Author Topic: Touhou Replay Showcase  (Read 60890 times)

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
Re: Touhou Replay Showcase
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 09:05:36 PM »
Submitted a NB run, let's see if it gets featured sometime in October (or earlier)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 10:48:36 PM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 10:57:14 PM »
That was great fun -- thanks to everyone for organising and commentating!

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 11:07:43 PM »
Thanks to everyone joining! Not only did we manage to get through all the replays successfully (albeit a few technical difficulties), we even had guest player Deplore join in with his very recently obtained 600m EoSD Lunatic with ReimuB, which was a surprise! I'm very pleased with how the stream turned out, since our commentary is done entirely impromptu (with a general idea of how the replays are like). Stream delay didn't help very much either.

As of now, you are still free to submit future runs but keep in mind we have over 40 other runs in our backlog (and counting!), so it might not be until a few weeks until your replay will be shown. I apologize for the inconvenience, but even with just 11 replays with parts of them fast-forwarded, the stream lasted nearly 4 hours, longer than my estimated time.

I'll make future updates as I go along! As always, the next week's replays will be posted moments before the stream starts. This week's replays will be posted on a log which will be consistently updated.

:3

EDIT: HIGHLIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CHANNEL PROFILE! For anyone who missed it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:51:37 AM by Satorical Komeijist »
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2016, 03:22:16 AM »
Hi, regarding my submitted IN run, I need to add that it's a Route B run, forgot to specify earlier.

Haven't had time to watch the stream yet, will do so later. Can I just say in advance, thank you and your team for taking the time and effort to show all these great replays! I really appreciate all your hard work in presenting this showcase.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 03:40:07 AM »
Hi, regarding my submitted IN run, I need to add that it's a Route B run, forgot to specify earlier.

Haven't had time to watch the stream yet, will do so later. Can I just say in advance, thank you and your team for taking the time and effort to show all these great replays! I really appreciate all your hard work in presenting this showcase.
No problem! We're really glad to be doing such a thing too, thanks for your appreciation.

We always check replays after submitting, so don't worry about that.

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 04:10:22 AM »
I couldn't make it to the stream, but from what I've seen from the highlights, it seems like you got a really good start, hopefully I can make it to next week's stream (I'd imagine same time next Saturday?)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 05:47:41 AM »
Aye, every Saturday.

We were glad to have your replay! You did a fine job.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 08:55:14 AM »
I mentioned this in discord while the stream was live so I'm not sure how many of you (aside from Pearl, who replied) saw, but if you have such a large backlog (and a stream takes that long), then it might worth considering having 2 smaller streams a week with 6-7 replays each, instead of one large one with 10. That way you would get through the backlog quicker and the streams wouldn't be as long. I don't believe you would run short of them anytime soon either way. Of course, this needs to tie in with the schedules of the hosts, naturally (so it might not be feasible in the end). Alternatively, to cut back on the length of the stream, you could try not having 9 full game runs or whatever. Put in one or two extra stage runs or the single stage/spell replays that I'm sure some people submitted. Naturally, this was the first stream so it wasn't possible to tell how long it would end up being, so maybe this is still sort of within expectations. I'm just throwing in a suggestion for you to consider.

Good job on the first stream.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 09:03:56 AM »
I mentioned this in discord while the stream was live so I'm not sure how many of you (aside from Pearl, who replied) saw, but if you have such a large backlog (and a stream takes that long), then it might worth considering having 2 smaller streams a week with 6-7 replays each, instead of one large one with 10. That way you would get through the backlog quicker and the streams wouldn't be as long. I don't believe you would run short of them anytime soon either way. Of course, this needs to tie in with the schedules of the hosts, naturally (so it might not be feasible in the end). Alternatively, to cut back on the length of the stream, you could try not having 9 full game runs or whatever. Put in one or two extra stage runs or the single stage/spell replays that I'm sure some people submitted. Naturally, this was the first stream so it wasn't possible to tell how long it would end up being, so maybe this is still sort of within expectations. I'm just throwing in a suggestion for you to consider.

Good job on the first stream.
I have thought about a few methods to cut back on stream length as well as going through the backlog, and am still trying to find a way that will make it work better. The main reason why I'm only able to do something like this on a weekend is because for most of us, the school year has already started which automatically means weekdays will almost never be an option. It would have been more viable in the summer, but not now. And yes, for the next week I have put in some variations to the submissions so full game replays don't take up as much time slots as it currently does, and I have included a few submitted spell replays as well. The stream did end up taking slightly longer than my estimated time so I'm looking for ways to save (read: not waste as much) time.

Thank you for the feedback!

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2016, 05:42:48 PM »
I have thought about a few methods to cut back on stream length as well as going through the backlog, and am still trying to find a way that will make it work better. The main reason why I'm only able to do something like this on a weekend is because for most of us, the school year has already started which automatically means weekdays will almost never be an option. It would have been more viable in the summer, but not now. And yes, for the next week I have put in some variations to the submissions so full game replays don't take up as much time slots as it currently does, and I have included a few submitted spell replays as well. The stream did end up taking slightly longer than my estimated time so I'm looking for ways to save (read: not waste as much) time.

