Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order: 3rd Anniversary  (Read 144191 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Fate/Camelot Order; Congrats US! You've finished the tutorial
« Reply #600 on: July 08, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
https://grandorder.wiki/FGO_Summer_Festival_2016_~1st_Anniversary~

I assume we're getting the stuff from here that we didn't already get (palingenesis etc)

Wait a minute

JP got 30 free quartz? :V

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #601 on: July 08, 2018, 06:48:12 PM »
The temptation is shell out money for some paid quartz is strong with this, but I'm gonna try and resist. I promised myself I wouldn't spend any money on this game. ;>;

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #602 on: July 08, 2018, 09:13:21 PM »
Rolled Vlad on the Cavalry banner. I avoided the 1/10 chance of a dupe so I am grateful for that, sorry to hear about your roll Edible. On that topic, the salt in the Reddit threads is piled sky high. It's a bit telling when the prevailing mood of all the players when looking at the paid 5* roll is "I hope I don't get a dupe." Having that override the "yay, I will get a 5* Servant" is pretty sad. I know it would have stung if I rolled into NP3 Waver.

I don't know how loud it came out in the stream, but the audience mood was definitely a little forced. Not seeing anything new and then the 10 SQ announcement was definitely some forced applause. And the cardboard cake was pretty awkward too. The guest reactions to that were really adorable at the beginning, but the eventual realization that the cake wasn't...  :V Edible  :V... made that really awkward. I mean, who gets to keep it? Probably Shiokawa to take back to DelightWorks I guess. Come on, at least if you're going to give a gift, give one to each individual guest. Fuck, how embarrassing.

So many Super and Great Successes! My first 4 enhances were all Super Successes which allowed me to get Raikou to 90 and Ridertoki to first ascension. I will probably use a few apples and get everyone else I want leveled up. Then roll once during DaVinci+London day and once during DaVinci+America day and see if I get anyone new. The Participation of the King CE is also pretty good too, 50% NP and 10% Buster up without even needing to limit break it. And good Gil art, definitely worth some rolls/tickets.

If we look at the past JP schedule, their Anniversary was 7 days long, followed by a 4 day period of nothing, then Summer Event part 1. For us, we get the Anniversary for 11 days. Henceforth, we will probably get Summer Event from July 17th to July 31st. Which is potentially devastating because we may not be able to get the 5 tickets from August 1st to use for the end of the Archuria/Martha/Marie banner.

Edit: So I'm reading that the cake was real, but one of those display cakes that have a pretty rigid exterior. That makes much more sense of course. However, the inability to just cut it and have the guests take a few bites as well as Albert not clarifying that it was indeed an edible cake have led to all this confusion. That's some poor preparation.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:50:21 PM by Kiro »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #603 on: July 08, 2018, 11:04:25 PM »
Wait a minute

JP got 30 free quartz? :V

Yep. Considering we usually get 10 quartz for conventions anyway, the amount is quite disappointing.

There's a fair bit of salt/rage going on in the community at the moment. Anniversary delay, poorly conducted stream with cake is a lie and unsurprising news, and lack of quartz are all factors.

Edible

« Reply #604 on: July 08, 2018, 11:05:22 PM »
I had to grind a fair bit to get the funds and supplies necessary, but my Raikou is now level 100.  Unfortunately this event really shouldn't be used to farm evil bones, so getting her additional skillups will have to wait.

the cake wasn't...  :V Edible  :V

:bzzz:

It's a shame about the quartz thing.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #605 on: July 09, 2018, 06:29:14 AM »
Well...  That was tedious.  At least with all that friggin FP I'm all the closer to building my first 2M CE bomb.  (Just how rare is Avenger again?)

Also...

Thanks to all the crap (and a semi-lucky Super Success) d'Eon is my first max level/max fou servant.  (Chev isn't getting grailed.) Now Sumanai can get the Saber XP cards now... Also, Raicow got her first Ascension mostly from feeding her all the trash servants to her. 
I may make a little push to try to get Shuten and Iskandar max level/fou too.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #606 on: July 09, 2018, 06:15:44 PM »
Well, even if I'm not using anything for the anniversary summoning I'm happy with the fact that I'll have a ton of chances for the inevitable summer event campaign. Also, finally beat Camelot, so now I can focus on the mini-event stuff.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #607 on: July 11, 2018, 08:05:10 AM »
I switched from farming embers today to farming the Berserker training grounds. Because I had 0 Berserker blue gems and I realized Ibaraki (4* servant) requires 42 total and Vlad (5* servant) requires 51 total. With the AP efficiency now, there really isn't a better time to restock on your blue gems until the Christmas lottery this December.

