Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 282428 times)

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2015, 11:06:59 PM »
I bought The Guided Fate Paradox last night, and my friend loaned me the Dusk Sea trilogy of Atelier games. I asked him if he had Ayesha and if I could borrow it, because I heard the inventory's less frustrating (gathered mats have consistent quality so they stack). So he handed me that, Escha&Logy, and Shallie. Shallie doesn't even have a time limit. I hate how they're making some playables DLC. I might have to use the rest of my store credit on a PSN card.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

draganuv15

« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2015, 09:56:25 AM »
Recently got Summoner/Scholar to 50 on Final Fantasy 14. Just need to run The Praetorium and I'll finally be able to do A Realm Awoken quests after over a month of playing and then try to force myself not to attempt A Relic Reborn quests.

Also been playing a ton of Crimzon Clover: WORLD IGNITION because haha my thirst for danmaku games will never be quenched (I'm pretty bad at it score-wise though but these things come with practice)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »
...try to force myself not to attempt A Relic Reborn quests...

If it helps to convince you - don't waste your time. As soon as you get to heavensward content you'll be given better gear than your Relic Weapon Zenith, and as soon as you get to level 54 you'll get equipment which is on part with the Zodiac Weapon Zeta, which takes a few days of tireless work to get. I can say that because I'm currently going for my zeta for glamour :')

I mean, unless you don't have heavensward for some reason, at which point it's still better to try and get a few clear parties through coil to get you easy poetics and encrypted tomestones so you can get your augmented ironworks weapon/dreadwyrm weapon, both of which only lose to the Zodiac Zeta in terms of power and yet take infinitely less time and effort to get.

draganuv15

« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »
If it helps to convince you - don't waste your time. As soon as you get to heavensward content you'll be given better gear than your Relic Weapon Zenith, and as soon as you get to level 54 you'll get equipment which is on part with the Zodiac Weapon Zeta, which takes a few days of tireless work to get. I can say that because I'm currently going for my zeta for glamour :')

I mean, unless you don't have heavensward for some reason, at which point it's still better to try and get a few clear parties through coil to get you easy poetics and encrypted tomestones so you can get your augmented ironworks weapon/dreadwyrm weapon, both of which only lose to the Zodiac Zeta in terms of power and yet take infinitely less time and effort to get.

Yeah my plan was to get stronger gear in Heavensward and then maybe do relic stuff just to glamour it but I honestly prefer the look of a few things to the summoner Relic/Zodiac weapon anyway (Ona Ramuhda, Diamond Grimoire and the Expanse Grimoire being on the priority list for potential glamours/actual weapons). Last Resort and Apocalypse still look really good I just prefer the look of the Primal weapons and farming for those seems a lot more fun than slogging through that many quests/spending that much gil (from what I can gather buying everything required from auction to fully upgrade the relic weapon would be about 40 million+ gil which is too much. Also now someone who has been trying to get Longinus and has been doing stuff for over a year now and is only on Atma I believe.)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2015, 11:54:58 PM »
To be fair, you can complete the first stage of the Relic Quest extremely easily, and it's not a bad idea because hey, i80 weapon (Although you should be able to easily have someone fetch you an i115 from Ishgard).  It's also a great intro to level 50 content.  That said, if you did want to max it out, it's also only a fraction of the price anymore, because there's really no need at all to optimize the stats on it (it's glamour yo), so you can pay a fraction of that cost by using suboptimal materia.

Either way the game will have you rolling in gear during the 2.1-2.55 storyline so yeah.  I'm not sure when exactly it gives you weapons or at what level they'll be at but I know it literally throws you the old Soldiery gear and I expect it probably throws you an Unidentified Tomestone or something at some point anyway so
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:56:30 PM by Garlyle »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2015, 05:08:22 AM »
Fraction of the price and fraction of the time, yes, although if I'm being completely honest it's still a pain, especially when you consider Light is not acquired either from Heavensward content OR from undersized parties, which means you gotta deal with level sync and that's just ugh.