Thank you for the feedback!

Same, I'm barely available on the weekdays
Touhou 1CCS:

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »
The second stream will be starting in less than 8 hours from now!

Week 2's lineup is as follows!

• Norm EoSD Normal ReimuB 1cc
  • Stal TD Ex Reimu NM
  • Mino MoF Lunatic ReimuB NMNB
  • Amalgam IN Hard Alice 1cc
  • Zigzagwolf DDC Ex MarisaB Scoring
  • ZM UFO SanaeB Scoring (PB)
  • green_fortune PoFV Hard Aya 1cc
  • Nelson DDC Normal SakuyaA 1cc
  • FleetingGaze UFO Ex SanaeA 1cc
  • Chum DS 6-8 and 10-6 Scoring

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »
IMPORTANT: Due to specific hosts and participants attending today's STGW (which is happening at the same time as our original weekly time), the time of our stream will be pushed back by 90 minutes.
The new time is 8:30PM UTC+0. Convert this time as you wish.

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 11:59:54 PM »
If you're going to showcase my run next week, don't, because I'll be busy next Saturday and I want to see my own replay on stream.
Touhou 1CCS:

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 01:10:38 AM »
If you're going to showcase my run next week, don't, because I'll be busy next Saturday and I want to see my own replay on stream.
Alright, noted.

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 04:18:41 AM »
I've noticed that you can now adjust the quality of the stream video, which is excellent for people with really slow internet like mine! So, I'd like to thank all the people who watched the streams, because you've made my ability to watch them much easier! Unfortunately I can't join you guys 'live' (the stream starts at 5am Sunday morning for me), but on watching the highlights, I enjoy your interaction with people posting chat comments. I also like that you analyse gameplay, but also go into trivia and other details regarding the games. I've definitely learnt a lot already!

As for my own replay in last week's showcase, I understand my 'unorthodox' approaches on Kaguya's last two regular spells had a few people metaphorically scratching heads. So, I have two light-hearted things to say:
I'm sorry. I've learnt my lesson. I have changed my ways.
Just kidding, crazy life is best life ;)

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2016, 06:18:55 PM »
I wanna pull off that No Miss run of TD Normal so I can send that replay. :V  I almost did it but I derped right near the end of the Miko fight.

I'm not gonna submit anything juuuust yet but I'll probably tune in, if I'm not recording anything. I'd prefer to play more and get a feel for my current skill level and play well so I can put a decent replay up (at least, something I deem decent for my skill level).
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2016, 04:05:20 PM »
Hey guys! Our 3rd weekly stream is just around the corner. Here's the list for this week's stream items:

• Satis EoSD Lunatic ReimuB NB
  • Mikuru MoF Normal ReimuB 1cc
  • DarkPermafrost UFO Extra SanaeB 90FPS 1cc
  • Poynting SA Hard ReimuA 1cc
  • Nep TD Hard Reimu NBNT
  • dxk MoF Lunatic MarisaC Scoring
  • Xirno UFO Normal SanaeB Scoring
  • Elysia PCB Phantasm SakuyaB 120FPS 1cc
  • DSK PCB Normal 1cc
  • Novice IN Normal BorderTeam 1cc
  • Dew IN Spell Practice Scoring
  • Sakurei IN Spell Practice Scoring

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 01:17:18 AM »
A clarification on how we pick replays:

There are several factors in which we pick the replays that will be shown for a given week. These can be any of the following:
  • Time of submission
  • Category
  • Game played
  • Difficulty

In short, the way in which we pick replays is not random - there is indeed a given set order. The reason why your run may not have been shown yet is because we have a very long list of replays in queue, and most of them were submitted during the first week. Your run definitely isn't abandoned yet - it will most definitely be shown on a future week!

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
Our 4th weekly stream starts in less than an hour from now! Stay tuned.

• TrickOfHat IN Hard Survival
  • Rapig IN Last Word 120FPS Timeout
  • Yam SA Extra NMNB
  • Gibbi EoSD Lunatic Scoring
  • Snakke DDC Lunatic 1cc
  • Nelson TD Normal 1cc
  • Lollipop MoF Normal NB
  • FreeGothitelle UFO Lunatic 1cc
  • Maribel Hearn EoSD Extra NMNB
  • KirbyComment PoDD Lunatic scoring
  • Yukari's Glove ISC No Item
  • Wobuffet ISC Mallet Speed Kill

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 12:03:38 PM »
Oh, seems I missed my replay  :3

I'm the one who did ISC's 10-4, Remilia's Fitful Nightmare, with no items and in two loops. And yeah, Remilia has to move to that exact position or a bit higher for it to be possible. I learnt it was possible after seeing some Japanese replays on Niconico, and since I just couldn't damage her enough before the first loop started, I ended up trying to beat her in two loops. After I while, doing only one loop (the first or the second one) was rather easy, but actually surviving both was indeed really difficult, specially because of the luck factor involved.

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2016, 11:55:31 PM »
I'd like to withdraw the EoSD replay I submitted and submit a new one. Is that okay?