I spent a bit of time in the 2nd Berserker level (currently 10 AP) as it offered better rates on the Octuplet Crystals and can still drop blue gems. However, I ended up getting way more red gems than blue (not that it's a bad thing) and ended up switching to the 1st Berserker level (currently 5 AP). Definitely do 5 AP for blue gems and 10 AP for red gems. Used up 2 Golden and a Silver Apple to get all that done and it took over 2 hours and 75% of my phone's battery. Now THAT was tedious and felt like the Moon Festival grind from way back when.

But wait, there's more!  :ohdear: I suggest that if you are hoping to roll for Ruler Martha, that you factor in her needs. Her skills require every class gem of every color. Specifically, she needs a total of 12 gems of each class and color. So plan ahead as every class training ground will get one more rotation at half AP. Don't forget to factor in servants that get their strengthenings to unlock their 3rd skills as well.

---
2* Servants require 9 gems per skill, or 27 total.
3* Servants require 12 gems per skill, or 36 total.
4* Servants require 14 gems per skill, or 42 total.
5* Servants require 17 gems per skill, or 51 total.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:20:00 AM by Kiro »

« Reply #608 on: July 11, 2018, 09:59:29 AM »
I switched from farming embers today to farming the Berserker training grounds. Because I had 0 Berserker blue gems and I realized Ibaraki (4* servant) requires 42 total and Vlad (5* servant) requires 51 total. With the AP efficiency now, there really isn't a better time to restock on your blue gems until the Christmas lottery this December.

I spent a bit of time in the 2nd Berserker level (currently 10 AP) as it offered better rates on the Octuplet Crystals and can still drop blue gems. However, I ended up getting way more red gems than blue (not that it's a bad thing) and ended up switching to the 1st Berserker level (currently 5 AP). Definitely do 5 AP for blue gems and 10 AP for red gems. Used up 2 Golden and a Silver Apple to get all that done and it took over 2 hours and 75% of my phone's battery. Now THAT was tedious and felt like the Moon Festival grind from way back when.

But wait, there's more!  :ohdear: I suggest that if you are hoping to roll for Ruler Martha, that you factor in her needs. Her skills require every class gem of every color. Specifically, she needs a total of 12 gems of each class and color. So plan ahead as every class training ground will get one more rotation at half AP. Don't forget to factor in servants that get their strengthenings to unlock their 3rd skills as well.

---
2* Servants require 9 gems per skill, or 27 total.
3* Servants require 12 gems per skill, or 36 total.
4* Servants require 14 gems per skill, or 42 total.
5* Servants require 17 gems per skill, or 51 total.
Only the gold gems are a problem, still not going to use any apples though, need them for Nero Fes to stock up on Medals. :ohdear:

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #609 on: July 11, 2018, 10:03:16 AM »
Speaking of mat farming, I finally got a chance to get a card to buy into the 5* gacha. Sanzang is now part of my Chaldea, which is kind of a shame, because I was hoping for Jack or Medb (anyone not named Vlad would have been fine, though, since he was my only 5* Cav and no one wants NP2 on the guaranteed *stares at Altera*); because now she and Da Vinci have to compete for Caster mats; and I was actually going to whale a bit for Illya, which might not happen now that I have a tank like Sanzang.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #610 on: July 11, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
I almost forgot it was zerker day - I needed tons of gold trophies and blue gems for Kiyohime, so I'm glad I happened to read this before going to sleep. I had a bunch of lucky runs with 2 or even 3 gold trophies dropping at once and that made it a lot less painful. Pretty fair luck on the octuplet crystals too, I just need one more so that I can 10/10/10 Mash, before she was stuck at 4/4/10 because I just could not get a single one to drop  :ohdear:

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #611 on: July 11, 2018, 05:58:30 PM »
I've managed to bring 3 to max level (Iskandar, d'Eon, Helena) and 1 is almost there (Shuten).  Used a couple of apples for mat farming (class pieces specifically). 
I've been otherwise focused on XP farming, shifting over to mat farming if I need something for ascension. 