Plus the entirety of the Animus shit is like no thanks. That's 300 overworld enemies, 27 fates (some of which are really rare), 27 leves (not a problem but still) and 27 dungeons, of which a lot are unsoloable even at BiS status and have ungodly long queue times.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:11:03 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »
Funny people have mentioned FFXIV, thanks  my birthday I was able to pick it up and get right back on track with where I was when I sort of... threw in the towel. I somehow managed to finish all the pre-Heavensward quests I had left in one go, and so far things are going good. Not bothering with the relic weapon at the point I'm at (even if they made it so that books are not as easy to do, finding the stupid gems was pretty much a pain in the everything and I'm done with the long grind with relics), I just want to pave my way through the main story since I've started on this later than the people I usually play with. :V

Also, I didn't know they now threw Soldiery equipment at you in the post-Realm Reborn pre-Heavensward quests, but given Poetics is now the new lower standard tomestone-wise it makes sense. Kinda makes me feel like I wasted my time getting a full Solidery set (with a good amount of it upgraded too), but at least Poetics is easier to get now. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2015, 10:23:04 AM »
Low-tier Team Deathmatch is back in Ace Combat Infinity, which means one thing for me - getting ganged up on by everyone ever for somehow failing to get shot down after a rain of QAAM and MSL and who knows what else. I think I'll make videos of my next set of sorties tomorrow, just watching the madness of two dozen separate missiles on the radar at the same time. And since missiles only show up when you're actively targeted by them (or you shot them), well...
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

pineyappled

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2015, 03:49:48 PM »
Cole Phelps: Worst Cop Ever is alright. Click "doubt" instead of "lie"? Phelps accuses the widow of murder! Case where you find a bloody steak knife in a trash bin next to a supposed hit and run? You can inspect the stirring spoons at the wife's house but not the knives on the wall right above.  Catch the perp of a street crime? Shoot the fucker right dead

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #189 on: July 19, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »
I've caught the TF2 bug again.

How do I topscore as fat scout? [Which is a lot better with the Eviction Notice buffs, if you punch someone you suddenly ARE a Scout]. Because it happened. I mean seriously. I'm not even using a Primary.

Also I played some Spy on defense on Dustbowl and got like a 5 man chainstab with YER and no starting disguise, including a medic. My Spy style is C+D with YER to find that golden opening. If I want to take down buildings I'll go Demo or Direct Hit.

Speaking of, having someone on your team saying 'They have 2 sentries near spawn' on that spot on Eygpt; walking there and just showering 4 pipes in from long range with a big arc, not knowing the exact location and getting both sentries and both engies feels good man. But I tend to be that guy who'll snipe down sentries when no-one else on my team can manage it/keeps trying to run into them. I even named a Direct Hit the Bunker Buster because I do that so often.

New maps are mostly cool. Except the KotH map. Far too small; spawncamping happens more than Nucleus; while people actually go for the objective because there isn't really anything of note on the rest of the map.

===

Also playing another weekly EU4 multiplayer game. In the pre-game everyone was crying because most people picked smaller nations and there was Aragon [East Spain] which in itself isn't that large but starts with Naples [Most of Southern Italy] under a personal union. I was playing the Papal States. Right next to Naples. I wasn't scared. I just made an alliance with Venice; we sunk their fleet to keep them separated; and we broke the Personal Union; significantly weakening Aragon. We also specifically struck when we knew Aragon was weak from another war. Now Aragon is wedged between Castile [Who hates them because these are the guys Aragon was at war with] and France [Who hates them]; with about half their power ripped away. Thanks to the Pope's intervention. And they can't easily go to war with me now in an attempt to get revenge. I don't share a border with Aragon. And even if they did go to war with me I'm allied with [AI] Castile now since they're happy with what I did; who does border Aragon and is larger. Not to mention punching me won't make Naples suddenly no longer independent.

