
That looks surprisingly neat!

However, if you're planning to show all strategies, you should consider how in some of the games the playing is very different between some shottypes, take PCB or IN for example. Hence, if you were to upload videos to show all of the routes or strategies, you'd have to upload almost every WR for some games, which would be a terrible amount of work.

Also, given how the World Records are in constant change, keeping such playlist up to date would be a huge pain. Or at least, the amount of working hours needed for such... urgh.

It could work as a collaboration between several people, though. And it certainly is helpful even as how it's now.

-

Zil – 17
Heartbeam – 18
Oh, right, this caught my eye, Zil being higher, while having one less record (or maybe the numbers are wrong, I didn't bother checking) . Or possibly it's intentional, considering how the latter isn't technically a MotK member anymore, given the deleted account.

Not much of a big deal, though.

-

Oh, and if you include me on the list (You know my preference about it due to an earlier IRC rant - But I know very well that it's my own fault for posting to the scoreboards in the first place, and then keeping at it since I have a thing for this competitivity. Or maybe it's all about attention.), I'd prefer having the Seppo Hovi written apart, not altogether. (Seppo Hovi, not SeppoHovi. You can also use Vee, if it's easier to type.) You don't have to go out of your way to fix it, though, given how little thing it is (again). I just felt like pointing out everything that's on top of my head now that I'm posting.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:06:21 AM by Vee »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »
Oh, right, this caught my eye, Zil being higher, while having one less record (or maybe the numbers are wrong, I didn't bother checking) . Or possibly it's intentional, considering how the latter isn't technically a MotK member anymore, given the deleted account.

Not much of a big deal, though.

-

Oh, and if you include me on the list (You know my preference about it due to an earlier IRC rant - But I know very well that it's my own fault for posting to the scoreboards in the first place, and then keeping at it since I have a thing for this competitivity. Or maybe it's all about attention.), I'd prefer having the Seppo Hovi written apart, not altogether. (Seppo Hovi, not SeppoHovi. You can also use Vee, if it's easier to type.) You don't have to go out of your way to fix it, though, given how little thing it is (again). I just felt like pointing out everything that's on top of my head now that I'm posting.

Easily fixed! Thank you.

Playlist of each game's overall Lunatic and Extra world records.
Well, except the records that don't seem to have a replay (currently PCB/MoF Lunatic). For those I included the highest-scoring replay from Royalflare instead.

The idea is to provide videos that can be used for quick reference links (like this) to supergrazes and other scoring techniques, as well as allow people to more easily skip back while watching (e.g. to study the timing/movements, or find out how much a particular scoring trick is worth). And perhaps to show the world records to people who don't have a particular game, though I'm not sure who would care to watch.

If this gets enough interest, I'm thinking of also including the Easy records (I think Lunatic+Easy should be enough to show the majority of scoring strategies), and perhaps enough replays to show the rest of the stages (the other 5 GFW routes, IN 4A, IN 6A, PCB Extra), but probably not anytime soon. These took a while to record.
(Edit: And yes, there's also the issue of how many records I'd care to keep the videos updated for. Probably no more than 20-30 on my own, though I wouldn't mind keeping the playlist updated if there did happen to be some sort of collaboration.)

I'll see if I can incorporate these in some way! Thanks for taking the time to upload them.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2013, 02:51:15 PM »
@Vee: It's impractical to include all strategies (especially for games like PCB, where border routes can vary with every category). If someone is at the level where they're analyzing strategies of a certain character/difficulty combination, they'll probably want to watch more than one replay in that category anyway.  I'm hoping the videos can show a decent range of strategies though. For example, most supergrazes are pretty much the same with all characters.

As for collaborating to include additional videos, if anyone does feel like recording/uploading them, I'd be willing to organize the playlist(s) for that. There would need to be a few quality standards though, both with recording quality (for example, there shouldn't be noticeable recording-induced slowdown or skipping, and the video quality must be good enough to clearly show important details like the spell bonuses and point item value), and people making a commitment to upload any improvements of that category in the future, or at least label the video that it's no longer the current record.

@Shimatora: Not sure if including those videos would be a good idea, since it'd seem incomplete. Unless you include links to replays/videos for all the scores on the list, if available. I'd posted the videos here mainly because of the world record discussion that's been occurring in this thread.

Oh, and you might want to fix this (MS Hard):
MotK: Karisa ? 141,4762,240 (100%) ? Mima
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:54:07 PM by Karisa »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2013, 03:24:39 PM »
It'd be nice to have some direct links to the replays, but I'm not too sure at the moment. I'll think about it and see what others think too.

Fixed! Thanks again.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
MotK: ffff (mikeKOSA) ? 4,147,152,660 (81.1%) ? Youmu (solo)
This score should be with Reimu/Yukari, apparently. The replay is gone though.

The name could also simply be mikeKOSA, judging by this post (which was like right before he closed his account). That was the only score in the table that he submitted as ffff anyway.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:17:44 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
Welp, Shin does 3b with Reimu now.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 11:18:24 AM by Wriggle »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2013, 02:07:53 PM »

Zetzumarshen

« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
Hurrah, a non bugged replay!

