Author Topic: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated November 3, Chapter 3 COMPLETE!)  (Read 75745 times)

Re: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated August 22, Chapter 2 begins.)
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2009, 06:26:16 AM »
Wow, this stuff is great!

One thing though, the planes Okuu and her comrades use kind of bother me. Without the cockpit, in some pages they almost look like commercial airliners.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »
One thing though, the planes Okuu and her comrades use kind of bother me. Without the cockpit, in some pages they almost look like commercial airliners.

Yeah, you're right about that.  I haven't practiced planes much, and after the first couple of panels with them I practically dropped the reference and they grew fat after that, haha.  It was laziness on my part, I'll do better if there's a next time (since I think I'll be moving onto mecha pretty quickly now).

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »
If there ever is a next time, consider basing the planes off of the A-10 Thunderbolts.

http://images.google.com/images?q=a+10+thunderbolt&oe

Quote from: Wikipedia
The A-10 is exceptionally tough. Its strong airframe can survive direct hits from armor-piercing and high-explosive projectiles up to 23 mm. The aircraft has triple redundancy in its flight systems, with mechanical systems to back up double-redundant hydraulic systems...The aircraft is designed to fly with one engine, one tail, one elevator and half a wing torn off.

The A-10 is equipped with the GAU-8 Avenger (the gun is going to eat that car  :V)

The General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger is a 30 mm, hydraulically-driven seven-barrel Gatling-type rotary cannon that is mounted on the United States Air Force's A-10 Thunderbolt II. It is among the largest, heaviest and most powerful aircraft cannon in the United States military, and when the entire cannon with its drum-style ammunition magazine is considered, one of the largest cannons ever fitted into an aircraft. Designed specifically for the anti-tank role, the Avenger delivers a very powerful round at a high rate of fire.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 06:17:18 PM by LRCD-TAGinar »

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Updated with 4 new pages.

Nachtwanderlied

ilu graph.

you are the only light in touhou fandom besides me

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Hey, obligatory "KILL THEM ALL" ally. Nice.
besides me
what

Nachtwanderlied

opinions lol

Re: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated August 29, 4 new pages for Chapter 2.)
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »
Well I certainly didn't expect the story to take a nosedive into BLOOD FOR THE MORIYA SHRINE'S GOD politics that quickly.

I'm assuming by "Prime Minister" that Chireiden possesses a parliamentary government? Satori's attitude of helplessness implies that she doesn't have a terribly huge control of things even if she held other ministerial titles.  If so, I can't wait to see what kind of jerkwad moves the members of that parliament are going to mandate on the populace.

Something like Satori kidnapping herself in order to cause the parliament passing a order to arbitrarily root out people suspected of government subversion. In turn, that would set the stage for a justified military coup against the Chireiden government by Okuu and Orin's Moriya-backed forces.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 05:10:03 AM »
LRCD-TAGinar: Yeah, things get out of hand pretty quickly, but probably not in the way you think.

At the least I can say the presence of faceless politicians would be pretty diminished, that's not so much my style.  Just trying to lay down the groundwork so I can bring out the big guns.  :p

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 02:41:55 PM »
I posted something complimentary on pooshlmer a while back, but just to reiterate: This is great and you should feel great.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Re: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated September 7, 6 new pages for Chapter 2.)
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 07:19:27 AM »
Updated Chapter 2.  On a suggestion by someone from Poosh, I'm using .pngs instead of .jpgs to see how that goes.  Hopefully the larger filesize isn't a problem.

New crack pairing detected~

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Touhou Mecha: Hell's Rising (Updated September 7, 6 new pages for Chapter 2.)
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 07:42:58 AM »
Yay, backstory~

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 08:06:08 AM »

She's expecting her invitation any day now.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »
I feel incredibly guilty for not reading this until now.

You had me at GIANT FRICKIN' ROBOT SPIDERS, and it got better from there. Keep it up.

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 02:53:02 PM »
I just realized... why is half of chapter 2 pngs, and the other half jpg? Other then that, great stuff.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 03:08:12 PM »
I have nothing to say other than this is great and you should feel great.

Well, one more thing... SEIG PARSIA!

...Um... Sorry, just had to say something stupid like that...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 11:57:28 PM »
I just realized... why is half of chapter 2 pngs, and the other half jpg? Other then that, great stuff.

It was on a suggestion by a Nameless Fairy at Poosh.  Something about artifacts... though I don't see them personally, I went with it because it didn't make my process take any longer than before.  I'll change it back if I get complaints about filesize, but these things are generally equal to or smaller than what you'd find on, say, danbooru.  So I'll probably go with .png from now on.

Nachtwanderlied

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 12:52:30 AM »
Graph why were Sanae's mammaries bouncing?

Inexplicable force of ero?

And are we to assume that Utsuho is attracted to the breasts or the armpits?

And why did Sanae engage in a ecchi pose during a formal meeting?

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:23 AM »
Graph why were Sanae's mammaries bouncing?
They want attention.

Inexplicable force of ero?
Well, that works too, pick your favorite.

And are we to assume that Utsuho is attracted to the breasts or the armpits?
I would theorize that the armpits have more of an impact, because Okuu has plenty of the other department herself.  However, I think she's liking how they work together in a combination... don't you think?

And why did Sanae engage in a ecchi pose during a formal meeting?
We say that the Hakurei miko is naturally gifted, and is strong without any major effort.  Likewise, her counterpart in Moriya is... naturally gifted, and exudes that particular aura effortlessly/ unconsciously.

These are difficult philosophical questions, to be sure.  I'm glad you're aware of the technical issues to be had in this field.

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 02:19:17 AM »

It was on a suggestion by a Nameless Fairy at Poosh.  Something about artifacts... though I don't see them personally, I went with it because it didn't make my process take any longer than before.  I'll change it back if I get complaints about filesize, but these things are generally equal to or smaller than what you'd find on, say, danbooru.  So I'll probably go with .png from now on.

Yeah, png will give you better quality, at the cost of the file size being larger. I prefer pngs myself though.

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 04:55:13 AM »
Did I tell you how much I love Kanako's cape?

Your Parsee gives a feeling not unlike that of Hillary Clinton: a scheming bitch.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
I can wait. Sooner or later you'll have to update again.

GJ on your piece in the Aki Sisters anthology by the way.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2009, 06:43:16 PM »
8O

Oh, my. How did I miss this?

Please continue!

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 08:17:54 PM »
Yes, apologies for the wait.  College has started again so the updates will be further apart, although...

The real reason this one is taking a while, is Super Robot Taisen Z.  I can't bring the TV to the house near the university (I rented a room near campus), so I crammed in as much as I could before summer vacation ended.

No PS2 this weekend, so the next update should be soon.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 11:10:42 PM »
Very very interesting... I'll need to keep track of this.

Graph

• Let's go, Trombe!
Small update so you guys know I'm still alive.

Also linking my DA page in case you guys want to see comments for individual pages for some reason.  Most are uncommented, I think Page 18 is the only kinda important one.

http://graphyteronin.deviantart.com

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
FFFFF-- Cliffhanger of sorts. If the weapon turns out to be a giant mecha hat with eyes I will be displeased.

I do love your Kanako.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
You better update this son or I'm cleaving you.

Jana

• mrgrgr
I've been lurking this topic for a bit, ever since you linked to it on the Pooshlmer boards. Good work, and I'm looking forward to the future installments!

Hooray updates!

Sanae just really is the poster girl for the Moriya shrine, isn't she.