Then Austria and a significant amount of the Not Holy not Roman Empire [Basically the parts which were not players] went to war against the Ottomans over Hungry and lost. They were low on manpower; so we went to war with the Not Holy not Roman Empire; which usually would greatly overpower us; and won that fight too and got more land. And if after the truce Austria wants to fight again to try and get the land we took back; they're also going to wade into a war with France due to Venice's alliances; and have to worry about the Ottomans taking advantage.

Yay for Vulture Pope. In the span of about 15 in-game years I've crippled one of the two largest player nations [Not much I can do about England] and won a victory against what is basically all Europe from East of France to Poland. Simply by striking at the right time and identifying my similar interests to the Venice player. To put the underdog-ness into perspective; combined we can perhaps muster about 40,000 troops. The HRE can muster probobly 150k+ combined, but they'd lost a lot of men. Also the game itself lasts like; 400 years. So I can do a lot more. And I've secured a mutral long-term alliance with Venice about how we carve up Italy as we take out our common foes. Basically I get the West coast and he gets the East; then we push North together.

Seriously people joked that I made Ethiopia relevant last game because I colonized Australia and Indonesia and became a major trade hub; able to direct trade to Spain or England depending on who curried my favor, while I never actually got involved in any major war; I could basically direct funds to a side; and the Eygptians dare not touch me and anger Spain AND England who both had interests with me. Now I'm actually in Europe and within 15 years as a small nation I've changed the balance of power drastically and won two wars I had no business winning usually.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:29:33 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »
Neptunia Re;birth 2.
Spoiler:
Apocalypse: The Saviour's Sorrow
. I was kinda unprepared. Mentally and gameplay-wise too. Whoever designed second fight, hates gamers as a whole. Super-tanky character which actually hits kinda hard and 2 really good aoe attackers. And all of them are fast too. Also as per norm for the bosses all of them regenerate hp every time they act too. And the actual scene afterwards is just ugh...
Fights before and after are complete joke compared to this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:30:33 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »
Really, though, with that route, you kind of deserve it if you haven't been going through the other routes.

So Topaz (the final boss in Geometry Wars 3) is beating me like a drum, but not as much as some of the other levels....
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Mitsuhide

• History Nerd
    • The one eyed gamer
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. What a troll game! The cover and the menus have Snake's face, the intro scene has Snake for the most part, and the real main character, Raiden, appears for like 3 seconds in that intro.

Also, the game starts and you play the most awesome level in the history of gaming, a ship you have to sneak into in order to gather evidence of the existence of a new Metal Geaf able to overcome the rest of its kind. However, the Marine shio is raided but some terrorist, so Solid Snake is going to have a tough time in his mission.
Seriously, the first part is really fun and the setting is pretty interesting! When that is finished, you're thrown into the real thing. Having fun with Snake? Surprise! New protagonist! But honestly, if the gane was the same, but with Snake, it wouldn't have changed much.
To begin with the set up is a big facility over the sea, some disposal/environmental plant thing. It's composed by 2 main structures or "shells", with several hexagon shaped rooms surrounding these shells. The hexagons are conected by bridges and all.

It's orange and it's ugly. Not to mention the amounts of backtracking. Ugh, is rodiculous! I did everything I had to do in Shell 1, so I don't want to go back to it again because I need something to progress in Shell 2.
And the bridges are lame. I want to play something similar to the Snake wegment! I don't care if I'm controlling Raiden (although I'd rather play as Snake), but give me something like that!

And the bosses? I don't like them. Although that's maybe because I'm not used to the codec. In any other game you wouldn't have help telling you what to do, so I forgot the codec existed. However, Olga was fun to fight. I'm now fighting Vamp, and he's kind of boring. Most of the time you won't be able to effectively shoot him.

Also, I think I'm a bit spoiled because I played Metal Gear Solid 3 first, which is an awesome game. Glad they improved the mechanics as much as they did.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »
I don't know how I managed to beat MGS2, back in 2003. I'm terrible at reflex-based gaming, which is why I stick to JRPGs, aside from being really into Koei's Warriors series and occasionally dabbling in Resident Evil, which I have beaten multiple entries of.