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #612 on: July 11, 2018, 11:44:23 PM »
I'm glad we finally got a break in the recent rush of events. I'd been trying to level up a number of servants, but hadn't really been able to because I was more focused on event stuff and event-specific servants. Glad we have more time (and AP) for the dailies now.

« Reply #613 on: July 12, 2018, 07:17:30 AM »
Used 10 tickets on today's banner, no gold servant. :(

« Reply #614 on: July 15, 2018, 07:36:36 AM »
Holy shit, Riders really do love my Chaldea for some reason after all, I keep saying that and it keeps happening. I just used two summon tickets and rolled Drake on the second one. I'm trying to save 10 tickets and 30 quartz (a set of 10 for both Mordreds in the upcoming banners) so I was only going to allow myself 3 tickets, but I only expected like, MAYBE a 3 star at most out of that...

I'm going to be very very sad if I don't manage to get Mordred at all, but I'm super hyped right now after that.

still not a single gold archer tho, I should have taken mamamiya instead of d'eon

-----

Edit: No Mordred after all - I gave in and used both my tickets and my quartz attempting to get regular Mordred because I want her more than the summer version - but I did get surprised by a random Arjuna on a ticket when I thought it was Tesla, and Lancer Alter came from the 10-roll.

I can finally fill each of my support slots with gold servants, all my previous regrets over not getting Mordred are gone. But still, would be nice if Best Knight would come home
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 05:16:17 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #615 on: July 15, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »
Meanwhile, no income means no guaranteed SSR over here yet, but just yesterday, after one grueling year I finally got my own OG Nero on the Septem banner. Sure, my gold servant roster's pretty lopsided on the Saber front now but hey, it's the principle of the matter. And besides, I like swords.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:26:46 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #616 on: July 16, 2018, 12:55:37 AM »
So now I have Nero and Angry Mango on my team. Even got Nero up to NP2 from a 10-roll on the event gacha (the one with the Nitocris and Da Vinci one?)

I?m kinda taking a break from this game for now, though, so they probably won?t see too much action yet.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #617 on: July 16, 2018, 07:22:11 AM »
Pretty much crap on my gacha rolls save for a NP2 Astolfo and a brand new SAlter.  (And YAY! a decent offensive Saber.)  Plus I landed a Lancer Altria on my 5* roll.

However, my XP farming has churned out 6 max level servants; Shishou, Iskandar, Shuten, d'Eon, Helena, and Emiya-Assassin.  It could have been more if I didn't run out of Ascension mats, and grinding for monuments and pieces has turned out to have been a massive pain in the backside.

« Reply #618 on: July 17, 2018, 11:28:31 AM »
So Camelot part 2 and half AP for free quest is coming before summer event, more time to prepare for summer servants I guess. :V

Edible

« Reply #619 on: July 17, 2018, 12:34:29 PM »
Half AP free quests means I can finally start farming bones, I guess.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #620 on: July 17, 2018, 01:39:19 PM »
farming bones
Hey, that's hell you're walking into.

« Reply #621 on: July 17, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
Must resist the urge to farm 1AP for bond points and farm items instead.

Edible

« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
Hey, that's hell you're walking into.

Shit, man.  I don't want anything to do with it.

But I need 183 of them, and that's just for my current focuses.

« Reply #623 on: July 18, 2018, 04:28:39 AM »
10 tickets on Camelot part 2, no gold servant, a few gold CE.  :(

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #624 on: July 18, 2018, 07:15:49 AM »
Earned 30 SQ from free Quests, login bonuses, etc.  Tried the Da Vinci/Mordred gacha?

Got a Stheno instead.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
hell is a very burn place dangerous

So we're all taking time to fight through our purgatories, whether that's bone, dust, chain, or medals. Or worse; claws, horseshoes, seeds...
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
hell is a very burn place dangerous

So we're all taking time to fight through our purgatories, whether that's bone, dust, chain, or medals. Or worse; claws, horseshoes, seeds...
Can't wait for Salomon and rerun of 7 counterfeit.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2018, 03:36:53 PM »
Half AP Free quest -> Medal and Chain Hell for me.

The next week will be brutal :(

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2018, 04:07:21 PM »
Boi, I have something new to protecc.

Every heroine is gonna get multiface. This time it's Illya

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Edible

« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2018, 04:13:33 PM »
Brynhild got an animation update in JP?  Hope they ship it to the US early like they've done with some other stuff.  I'd probably use her a lot more.