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00:17 AM »
I'd like to withdraw the EoSD replay I submitted and submit a new one. Is that okay?
Just fine.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2016, 05:30:13 PM »
This is week 5's list! The stream will begin in less than 2 hours.

• Lyrical Ririka IN Normal Solo Reimu Scoring
  • Novice PoFV Normal Tewi Survival
  • MYC EoSD Lunatic ReimuA Survival
  • Pieraz TD Normal Reimu NNN
  • Yabusame Houlen MoF Extra ReimuB No Miss
  • Poynting MoF Hard ReimuA Survival
  • MegaPulse GFW Lunatic A1 Scoring
  • Red Bloony LoLK Black Label Sanae
  • Hurst DDC Normal SakuyaB Scoring
  • Pearl LLS Lunatic MarisaA No Bomb

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2016, 07:35:45 AM »
lol missed the stream, but I'm Lyrical Ririka. I did that run back in January 2015. Not one of my best runs in the game but I submitted it since I figured no one has ever saw a solo human scoring before. BTW, I used bombs on the stage 4 fairies because Reimu can't kill the fairies fast enough, even with the safespots, to give you time to POC before the next pair of fairies come.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 07:01:15 PM »
lol missed the stream, but I'm Lyrical Ririka. I did that run back in January 2015. Not one of my best runs in the game but I submitted it since I figured no one has ever saw a solo human scoring before. BTW, I used bombs on the stage 4 fairies because Reimu can't kill the fairies fast enough, even with the safespots, to give you time to POC before the next pair of fairies come.

Pretty impressive run, TBH. Looking forward to seeing more runs from you.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »
Here's week 6, everyone!

• DarkShadowKnight EoSD Normal ReimuB
  • Coolpool EoSD Extra ReimuB
  • Nelson MoF Normal ReimuA
  • Nep TD Easy No Vertical Reimu
  • WinterReturns SA Normal MarisaA
  • Wobbuffet DDC Extra MarisaB
  • Red Bloony UFO Hard SanaeB
  • Systemlegacy IN Lunatic Scarlet Team
  • Cupcake PCB Lunatic SakuyaA
  • Zigzagwolf MS Normal Scoring Mima

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2016, 05:05:09 PM »
Week 7's list has been posted.

• Koxus SA Lunatic ReimuA No Bomb 1 Miss
  • Morth SA Easy MarisaC Scoring
  • Termian TD Lunatic Reimu
  • Danmakugamer MoF Hard ReimuA No Bomb
  • HLS UFO Normal MarisaA No Bomb
  • Poynting DDC Hard SakuyaA
  • KirbyComment EoSD Lunatic ReimuB No Bomb
  • Tramfan PCB Extra MarisaA No Miss
  • DarkPermafrost GFW Extra 90FPS
  • Pearl LLS Lunatic MarisaA No Focus

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
Here is week 8's list! But as a reminder, even though all will be shown, what is shown will not necessarily be the final order.

• Cactu EoSD Lunatic ReimuA
  • Sombres EoSD Normal MarisaB
  • Anon UFO Normal SanaeB
  • kkcwkoh LoLK Normal Reimu Stage Practice
  • Yabusame UFO Extra SanaeB No Misses
  • Mikuru MoF Easy ReimuB 120FPS
  • Autumn DDC Normal SakuyaB
  • Lollipop DDC Extra ReimuA
  • Lyrical Ririka IN Normal Youmu Score
  • Nep TD Normal Reimu No Miss No Bomb C allowed
  • Zigzagwolf SoEW Extra ReimuA No Miss No Bomb
  • Rapig Spell Captures/Timeouts 120+ FPS (PCB + IN)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »
Week 9's schedule has been posted.

• DarkPermafrost SA Lunatic ReimuA No Bomb
  • Morth SA Lunatic MarisaA Speedrun
  • RB DDC Lunatic SakuyaA
  • Poynting EoSD Hard ReimuA
  • Maribel PCB Lunatic ReimuB No Bombs/Borderbreaks
  • Ghost TD Lunatic Reimu No Miss/Bomb/Trance
  • ZM UFO Lunatic ReimuA No Bombs/Ventora
  • Snaggles MoF Lunatic ReimuB
  • Amalgam IN Normal Marisa Solo No Focus
  • Vex HRtP Scoring (Makai)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2016, 07:03:50 PM »
Week 10 is up! Unfortunately due to real life obligations, a few of our hosts will be unable to attend this week.

• Lollipop DDC Normal SakuyaA No Bomb
  • UnidentifiedPhantasm PCB Extra ReimuA
  • Mikuru IN Easy Border Team 120FPS
  • Tomato UFO Normal SanaeB Score
  • Zig EoSD Extra ReimuB NMNB
  • Dagoth-Ur SA Hard ReimuA No Bomb
  • Pearl EoSD Lunatic MarisaB No Focus
  • Stalinthelove LoLK Normal Reimu No Bomb
  • Novice IN Hard Border Team
  • KirbyComment LLS Easy ReimuB Score