Anyway, I've been doing, uh...Atelier Shallie. And Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. And I started up on Suikoden 5 (this is my 4th attempt or something at beating it) and I'm about to go play that now. Also doing Escha+Logy, but I screwed up and for some reason didn't save so I lost about 45 minutes of work and got really pissed-off at myself so I'm taking a break. At least I have a full party of six (I bought the Wilbell DLC because she should've been playable in the first f'ing place).

« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »
I've never been a fan of the outdoor areas in MGS2 but the indoor areas are fairly similar in design to those in the tanker chapter, MGS1 and Metal Gear 2. It's a good game but I think everyone agrees that it's probably the weakest canon game in the series along with Metal Gear 1.

Mitsuhide

• History Nerd
    • The one eyed gamer
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2015, 08:52:43 AM »
I mean, It's a good game! Just disappointing. And the indoor areas are not bad, just that you have to go through them a lot.
And I don't think it's fair to compare it to Metal Gear 1, as that one is in an k ferior system and... Well... I liked that one better than Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »
Did my "once in a blue moon" run of RKS on lunch break (yes, I have big lunch breaks). Somehow, I managed to enter item screen when I had no health left. Funny enough, I could heal and continue playing just fine. Dunno if such bug is known or something, so I'll attach the replay if anyone's interested, it happened during Trauare's fight. (Said replay also has some moderately awesome playing along with a number of amusing fails.)

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
I beat Resonance of Fate this morning. I was grossly-overlevelled. Something like...179 on Vashyron, 220 on Zephry, and 235 on Leanne. Last boss has 99,999 HP and is immune to Full Scratch Damage on MGs, but you can still break his gauge and stun him, and he's weak against elemental damage and probably ailments. He also keeps having multiple mooks around, who honest to ghod deal more damage than he does. So now I'm on NG+, because I promised my friend she could watch the DANCING VASHYRON scene on an HDTV instead of on YT.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
I beat Resonance of Fate this morning. I was grossly-overlevelled. Something like...179 on Vashyron, 220 on Zephry, and 235 on Leanne. Last boss has 99,999 HP and is immune to Full Scratch Damage on MGs, but you can still break his gauge and stun him, and he's weak against elemental damage and probably ailments. He also keeps having multiple mooks around, who honest to ghod deal more damage than he does. So now I'm on NG+, because I promised my friend she could watch the DANCING VASHYRON scene on an HDTV instead of on YT.
Now go beat Neverland, lol. I'm only at Chapter 15 myself; I'm too busy trying to gather turquoise Hexes to get the awesomesauce terminals to the Arena.

Anyway, I picked Malicious Rebirth back up and am trying to get the No Repair and S Rank Clear trophies... and seriously, screw the Rebirth bosses. The Undead King saps Aura from you, the ground enemies don't give Aura, the flying enemies kamikaze; the Barbarian King does not want to stay still, and has a rather absurd Chain and Time requirement; the Iron King has an instant "fuck you" attack if you stay too close to it in its second phase and its Needles will kill you if you don't get the hell out of the way and interrupt him; and the Twin Queens are just one huge "fuck you" of the two latter bosses' plus two targets instead of one.

And then there's the Malicious.

Move eternally forward,

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #199 on: July 26, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
I started playing Final Fantasy XIV again.  I really wanted to try the new Machinist class.  I was still on the 2.2 storyline when I started and had to go through all that before I could play the class.  Now after spending a couple of days of doing nothing but story content, I put the story on hold so I can catch the machinist up.  It seems a little slow, but maybe that's just where I'm used to playing as a Monk and constantly moving.  I also like how the LB is basically Master Spark.  Not at all that useful, but still pretty cool.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »
I just love how the boss of Chapter 14 literally dies in two waves because a single HG shot is enough to insta-gib all of the defense systems as long as the armor is fully scratched off - and given how powerful your guns need to be to handle the trash, it's all but certain that one wave of MG is enough.