All updated.
Extra:
World: .ASP ? 1,421,550,150 ? Reimu B
MotK: Heartbeam ? 1,374,889,790 (96.72%) ? Reimu B
:]

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
Derp, fixed!

chum

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »
GFW

CLR - 115,042,510 - Route A-2

http://score.royalflare.net/th128/replay128/th128_ud05f2.rpy

Pissed myself in joy watching this

Now this category is scary

Zil

« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2013, 06:53:45 AM »
I liked having my PoDD score higher than the GFW record. I'll have to remedy this. As soon as the game decides to work again. ;_;

Also, I think I should still be at 17, assuming the only thing that's changed for me is gaining PoFV Lunatic and losing GFW Extra. Not that I've counted everything up, but yeah.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »
If I counted correctly, both Zil and Heartbeam should be at 17 now.

Also, I believe this is still relevant.
(I have a tendency to start sentences in this thread with "Also", don't I? Not sure why.)

Anyway, I've updated the world record playlist to include a video of this latest GFW record. I wonder how long I'll keep that playlist updated...

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Thanks again! Everything should be fixed.

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
GFW - Normal

がそりん - 69,164,890 - Route A-2

http://score.royalflare.net/th128/replay128/th128_ud05f3.rpy

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
GFW - Normal

がそりん - 69,164,890 - Route A-2

http://score.royalflare.net/th128/replay128/th128_ud05f3.rpy

I'll get around to adding new scores in a few days time, I prefer to do them in bulk.

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
I might as well mention a few recently posted scores that I noticed were higher than what's on the list.

UFO Normal - chum - 1,555,741,200 - SanaeB
PoDD Hard - Zil - 82,125,270 - Chiyuri
PoFV Normal - Zil - 310,957,740 - Eiki
PoFV Extra - Zil - 164,796,780 - Eiki
(+1 chum, -1 Heartbeam, Zil unchanged)

Can anyone tell me what determines the PoFV characters' scoring potential, by the way? I noticed Eiki seems to have higher scores than everyone else, but why is that? Stage 9 Reimu? Or is Zil just better at scoring with Eiki?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 01:41:51 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »
I think the most important is probably to not kill the AI early. Shiki can pretty much only hit with the laser from her boss attack, so after the 100k/300k/500k boss attacks you can practically forever without hitting the opponent, as long as you don't get hit or drop bonus. Zil survived for 7 minutes vs first round Reimu.

I think Reisen is generally considered the best, or at least really good. Never hits the AI, creates slow, cancelable bullets to reflect, and her lvl1 attack has a nice area hit. Speaking of which, I was trying Extra with Reisen yesterday and I think I've found a simple-yet-effective way to beat the "world record". But I'll have to manage to no-death it first.

Oh, and you forgot the MoF extra score was also improved :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 02:54:23 PM by Star King »

Zil

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
May as well mention I did these last night.

Hard - Eiki
Zil - 293,565,890

Lunatic - Eiki
Zil - 328,532,130

Yeah, in general, it's advantageous if the character's level 2 spell creates tons of slow bullets, and also has no chance of hitting the AI early. Eiki has the added bonus of fighting Reimu in stage 9 instead of herself, so you can easily last a very long time. Reisen's probably a bit better on her own, but I think the extent to which Reimu is a better opponent than Eiki makes Eiki better for scoring outside of Extra and Easy mode.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2013, 03:43:39 PM »
I might as well mention a few recently posted scores that I noticed were higher than what's on the list.

UFO Normal - chum - 1,555,741,200 - SanaeB
PoDD Hard - Zil - 82,125,270 - Chiyuri
PoFV Normal - Zil - 310,957,740 - Eiki
PoFV Extra - Zil - 164,796,780 - Eiki
(+1 chum, -1 Heartbeam, Zil unchanged)

May as well mention I did these last night.

Hard - Eiki
Zil - 293,565,890

Lunatic - Eiki
Zil - 328,532,130

I appreciate the help but I will get around to updating the new scores soon - I've recently been organising a tournament and catching up with college work so I'll get around to updating the new scores soon. All the scores posted where added after I last updated them, I have not missed them.

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2013, 06:34:12 PM »
Yeah, in general, it's advantageous if the character's level 2 spell creates tons of slow bullets, and also has no chance of hitting the AI early. Eiki has the added bonus of fighting Reimu in stage 9 instead of herself, so you can easily last a very long time. Reisen's probably a bit better on her own, but I think the extent to which Reimu is a better opponent than Eiki makes Eiki better for scoring outside of Extra and Easy mode.

Why is Reimu so much better for score? Is she just easier to survive a long time against?

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »
I believe it's since her spell attacks spawn lots of reflectable bullets. I could be wrong, though.

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
Yeah, Reimu fights get to bonus very quickly... maybe it's the level-two attacks, but Eiki's level-twos also have a bunch of cancellable bullets, so I don't know who has the edge there (maybe Reimu slightly with her boss attacks?).  But I think he was getting at the fact that Reimu's easier.  Or at least that's what I'd say.  AI Reimu basically never ripple-fires level-two attacks, whereas AI Eiki still heaps on the ex-attacks (especially at bonus).  I'd much rather deal with streaming and orbs than hot-dog chaos.
Seven minutes, though... damn.

Reisen's probably a bit better on her own, but I think the extent to which Reimu is a better opponent than Eiki makes Eiki better for scoring outside of Extra and Easy mode.
Hadn't thought about that before.  That's huge; thanks for explaining this.  I always thought that Reisen had the edge and that her potential hadn't been fully realized, but those Eiki scores make a lot more sense now (at least when you don't get unlucky with Eiki-laser!).
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through