In other games, fuck the Reborn Malicious. It's a difficult double boss battle in the first place, but when you get perhaps half a second to react to any of its first form's melee attacks (especially the bite), and the second form hits like a meteor even with Aura 3 and Royal Robe, well...

EDIT: Fun fact - once I S-Ranked the Reborn Malicious, I proceeded to the final boss, and completely wiped the fucking floor with it. It helps that unlike the RM, the target is very, very easy to cheese as long as you make sure it can't spawn anything else. Full S and No Repair clear, so that's one more game down.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:52:10 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
With my PC approaching its official retiring date, I've restarted Bioshock, which is the first game I played on it. Not only is the game back-to-front amazing, but it's held up so well. Maybe I'm just old but these 2007 graphics are AMAZING.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2015, 09:37:51 AM »
Lost Dimension's good.  Really good.  It plays like Valkyria Chronicles in battle, customizes like Etrian Odyssey, and story/themes-wise is somewhere between Dangan Ronpa and Zero Escape.  It's not quite as good as it could have been but it's damn awesome.

And now I have to NG+ to head towards True End.  And maybe pick up a lot of those lore files I missed because whoops a lot of the game's story is not told during the actual game directly whoops

« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2015, 12:05:42 AM »
Tried out the Dungeon Travelers 2 demo. It's as fanservicey as I expected it to be, but the gameplay is better than what I was expecting. I may very well end up getting it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2015, 09:39:13 PM »
I finally picked up an old; probobly 10th hand PSP at a car boot sale. [I'm no fool I asked them to show me it worked before I brought it]

And I also picked up Persona 3.

Do you know how long I've wanted to play Persona? Too long.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

PhoenixMaiden

• Resurrected fire maiden
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2015, 12:29:07 AM »
Right now I'm playing Touhou Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil. Next I'm gonna play some Persona 4. It's been a while since I've last played it actually.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2015, 03:00:47 AM »
I've been going back to my Gen IV Pokemon games recently. After getting a 2DS, I finally have another system to perform trades with myself. And after sending a freshly caught Latias from HG to Pearl - over eight years after working the latter's Pokedex down to a handful of Gen IV mons, most I needed to get specifically from trading - I finally, finally completed the Pokedex and got my diploma for Pearl. That gold Trainer card looks soooo good, especially after being stuck on that ugly bronze color for all that time. I should be able to do the same for Platinum now. It's been so long since I put in all that work with Pearl, I kinda just want to get each of these games to the point where I can "retire" them confidently, like I did the Gen III games years ago (though I might replay HG anyway for kicks sometime).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »
So I got a copy of Moe Chronicle (the Chinese version, with included English subs!), the spiritual sequel to Monster Monpiece, and I can see why it would be impossible to have an actual release in the US.

Holy fuck they don't even try to hide the fact that the only things separating this game from an actual H-game is depictions of female genitalia and sex. Hell, some of the trash mobs in the first area alone would give this game an AO rating if it were ever sent to the ESRB.

EDIT: Agh my luck blows today. My copy of IA/VT came in today, but since I swapped my work shift, I couldn't be there to pick it up, so it will have to wait until Tuesday.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:30:08 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »
8 hours ago I impulse bought Fairy Fencer F and ended up deciding to stream it after laughing my ass off at the main character's introduction.

five minutes ago I finally stopped streaming

help me

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
« Reply #209 on: August 09, 2015, 11:25:04 AM »
After someone reminded me I had it, I'm replaying Gungnir on the PSP. And since it's that kind of game, I'm replaying from the beginning, because otherwise I would just get myself into an unwinnable situation. Time for some tutorials.

And after just recently 100%'d Neptunia Re;Birth 1, it's time to move to Re;Birth 2 before they drop the 3rd one to steam and increase my backlog even more.
Soon